• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Columbus, OH Social and Smashfest Thread

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
if anyone wants to play more you should come to osu

Refining a definite schedule to cater to the tumultuous schedules of college students is not really something I think a lot of the players that come through are really going to do. Just about everyone outside of OSU has class/work/etc and Donatos fight nights already gather and have gathered more people on average than campus smashfests that have happened for 3+ years now on dedicated days.

Also, the CFN things are at OSU... in fact, they are basically at the intersection of Lane Avenue and North High Street (about a 10 min walk from Dylan's and a 4 minute walk from Tyler's). That being said, if players do want to play more Melee and I guess kinda PM they should definitely join the OSU Facebook Group and play more. The guys there are great. If you want more games of predominately PM and I guess Brawl kinda, then Donatos + Pech/My/Shen's Smashfests on the weekend are probably more indicative to your needs.

I wish that both scenes would or could interact a bit more, though.

SoulPech

Smash Master
It's simple for me: I don't like Melee as much as I do as PM and Brawl. PM/Brawl is already offered @ CFN so.....

yeah. Maybe on off days, I can show up and bring a PM setup to the other event, but I also have work (as you already mentioned) and I seldomly go to CFN as it is.

Heroofhatz

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know where I can find the people in the Cincinnati area? I'm a Colorado P:M/Melee'r currently in Oxford Ohio for school but I'm looking for local tournaments to go to and Columbus is quite a ways out of my way. Hopefully I can make it up there one weekend though.

mathos

Smash Champion
Does anyone know where I can find the people in the Cincinnati area? I'm a Colorado P:M/Melee'r currently in Oxford Ohio for school but I'm looking for local tournaments to go to and Columbus is quite a ways out of my way. Hopefully I can make it up there one weekend though.
http://smashboards.com/threads/ohio-smashers-where-you-at-list-of-ohio-smashers.316495/
This thread had a list of people and location. It doesn't look like a whole lot but it's a start. Past that I would just keep watching the boards and see if any tourneys post up near you.

SoulPech

Smash Master
For anything Columbus related, please post here and for cinci you can go here: http://smashboards.com/threads/cincinnati-smashfesting-next-event-august-10th.337518/

honestly, i'm open to anything OH related to go to this thread.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Still little ill from yesterday's sudden downturn in my health. So probably I cannot make it today... :( I am missing out!

mathos

Smash Champion
Refining a definite schedule to cater to the tumultuous schedules of college students is not really something I think a lot of the players that come through are really going to do. Just about everyone outside of OSU has class/work/etc and Donatos fight nights already gather and have gathered more people on average than campus smashfests that have happened for 3+ years now on dedicated days.

Also, the CFN things are at OSU... in fact, they are basically at the intersection of Lane Avenue and North High Street (about a 10 min walk from Dylan's and a 4 minute walk from Tyler's). That being said, if players do want to play more Melee and I guess kinda PM they should definitely join the OSU Facebook Group and play more. The guys there are great. If you want more games of predominately PM and I guess Brawl kinda, then Donatos + Pech/My/Shen's Smashfests on the weekend are probably more indicative to your needs.

I wish that both scenes would or could interact a bit more, though.

Sorry I'm an old guy and I'm trying to refresh myself with the Melee scene. I tried reading through the last few pages of the thread but I think I'm still confused. The basic idea I got was that CFN hosts all sorts of fighting games, including Melee, PM and Brawl. You guys host PM/Brawl smashfests (not melee). And the OSU Facebook Group hosts Melee and PM. Unfortunately I don't have Facebook so I can't really see what you're talking about in your link. Is there any way to get any more information on the Facebook Group meetings?

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
The OSU Facebook Group hosts Melee about 95% of the time and maybe 5% of the time PM.

We host through CFN+smashfests probably about 85% PM, 15% Brawl idk. Maybe 95%/5%. In terms of the OSU guys you might just be out of luck if you don't use Facebook, but you can message Prince_Abu and jamesbjames (hankypanky) and see if there's anything that can be done on that end.

We do try to post mostly in the Columbus thread here about the stuff that we do, events that we go to and stuff. Otherwise, there is a tournament on November 9th that you can meet most of the Columbus Ohio Melee scene at.

mathos

Smash Champion
Thanks for the info. I saw the tournament but I'd hate to go into it without touching a controller since 2011 or something lolz. Hopefully Abu and james can help me out.

Suyon

Smash Lord
My phat ps3 had the yellow light of death. Need to heat the motherboard to let something flow. Not sure why but seems quite important.

SoulPech

Smash Master
Updated the OP for events, so check it out

Also you jerks, Chonce (twice in a row) has hosted a smashfest at his place and no one is showing up. AlfaFlake already ditched twice. Why? ;~;

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
I probably would've shown up and spent the night again if I didn't have a cold.

I had to miss work yesterday because of that, too, but now I'm getting better.

Top Bottom