• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Columbus Ohio Smashfest

FlyingFrenchman

Smash Apprentice
Having trouble finding info on it, where/when is this surplus auction going to be held? (I've really really been wanting a SDTV to practice bonewalking on, I can't get the hang of it on my roommate's LED tv).

Also, what are people up to tonight? Anybody who's driving to Nope's tomorrow want to get in some last minute play?

QUIVO

Smash Master
I think I'm gonna bail. Lack of practice...

Plus, it always seems like there's always something fun going on whenever there's a tournament.

I MIGHT change my mind tonight.. if i do, i'll give you a text moose.

Crow!

Smash Lord
I'm going to want to play a lot over Winter break after finals but before I go traveling - so like Dec. 10 - 20 or so. Who's going to be around then?

FlyingFrenchman

Smash Apprentice
I definitely want to get in some play before TYM, and the quarter is finally starting to slow down for me, so I'll be trying to get in some smash sometime this weekend (Saturday or Sunday, anybody free?), and will probably try to host something next Thursday.

Also, I currently don't have any work lined up for over break, so I'll probably be able to host any night other than Sunday or Tuesday, and play just about any day.

FlyingFrenchman

Smash Apprentice
I think I'm going to try to host something tomorrow at my place in the evening starting around 5:30. Just posting to gauge people's interest. I guess Juu is almost definitely in, haven't heard from anybody else.

Just as a warning, I may need to cancel last minute. I passed a kidney stone yesterday (happy thanksgiving, right? I'm actually really happy overall though, I thought I had appendicitis, so not being in surgery is great news), and I guess I have another one that I'll probably (hopefully ><) pass within the next week.

GoadMoose

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to hear that Frenchman :/ Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. Depending on the traffic around that time I might be able to play today

FlyingFrenchman

Smash Apprentice
Trying to give slightly more of a heads up this time.

I'm going to host some smash at my place starting at 6:00 on Thursday. Try to give me a heads up of you intend to come. If we have enough, I might try to get a hold of a second setup.

FlyingFrenchman

Smash Apprentice
AlphaZealot (name search magic gogo), you should try to come. Penguin said he could give you a ride if he ends up coming (he sounded like a strong maybe). Same for you Moose.

FlyingFrenchman

Smash Apprentice
Where in Ohio do you live? I'm really surprised that 120 miles away is the closest smashfest you can find. =\

You're more than welcome to come, but I'm not going to lie, I don't think I'd travel 2+ hours for one of my smashfests, haha.

Kanelol

Smash Lord
K just Mapquested that ***** and it's actually only 70 miles

and this is indubitably the closest smashfest >_<

but if these don't happen on a Friday i still can't come :[[

FlyingFrenchman

Smash Apprentice
I could probably play Tuesday evening, but I can't host.

Also, Quivo, get a hold of me when you get up. I need a distraction from finals for a bit, so I'm definitely down.

FlyingFrenchman

Smash Apprentice
Sounds good Keister. Btw, am I driving this weekend?

Everybody has been saying we need to play more smash over break. Starting next week, I'm going to try to host something every Wednesday in December starting at 6ish, that can probably run until people get bored. How does this time work for everybody? If Wednesday is a definite no-go for enough people, there are a few random Mondays/Thursdays I could also host over break.

Kanelol

Smash Lord
Sounds good Keister. Btw, am I driving this weekend?

Everybody has been saying we need to play more smash over break. Starting next week, I'm going to try to host something every Wednesday in December starting at 6ish, that can probably run until people get bored. How does this time work for everybody? If Wednesday is a definite no-go for enough people, there are a few random Mondays/Thursdays I could also host over break.
this sounds awesome

cept break doesnt start til the 21st :[

but after then i can make it to one or two

GoadMoose

Smash Journeyman
Well I'm finally done with finals... so I can play smash again :D :D I wanna play a lot over the break but I'm also working so I'll be kinda sporadic with free time. I usually work evening shifts (5-10), but I'll lurk the boards and see when people are playing. I can probly host a few of my own smashfests when I know my schedule better.

D

Deleted member

I'm down to smash any time within the next couple of weeks. Hit me up if you want to play me in melee, im willing to drive somewhere to play someone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
From what I understand, Q, is that Kiester is going to host a fest at his house before they (SiL, Wakka?, Fonz) go off to Sole/Kitty's tournament on Saturday. I'm going to see if I can make it out there.

Top Bottom