• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Combo Vid Compilation (278 videos) Last Update: 7/26 (5 New Videos)

Ares726

Smash Ace
Renth,

I am so sorry about that. When I went to edit the hyperlink text to put up the YouTube link instead of the FileFront one I forgot a few things (brackets, quotation marks, etc.). That mistake caused the post to not display 3 Ganon vids, and miss the title of the Falco section. I'm so glad you pointed that out though because now it has been fixed. Again, sorry it seemed as though I'd taken it down. To make up for it I'll give your video a little plug:

EVERYONE WATCH "THE FURY OF GANONDORF"

There. All better.

Ares726

Smash Ace
mkmelee: Thanks man. Glad I could help you out.
viperboy_74: I put both of those vids up. Nice work on the tech vid, some pretty awesome stuff.
Zen: Thanks again for the sticky plug. Stickidom still eludes this thread though. O well, the mods know what they're doing.
metroid1117: Thanks for both of those posts. The videos have been added.
TheManaLord: I added both Knee Justice videos. The entire DBR Evolution video is under the Misc. section. I didn't really feel the need to put each clip up individually. I'd rather everybody watch the whole thing.

Do you think I need to put each segement of DBR Evolution under the respective characters section? Keep the videos coming guys. Y'all are awesome.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Yeah because some people only want to watch the specific characters part of DBR's Evolution, instead of playing the whole thing and fast forwarding to the part you want or something. Still include the whole thing but put the individual parts up too!

And maybe you should have an authors pick section or something, because there are A LOT of combo videos now xD

or maybe like bold the best one for each character ionno.

Ares726

Smash Ace
Good ideas TheManaLord. I put up a link to each segement of DBR Evolution in the respective character's space. I like the idea of bolding the best video, but therein lies a problem:

Smash Community, I need your help!!! I'm a Sheik main. I can watch videos of other characters and think they're awesome, but I won't know as well as you do if that video is the best of the selection. So, everybody, tell me your favorite vid from your main's section so I can bold it as the best. I would hate to look dumb by bolding one that wasn't the best, and I know it'll end up that way if I do them all.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
I main Falcon and "Isai, Are You Watching?" from Tapion is just so good. Def the best falcon one.

Soldier of Fortune for Falco imo, Frostbite for IC's, Shadowclaw for Mewtwo... those are the only ones I can really put any input into, but for falcon it's for sure Tapion's vid!

EDIT: I was looking at the Falcon list of vids (my main) and I couldn't put my finger on it and I knew I had something that it didn't but I had to go to school. Now that I'm back and I look I see that The Reign of Falcon by Tink isn't on there! It's a fun but short little combo video that's a neat watch, here's the youtube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee-WCQCg8EI

That oughta complete the Falcon section! ^_^

metroid1117

Smash Master
Regarding your "Best Video" nominations...

Dr. Mario - Personally, I vote for Bob$'s portion of Evolution.

Mario - Mariotality 2. Silvershadow's Mario is just brutal.

Luigi - The Greenish Machine #2. Ka-Master's combos are more refined and more impressive.

Bowser - I think Gimpyfish's Bowser is not as bas as you Think is better than Koopakalypse; that's just my opinion. Also, I found another Bowser video: a tutorial on fotresshogging. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGgg8YomIDI

Peach - I didn't watch all the videos, but Crouching Peach: Hidden Stitchface has great music, comedy, and combos. What else could you ask for?

Yoshi - It was between Look at Dem Boots and Zeno's Ressurection, but I think that Zeno's video has better combos. So, I vote for Zeno's video.

DK - Jungle Fever. Le Chango is interesting, but Cargoing is a more traditional approach to playing DK that the majority of users prefer to do.

Ganondorf - Personally, I vote for Lethal Ganon 2.

Fox - Zelgadis' display in Evolution is the most entertaining and contains some great waveshining moments.

Ness - Simna's sequel to his PK Thunder guide is too good XD.

Kirby - I'm not going to vote, but I found a missing video: Gimpyfish's combo video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jlnl56hFmQ

Samus - Not voting.

Zelda - There isn't a VERY good combo video of Zelda (in my opinion) yet, so I'm not going to vote.

Sheik - Although short, I think that DSF's portion of Evolution is the best. Also, I noticed that Captain Jack's Sheik Tutorial was missing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCDsnCTmjoM

Link - Not voting; I haven't seen many of the videos.

Y. Link - Y. Link the Unpredictable...2 is the winner, I think. Also, Wak made a short and comedic video of Y. Link techniques: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_TajHu0MXs.

Pichu - Chain Lightning seems to be the only choice >.>.

Pikachu - Electric Shuffle has great tail-spike moments as well as combos.

Jigglypuff - I think Rollout was better than Evolution; BAir WoP is great.

G&W - Not voting.

Marth - For me, it's Kaze no Kizzu 2. By the way, here's the original version of Wound of the Wind, if you're interested (it's completely different): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMR5BJB4qME

Roy - Not voting.

Misc - Wak's Videos will dominate all.

Also, I found a tutorial video for Capt. Falcon. Even though it's titled "Pt. 1", I haven't seen any other sequels. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJDvCthsXGE

Ares726

Smash Ace
Thank you metroid1117 and TheManaLord. As of now I have only your votes, and since y'all didn't vote on the same sections there have been no conflicts. So, as of now, you two dictate what each character's best video is. Congratulations.

Xtra

Smash Ace
yay tapion wins best cpt. falcon vid. the marth kaze no kizzu was pretty good sh*t too. and of course the hylian nightmare is absurd. im glade this thread was started. i always have something to do now. but there is a sh*t load of combo vids out there. keep looking for the best ones. im sure the best people will come and post theres but make sure to keep em commin.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
thanx for this thread ares. its organized perfectly, and the blue highlights really do help alot. Before i wasn't interested in looking at Roy combo videos..but since one was highlighted..i figured, i'd give it a shot, and i was really enjoyed it and the others i've watched.

this should get stickied.

Ares726

Smash Ace
Percision, under Falco, does not work. Can't believe I'm the only one to notice.
Yea, for some reason it got taken of Google. I'm removing the link now.

Metroid, I'll be adding the video you uploaded. Thanks/you're welcome to everyone who said the thread was good and should be stickied. I'm stoked that you thought it was a little bit helpful.

Hyrule2

Smash Apprentice
Cool topic. It's a good idea so that people wont have to spend hours of searching to find a combo vid of the character they want, not to mention the best one. How long did it take you to gather all of this? I mean, before the first update.

Ares726

Smash Ace
Cool topic. It's a good idea so that people wont have to spend hours of searching to find a combo vid of the character they want, not to mention the best one. How long did it take you to gather all of this? I mean, before the first update.
Well, let me see... I'd say I saw my first combo vid in June or July of 2006. It was either Femme Fatale, Rollout, or Frostbite. From then on I started gathering a personal library. I started off with one for each character. Then, I just got hooked on collecting them. Like baseball cards or stamps or whatever you collect. I spent hours a day surfing for different ones. It was frustrating sometimes because I always try to get the original link and everything, and people re-post a lot of videos (any of masterwumpus's videos have like 20 links that aren't his). So once I had a substantial library of downloaded vids (about 5GB worth) I decided to try and find some more. This thread was started September 18, 2006 and was orginially a request thread asking people to send me links to great videos, but that was a bad idea. So I put all my videos on here and just kept hunting.

So, to quickly summarizes the answer to your question. It took 4 or 5 months of work with an average of an hour a day. Which comes out to roughly 120 to 150 hours. Hopefully this long answer wasn't unwanted. I'm glad you asked because I think it's important that people know I put a ton of work into this.

By the way, ShackDaddy, I like that vid a lot. I'm putting it in both the Sheik and Mewtwo sections. Thanks man.

Hyrule2

Smash Apprentice
Well, let me see... I'd say I saw my first combo vid in June or July of 2006. It was either Femme Fatale, Rollout, or Frostbite. From then on I started gathering a personal library. I started off with one for each character. Then, I just got hooked on collecting them. Like baseball cards or stamps or whatever you collect. I spent hours a day surfing for different ones. It was frustrating sometimes because I always try to get the original link and everything, and people re-post a lot of videos (any of masterwumpus's videos have like 20 links that aren't his). So once I had a substantial library of downloaded vids (about 5GB worth) I decided to try and find some more. This thread was started September 18, 2006 and was orginially a request thread asking people to send me links to great videos, but that was a bad idea. So I put all my videos on here and just kept hunting.

So, to quickly summarizes the answer to your question. It took 4 or 5 months of work with an average of an hour a day. Which comes out to roughly 120 to 150 hours. Hopefully this long answer wasn't unwanted. I'm glad you asked because I think it's important that people know I put a ton of work into this.

By the way, ShackDaddy, I like that vid a lot. I'm putting it in both the Sheik and Mewtwo sections. Thanks man.
:crazy:
Wow. You deserve + rep for that, and asticky. Umm... my + rep wont help you right now though>.<

Heffy

Smash Rookie
Hmm... maybe watching all of those Marth videos will make me better against you. Wait, no. Nope. Not looking good.

Xtra

Smash Ace
I uploaded Superdoodleman's second guide to Float Canceling for Peach (I haven't seen the first before) - http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5068988066950548664

yeah, ares u should def. get some superdoodleman vids up here for under misc. def. get "perfect conrole" "adventure mode" (i dont know if that is simply the title but i think i might be) and "the wrath of bowser" i think they call it videography but its intresting and fun to watch. also does anybody have a link too luigis "under the sea"? i dont know if its a combo vid i dont even know whos luigi is it but all i do know is its someone making it all the way under final D. i've heard about it a million times but have never ever been able to find it.

Xtra

Smash Ace
oh snap! earthbound u are my savior and i am forever in debt to u. maybe i'll run into u sometime and give u my soul! fc? anyway thanks a lot. and ares consider puttin that sh*t up along with the SDM vids i mentioned. u'll like em. also there isn't a "link under the sea" but there is a couple under Lord HDL's guide on the bottome part of "video refrences" im total computer noob but im sure there is a way u could "compile" those together and put it up. THANX!

Top Bottom