• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Combo Vid Compilation (278 videos) Last Update: 7/26 (5 New Videos)

Ares726

Smash Ace
metroid1117 and Charoo: I like both of those videos, but I'm not sure if they'll go up because the different characters are mixed throughout. I'll be thinking about it, and by tomorrow they'll either be up or they won't.

Xtra and Earthbound360: I've seen all of those videos. I like those videos, but they aren't combo videos. I wouldn't be doing justice to this post if I put them in here. The only reason Sandbag Combo Showdown is in here is because it is (by title only) a combo vid. Thanks for the suggestion and everything, but those videos just don't fit here. You can find links to them on the Official Google Video thread (or whatever it's called).

metroid1117 and Earthbound360: Thanks for the videos. Metroid, if you find the first part of that guide let me know please. Y'all keep up the good work.

Also, if you main a character who doesn't have anything selected as their best video (a video with a blue title) tell me what you think it is. Also, if you disagree with the current "Best of Character" video tell me that too.

metroid1117

Smash Master

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Okay great, you added Nessgeguard at least. (Is that what it is really supposed to be or was that a typo, because I dont see how to pronounce that:dizzy: )

Oh, and are these "best ones" IYO? Becuase Kirby, Zelda, and Samus dont have best ranks.

Good job with the constant updates.

Ares726

Smash Ace
"Nessgeguard" is the name he gives in the video so that's what I put. I have no idea how to pronounce it either. Weird video titles...pshh...go figure.

The "Best of Character" videos are supposed to be in the opinion of those who main that character. I don't play Kirby, Zelda, or Samus. The Misc. and Sheik ones are IMO, but the others are not. If you disagree with any of the selections just say so and I'll re-evaluate the "Best of" status of the vid in question.

Thank for the compliment about the constant updates. Just trying to do a good job.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
I just watched both Zelda videos (I've been playing with her a lot lately) and I have to say that Royal Blood is a much better combo video! Def the best!

Ares726

Smash Ace
Thanks again metroid. All those videos you've posted have been added. You're doing to this thread what I envisioned for it: finding videos, posting them, and adding them to the list. If only we had a few more metroids. O well. Keep up the great work.

PacStrife

Smash Ace
lol @ my old vid being put up. but at least I did do something interesting with all the up B glitches at the end, I think that's pretty cool. Anyways I should probably make a new vid. where I actually suffle up airs!! what what??? Anyways mario is too good :) :mario: :)

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
You have it written as the vid "No johns" is on Youtoob when actually it's on File Front.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Thanks again metroid. All those videos you've posted have been added. You're doing to this thread what I envisioned for it: finding videos, posting them, and adding them to the list. If only we had a few more metroids. O well. Keep up the great work.
Thanks :) . You're not the only one with a compilation of Smash videos :chuckle: .

By the way, I uploaded a guide on the uses of Samus' bombs made by MPrisM: OMFG Bombs - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKvjHUBcDYg. I believe that he made it based off of http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=59039&page=1&pp=15; you could post that if you want.

Also, I found Mike Y's Marth combo video (no title): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69uiI9QDVSU

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
yes i know you are only putting one link
but if you change it to the youtube link its better and faster to see
This was addressed once more with the Mariotality 2 upload to Google Video. Obviously, there's no way that we'll be able to prevent people from uploading the videos to streaming websites, however the people who put a lot of effort into the videos as artistic creations instead of pithy attempts to impress the Smash community would most certainly appreciate having their high-quality links up instead of, or as well as, the streaming ones.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
It might be a good idea to put these in alphabetical order by character.

The blue highlight for "best video" is a good idea. As more videos come in you might want to find some way to review them or poll them though.

PacStrife

Smash Ace
just a note.. The highlighted bowers video is by gimpy fish. The highlighted video was made before his other video, boozer cute. Also a lot more time and effort were put into boozer cute. So I think boozer cute should be the highlighted bowser video on basis of production value and actual skill level. Just take a look and see what you think.

Ares726

Smash Ace
It might be a good idea to put these in alphabetical order by character.

The blue highlight for "best video" is a good idea. As more videos come in you might want to find some way to review them or poll them though.
I think I'll do that now. Put them in alphabetical order that is. I had been keeping the instructional vids on the top of the list so I don't know what to do about that. I could either make 2 alphabatized lists per character (instructional and combo) or alphabatize the whole thing. Not sure yet, I'll see which I like more.

The poll system I have now is for people who main the character to speak up. I can't think of any other way to do this. If you can think of any please let me know.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I think I'll do that now. Put them in alphabetical order that is. I had been keeping the instructional vids on the top of the list so I don't know what to do about that. I could either make 2 alphabatized lists per character (instructional and combo) or alphabatize the whole thing. Not sure yet, I'll see which I like more.

The poll system I have now is for people who main the character to speak up. I can't think of any other way to do this. If you can think of any please let me know.
You could still keep the videos beneath in any order you wanted, I just meant organized by character. If I wanted to see Dr. Mario, Fox, and Captain Falcon, I'd just have to scroll through the entire list instead of knowing where they'd be. The videos for each character (and misc.) don't need to be in any specific order, as there aren't very many.

As for voting......

If you want to handle it all on your own, you can use www.snappoll.com

You can make polls for each of the videos, and then just check the votes every now and then and change when necessary.

http://snappoll.com/poll/143591.php

They look like that by default, but you can customize it if you felt the need.

Another way would be to ask a moderator to include a never-ending poll in each character specific forum. This way, Fox players going to the Fox forum in character specific would be able to vote in the poll in a forum they are normally in anyways.

If you were feeling lucky, you could try to get the poll in the back room and hope for the elite players & moderators to decide.

Ares726

Smash Ace
Overswarm, I think you missed the genius of the list. The categories are in the order of the character selection screen. That's why they're in that order. Learn where your character is on the selection screen, and you'll know where s/he is on the post.

On a side note, the videos under each category have been alphabitized.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Overswarm, I think you missed the genius of the list. The categories are in the order of the character selection screen. That's why they're in that order. Learn where your character is on the selection screen, and you'll know where s/he is on the post.

Most people don't start with Dr. Mario and then scroll all the way to Ganon, go to Falco, then scroll over to Y.L, then to Pichu and then all the way over to Marth when they want to find Marth. They just pick Marth o_O

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Uhh... in the first post, you said the ones highlighted in blue are the best, but they are yellow now >_>.

Oh, and how about you color highlight the newest vids you add?

metroid1117

Smash Master

I personally agree with Overswarm; the organization of the list by the Character Select screen is good, but only if you play smash often enough to the point where you have memorized the list. To the casual smasher, organizing it by alphabet may be better. Also, regarding the videos under each character, maybe you can put guides on top and combo videos on the bottom, then alphabetize those separate groups.

Ares726

Smash Ace
After hours of heated deliberation, aggressive stances from both sides, and large amounts of personal meditation I have decided to concede to the casual smashers and redo the categories in alphabetical order. I have also decided to put all the guides at the top (like I'd done all along until today).

The debate consisted of a coin toss and the fact that the people who frequently post want it done. Way to rock the vote posters.

Nike

Smash Apprentice
nice work on compiling these ares. i've watched quite of few, now that they r in the same place.

does ne1 know what's the name of the song used in king's section of dbr evolution?

Ares726

Smash Ace
nice work on compiling these ares. i've watched quite of few, now that they r in the same place.

does ne1 know what's the name of the song used in king's section of dbr evolution?
It's in the credits of DBR Evolution (found in the misc. videos section). I'll save you the trouble of looking it up though. It's called "Shake It Up" by Basic Instinct feat. Delete

Nike

Smash Apprentice
It's in the credits of DBR Evolution (found in the misc. videos section). I'll save you the trouble of looking it up though. It's called "Shake It Up" by Basic Instinct feat. Delete
sweet dude. thanx. I like the new format on the first page, simplified.

Top Bottom