• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Combosaur - An Ivysaur Combo Video

Itburns

Smash Journeyman
Im glad i got you thinking.. I wanted to showcase ivys variety of combos

pivot vinewhip was originally form yostuffstanks ivy, much props to him.

Ulevo

Smash Master
I was expecting this video to be disappointing, like every combo video.

Your video quality wasn't great, and your music taste doesn't jive with the flow of the video to say the least.

Despite that, you managed to produce a nice compilation of win. And for that, you have my thumbs up good sir. Now I have some new things to teach my Ivysaur.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
great job thanks!
you're like the move-teacher. and also you just gave me a bunch of new TM's to use on ivy.
thank you.

Itburns

Smash Journeyman
@ Ulevo
yeah, I rushed the music selection and the editing.. aslong as you got the gist of the video im happy. glad you liked it.
I had to live up to combo quality of the Eilte Four.

@ DemonFart:
thanks man, I got your comments on my youtube account. Im glad I helped you get better. Keep practicing on those TM's :D

Aveean

Purple Yoshi Double Dunker
Love the video =) There are a few things in there that will really help my Ivy. Also, I need to learn to instant tether more - your video definitely shows it's usefulness.

I hope you don't mind if I add this to my video thread.

PkTrainerCris

Smash Ace
Very good man, my ivy can learn some stuff of that now :D
Good combo video, "la mata que mata" is freaking awesome :D

Retro Gaming

Black and White Thinking
Oh man pants, you noticed that thing with the tether I noticed a little while ago. I don't remember if this was in the original instant tether thread but when you hold in toward the stage when you tether from above you kind of get stuck and delay the part where you hang down near the ledge from. Talking about 2:15.

You tack on Uair to like everything. I don't really think I could ever be convinced to do that.

Also, I love how you use Nair.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
one thing I learned is that Ivy has a different form of the spot dodge smash move, instead of down smash that works so well for charz, he can use bullet seed instead and when timed right, it works just as well, but with all the pain of a good bullet seed. =D

I'm still too slow though -.-

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Geez pants man that Ivy always manages to show me that i got more work to do on my Ivy. But man those n-air spikes are gold and funny part is you set them up the exact same way I do. Either way sick Ivy play man keep it up

Itburns

Smash Journeyman
Oh man pants, you noticed that thing with the tether I noticed a little while ago. I don't remember if this was in the original instant tether thread but when you hold in toward the stage when you tether from above you kind of get stuck and delay the part where you hang down near the ledge from. Talking about 2:15.

You tack on Uair to like everything. I don't really think I could ever be convinced to do that.

Also, I love how you use Nair.
yeah I remember that post actually.. I know exactly what your talking about, it looks hella like a slinky i love using it against people with a tether recovery just cause it looks weird.

Im glad you brought up Uair... people really underestimate it.. they think its hella slow but Uair is decievingly fast. Its ivysaurs arieal manuverability thats slow.
if you wanna see an example.. see how fast a shorthop uair is, you ll allmost automatically hit the ground.

a BIG tip i can give is bait this move... people are so used to airdodging the momment you jump up in the air that all you have to do is follow them and uair when they get out of dodge animaon.

that and mix it up with vinewhip to really throw them off.

@ everyone else.. thanks guys I reall appreciate your props. I checked the originaly video thread and it seems ivy is finally getting the recognition he deserves.

MBreeto

Smash Ace
Very nice, and surprising. To be honest, I had no idea Ivysaur could pull some of those moves off. Very impressive

Pichu Sensei

Smash Apprentice
This videa made me want to start playing brawl again. It also made me realize how far behind I am.

Can you gimme a link on the whole slide throws and such? I think it's time my ivy depended on something other than my opponent going right into my smashes.

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
lol i loved your lv. 99 ivy mines only on lv. 35 TT_TT i only have 4 badges

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I went to the pokemart to buy up-smash but they gave me solar beam in stead, did I get jipped?

and thanks for posting the vid again, I have a broader idea of Ivy's capabilities.

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
I went to the pokemart to buy up-smash but they gave me solar beam in stead, did I get jipped?

and thanks for posting the vid again, I have a broader idea of Ivy's capabilities.
i feel sad for you *goes to the tradeing center and trades one of his upsmashes to bomber for a solar beam*

Bomber7

Smash Hero
i feel sad for you *goes to the tradeing center and trades one of his upsmashes to bomber for a solar beam*
Soooooooo....... I call dibs on an awsome Ivy combo that I have yet to come up with and calling it Wild Vine...... just so you know, I can get credit for it when I make it. Whenever that is lol. I'll find something, though I need to get Ivy to at least lvl 70 for him to learn it and hack the game to get around him having to be a venasaur.

Itburns

Smash Journeyman
nair nair uair is the pants combo.

calling it right now.

and challenge accepted demonfart. its on.

Zarkai

Smash Rookie
great use of dair and great edge game man. Great vid in general, thanks for posting it, i'm def picking up some stuff from it.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
sticky so i can see what the hype is about later....
Instead of stickying it should either go into the PT vid thread and/or under the useful threads, thread because in Useful threads they have a section for combo vids.

Talk to RetroGaming

Aveean

Purple Yoshi Double Dunker
I have the video in my video thread, but as for wanting the whole thread posted somewhere that is up to Retro.

Retro Gaming

Black and White Thinking
It's in the video thread, which is probably the first people will look at for reference material. This whole thread doesn't need to be saved, though?

Timothy2035

Smash Journeyman
I would agree with Retro that the whole thread doesn't need to be saved through a "sticky". I would think that what Eevzy did in making it a part of the video thread, and also having the thread "linked" through the INDEX thread is good. The last thing any mod would want is a lot of stickies on the first page. By doing what has been done already in those two threads, this thread is stickied (of sorts) already. :)

Bomber7

Smash Hero
well at least its in the video thread. I just thought since it was a "combo video" it would go under the combo vid section in retro's thread. It doesnt really matter to me, so long as I know where it is.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
I loved that one combo you did where you do a double jump with 2 Nairs in a row and follow it up with a Up Air. Now could that combo work if Ivysaur was infront or facing away from the opponent?

Top Bottom