• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"common knowledge" that a lot of people don't know

SudoChop

Smash Rookie
OO i think I have one...

Samus: If you UP+B on Randal when he is on the bottom left next to the slot, Samus will do the up B animation but go nowhere. You can then up+b and get a really cool looking animation effect. Might work on the right side too but this is the only way I've managed to pull it off.

If someone has a link to a video of this that would be nice. I'm sure I'm not the only person who has seen this.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I've seen impossible in front of my face and I still can't believe my eyes and I see it everyday. When i close my eyes I see a circle made of colorful squares each with another layer of squares that make another circle. It's impossible but I can see it when I close my eyes.

You have to stop thinking sometimes and start understanding, otherwise everything will always be impossible. A leason i'm still trying to master in my mind.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
Yoshi has super armor frames on his double jump. If he is hit by an attack that would knock him over if he were crouch canceling, then it will knock him out of the double jump. Therefore, Falco's shine will spike yoshi while Foxes will not.
Is that really the rule? I always thought some moves just had certain properties that did that to him.

Let It Riot

Smash Cadet
I've seen impossible in front of my face and I still can't believe my eyes and I see it everyday. When i close my eyes I see a circle made of colorful squares each with another layer of squares that make another circle. It's impossible but I can see it when I close my eyes.

You have to stop thinking sometimes and start understanding, otherwise everything will always be impossible. A leason i'm still trying to master in my mind.
Are you talking about fractal geometry?

you cant see it in your head if your mind cant understand it.
and even if you somehow could, to theorize that anythings possible from that would be absurd

BunBun

Smash Master

That's due to pressure from your eyelids affecting the vitreous and your retina.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Definetly can't do it as Doc. I try. ;] Maybe as ness though.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
I just saw a vid of this, though i'm pretty sure this is already mentioned.

Use jigglypuff and use the samus ball item. Jump and insta-rest.

Tamoo

Smash Master
I think it depends on player port too, as you drop down at different times depending on the port number.

Hmm, there is a point on rainbow cruise in which you can't run the whole length of a platform, it will make you walk halfway through instead. It's right at the top portion of the stage

And shorthopping with most chars on heavily slanted stages like yoshi's pipes causes you to instantly land

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
frame 18 actually.

dash grab simply lasts 20 frames less than standing grab, though has slightly less time on the hitbox

standing grab hitbox 18-37, total time 94
running grab hitbox 18-27, 30-33, total time 74

xbombr

Smash Ace
It's always better to JC grab, you're going to get punished for either one of them and JC grab has more range and a slightly longer lasting box.

joeplicate

Smash Master
here's something that i don't actually think a lot of people know

for peach's recovering wall-bomber, you need to do the tap side B over and over because it gives you extra distance from just holding it

similarly, luigi's side B has 2 distances!
try it out for yourself
tap b goes further than hold b

not sure if it affects the charge

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
i thought everyone knew about peach's smash sideb for the wall bomber... i've known since 06 and i know everyone i've talked to (except for my friend who just picked up the game) knew about it.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
i thought everyone knew about peach's smash sideb for the wall bomber... i've known since 06 and i know everyone i've talked to (except for my friend who just picked up the game) knew about it.
Lol, I think more ppl know that you can wall bomb up to recovery

the implication of it is less known, but I dont know by how much.

Also LOL at the person anecdote that explains why its logical that everyone should know about peach's wall bomber

Goldio

Smash Rookie
Since alot of people i know like to be able to use the C-stick while they practice and 1p-mode practice doesn't allow it they usually put a second controller in and play vs mode with infinite time. Some of the options included the computer walking and jumping and i found an easy way of getting the other player to infinitely jump.

Unplug the controller, hold down the C-stick and plug back in, release and tape or rubberband down R L or Z. The shield plus infinite up on C-stick causes them to jump continuously. Probably useless but whatever...

Goldio

Smash Rookie
On Pokemon Stadium, every character can time their taunt to cancel after falling off the edge of the windmill. Audio will be there but no animation because they drop.

-The tip of the hilt of Roy's sword meteors during his usmash.

-Marth's tipped dsmash can kill Jiggs on FD at 50%. (Probably lower)

-If you down B an opponent twice as Mewtwo, the second hit has set knockback. It won't kill at 999%.

-Yoshi's dtilt has set knockback

-There is a way to perform the Yoyo Glitch with Ness that involves him getting hit while dsmashing.

-dair->down B is a legit combo with Samus.

Is the mewtwo set knockback a version thing because i'm killing people with it at high percents?

Top Bottom