• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"common knowledge" that a lot of people don't know

mood4food77

Smash Hero
a better mindgame would be to taunt and powersheild a incoming projectile and then follow up with the projectile you powersheilded at them.

all the clones can wall jump but for roy, no roy love. Also techically roy/pichu are the hardest in the game yo pick minus mater hand.
doc can't wall jump

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
If you throw a book while in battle, your opponent may SD. Its a great technique, try it! ;D

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
armada does this to drop through platforms

i think he uses his dj to go through the platform then uses his float to cancel the doublejump

i haven't played around with this though so i don't know exactly how it works
I dont quite get it. O_o

wouldnt that be slower than just dropping/shield dropping thru?

joeplicate

Smash Master
I dont quite get it. O_o

wouldnt that be slower than just dropping/shield dropping thru?
well he only does it when he's in his shield haha

it's as fast and seems a LOT easier to do
idk though seems kinda risky to use up your jump that way

but then again he is armada and i'm not

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
well he only does it when he's in his shield haha

it's as fast and seems a LOT easier to do
idk though seems kinda risky to use up your jump that way

but then again he is armada and i'm not
Haha trippy.
If hes doin it its probably more reliable because its easier or something. and its prob not much diff speed wise.

I been doin shield drops ever since I saw Berserker son.

I did like 12 prior do that while practicing on Hyrule lol.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
That's easy, a true AT is to use a textbook. You may disable them long enough to take down multiple stocks.
Hmmm, seems viable. I even know of a textbook which is bigger and thicker than the fourth Harry Potter book. Its a computer hardware and software fundamentals book.

Although since its so big my opponent could dodge it if given ample time.

Tonsana

Smash Apprentice
You can choose your victory pose by pressing/hold in either B, Y or X.

You can choose the second music on the stage bye pressing/hold in L or R while loading the stage. All players must do this.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You can choose your victory pose by pressing/hold in either B, Y or X.

You can choose the second music on the stage bye pressing/hold in L or R while loading the stage. All players must do this.
Yeah I am the one to always hold l and r but it seems no one else cares. :[

X1-12

Smash Champion
if you are off-screen and in the little circle showing where you are and you do a move, any 'prop' used in that move will not appear E.G peach's neutral B she will just shove her arms out and you will not see the toad

Wuss

Smash Champion
if you are off-screen and in the little circle showing where you are and you do a move, any 'prop' used in that move will not appear E.G peach's neutral B she will just shove her arms out and you will not see the toad
in addition to this, jigglypuff's eyes are open in the bubble even if she's asleep from rest.

Kanelol

Smash Lord
in addition to this, jigglypuff's eyes are open in the bubble even if she's asleep from rest.
Jigglypuff's eyes are also open in the reflection on FoD if she's asleep from rest.

Also, Doc's Nair gets stronger the longer it's out, instead of weaker like most Sex Kicks

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
kanelol waynesville ohio is not far away from cincinnati or oxford, both of which are sort of my residence

come play me

ihavespaceballs, i havent been back to this thread since i posted that **** about that bomb to bair combo and i have no idea if you still check around here, but for real dude, the dude did it every time he daired someone, and then like 2 years later i was talking with rat, another samus from michigan, asked him if he ever met dirj, and rat goes "yeah man, that guy used to bomb to bair combo!"

it was legendary

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
ihavespaceballs, i havent been back to this thread since i posted that **** about that bomb to bair combo and i have no idea if you still check around here, but for real dude, the dude did it every time he daired someone, and then like 2 years later i was talking with rat, another samus from michigan, asked him if he ever met dirj, and rat goes "yeah man, that guy used to bomb to bair combo!"

it was legendary
I still check it (stating the obvious as I post 10 minutes after you).
And ****, that's pretty ridiculous. Clearly it doesn't "combo" like bomb-nair does, but I can sorta see how you could link them together by bomb DIing away and maybe fastfalling the bair. I'm going to start throwing that in to see when and how it can work.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
it was not a case of a fastfall man

bomb, hold forward and bair like on the way up

its just too bad i cant show you

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
update spaceballs

i did that **** to computers last night, actually not that hard but a little weird to time, bair hits way earlier than i thought

Wuss

Smash Champion
does anybody if some characters are unable to pc hog or if everyone can, just some are very difficult? I was trying to do it with every character, and i couldn't do it with jigglypuff, kirby, DK, ganon, zelda, or peach. Does anybody know? (btw, by pc hog, I mean the walk towards the edge turnaround into edge grab. i think it's called something like that).

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
I'll admit I didn't test all of them, but after doing more than half I think I can safely conclude the following:

All get-up off the ledge attacks (both before and after 100% damage) have set knockback.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
does anybody if some characters are unable to pc hog or if everyone can, just some are very difficult? I was trying to do it with every character, and i couldn't do it with jigglypuff, kirby, DK, ganon, zelda, or peach. Does anybody know? (btw, by pc hog, I mean the walk towards the edge turnaround into edge grab. i think it's called something like that).
It works. I've done at least once with all those characters except Kirby because I never play him and therefore never tried. However, it's absolutely useless during a competitive game as this is way too hard.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I call resets on pokemon stadium when this happens >.>
Yeah I tend to just give up on asking everyone to hold l and r. "Huh?" "Why?" Gah not that people know about it or care about it. :[

Definetly required for FD.

Top Bottom