• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COMPETITIVE Brawl+: Code Agenda

abcool

Smash Ace
well ok i just want one little change the ability to DI when i fire lasers with fox/falco i mean it was usable in ssb64 and melee, but not brawl i miss having the option to get a distance with it, plus if u can make fox's laser go all the way instead of halfway that would be nice. one more thing making samus super missiles have more knockback because she is hard to use for beginners on brawl+.

Osi

Smash Ace
I honestly don't care how much it is like brawl or melee... I would think the point of brawl+ is to make it the best possible we can with the codes available. If this means some melee/64 elements come in then fine, and if some brawl moveset/combos need to change... well that's the way it goes for a better overall game.

Global tweaks that allow the normal flow of brawl to remain is more along the lines I'm shooting for in my code set. Things like dash speed, dash dancing, hitstun, ALC, faster ledge animation, no sweetspot on up Bs, faster falls, and gravity tweaks still have the basics of brawl in there. Adding in something like MAD would be putting in a technique brawl doesn't really need to be effective. It is a fun thing to use, but the additions it makes will benefit some without being a global benefit. The global modifiers I listed earlier scale with how the character was originally set up.

A good example of a character being fun with codes, but they are codes I would never put in the set is Ike. Ike with S cancel and MAD is insane. He is so fun to play, but it goes pretty far against the original slow but powerful character. These codes remove all the limitations set in place on him to counter how powerful he is. No lag and great ground movement with such a powerful character is fun, but I wouldn't want to shoot for changes like that with the codes. As long as the characters all become viable options I'll be happy, and Ike is very viable with ALC/BAD.

I'm also pretty against character specific codes outside of PT stamina and MK nerfs. I think that MK could be an awesome addition to brawl+ with just some slight nerfs to any of his best moves. I could even see PT stamina not being in the code set because it makes one character better rather than a global buff. MK is a pretty extreme case though, and I'd rather fix him than waste a character slot we could use (it's not like we can add characters, so may as well make the best out of these ones instead of banning).

Edit -
I am currently loving .8 SH/ 1.4 dash speed/ 1.2 FF. The game does have some changes to combos and movesets. Some little things like fox/falcon being a bit too good at tech chasing, but it's not really broken. The overall speed and combos added far outweighs little disadvantages it spawns. I would like tech rolling to be faster regardless of dash speed anyways. Good DI and teching will still get you out of a fox/falcon combo. This SH change buffs falco's laser game, buffs gannon's SHFF dair(it barelly comes out, but makes for a much faster SHFF dair), and makes marth a beast at the loss of his double SH fairs. It really feels like a solid game with speed added we have all been discussing without nerfing recoveries.

It makes the SH nana spike in the CG so hard to do. It's possible though, but much more of a technical achievement than the easily done version without SH at .8.

WeirdoZ Inc.

Smash Apprentice
I personally think that the Independent Pokemon code, or a custom select screen with Independent Pokemon would be a better idea. That way it's not so much character specific buff, but just adding more characters.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
How are some of you guys creating the custom css screens? It's something I'm interested in dabbling with myself.

Almas

Smash Lord
You don't need a USB Gecko in order to modify the Custom CSS code for your own use. That said, I don't think this is the place for it. Try the support thread.

CyberGlitch

Smash Journeyman
The Zelda one does Zelda by herself.s
Code:
Custom CSS V3 [spunit262]
0668310C 00000030
387E006C 3B600000
3C808068 38840DE0
7CBB20AE 7CA50775
41800014 94A30004
3B7B0001 2C1B0032
4180FFE8 48000038
04690338 48000068
066900d8 00000008
2c170028 41820168
02680DE0 0022FFFF
06680DE0 000000YY
ZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZ

YY is the number of characters on the select screen (in hex, and you can't exceed 50 characters), which includes none and random. So if you wanted to use the default 36 spaces, that would be 24. If you wanted to include the three pokemon and ZSS (or zss, shiek, an extra random and a none or if MK gets banned sheik can replace him), it would be 28. If you wanted to have 44 spaces (the three pokemon, sheik, zss, an extra random, and two none), it would be 2C.

ZZ is for the character IDs. You just fill them in one right after the other, and (as I now know) the game will rescale the characters to fit in the four lines, so it's recommended to use some multiple of 4. Just fill in any extra Zs with 0s if you need to complete the line. If you're using 40 characters, this won't be necessary, though.

And for the character IDs:

00 Mario
01 Donkey Kong
02 Link
03 Samus
04 Zero Suit Samus
05 Yoshi
06 Kirby
07 Fox
08 Pikachu
09 Luigi
0A Captain Falcon
0B Ness
0C Bowser
0D Peach
0E Zelda
0F Sheik
10 Ice Climbers
11 Marth
12 Mr. Game & Watch
13 Falco
14 Ganondorf
15 Wario
16 Metaknight
17 Pit
18 Pikmin & Olimar
19 Lucas
1A Diddy Kong
1B Pokemon Trainer
1C Charizard
1D Squirtle
1E Venasaur
1F Dedede
20 Lucario
21 Ike
22 Robot
23 Jigglypuff
24 Toon Link
25 Wolf
26 Snake
27 Sonic
28 None
29 Random
3A Popo
50 Nana
46 Charizard (Trainer Independant)
47 Squirtle (Trainer Independant)
48 Venasaur (Trainer Independant)
36 Giga Bowser
3F WarioMan
34 ZakoRed (Red Alloy)
38 ZakoBlue (Blue Alloy)
2A ZakoYellow (Yellow Alloy)
30 ZakoGreen (Green Alloy)

Regular Zelda Icon (CSS) [spunit262]
046900E8 60000000

kupo15

Smash Hero
omg guys I checked my buffer code and it was set to 1 wtf although I am positive I haven't been playing with it...T_T

kupo15

Smash Hero
Everyone there is three updated codes make sure you get them. Thanks so much pw, spunit and almas for your hard work!

CountKaiser

Smash Lord

Edit -
I am currently loving .8 SH/ 1.4 dash speed/ 1.2 FF. The game does have some changes to combos and movesets. Some little things like fox/falcon being a bit too good at tech chasing, but it's not really broken. The overall speed and combos added far outweighs little disadvantages it spawns. I would like tech rolling to be faster regardless of dash speed anyways. Good DI and teching will still get you out of a fox/falcon combo. This SH change buffs falco's laser game, buffs gannon's SHFF dair(it barelly comes out, but makes for a much faster SHFF dair), and makes marth a beast at the loss of his double SH fairs. It really feels like a solid game with speed added we have all been discussing without nerfing recoveries.

It makes the SH nana spike in the CG so hard to do. It's possible though, but much more of a technical achievement than the easily done version without SH at .8.
Will you be able to post videos of these soon?

Dan_X

Smash Lord
Thanks so much pw, spunit and almas for your hard work!
I second that notion! Thanks guys! Without you guys (and other various coders) Brawl+ would not even exist!!!

Wait a sec... The updated buffer mod is 1line? From 23 to 1!?!? Am I seeing things correctly? Am I going insane?!?

Does this new code work with say 3 frames of buffer?

Buffer Mod [Phantom Wings, spunit262]
0485B784 3800000A

GPDP

Smash Ace
Wow, are you kidding me? A one-line buffer code? Awesome.

Does the new hitlag code apply reduced hitlag to the opponent now?

God, why did I have to leave my Wii at my cousin's? Now I can't test this.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Wow, are you kidding me? A one-line buffer code? Awesome.

Does the new hitlag code apply reduced hitlag to the opponent now?

God, why did I have to leave my Wii at my cousin's? Now I can't test this.
yes it applies to both now

Starscream

Smash Ace
Wow, however they managed that with the buffer mod is crazy.

Is there any way to get 50% hitlag with a breakpoint of 2 with this new code? Because that was my ideal setting before and I'd like to keep it.

And what are some recommended values for the new shieldstun code?

Great stuff guys, a huge thanks to all the hackers.

spunit262

Smash Journeyman
Wow, however they managed that with the buffer mod is crazy.

Is there any way to get 50% hitlag with a breakpoint of 2 with this new code? Because that was my ideal setting before and I'd like to keep it.

And what are some recommended values for the new shieldstun code?

Great stuff guys, a huge thanks to all the hackers.
Hitlag Modifier +break [Phantom Wings, Almas, spunit262]
C2771EAC 00000004
2C04VVVV 41800010

1C84XXXX 3884ZZZZ
39C0YYYY 7C8473D6
2C040000 00000000
C2876220 00000004
2C04VVVV 41800010

1C84XXXX 3884ZZZZ
39C0YYYY 7C8473D6
80660064 00000000

V=break
(H*X+Z)/Y

BEES

Smash Lord
Wow Bees... umm... there's a lot wrong with that mindset.

Make sweeping changes and then modify core mechanics to cater to those sweeping changes?

That's... reckless. And unnecessary.
And changing hitstun, landing lag, fall speed, jump height, edge mechanics, buffer frames, dash speed, etc. are not major modifications to the game?

Someone needs to do some critical reevaluation of what constitutes a 'major' change. Nothing I ever suggested is any more extreme than anything else we've already done.

I've suggested some pretty unorthodox things, because it is my goal for this game to wind up being as much of a departure from Melee as Melee was from 64. A logical progression, if you will, had it been the 3rd game in the series. I don't expect most of my ideas to be taken seriously; I'm just throwing **** at the wall in the hopes that some of it might stick.

matt4300

Smash Ace
sweet! but im going to wait till 1. we see if theres anything wrong with them and 2. we find a good value for the three. its kinda annoying trying stuff out to find out that your way off from what will become the standard.

btw Kupo if its not to much trouble can you add to all the codes the recomended values? it would make things much easyer for me and others that dont have time to go through all the posts in the thread ^_^

Edit: if anyone could post the recomended values for the 3 new codes, im sure we would all appreciate it.

Osi

Smash Ace
Tested a lot tonight on ganon trying to get the Dair to AC on 0 hehe, I think it's pretty impossible.

plasmatorture

Smash Journeyman
Dang.

Anyways, for those wondering, here's what I'm going to start testing with:

Code:
Shield Stun (V8.1) 6 lines [spunit262] 11/22/5  
C28753FC 00000005
83810034 80830138
2C040000 41810014
1F9C000B 3B9C0016
38800005 7F9C23D6
60000000 00000000

Hitlag Modifier 60% [Phantom Wings, Almas, spunit262] 8 lines
C2771EAC 00000003
1C840006 38840000
39C0000A 7C8473D6
2C040000 00000000
C2876220 00000003
1C840006 38840000
39C0000A 7C8473D6
80660064 00000000
(X*6+0)/10

Buffer Mod (1) [Phantom Wings, spunit262]
0485B784 38000001
Those are the values I was happy with with the old codes, so if that gives anyone a starting point...

Alopex

Smash Ace
And changing hitstun, landing lag, fall speed, jump height, edge mechanics, buffer frames, dash speed, etc. are not major modifications to the game?

Someone needs to do some critical reevaluation of what constitutes a 'major' change. Nothing I ever suggested is any more extreme than anything else we've already done.

I've suggested some pretty unorthodox things, because it is my goal for this game to wind up being as much of a departure from Melee as Melee was from 64. A logical progression, if you will, had it been the 3rd game in the series. I don't expect most of my ideas to be taken seriously; I'm just throwing **** at the wall in the hopes that some of it might stick.
When the original works as well as it does, there's no reason to alter it significantly. We're restoring core values.

All of the things you mentioned are major restorations, not major changes. We're working with what we know, because that means we know what we're after, we know how it needs to be implemented, and we know how it should work. We're not creating anything new, so nothing here goes beyond things we already have experience with.

Creating things is something we won't touch because we want Brawl+ to be accepted by the community, we want people to play it, we want a scene. Vast departures and new creations that never even existed before will achieve the exact opposite result.

If you want to create an SSB 4, I'd recommend you get a USB Gecko and take some time to learn to code, because then you can make whatever game you want, but it'll be your game.

We want this to be the community's game. And the community wants competitive Brawl. It's just that simple.

-------------------------------

The buffer acts like pws Im pretty sure but Im afraid near perfect shielding is back though but im not sure
1) When was the NPS gone?

And really, stop worrying about NPS'ing. Mookie and I have both already detailed how it's not really a problem since it's impossible to do purposely and thus can only happen by accident, at which point the one who shielded would be too surprised to actually make use of it.

Have you ever actually encountered a useful NPS in an actual game? I haven't. The PS is easier to time and has more benefits. No one will really bother to NPS, and they'll rarely succeed when they do try.

When I discovered, I just came here to document it. I didn't mean to make it sound like it was a problem, because it's really not. I just wanted everyone to be aware of it so that shieldstun testing results would be accurate for everyone.

I think the fact that you're not even sure if it's "back" or not speaks to how unreliable and hard it is, heh. ;)

2) Does the new buffer code allow instant aerials at 0 buffer? Someone must have tested that out by now, no?
EDIT: Looks like the answer there is no. Ah well.

3) Totally thrilled about the new hitlag. Going to go test that baby out in a bit.

omg guys I checked my buffer code and it was set to 1 wtf although I am positive I haven't been playing with it...T_T
You just don't want to admit the fact that you were playing with 1 buffer the whole time and were enjoying yourself!!
Come on, kupo! Out with it! You loved it and can't live without instant aerials! I'll bet you didn't even get a crouch after a FF even though you were at 1 buffer, and that's why you thought you were at 0! You've seen that 1 is awesome and 0 is unnecessary! You, kupo, have converted. Say it, say it! :flame:

kupo15

Smash Hero
near perfect shielding was gone in the last code and yes, I was playing a little while ago and it happened. And even so, its still a problem. You don't expect half the PSing in regular brawl yet you can still capitalize on it and it defeats the purpose of shield stun in those situations. That type of luck should not occur and if we have a code that removes it, why not use it instead?

You just don't want to admit the fact that you were playing with 1 buffer the whole time and were enjoying yourself!!
Come on, kupo! Out with it! You loved it and can't live without instant aerials! I'll bet you didn't even get a crouch after a FF even though you were at 1 buffer, and that's why you thought you were at 0! You've seen that 1 is awesome and 0 is unnecessary! You, kupo, have converted. Say it, say it!
Haha Idc if its one or 0...w/e is more precise and works. I'm confused as too which one I used now. Does 1 offer instant aerials? And I moved to 0 because I jumped and a nair came out instead...

And Im trying 50% hitlag. I didn't use this before because it looked really odd and it was because it was half complete but I didn't know that at the time.

Alopex

Smash Ace
near perfect shielding was gone in the last code and yes, I was playing a little while ago and it happened. And even so, its still a problem. You don't expect half the PSing in regular brawl yet you can still capitalize on it and it defeats the purpose of shield stun in those situations. That type of luck should not occur and if we have a code that removes it, why not use it instead?
You mean why not use the previous code that caused no NPS, or why not use a new code to remove NPS?

The former, I'm fine with that. So long as that code is fine. I mean, spunit said he had to fix it, so I assume this new one is the fixed one. What's the difference between them?

The latter, not so fine. No need to waste lines on something really as trivial as the NPS. It has less chances of happening than G&W's 9 or Luigi's misfire. Luck is still in the game, and the NPS isn't really all that advantageous that it requires its own code for removal. I'd rather use that space for PW's two PT codes (which I still think need to be shortened/combined because they are awesome and WAY better than just independent Pokemon!!).

Haha Idc if its one or 0...w/e is more precise and works. I'm confused as too which one I used now. Does 1 offer instant aerials? And I moved to 0 because I jumped and a nair came out instead...
Yeah, 1 gives instant aerials, meaning Ganon's Thunderstorm still exists.

When you got the Nair instead of the jump, where you using the old buffer mod or the new buffer mod?

kupo15

Smash Hero
You mean why not use the previous code that caused no NPS, or why not use a new code to remove NPS?

The former, I'm fine with that. So long as that code is fine. I mean, spunit said he had to fix it, so I assume this new one is the fixed one. What's the difference between them?

The latter, not so fine. No need to waste lines on something really as trivial as the NPS. It has less chances of happening than G&W's 9 or Luigi's misfire. Luck is still in the game, and the NPS isn't really all that advantageous that it requires its own code for removal. I'd rather use that space for PW's two PT codes (which I still think need to be shortened/combined because they are awesome and WAY better than just independent Pokemon!!).
The former because the former acts fine and fixes the problem. I am not sure why he made a new code tbh..

Osi

Smash Ace
I actually think 1 buffer is needed now. On snake there are multiple techniques I simply can not perform, or are so narrow to perform it's not reliable in a match anymore. A good example is nade drop and using a SH dair to pick it up on the way off the ground, and then toss it once the dair ends. I am only able to grab the nade about 1 out of every 10 tries in a match, and I can't get the nair to work at all (you often eat the nade yourself on misses). I think 1 would be small enough to make most happy, and still allow techniques only possible with buffering.

Alopex

Smash Ace
^^
Welcome to the fold, brother. We've been waiting for you.

Spread the word.

@kupo

You know, I've seen an instance in Vanilla Brawl where someone in my group was playing Meta Knight and every time he jumped, he automatically Naired. Nothing else was done, he just jumped, and a Nair always came out with it.

It kept doing that until he unplugged and plugged his controller. So I dunno, I wouldn't be so quick to blame the 1 buffer for that one instance of yours.

No one else has ever had a problem, so I'm positive it's not glitched. I hope this remains true with the one-line buffer mod...

Dan_X

Smash Lord
^^
Welcome to the fold, brother. We've been waiting for you.

Spread the word.

@kupo

You know, I've seen an instance in Vanilla Brawl where someone in my group was playing Meta Knight and every time he jumped, he automatically Naired. Nothing else was done, he just jumped, and a Nair always came out with it.

It kept doing that until he unplugged and plugged his controller. So I dunno, I wouldn't be so quick to blame the 1 buffer for that one instance of yours.

No one else has ever had a problem, so I'm positive it's not glitched. I hope this remains true with the one-line buffer mod...
Yeah, I've never experienced a single glitch with a 1 frame window. It's perfect, and it, as you've said, allows for things only possible with a buffer. I'd never go to 0 buffer. I still haven't tested 1 buffer w/ the new code.

Top Bottom