• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COMPETITIVE Brawl+: Code Agenda

abcool

Smash Ace
Hey since u guys are talking about characters specifics. Have anyone notice normal samus needs a buff like her super missiles suck, can someone make umm like how it was in melee? other than that i think she'll be fine. :)

matt4300

Smash Ace
You don't still think toonlink is too good do you? lol
no but i did find out that hes still not as fun as link.

ok so should i give up hope?!? because i really dont think i can... is there noone out there that likes this? i makes all the stages more fun, and team battles much more fun and doesnt have any affect on how chars play!! it just makes the game more fun. theres no way to ask this without sounding selfish... mostly becuase i seem to be the only person for it :(

Alopex

Smash Ace
But, honestly, we need to fix Sheik's Ftilt, I can't stress it enough. It's hard to tech, it's harder to escape BECAUSE of hitstun, because all Sheik has to do is follow your DI above 50% and keep you in it until she can Usmash or until the Ftilt won't keep you close to her anymore. I'm gonna have to show you guys what leaf was able to do to me with it, it's ridiculously hard to escape, if even impossible.
I've mentioned it before, but fixing Sheik's Ftilt should be easy beans.

It's very simple. Increase its knockback. Done.

That'll pretty much make the move like it was in Melee. The higher knockback prevents it from locking, but the speed and trajectory of the move make it good for combos.

Finito.

Can't be that hard to code, either.

Aslo we prob wont need a jablock code because of this.
Doesn't matter what you do about teching, the Bounce Lock needs to be gone.
It's a stupidly ******** "mechanic" and it keeps everyone afraid of Mario Circuit and frozen Flatzone 2. Those stages would be perfectly viable in Brawl+ otherwise.

So, yes, that lock must be removed. Whether it's by removing the bounce, or by allowing you to tech it.

yoshi doesn't really need it. the fact that you can't poke him through his shield balances out that weakness.
his laggy shield is not that much of a problem, all you have to do is to grounddodge (or shieldroll) before attacking/moving, to eliminate the vulnerable frames.
Common misconceptions.

Yoshi has the worst out of shield options in the game.

His roll is one of the slowest and most punishable rolls. His dodge is nothing special (since he doesn't have fast Smashes like ROB and Zelda's Dsmash), and he can't jump out of it.

Oh but on the plus side he can't get shieldstabbed. Great?

Throw him a bone. His Nair is his best out of shield option if he could do it. It's not like this is going to break Yoshi...

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
no it won't, but it's a feature that's been unique to yoshi since smash64. just like link's upB will always be terrible. if you want to balance characters, you make their strengths even better.

BEES

Smash Lord
Seriously can't get the dash code to work though. Someone post a working copy of the dash speed/fastfall/short hop height code with values already in it. I must be putting the wrong value in the dash section or something.
Since replying to this is difficult for some people apparently, let me ask in bold, in big letters for the elementary crowd:
What's wrong with this code?

Short Hop Height/Dash Speed/Fastfall Speed Multiplier (Almas, 12 Lines)
045A930C 3F99999A
045A9304 3F6CCCCD
045A9308 3FA66666
C285765C 00000008
3FC0805A 3BDE7304
2C002F20 4082000C
C3FE2000 EC3F0072
2C002F00 4082000C
C3FE2004 EC3F0072
2C002F5C 4082000C
C3FE2008 EC3F0072
4E800020 00000000

Every time I try to load it, it crashes GeckoOS. It's not the line limit. I could run just this code and nothing else and it won't work.

You either have some sort of glitch to work out here or I wrote a wrong number somewhere.

I can run the short hop height/fast fall speed code with no problems. If someone has an independent dash speed code, it would be much appreciated.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
So, what's being worked on now? Shiek ftilt nerf and air momentum?

What about Snake's ftilt? It's similar to Shiek's in that it can combo until a ridiculously high percentage.

BEES

Smash Lord
It works fine for me. have you checked it for errors? Do you have the latest code?
It is identical to the code posted in the OP, except for the 3 custom values, which are as follows:

Fastfall - 3F99999A - 1.2
Short hop - 3F6CCCCD - 0.925
Dash speed - 3FA66666- 1.3

Kix

Smash Journeyman
How do I freeze every stage without a ridiculous amount of lines?

Almas

Smash Lord
BEES: A simple check, but one worth making: you are using the American version of Brawl, right?

Kix:
4A000000 90000000
1416A904 00000000
E0000000 80008000

Will probably do it, from a quick check.

CyberGlitch

Smash Journeyman
Well, I remember Almas's original version of the code conflicting with Hitstun, or something like that. For testing purposes try running the code you have with the Hitstun modifier turned off.

BEES

Smash Lord
Well, I remember Almas's original version of the code conflicting with Hitstun, or something like that. For testing purposes try running the code you have with the Hitstun modifier turned off.
As I said before, it does not work even when it is the ONLY code I run. Is there an independent dash speed modifier or an updated version of the code somewhere?

If so, post.

Otherwise, it simply does not work. It must be incompatible with either my code manager or my version of GeckoOS.

Almas

Smash Lord
I can't see anything wrong with the code, it's quite vexing. Try changing the floats, I doubt it'd work but it's worth a try.

I don't use a FF mod atm:

Short Hop Height/Dash Speed Multiplier [Almas, 9 Lines]
045A9304 3F666666
045A9308 3FA66666
C285765C 00000006
3FC0805A 3BDE7304
2C002F20 4082000C
C3FE2000 EC3F0072
2C002F00 4082000C
C3FE2004 EC3F0072
4E800020 00000000

Maybe try that code. That said I haven't tried booting the game with that code recently either, because I've only been loading up my Wii to make codes and I don't want my ones interfering with me poking around.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Yeah, Yoshi needs a buff. He is INCREDIBLY garbs right now. Fixing his shield would be a nice improvement, but overall his biggest problem is that he doesn't have very good approach options :-(.

Frogles

Smash Ace
no it won't, but it's a feature that's been unique to yoshi since smash64. just like link's upB will always be terrible. if you want to balance characters, you make their strengths even better.
nah yoshi could shield jump in ssb. he lost it in melee and that was a terrible move on the devs part. i'm not saying increase his priority/damage/speed whatever, just make things a little fair for him and give him his shield jump back. he NEEDS it. if you tried playin with that kind of **** you'd understand.

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
I dont think we should buff anyone till we have had an official code set and have played for a decent amount of time.

Edit: Didnt someone mention that we couldnt chance specific characters moves via damage and knockback without changing everyones?

GameSystem

Smash Journeyman
It would be cool if we could fastfall during specials. Yoshi can get sort of buffed and use his egg throw as an approach if he can play around with that. His eggs have tons of hitstun. (I mostly want it because I hate Falco's short hop laser.)

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
I dont think we should buff anyone till we have had an official code set and have played for a decent amount of time.

Edit: Didnt someone mention that we couldnt chance specific characters moves via damage and knockback without changing everyones?
Not that I know of. Also, it's impossible that that would be the case. Each character has their values stored somewhere. You just have to overwrite that specific character's specific move that you want to edit.

BEES

Smash Lord
I can't see anything wrong with the code, it's quite vexing. Try changing the floats, I doubt it'd work but it's worth a try.

I don't use a FF mod atm:

Short Hop Height/Dash Speed Multiplier [Almas, 9 Lines]
045A9304 3F666666
045A9308 3FA66666
C285765C 00000006
3FC0805A 3BDE7304
2C002F20 4082000C
C3FE2000 EC3F0072
2C002F00 4082000C
C3FE2004 EC3F0072
4E800020 00000000

Maybe try that code. That said I haven't tried booting the game with that code recently either, because I've only been loading up my Wii to make codes and I don't want my ones interfering with me poking around.
That code does not work either. Apparently any code with dash speed involved does not work. This sucks. I really don't know what to do. :(

BEES

Smash Lord
It would be cool if we could fastfall during specials. Yoshi can get sort of buffed and use his egg throw as an approach if he can play around with that. His eggs have tons of hitstun. (I mostly want it because I hate Falco's short hop laser.)
If Falco's laser got any faster, it would be a wall. But it's an interesting idea. I do think the game gives specials a short shrift. However, I'd be interested in seeing a code for jump-canceling everyone's down-special, maybe cutting the lag in half on it.

plasmatorture

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Yoshi needs a buff. He is INCREDIBLY garbs right now. Fixing his shield would be a nice improvement, but overall his biggest problem is that he doesn't have very good approach options :-(.
His eggs have a lot of hitstun and are quite useful, and once he gets in close almost anything you do leads to a nice big combo. I'm not sure he needs any specific buffs, although the ability to shield jump would not negatively affect the game balance at all.

Also, it appears that the more GCN controllers one has plugged in to the Wii the lower the number of lines it can support is. At 255 lines, I can load Brawl+ with 2 GCN controllers in, but cannot with 3. I recall people talking about how their line limit seemed to be different and this is probably why... not sure if anyone else has noticed

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
@plasma- The controller thing sounds very strange. What happens when you connect a controller after the game has done been loaded?

plasmatorture

Smash Journeyman
@plasma- The controller thing sounds very strange. What happens when you connect a controller after the game has done been loaded?
Haven't tested it. It only came up because we happened to have a 3rd person over.

In the past, when I was around 210 lines or so, I have played with 3 people at once and it worked fine.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
If Falco's laser got any faster, it would be a wall. But it's an interesting idea. I do think the game gives specials a short shrift. However, I'd be interested in seeing a code for jump-canceling everyone's down-special, maybe cutting the lag in half on it.
Somehow I don't like the idea of jiggs being able to JC her rest. Or diddy being able to immediately act after throwing a banana. Or marth fairing me while I try to punish his counter.

GameSystem

Smash Journeyman
No no no that isn't what I meant. I don't even know how DJC got brought up. All I meant was that during a special, you press down to fast fall. That's it. All jigs would do would just get to the ground faster. She would still be sleeping.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Yeah, sounds pretty broken to me. The combination of hitstun and a jump-canceled shine would put fox right back up on God Tier. Same for Falco.

-Less lag for Pikachu's Thunder = bad
-Lagless counter for marth and ike = broken
-Lagess transform for sheik/zelda = awesome :p (joke)

Seriously, though, it's a terrible idea.

Edit: I think fastfalled specials would probably help Falco too much. I don't know if he's still third on the tier list in Brawl+, but he's pretty **** good.

Almas

Smash Lord
Perhaps it is something about the value 1.3 for dash speed. Ionno. I'm just trying random ideas, because I truly have no idea what would cause your errors.

kupo15

Smash Hero
TOUCHDOWN EAGLES TO TAKE THE LEAD COMING BACK 24-6 WITH 10 MINUETS IN THE GAME!!!!!!

woot anyway. Spunit hasn't given me a clear yes or no about the teching so lets hope he will help.

Yesterday I played all day with my friends and used the 3 frame ps window and guess what? No one PSed when they didn't want to. Pretty amazing! Psing is still easy to do and its unbelievable how you don't Ps when you don't attempt it....makes a ton of sense to me

spunit262

Smash Journeyman
Now that you mention it, i understand why Kupo or Falco complain about techin, I play with the default Brawl buffer since I don't have any issues with it, I don't have crouches after fast fall.
With VB Buffer tech is definately very easy.
I haven't started on it yet, but I'm pretty sure that the first window is the buffer window.

As for the voice pitch, it's already on my todo list, but really low priority.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I haven't started on it yet, but I'm pretty sure that the first window is the buffer window.

As for the voice pitch, it's already on my todo list, but really low priority.
lets hope its a different buffer window so we can keep our precise controls

And btw a temp fix to the FF on the c stick. If you hold down on the joystick then the cstick FF will not occur. So just hold down after you jump

BEES

Smash Lord
Perhaps it is something about the value 1.3 for dash speed. Ionno. I'm just trying random ideas, because I truly have no idea what would cause your errors.
I tried 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2, didn't work. Just in case it was an additive value I tried 0.2 as well.

I think the dash speed hack is incompatible with the software. Perhaps a newer code manager would get it right?

Almas

Smash Lord
The code works fine for other people, so it's not the code itself. And the dash speed works no differently to the other two modifiers.

Wavedash Master

Smash Journeyman
In the powershield modifier, would I just replace the 8 in the yellow with another number to change the amount of powershield frames or do I change everything in the yellow? It doesn't seem clear how to change that.

WeirdoZ Inc.

Smash Apprentice
Fast-Fall/Short-Hop/Dash Speed Multiplier [Almas]
* 045A930C 3F8CCCCD
* 045A9304 3F666666
* 045A9308 3F99999A
* C285765C 00000008
* 3FC0805A 3BDE7304
* 2C002F20 4082000C
* C3FE2000 EC3F0072
* 2C002F00 4082000C
* C3FE2004 EC3F0072
* 2C002F5C 4082000C
* C3FE2008 EC3F0072
* 4E800020 00000000
1.1 Fastfall
0.9 Shorthop
1.2 Dash

Here's the code I'm using. If that still doesn't work for you, it's a problem on your end.

One other thing. May I ask how many lines you have when you try to run the game?

kupo15

Smash Hero
In the powershield modifier, would I just replace the 8 in the yellow with another number to change the amount of powershield frames or do I change everything in the yellow? It doesn't seem clear how to change that.
Yes. The number you put in yellow will be the number of frames the PS is. The default is 8 which is why its 0008. If you want 3 it would be 0003. Maybe I should just highlight the 8 because I doubt anyone would go above 8

Top Bottom