• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COMPETITIVE Brawl+: Code Agenda

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Yes, but leaf, while what you said is true, the real-life application for crouching before receiving an attack is not to increase inertia in order to prevent launching, but rather to brace for impact. Humans usually stand upon two legs, which is an unwieldy and unbalanced position from which it is simple to lose your balance. CCing, or rather, bracing yourself by positioning yourself closer to the ground, allows you to resist an outside force by bracing yourself against an impact, along with balancing yourself far more steadily upon not two legs, but four. Not only that, crouching allows you to lower your center of gravity closer to the ground, meaning that it is harder to tip you over. While inertia is indeed lowered by bringing in your appendages, the fact is that crouching doesn't actually do this (look at snake, for example), and the main purpose of crouching is to lower your center of gravity to be more balanced. A lower center of gravity means a smaller force of gravity vector, meaning that a much greater angle of tilt is necessary in order to cause you to become unbalanced.

CROSS COUNTER!

I'm sorry it had to be done.

The point though ark, is that in Smash, the engine of CC hinders certain characters way more than it helps and you know. Reworking alot of Brawl+ as we would have to backtrack and retweak.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Yes, but leaf, while what you said is true, the real-life application for crouching before receiving an attack is not to increase inertia in order to prevent launching, but rather to brace for impact. Humans usually stand upon two legs, which is an unwieldy and unbalanced position from which it is simple to lose your balance. CCing, or rather, bracing yourself by positioning yourself closer to the ground, allows you to resist an outside force by bracing yourself against an impact, along with balancing yourself far more steadily upon not two legs, but four. Not only that, crouching allows you to lower your center of gravity closer to the ground, meaning that it is harder to tip you over. While inertia is indeed lowered by bringing in your appendages, the fact is that crouching doesn't actually do this (look at snake, for example), and the main purpose of crouching is to lower your center of gravity to be more balanced. A lower center of gravity means a smaller force of gravity vector, meaning that a much greater angle of tilt is necessary in order to cause you to become unbalanced.
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

Arkaether

Smash Ace
Nah, GHNeko, I utterly hate CC and I am a very strong advocate against.
But I just had to reply. Arguing physics? Can't touch this ****.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
Who cares about inertia and four-leggedness?

All you need to know is it would destroy certain matchups and call for a total rebalencing of the game. It would be OK if it was a Bowser-only special ability or something.

D

Deleted member

thank god this thread is not really moderated in any way, or wer would've seen some bans already.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
CCing, or rather, bracing yourself by positioning yourself closer to the ground, allows you to resist an outside force by bracing yourself against an impact, along with balancing yourself far more steadily upon not two legs, but four.
When you said crouch canceling, i thought of how it would pertain to Kirby. When you said ^^, i was like :confused:
Then i realized that not everybody can deflate themselves.

And i sont want to see melee roy cry either.

Magus420

Smash Master
Actually, part of CCing is in Brawl. It still has you take 1/2 hitlag if you're hit while in a full crouching state. However, the 2 most important differences are that the crouching state no longer reduces launch speed (the part that makes it work at higher damages), and ASDI down on upwards trajectories no longer cancels stun with the landing animation (the actual cancel part).

Personally, I wouldn't mind it being turned into something at least somewhat useful since intentionally taking a hit to get halved hitlag on an already extremely reduced amount of hitlag does pretty much nothing now and is basically useless in B+ with no strategic value. Not sure what that something could be though.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Actually, part of CCing is in Brawl. It still has you take 1/2 hitlag if you're hit while in a full crouching state. However, the 2 most important differences are that the crouching state no longer reduces launch speed (the part that makes it work at higher damages), and ASDI down on upwards trajectories no longer cancels stun with the landing animation (the actual cancel part).

Personally, I wouldn't mind it being turned into something at least somewhat useful since intentionally taking a hit to get halved hitlag on an already extremely reduced amount of hitlag does pretty much nothing now and is basically useless in B+ with no strategic value. Not sure what that something could be though.
What the heck are you gonna do with 1/2 the hitstun? SDI less?

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....
Nah, GHNeko, I utterly hate CC and I am a very strong advocate against.
But I just had to reply. Arguing physics? Can't touch this ****.
That aint falco! oh, oh, oohhhhhh.

Minus 0.5% of the attack?
This wouldnt bother me and it wouldn't really effect the balance of the game. Although, i dont see it as very game breaking either. But eh, whatever. If people want CC'ing so bad then maybe we can find a middle ground. But old CC'ing should remain in the grave.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
If you make it so it lowers the hitstun to near-zero, it will just give advantages to people with fast aerials.
ie not heavies. :V

This wouldnt bother me and it wouldn't really effect the balance of the game. Although, i dont see it as very game breaking either. But eh, whatever. If people want CC'ing so bad then maybe we can find a middle ground. But old CC'ing should remain in the grave.
1% over 5 CCs is 5% and 5% makes alot of difference. :V

Magus420

Smash Master
What the heck are you gonna do with 1/2 the hitstun? SDI less?
You begin moving before the opponent does. It shifts the advantage on you from being hit towards your favor by the number of hitlag frames removed and can mess up certain setups off that attack. Very situational before in vBrawl, but now with the added hitstun and way less hitlag it shaving off maybe 2-3 frames from your opponent's advantage on their attack really is compeletely useless which is my point.

It's an untapped and currently useless mechanic that imo could be turned into something decent and interesting to add a bit of depth without completely changing the game like Melee style CCing would. Maybe something like reduce the hitlag (hitlag not hitstun) to almost nothing so you'd get a couple more frames out of it to be comparable to the vBrawl version in that regard, and if/when character specific hitstun becomes possible raise their division constant on that hit so they are stunned for a reduced amount of time but are launched the same distance. Maybe also reduce damage from the hit?

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
You begin moving before the opponent does. It shifts the advantage on you from being hit towards your favor by the number of hitlag frames removed and can mess up certain setups off that attack. Very situational before in vBrawl, but now with the added hitstun and way less hitlag it shaving off maybe 2-3 frames from your opponent's advantage on their attack really is compeletely useless which is my point.

It's an untapped and currently useless mechanic that imo could be turned into something decent and interesting to add a bit of depth without completely changing the game like Melee style CCing would. Maybe something like reduce the hitlag (hitlag not hitstun) to almost nothing so you'd get a couple more frames out of it to be comparable to the vBrawl version in that regard, and if/when character specific hitstun becomes possible raise their division constant on that hit so they are stunned for a reduced amount of time but are launched the same distance. Maybe also reduce damage from the hit?
I think it would be more practical to change the hitstun multiplier constant if you wanted to reduce hitstun universally during a crouch, although I'm still very hesitant about including any form of CCing.

Magus420

Smash Master
I think it would be more practical to change the hitstun multiplier constant if you wanted to reduce hitstun universally during a crouch, although I'm still very hesitant about including any form of CCing.
Wow, I'm dumb. Yeah, that would be a much better way of doing it. I was thinking about how it wouldn't work on weak hits if you tried to use the DC, and somehow forgot about just using the multiplier which would work on both.

Belgaux

Smash Rookie
I know this may sound noobish, but please, someone tell me how to apply these codes to the Brawl+. Everytime I boot up homebrew it says: "no codes found" : /

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
I know this may sound noobish, but please, someone tell me how to apply these codes to the Brawl+. Everytime I boot up homebrew it says: "no codes found" : /
Eh don't feel like a noob, I was tring to figure it out to and by some miracle it accepted and I got to rejoice. I really don't know how to help other than directing you to homebrew wiki.

This site got be though the hard times.
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Channel

Belgaux

Smash Rookie
Im sorry but that didnt help me much. Im not that clever finding out things like this. Aren't there any step by step guides on how to get code in Brawl+ to work ? :(

Revven

FrankerZ
Im sorry but that didnt help me much. Im not that clever finding out things like this. Aren't there any step by step guides on how to get code in Brawl+ to work ? :(
Name the gct, RSBE01.gct if you haven't already. Put it in a folder called codes in your SD Card and then it should work.

Wingflier

Smash Apprentice
Belgaux I sent you a private message with a link to a complete guide to installing Brawl+ on your Wii.

This should explain everything pretty clearly.

Wing

BearJaw

Smash Cadet
When I try to load the new codeset, it says in Gecko that there are too many lines of code. How do I get around this. I'm trying to load the complete package with textures and all.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
When I try to load the new codeset, it says in Gecko that there are too many lines of code. How do I get around this. I'm trying to load the complete package with textures and all.
download gameconfig.txt from the B+ site and put it in the root directory of your SD card.

Also update to the Gecko 1.9 series if you have not yet.

Wingflier

Smash Apprentice
Bearjaw I sent you a private message with a link to a complete guide to installing Brawl+ on your Wii.

This should explain everything pretty clearly.

Wing

Wingflier

Smash Apprentice
I wanted to tell you guys something that I noticed today while playing with some fellow B+ players.

Ice Climbers can still chain grab. Infinitely as far as I'm concerned. The worst part is that once you are a high enough percentage one can just up-smash you while you're being held by the other and you'll die.

I tried DI-ing and everything else that I could think of to get out of this.

This really needs to be fixed.

Wing

D

Deleted member

>_>

the infinite fix is not yet included, we are BR testing it now, and it works.
the normal chaingrabs can stay, but infinites are gone.

and wing, dunno where you actually read that there was a WORKING fix included, but this is the first one.

Wingflier

Smash Apprentice
It clearly states in the original changelogs that infinite chaingrabbing in Brawl+ has been removed.

I didn't see an exception clause for Ice Climbers.

Anyways, I'm glad you guys are fixing it.

Wing

edit: I noticed something else last night. Jigglypuff's Sleep.

It works very weird. It has been like this since vBrawl. Sometimes it puts people to sleep as soon as they walk into the range, sometimes it can take like up to two seconds before it works.

I don't know if this can be fixed, but it probably should.

comboking

Smash Master
How do you make the Debug Pause code work I went through Ocarina Cheat Code Manager and the only code there is button modifier but no Debug code. PLZ help

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
It clearly states in the original changelogs that infinite chaingrabbing in Brawl+ has been removed.

I didn't see an exception clause for Ice Climbers.

Anyways, I'm glad you guys are fixing it.

Wing

edit: I noticed something else last night. Jigglypuff's Sleep.

It works very weird. It has been like this since vBrawl. Sometimes it puts people to sleep as soon as they walk into the range, sometimes it can take like up to two seconds before it works.

I don't know if this can be fixed, but it probably should.
If her sing is like melee, then it should have three hitboxes that appear at certain points in the attack. If you miss a hitbox, you have to wait for the next one for them to fall asleep.

Comboking: I don't get what your problem is? Just put both of the debug codes on in the code manager... The debug code doesn't actually open a debug menu, if that's what you were thinking. It would be more accurately defined as a "frame advance" code, since what it really does is let you play the game frame by frame.

Top Bottom