• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COMPETITIVE Brawl+: Code Agenda

shanus

Smash Hero
Has there been any news on the code designed to slow down air dodging? I was still hoping that that would be made.
If you are talking abut my idea of adding lag frames to the start of an air dodge during tumble, I think I know of a way to make it. I cant test it now, but starting later tomorrow night, I'll test it out.

Wingflier

Smash Apprentice
I've been playing Charizard a lot the past week and overall you guys have done a really good job on him.

However I've noticed something pretty disturbing concerning his massive size and slow playstyle: His down-air has incredibly low priority.

While I realize it comes out fast (a lot faster than it used too), and has decent range, this can be said about the majority of characters' d-air.

Charizard being such a big character needs as many good aerial approaches as he can get. He is very crippled by having a d-air that can be so easily gimped and plowed through.

Please give it a little more priority.

Oh and please don't bring up this "quid pro quo" argument you've been using. Charizard is far from high tier. I wouldn't consider him "good" like Marth, MK, Ness, or any of the other characters that you would have to make a trade-off for. Buffing his d-air is crucial to his game, not a luxury request.

Wing

Revven

FrankerZ
Well, the thing is... we can't directly give things priority. Priority is determined by hitbox size, damage, and range (and I think even more than that). I don't think increasing its hitbox will do much at all, it is already pretty big. I don't think it's the priority on it, I think it's the fact that he extends some of his hurtbox at the opponent. Space it a bit better and don't use it as much as you would if say you were Falcon or DK. His Dair IS good, but, don't forget his many other options besides Dair.

I don't think he needs anything done to Dair. But, if it does become a problem in the future for him, we'll do something I'm sure.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Well, the thing is... we can't directly give things priority. Priority is determined by hitbox size, damage, and range (and I think even more than that). I don't think increasing its hitbox will do much at all, it is already pretty big. I don't think it's the priority on it, I think it's the fact that he extends some of his hurtbox at the opponent. Space it a bit better and don't use it as much as you would if say you were Falcon or DK. His Dair IS good, but, don't forget his many other options besides Dair.

I don't think he needs anything done to Dair. But, if it does become a problem in the future for him, we'll do something I'm sure.
Disjointedness of an aerial = priority, essentially. Ground interactions are governed by the damage the moves do and hitbox/hurtbox interactions. Aerials are governed solely by hitbox/hurtbox interactions. I wrote a big post about what constitutes "priority" in smash a little while ago. I should go find it.

edit: Ah, there it is. Everything you ever wanted to know about priority and then some.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7502501&postcount=420

Wingflier

Smash Apprentice
5) Transcendent priority; certain moves, such as marth's sideB (or almost everything MK has) will not clash even if they normally meet the requirements for clashing with a foe...
WTF? Why would Sakurai give MK like "God" privileges? I mean I knew his moveset good and his priority was high, but I had no idea it was high because it had its own transcendent priority.

Do you know why they would have done this? Were they trying to make him broken?

Wing

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
WTF? Why would Sakurai give MK like "God" privileges? I mean I knew his moveset good and his priority was high, but I had no idea it was high because it had its own transcendent priority.

Do you know why they would have done this? Were they trying to make him broken?

Wing
Well, his attacks are already very disjointed and very fast, so he naturally would beat out or at worst clash with most attacks, even without this property. This is just the finishing touch that lets him actually beat anything that he successfully outspaces, rather than simply clash with. And how would I know why they did it? It's sakurai.

cman

Smash Ace
IIRC the down version of the third slash of marth's dancing blade does not have transcendent priority, lol. So maybe it was just random or a mistake.

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
I also discovered a problem with samus while just going thought the character select screen. She is 2 hundred time more flexible and beastly than she once was, which makes me content. The one flaw that irritated me was her down b move. (bomb drop) When it comes out it has no hitbox on it. In melee it exploded the second it hit a shield or an attack. I was thinking it should be the same, cause it works on small occasion in close combat. I just think it should be alter, unless it is and I am overdue for an update.

Wingflier

Smash Apprentice
They are working on Samus' down-b. And it's not their fault it doesn't explode on impact, that was there in vBrawl.

It has been mentioned 500 times already (lurk moar).

Wing

oathkeeper005

Smash Cadet
NNID
Oath_X
I seem to be a bit confused on something, On the Default Settings Modifier. for the Damage ratio "ZZ" What would I put if I wanted just the regular 1.0 Damage ratio?

weinzey

Smash Apprentice
lol, 1 in hex is 1 ;)
but if u want damage ratio of 1.0, the right digits are "0A"(=10 in decimal).

hex is in essence, a different way of counting. in decimal u have 9 digits, in hex 15. it goes like this: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E,F. if u have more than F u start over, just like in decimal. F+1=10

EDIT: pseudo ninja'ed

oathkeeper005

Smash Cadet
NNID
Oath_X
lol, 1 in hex is 1 ;)
but if u want damage ratio of 1.0, the right digits are "0A"(=10 in decimal).

hex is in essence, a different way of counting. in decimal u have 9 digits, in hex 15. it goes like this: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E,F. if u have more than F u start over, just like in decimal. F+1=10

EDIT: pseudo ninja'ed
Edit, Nevermind, I got it, Im a noob @ this.

hissi3

Smash Rookie
I can't find a usa codelist with all the codes and i dont wanna copy/paste all the codes can someone give me the link or something sorry im new here.

[EDIT] Nevermind i found it.

V-K

Smash Ace
Is it possible to reduce knockback of throws?
That would make Captain Falcon be able to chainthrow the hell out of everyone.

And other chars like Marth too.

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
I wonder how different it is by uploading a video showing a comparison between normal version of Brawl physics and the Brawl + version.

Starscream

Smash Ace
Is it possible to reduce knockback of throws?
That would make Captain Falcon be able to chainthrow the hell out of everyone.

And other chars like Marth too.
I too hope a throw modifier comes around eventually. Boo to chain grabs (if they're inescapable) but I miss tech chasing with Falcon's U-throw.

Kuga

Smash Journeyman
DIable Chaingrabs are legit and imo, they're fun as hell. :V

There is nothing wrong with DIable chaingrabs.
Agreed.

I dont like the vBrawl CG just because how Gay they are.I mean,you cant DI Like Falco Dthrow,Pika Dthrow. >_>,you just drop the controller and wait until you got the escapable percent.
DIable CGs is fine for me.(But if you can mod then,fine:))

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
This isn't explicitly Brawl+ related, but I figure some of you might take interest:

Game Arts is bringing the Melee Air Dodge back in some form to TMNT Smash Up. Surprising since they were the core SSB Brawl team, and the ones who changed it from how HAL had it.

Anyways, you're welcome to join in on the discussion in the TMNT Smash Up subboard Light House thread.

WheelOfFish

Smash Journeyman
Probably been brought up before, but I think some tournament-legal custom stages would be awesome. It'd be at the bottom of the list of things to do, but it might be a worthwhile project... though I'm not sure how they would be tested to be proven fair.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Probably been brought up before, but I think some tournament-legal custom stages would be awesome. It'd be at the bottom of the list of things to do, but it might be a worthwhile project... though I'm not sure how they would be tested to be proven fair.

Community Stage Pack says hi. :V

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
My Internet is finally back up, so I just wanted to share what Paprika shared with me. This really is a landmark step forward, and should put aside pointless squabbles. I personally thank him for taking the high ground.

Code:
[COLOR="Yellow"]Throw Modification Engine[/COLOR] [I](Paprika Killer)[/I]
EDIT: -snip-

[COLOR="Yellow"]Throw Modification Data[/COLOR] [I](Paprika Killer)[/I]
06585010 [COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]DEADBEEF[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Wheat"]II[/COLOR][COLOR="Lime"]DD[/COLOR][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]BB[/COLOR][COLOR="Magenta"]GG[/COLOR] 00000[COLOR="SandyBrown"]AAA[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Lime"]DD[/COLOR][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]BB[/COLOR][COLOR="Magenta"]GG[/COLOR]00 00000[COLOR="SandyBrown"]AAA[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Wheat"]II [/COLOR]= Character ID
[COLOR="Lime"]DD[/COLOR] = Damage
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]GG[/COLOR] = Knockback Growth
[COLOR="Magenta"]BB[/COLOR] = Base Knockback
[COLOR="SandyBrown"]AAA[/COLOR] = Angle

Replace DEADBEEF with data length.  First line is original data, second line is replacement.
As soon as I can understand the breakpoints I need to set, I'll post a list of all the throw data--however, all the hard work was done by Paprika; I'm just the messenger.

Edit: I STUPIDLY reversed base and growth values in this post. Waited TWELVE HOURS for my Internet to come back so I could fix it...

Edit2: Good, looks like Paprika beat me to it. Sorry for the confusion; I'm going to kill Comcast...

D

Deleted member

I DID NOT SHARE ANY THING WITH YOU.

BE HONEST
how the HELL did you get that code.

Remove that post at once or I'll get pissed

jokey665

Smash Ace
I DID NOT SHARE ANY THING WITH YOU.

BE HONEST
how the HELL did you get that code.

Remove that post at once or I'll get pissed
This is the type of crap we don't need. If there's a code, just freaking post it. Same with the .txt file BS I saw people talking about for the nightly.

Good **** Thinkaman.

D

Deleted member

and who the f*** might you be? it's sure as hell is my call to decide when MY code gets posted, not some random guy.

Top Bottom