• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Complete Guide to playing Smash Bros. 64 Online

dEZLU

Smash Rookie
I've fixed some of the problems with the graphics, but I still get pretty bad lag. I guess its because I have a pretty old computer. Could anyone suggest any softwares/programs to download that would reduce my lag?

Thanks in advance.

-dEZLU

Vidda

Smash Rookie
Anyone have advice on an audio plugin? The default one (Azimer's or something like that) is laggy/glitchy and is quite annoying.

Thino

Smash Master
dEZLU said:
I've fixed some of the problems with the graphics, but I still get pretty bad lag. I guess its because I have a pretty old computer. Could anyone suggest any softwares/programs to download that would reduce my lag?

Thanks in advance.

-dEZLU
if its still lagging then im sorry seems like an hardware problem :(
u might have to change at least ur video card , gimme ur specs btw
Vidda said:
Anyone have advice on an audio plugin? The default one (Azimer's or something like that) is laggy/glitchy and is quite annoying.
u could overwrite azimers plugin with jabo's one

Liveit_

Smash Apprentice
is the site down at the moment? Because when i click the link at the start of this thread, i get the "page cannot be found" error.

SS.

Smash Rookie
this is hot

but ther is like..no smash games at all being played

rokimomi

Smash Lord
It shouldent take that much to run PJ64, but on the other hand, make sure you are playing on a server that's located relitively close to your location, or else its not the compy thats lagging, Its you.

Myztek

Smash Ace
I added to the guide The -X- Team server's IP. 82.165.250.222:27888

Maybe we can get all the Smashers to start going there.

EDIT:
It seems a lot of people are in Anti3D. My ping is lower in Team X though.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Thanks for the guide Myztek. I followed it and got my smash bros to work on pj64k. The only problem now is that I don't know how to create a private room for some of my friends to play. XD. I joined the X-Team server but got no clue how to create a room. Can you explain how that works please? :p Thanks in advance.

- Rikana.

Myztek

Smash Ace
Click Create new game and it should show the letter S, hover over it with your mouse and it should show Smash Brothers 64. Then choose that. If it doesn't show up, then you didn't set your rom directory correctly.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Thank you both mastahwolf, and Myztek for answering. It seems to work now, but the only problem that I have now is that, my controller doesn't seem to work when I connect to someone. Either I host or I join, I can't move for some odd aparent reason, but the person I connected to or joined moves just fine. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks for helping.

- Rikana

Rikana

Smash Champion
What I meant is that, I'm using my keyboard and mouse in combination as the 'controller'. I've set the thing at 'Keyboard' though, am I still suppose to change it to 'GamePad'? I'm using the "Jabo_Direct3D7.dll" so that it allows mouse compability. Is there any specific thing I'm suppose to turn off or on when I connect? Thanks for answering though.

- Rikana

geohot

Smash Rookie
The guide is down again. Does anyone have a copy? Also I can mirror it on a server that doesn't go down.

tigerbombz

Smash Journeyman
uhh..my question is how do i get started. I play with friends and all but there not up to par with me and i cant talk smack cuz i know ppl out there are probably better. So thats y i wanan set up an online thingy...can u help me out.

and how is online play? fast slow...cool or wak?

Thino

Smash Master
first u have to download pj64k config controller keys depending of if u have a controller or keyboard then download smash bros then add it in pj64k's directory....
and then start netplay :)
there u can select a server according to ur ping : the lowest it is, the fastest and smoothest will be ur game , inside a server u can join waiting games if theres already ppl playin or create new game then select smash bros and wait for ppl.
the best smash server : Sonic Cage Dome has been restricted again so smashers are wandering around servers , find them

Myztek

Smash Ace
I don't know why it goes down randomly like that; Must be a problem with sitesled's servers. Hopefully it'll be back up soon.

geohot said:
The guide is down again. Does anyone have a copy? Also I can mirror it on a server that doesn't go down.
That would be appreciated or if you could suggest a better host.

tigerbombz

Smash Journeyman
hey..i was wonderin! wen i play..the shield and fox shines and all the good stuff looking kinda wack! Its more like a thin blue line...is there anyway to fix this...or thats wat we have to live with?

Thino

Smash Master
yea thats jabos d3d6 , u have to replace it with a jabos d3d8 to have shields and shines (and fireballs) lookin right. what i like in d3d6 is samus fully charged shot : its one pixel wide lol

Thino

Smash Master
ok first dl the most recent version of pj64 : 1.6 (pj64 not pj64k) , there should be a jabos d3d8 in the plugin folder then you delete jabos d3d6 in pj64k's plugin folder , paste d3d8 in that folder and rename it d3d6

Top Bottom