• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Coney's 5-5-5

M

MysteryTigerTeen

I played 3 of my 4 matches on his recording tv and i didn't feel any lag O.o'''

also thanks for uploading them zant, it means alot ^_^

ps. i subscribed :awesome:

Toneh

Smash Lord
IS THAT A SPLIT.

Chibo, Chibosempai, AlphaZealot, BBR-C, unity ruleset, ROB, Yellow card, AlphaZealot,AlphaZealot, AlphaZealot, AlphaZealot, AlphaZealot, AlphaZealot, AlphaZealot, AlphaZealot, AlphaZealot, AlphaZealot, AlphaZealot, AlphaZealot, AlphaZealot, AlphaZealot, AlphaZealot, AlphaZealot, AlphaZealot, AlphaZealot, AlphaZealot, AlphaZealot, AlphaZealot, AlphaZealot, AlphaZealot, AlphaZealot, AlphaZealot, AlphaZealot, AlphaZealot, AlphaZealot, AlphaZealot, AlphaZealot, AlphaZealot, AlphaZealot, AlphaZealot, AlphaZealot, AlphaZealot, AlphaZealot, AlphaZealot, AlphaZealot, AlphaZealot, AlphaZealot, AlphaZealot, AlphaZealot, AlphaZealot, AlphaZealot, AlphaZealot.

Authorities will arrive shortly through namesearch
lol!

What were the exact rules for random singles and stages? Seein what other regions do.

M

MysteryTigerTeen

Also Zant, sorry to nit pick... but uh could you change the matches with me as only marth as marth. I dislike being known as only a mk ^^'. I main marth and mk.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
i wasn't so much paranoid about the tvs as much as i was anxious to get my matches over with

i feel that as someone who has paid money to enter a tournament what i'm most comfortable doing should be top priority above all else

if every match doesn't get recorded everytime, that shouldn't be an issue. it's not as if i'm holding any metagame back by doing so, there are plenty of neo vids/other marth vids online for less experienced players to learn from

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Good stuff Omni, I knew you were gonna do well based on how good you were playing the night before. You better be at COT5!

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I just... disbelieve anyone thinks my recording setups cause lag
I didn't say anything about your set-up. I said I felt lag on that TV. I've been playing Melee since '04, and I can tell the difference between certain TV's having even the slightest of delay. I don't make anything up.

Good stuff Omni, I knew you were gonna do well based on how good you were playing the night before. You better be at COT5!
Thanks. I don't think I can handle the expenses, tho'. Gas, food, entry fee, etc. Not having a job and my checking account sky rocketing downwards due to oversized bills puts me in a rough position.

But I want go -badly-. Still mad about not having the ride for KTAR.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
GGs to everyone I played.

Special shoutouts to Twisted Steel for putting in the work to learn SDI
to Bonk for helping players improve
to Sheth and Duce who, for newcomers, were very upfront with asking for friendlies
to Kaffei, teaching Kage and Pink Fresh how to really play MK
to Joe for placing top 3, he's better than people think (and I don't know the Wolf MU for ****, apparently I can hit your side+B? FML)
to Tant for teaming with me, thank you

and to Omni/Neo for showing MD/VA who's boss. I'll knock you out next time Neo.

Oh, and shoutouts to Poyo. Dude didn't want to MM people early on 'cause "I owe my brother money so I don't want to MM people I don't think I can beat" and then immediately asking me for a MM. I like that confidence. And I also like testing out my Falco and making it tourney viable one day. So come at me again whenever, broski.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Youtube.com/AngelicSaber

Will start uploading after I get the 2 friendly matches I have. All the other sets were basically my tourney sets and me and tant's MM. People need to save more replays so you can get your gameplay out there and review your own matches.

TwistedSteel

Smash Rookie
Zant- I know I've probably said this a billion times already but thanks for the ride lol. It was nice meeting you and the friendlies were ggs. :D
Tant- Thanks for recommending me to go to this I probably wouldn't have even known about the tourney if you didn't tell me. Too bad we didn't get to meet at the tourney though.
Bert- Haha ggs. It was fun having friendlies with you. Just work on that stuff I told you and I'll work on getting better too. Adapting correctly to win makes people much better players cause if people are adapting->they're choosing better moves for the situation-> more likely to win.
Kaffei4Lunch- Really fun friendlies :o. Thanks for teaching me how to wavedash lol. I hope to see you at another tourney.
NOID- Haha it was awesome playing you again so thanks for the friendlies and teaching me how to SDI better. I bet it'll come in handy sometime.
BONK- Thanks for the friendlies and helping me SDI better for all that time. If a falco dairs me I got dis :bee:...well hopefully
Bionic- Thanks for the friendlies and giving the idea on how to get to the tourney by metro. If you didn't give me the idea I probably wouldn't have gotten there.
Logic- Thanks for the tips. Fun friendlies. You know you were right when you said I was tense when we were playing. Reading me irl?!
Lol.- Ggs in tourney and fun friendlies.
Tiger- Ggs in tourney.
Luckay4Lyphe- Thanks for the friendlies. I don't think I did any better offline than aib ladder matches lol.
Bloodynite- I saw your ganon at the tourney it was really good. I honestly thought you were verm at first haha.
Coney- Thanks for hosting the tourney!
TwistedSteel-GET BETTER AT THIS GAME MAN D:

Sorry if I missed anybody just tell me if I did.

Teh Future

Smash Master
logic just remember that however terrible this game is, every match you've ever played in tournament has been worse for your opponent because your olimar.

<3

SuperSayianRenan

Smash Journeyman
logic just remember that however terrible this game is, every match you've ever played in tournament has been worse for your opponent because your olimar.

<3
So annoyingly true lmao top 5 most annoying characters for peach now!

1. Mk 2. Snake 3. Neo's Marth 4. Ps's olimar and 5. Is between DDD or wolf but I think DDD wins by a lot lol. Damn you Coney and Atomisk!!!! (name search!!!)

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
HOLY **** Kaffei puttin in work now?

I mean gahdamn...lol

anyway shoutouts to the people that came early enough to hang out a lil bit on friday night.

"how are you THAT accurate with arrows? O_O" - boss....lmao

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
Bit late, some shouts (wasn't there for long, so I didn't to talk/play a lot of you)
-Seagull: I'm sad I didn't get to play your wolf at all, since that's not the most common thing to play, and I've no experience with a dedicated wolf from my time in WNY. Next time!
-Logic: Olimar's so freaking good, I want to play you and at the same time I really really don't. I'm still recovering from the beating Fino gave me at pound, so my eagerness to learn how to deal with olimar is almost outshone by my sincere shock for how freaking stupid he can be. Still, I'll try to spend more time at the next event and maybe work in a friendly or two, whatever.
-Pink: Omg Lucas. I salute you for playing the character that I wanted to main but was forced to give up on. I will play that next time, earthbound characters are crazy fun.
-Lol: My bud duce was a little rattled by getting messed up by a jiggs, but I think he had a good time for it overall. Don't troll too hard with the pink balls.
-Vik: I knew I shouldn't have tried to DK your wario. It was such a bad idea. But I didn't want to be a **** and change after I saw you select. Holy balls that matchup is hard. But next time, let's have another weegee vs wario, where I don't fail hard under the lylat ship, cuz it was fun while I was still onstage.
-SSR: I love this peach character since I met a whole bunch of mains at pound.
-Tiger: I heard good stuff about your marth from Duce, so I want a shot at it next time, even if he stomps out several of my favorite mains.
-Luckay: I've never fought a decicated competitive pit main, so I'm interested. low$ MM next time?
-Bonk: OMG why isn't pictochat legal. Still cool, and we had good games. I was surprised in how well my TL was putting up, but I can't handle the strength of the ICs that well.
-Twisted Steel: Link mains are ****ing awesome. We're playing next time. Srsly.
-Bloody: holy balls your ganon was 10 times the fierce it was at pound, my DK was getting handled, though I was a bit tired. (JOHNS)
-Menace: Pika's so cool, and I'm glad we had the chance to get some friendlies. Duce learned a lot from playing someone at a slightly more accessible level to a new smasher, too. Though he didn't get to fight any MK that day... how'd that work out?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
HOLY **** Kaffei puttin in work now?

I mean gahdamn...lol

anyway shoutouts to the people that came early enough to hang out a lil bit on friday night.

"how are you THAT accurate with arrows? O_O" - boss....lmao
dis post made my day :)

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Kaffei I'm coming for that knight

More mms! You make me better at the ditto even during the fight.
I'm not going to play MK anymore (except vs Peach, Ganon & DDD).
I don't feel good winning with MK anymore because EVERYONE is MK and I think that is stupid. I told myself if I wanna see that change then I should pick a different character.
Copying M2K for the past 2 years was fun but I don't wanna do that anymore. I'm playing Wario now & I'm gonna copy Glutonny. I'll get ***** cus I have 0 character experience with Wario but I'm gonna work hard and make him as good as my MK.

But, then I can't really call you Mew2King4Lunch anymore. Gluttony4Lunch? Boooo

If you want to win, you'll have to stop copying and start coming up with creative ****
I see him getting better all the time. Why change his strategy now?

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
booooooo

Your mk was good and helped me learn real fast because you can do a bunch of things i can't do

I'd win some tournaments first before giving up MK, because you have the most experience with him and he is the best tool in the game. If you want to win, you'll have to stop copying and start coming up with creative ****

I kill people with down b and string forward b into combos and do ridiculous **** like use up b to escape juggles all because it's unique and surprising. Just find what works for you and go with it

but as long as you're having fun, that's what is most important. At least i can be blue mk now lmao

Kaffei

Smash Hero
booooooo

Your mk was good and helped me learn real fast because you can do a bunch of things i can't do

I'd win some tournaments first before giving up MK, because you have the most experience with him and he is the best tool in the game. If you want to win, you'll have to stop copying and start coming up with creative ****

I kill people with down b and string forward b into combos and do ridiculous **** like use up b to escape juggles all because it's unique and surprising. Just find what works for you and go with it

but as long as you're having fun, that's what is most important. At least i can be blue mk now lmao
I don't really care about winning as much as I do having fun like you said. Like when I beat Pink with MK it's cus the MU was shiet + He SDed.. That didn't feel legit to me even tho i was happy that i won
A bunch of my stuff is M2K's but there are stuff that I find that I don't share with people

I always thought that Wario ***** anyway so he will be fun to learn + I copy people cus it works best for me and it's been working ever since I picked up dis game

Lmao @ Glutonny4Lunch

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Them shoutouts

1) Omni - Good job getting first dude, rightful placing for metaknight.
1) Neo - Sorry about your carpal tunnel, wish I could have seen your matches and that we could have played.
3) Seagull - Top 3 as predicted eh? lol once I learn the metaknight matchup you won't be a problem anymore because then I can go pikachu on you. :cool:
4) Takeover - Good seeing you again dude, are you giving up Snake for good or something now?
5) Kaffei4Lunch - I see after getting timed out you showed no mercy in losers bracket :troll: Good job getting top 5, why didn't we team at this?! :mad:
5) Logic - "Hey, bio want me to show you how to fight Pit with metaknight?" *Proceeds to lose to Pit with metaknight* lmao
7) Pink Fresh - Where's the passion?
7) NOID - That Falco :awesome:
9) EE - Cot5 bout to be legit
9) Lol. - Would have actually tried if you went Jigglypuff, but I you can have the win if you want it bad enough to go metaknight and get 9th at a house tourney :p
9) Slikvik - Friendlies with you always challenging, too bad you quit so you probably won't help me train at college park anymore.
9) SSR - We got like two of the hardest teams in bracket lol
13) Tiger - Nice seeing you again! Can't wait for next weekend, that national status.
13) Luckay4Lyphe - 3 out of 4 matches were against metaknight, once I learn this matchup I'm breaking top 5 all over the place I swear.
13) Darkflame - Nice seeing you again dude, most chill IC's, get it?
13) BONK - Nice seeing you again.
17) Duce? - Haven't met you before, thanks for coming out.
17) Poyo - Thanks for giving me your only dollar in that money match
17) Twisted Steel - Nice friendlies, Link is pretty free for Pit. :p
17) Bionic - Nice match, don't try to force anything with metaknight because that's when Pit can counter him.
17) Bloodynite - That freeness, rightful placing for a Ganon.
17) Sheth - We should definitely play, my Pit be off the charts. I don't even like 5$ MM because multiple 2$ ones give the same amount of adrenaline that I need to play great so yeah of course we can MM.
17) Menace - No prob for the ride, we need to play sometime this summer so we can get better.

Exdia - You're hilarious, guy.
Boss - I just get luckay with arrows, but not as much as getting 9's after uairs and upb stage spikes LOL.
Korn - Clutch in doubles.
Coney - That DDD too good, you should enter next time and get a cohost. Great tournament overall, no problems that's what I like to see in the community.
Zant - You do a lot for the community, recording set ups and carpools so thanks dude.
Tant - Nice money matches. Too bad I couldn't take some $$$ from that Wario lol.

SuperSayianRenan

Smash Journeyman
Kaffei. Warnings. Idk if you will have fun and copy Malcom he is scary/amazing/ so many other crazy words that badly describes how good he really is...

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I don't like Malcolm's Wario
I'm copying Glutonny I already put 30+ videos onto my ipod so I can study them 24/7

Top Bottom