• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CONSOLE Player Tier List

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
no offense, but do u really think ur on the same level as jaime? how many games did u win against him? i guess ill have to wait to see those matches.

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
no offense, but do u really think ur on the same level as jaime? how many games did u win against him? i guess ill have to wait to see those matches.
Kefits crazy pay no mind...he's lucky i didn't get to steal his money :(
IF you guys can not take games from JaimeHR then Kefit would 5 to 3 stock you on Console sorry to say. He even 4 stocked Tigerbombz's Fox.

The Star King

Smash Hero
IDK about Surri but Nova is asking whether Kefit is on JAIME's level, not his. Whether or not Kefit would beat Nova/Surri is completely irrelevant bro >______>

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
i can take games from jaime and other people can too, but im just wondering how many games he took from jaime for him to think hes on the same level as him. but i will give kefit props if he took 2 games from him in their tourney set (kefit said it was a down to the wire set), because in online tournaments most players dont take a game from jaime, not even good ones.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
i agree somewhat to Kefit's list except that im not DarkPhox (WHO DAT?)
i took only a few games from JaimeHR but i think it was something that was legit john-able.
my cf got 4 stocks from Isai's yoshi (no johns, just played. with suicide + nado) and the best i did vs Boom was in teams at Darth's after everything else was over.

EDIT w/MY list:
idk how to order tiers well, so i just LIST.
The Real Colt Master (:troll:)
Isai
Boom
JaimeHR
Tigerbombz
B-Rex
KnitePhox
Jel
DarthRancorous
Meta
DrunkENess

wish i could have played Tigerbombz (1game before he left his yoshi vs my..fox..? maybe cf) BRex Meta and DrunkENess more, didnt get an amount of games in for proper placement on my list. were really close games with B-Rex and Jel, and i only played vs DrunkENess like 3 games. NEXT TIME BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER, META.

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
i took only a few games from JaimeHR but i think it was something that was legit john-able.
my cf got 4 stocks from Isai's yoshi (no johns, just played. with suicide + nado) and the best i did vs Boom was in teams at Darth's after everything else was over.

EDIT w/MY list:
Isai
Boom
JaimeHR
Tigerbombz
B-Rex
KnitePhox
Jel
DarthRancorous
Meta
DrunkENess

wish i could have played Tigerbombz (1game before he left his yoshi vs my..fox..? maybe cf) BRex Meta and DrunkENess more, didnt get an amount of games in for proper placement on my list. were really close games with B-Rex and Jel, and i only played vs DrunkENess like 3 games. NEXT TIME BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER, META.
Yeah really fun games wish we could of played alot more then we did

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
i can take games from jaime and other people can too, but im just wondering how many games he took from jaime for him to think hes on the same level as him. but i will give kefit props if he took 2 games from him in their tourney set (kefit said it was a down to the wire set), because in online tournaments most players dont take a game from jaime, even good ones.
I see. Will you will have to wait for videos to see how good he did. But I can tell you it was really close and really fun to see in real life.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Jaime gets beat by sheer and stuff. Lots of people take games off him.

That said, he's OMFGwtfBBQ fantastic, but, y'know, he loses games weirdly sometimes.

IDK, did Kefit four stock Tigger consistently, or just once? Maybe we're sleeping on him.

NTA

Smash Lord

EDIT w/MY list:
Isai
Boom
JaimeHR
Tigerbombz
B-Rex
KnitePhox
Jel
DarthRancorous
Meta
DrunkENess

So lucky KP. I should've went :/
Oh well. NExt stop is Genesis 2 videos!

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Oh this is the thread I was looking for. Here are my thoughts based on performances at Genesis:

S Tier
Top: Isai
Bottom: Boom

A Tier
JaimeHR, Kefit

B Tier
B-Rex, Tigerbombz

C Tier
Pretty much everyone else there, including Jel, Darth Rancorous, Drunk E Ness, NitePhox, Meta, and a bunch of others I can't recall at the moment.
After watching the Boom/Jaime 12 char battle, and the 3 winners semi matches between them, I think you are definitely right that Boom is in a different tier than Jaime. I dunno yet about same tier as Isai. If he barely beat Isai's low tier characters with his best, then I wouldn't say so. I'll wait for the vids tho.

malva00

Smash Master
After watching the Boom/Jaime 12 char battle, and the 3 winners semi matches between them, I think you are definitely right that Boom is in a different tier than Jaime. I dunno yet about same tier as Isai. If he barely beat Isai's low tier characters with his best, then I wouldn't say so. I'll wait for the vids tho.
you give Isai too much credit. each character in this game is good

malva00

Smash Master
We'll never really know due to The actions that went down in the Grand Finals...shame really >_>
you don't need a tournament to determine how someone matches up against someone else or to see if someone is better than someone else

if there were only two players in the whole world, would they have to rent out a venue for a tournament, give it a name, invite a bunch of people and then play a limited number of matches in that venue to see how they match up against each other? ROFL

Battlecow

Play to Win
Yeah, but people play more "seriously" when money, pride, etc. are on the line. Yeah, a lot of people play really hard in friendlies and you can judge skill from that well, but sometimes a guy isn't going to pull out his very best character and his very cheapest tricks unless it's in a high-pressure situation like a tourney or Money Match.

Not saying you can't judge from casual/non-tourney play, just that sometimes to make sure, a tourney is nice...

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
you don't need a tournament to determine how someone matches up against someone else.

if there were only two players in the whole world, would they have to rent out a venue for a tournament, give it a name, invite a bunch of people and then play a limited number of matches in that venue to see how they match up against each other? ROFL
for true competition yes.

ROFL all you want your friendlies dont PROVE any more then FAKE smash does

clubbadubba

Smash Master
As long as the players say beforehand that they are playing for keepsies no takesies backsies, then thats enough to determine skill. But how often do people do that outside of tourneys? If they do, then good for them, I've just never seen it I don't think.

The Star King

Smash Hero
You can usually tell who the better player is after a smash session of decent length. You don't need tournament matches.

I am quite sure the Boomfan himself will say that Isai is significantly better, so I'm not sure what you're talking about with "we'll never know", Surri.

I'm not sure why you're so mad that Isai didn't go high tiers. The matches were still pretty entertaining if you ask me.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
You can usually tell who the better player is after a smash session of decent length. You don't need tournament matches.
why even have tourneys then o.o;;

I am quite sure the Boomfan himself will say that Isai is significantly better, so I'm not sure what you're talking about with "we'll never know", Surri.
I was talking more about how boom does vs his high tiers in the tourney.

I'm not sure why you're so mad that Isai didn't go high tiers. The matches were still pretty entertaining if you ask me.
I just want competition is all, the MADNESS comes from a well deep in side me.

malva00

Smash Master
why even have tourneys then o.o;;
tournaments are good for bringing people together who live far from each other (sometimes for the money).

sometimes there are so many players that it would be impossible or take too long for every player to play every other player, so tournaments are good to decide a winner in this situation.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
tournaments are good for bringing people together from far away.

sometimes there are so many players that it would be impossible or take too long for every player to play every other player, so tournaments are good to decide a winner in this situation.
Well the reason it brings people together (at least why I personally would have went) would have been for the tourney environment for sure, but the actual competition is what would drive me to pay so much just to play a game with people i dont even technically know.

Overall i suppose it just kills MY drive to play...cant debate that :(

malva00

Smash Master
anyways i think some people underestimate some of the other characters who are not pikachu/kirby/fox/falcon

DMoogle

A$
anyways i think some people underestimate some of the other characters who are not pikachu/kirby/fox/falcon
The videos with you as Falcon are super old. It would be awesome if you played as him for a bit when you record your Peru matches.

And I don't think anyone underestimates your Link or Luigi.

malva00

Smash Master
The videos with you as Falcon are super old. It would be awesome if you played as him for a bit when you record your Peru matches.

And I don't think anyone underestimates your Link or Luigi.
I haven't played much Falcon. I doubt it's any better than before. I think my Yoshi has improved the most.

and i wasn't talking about my characters, just in general

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Ness gets either too much love or too much hate. I think he's fun to play.

See, you go to tourneys primarily for the people, with the game as a secondary reason. Definitely not just for money.

The Star King

Smash Hero
YOSHI GETS TOO MUCH HATE. Most people seem to either love him or hate him, so I guess his style is very polarizing. Considering Yoshi was my worst character for a VERY long time and he's now one of my favorites, I think people just aren't giving him enough of a chance, but whatever.

:phone:

Olikus

Smash Champion
Whats funny with yoshi is that he often either is your main/top 3 caractther or his one of your worst. So maybe he needs the most patiense to work with idk.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Yoshi is the hardest character technically IMO. He's also kind of weird and different from the other characters, and you have to put a lot of effort into learning to combo with him. So yeah, I would agree.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Yoshi is hard overall, but can be extremely easy and gay against heavies. Just uptilt, uairs (or uptilt if the opponent gets too low), dair, usmash. Or even worse spamming utilts and dairs.

I personally hate playing a yoshi that is how I mentioned, but I love playing against a real good yoshi. Or were you talking about loving/hating playing AS yoshi?

Battlecow

Play to Win
Against bad DI dairs are godliek. Have you played Legendary's yoshi? LULZ.

That's actually why Sheer hates yoshi dittos. Guarantee you.

Top Bottom