• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Counterpicking Made Easy

T-block

B2B TST
Agreeing with what Vermy said

Pokemon Trainer:
Best: Brinstar, Norfair, Pictochat
Worst: Frigate Orpheon, Jungle Japes

Squirtle
Best: Brinstar, Norfair, Battlefield
Worst: Jungle Japes

Squirtle has no bad stages really...

Ivysaur
Best: Norfair, Brinstar, Pirate Ship, Green Greens
Worst: Rainbow Cruise, Frigate Orpheon, Port Town Aero Dive

Take Final Destination off Charizard's worst stages too

Vitality

Smash Ace
Isn't Rainbow Cruise really bad for snake? Its really small and snake is usually in the air as map is moving.

Edit: Hi t-block

TheMike

Smash Lord
Snake on Frigate... well, rack up damage with Ftilts and Tech Chases with Dthow. It's the same in other stages but here camping isn't a really good option because the stage is short and Snake is also very good at close game(Abuse ur range). Also, u can get kills earlier than usual with Utilts.

All in all, it's a good stage, but others like Norfair is better IMO

Jobes

Smash Apprentice
Why is Battlefield so bad for Pikachu? I personally like it. You can QAC around to about anywhere using the platforms, and i can't seem to find big disadvantages it gives pika.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Jungle Japes is a great stage for Lucas, it's pefect for Lucas camping because he can thunderslide the center for total control and camp the sides... It's one of Lucas' best stages

Firestormzero0

Smash Ace
I do believe SuSa is right on this one. RC is not the WORST stage for snake, there are worse. but its not really that great for him either, there are MUCH better options.

PUNK9

Smash Journeyman
Battlefield (i think) is a good place for pika, i feel like i have control over the stage when i play there, just because that mail part of the stage is kinda on the small size the t-jolts can give pika the advantige there..

Razek

Smash Apprentice
Battlefield is not a bad level for Pikachu. There is just better. There is no level that really hurts Pikachu,Only level I personally hate with him is Pokemon Stadium 1, because of the little "lip"(if you play Pikachu you know exactly what I'm talking about), but even then it just requires you to be more careful then usual, but for Neutrals you'll want Final Destination if you can. Another reason Battlefield isn't so hot is as much as it doesn't "hurt" Pikachu other characters benefit MORE from it. Not that Battlefield will ever be like a nono it's just more likely then not you would like to be someplace else. Smashville and Final Destination are always nice. For counter picks though, delfino plaza ,Frigate, Castle siege (if you can run them off) just to name a few. Those levels just seem to be better then Battlefield. A reason Battlefield would be good choice is to make it harder for MK to dair camp, but some of the levels above offer that as well. It's players choice in the long run, but that is just why "I" think many Pikachu players say that Battlefield is bad.

Jochnick

Smash Rookie
Captain Falcon + Smashville

Smashville may be a bad stage for Falcon (I main him) Since Falcon gets a lot better when his got a lot of platforms. Norfair for example, he can easily hit and run, and it's kinda easy to avoid projectiles on that stage which make it useful for him.

But what maybe some of you don't know about C.F is that he can jump UNDER the stage and get all the way around to the other side and survive :p
Useful to avoid final smashes or some dangerous items (like the Golden Hammer).

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I don't know if this is still being updated, but...

The Ike board has kinda decided Jungle Japes isn't that bad of a stage for Ike. In fact, it might not be bad at all outside of specific match-ups. QD is somewhat usable here due to how the platforms are laid. Aether onstage simply wrecks some characters by spiking them into the water. Middle Platform area is great for Ike. We have no problem KOing to the sides, and high ceiling means that in some match-ups we live way longer. And we can actually make it back from almost any part of the water, except for the far left side.

Top Bottom