• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Crazy Mod, the Melee modification in a memory card save file

flieskiller

Smash Journeyman
About Wii applications to load Gamecube games:

Dios Mios lite: Save/load doesn't work (crashes the game)
(didn't try with Dios Mios with USB)
Nintendon-t: Doesn't work

The Crazy Mod is a modified save file that load custom settings on a vanilla Gamecube & Melee game. It is not Melee with anything new or custom but a new and unique way of playing this game.

You can set up to spawn items on demand directly in your hand to use, have custom stats (size, ratio) available to switch, a nice save feature for up to 100 settings to simply load, choose characters and play.

I am in no way affiliated with the original creator of that mod , all credit goes to him: wparam. I am just showing this for the public to see and appreciate. It is a very obscure mod that needs more love.

Requirement:
• A memory card with 22 available blocks (11 x 2: SSBM + Hack save)
• Super Smash Bros. Melee 1.02 (1.00 will surely not work)
• A Gamecube or Wii + Dios Mios (lite) (Save/load feature will not work through .iso loading)
• Wii + Homebrew Channel + SD card/USB + GameCube Memory Card manager http://wiibrew.org/wiki/GCMM
(any settings to put a Gamecube save to a memory card, I'll show here the simplest way with a Wii and an SD card)
• The Crazy Mod save file (or my own Save File , based on the file in this .rar but with already saved settings, see "my own save file" spoiler for all the custom settings I have already)

CrzMod.rar contains both version 1.0 and 1.1 of the Crazy Mod. There are 2 extensions of files: GCI and GCS. For some people, the GCS will be better for what they'll use, but we will use the GCI type for the GGCM apps.

With a few exceptions, the 1.1 version is superior with easier interface and more settings available. My save file is based on version 1.1 .

Installing the Crazy Mod (Instruction to place the save file on a Memory Card):

1. Place the GCMM application in your apps folder on your SD card.
2. Create a MCBACKUP folder on the root of your SD card.
3. Place the SSBMmod11.gci file inside the MCBACKUP folder.
- My .rar file contains 2 files, send both in the MCBACKUP folder.
4. Go on a wii, with Homebrew Channel, load the GCMM.
5. Press A or B to go on the SD Card or USB (SD card is A button).
6. Choose the restore button and the Memory Card slot you use.
7. Choose the file(s) to store on the memory card.
- If you choose my save file to restore, both files must be sent on the memory card.

After the file(s) copied, all is set, you can now play the Crazy Mod on your Gamecube!

notes:
• My save file's name is "01-GALE-DuperSmashBros0110290334_01.gci". The "Duper" is the save file created by the Crazy Mod to save all data in its save/load feature. The "SSBMmod11.gci" and "01-GALE-SuperSmashBros0110290334_00.gci" are in fact the same, but to be sure to work and for simplicity, I decided to mix them both and ask the user to choose either of .rar file.

Entering the Crazy Mod

• After entering into Melee's menu, go to VS mode and to Name Entry, you will execute the hack and you will enter into the Crazy mod. (In a similar way to this)
• The game will return to the last page (Start screen if you didn't open any "choose your character" sub-menu) and the replacements will be executed.
• The main changes are: The Melee button now goes to the debug menu, and Single Button does not start game anymore, it will just load settings to the debug menu (will talk more about that later, see GRAPHICSELECT in the Debug Menu spoiler).

IMPORTANT: Do not open the Name Entry menu while the Memory Card is saving, it may corrupt the memory card! It happened to me once, so be careful.

notes:
• The high scores, before loading the hack file, are considered in the basic save, and after loading the hack file, it loads all "default" high scores and settings.
• As a personal challenge, I decided to make the Classic Mode with all characters at Very Hard, 5 stocks no continue, in which you can see if you choose my save file. (As a proof, I have unlocked G&W without finishing the Break the Target with all characters).

Playing the Crazy Mod

Opening the Debug Menu, you will see these menu choices down below (spoiler will contain information on each parts of the Debug Menu).

If you need help to understand Hexadecimal Addition, check the "SC WORD" Category in Versus Mode -> Fight.

You can quickly move in the debug menu by using the c-stick or holding the R button. All controller ports can move in the menu.

When I write "root" or "root menu", I mean the basic debug menu. If I press B on the root debug menu, It will take me to the Start Screen, in case people wonder what "root" means.

When playing with CPUs 5 and 6 in team games, the CPUs will get color settings from player 3 and 4, so their color might be not of their team. I suggest playing with Sub Color of CPUs to Black or Grey, so you can differentiate them from players, I suggest picking different characters though. The stages I suggest are grey for FD/Battlefield/FoD, and black for Yoshi Story/Dreamland. More information on this in the "6 players settings" spoiler below.

IMPORTANT: To start the match, you need to press "Start" in the Versus Mode -> Fight menu, not anywhere else.

Debug Menu
Versus Mode >
Fight >
This menu is the basic character selection/modification menu. This is the menu that you press "Start" to start the match with the settings.

Description of each categories:

GRAPHICSELECT: This will open the Single-Button page. From this page, it is easy to choose the character color and stage from there. After selecting the stage, you will be prompt back to the debug menu with the characters/stage you selected.

Settings kept from Single-Button: Free-for-all or Team Battle, characters, color, CPU level, stage.

CHAR SELECT: Choose the character for each players. All 26 characters, random, Solo Popo, Sandbag, both wire fighters, Giga Bowser, both Hands (Master Hand needs p3 to attack, Crazy Hand needs p4 to attack)

SCALE SELECT: Changes the size of the character, in a similar way to Tiny/Giant Melee and the mushrooms

KIND SELECT: Choose between Human, CPU, DEMO (playable computer) and none.

COLOR SELECT: Choose manually the color. Can be used to make multiple players have the same character and color.

- SUB COLOR: 1 light shade, 2 dark shade, 3 completely black, 4 completely grey, 5 and above crashes the game

DAMAGE SET: Starting damage at the start of each stocks, like the handicap system in Brawl.

OFFENCE/DEFENCE RATIO: Multiplies the number to the knockback, higher offence = stronger hits, lower defence = more resistance to hits.

Compared to the handicap sysem, you can change the offence and defence individually and set custom numbers to each players.

CPUTYPE SET: Change the AI of the computer: More info here

CPULEVEL SET: Change the level of the CPU. You might want to change it if you play Ice Climber, I heard Nana is better if the AI level is higher (Change to 1 per default when selecting Ice Climbers in the select character screen)

TEAM SELECT: Choose the team for all players. Choices are: Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Grey (see 6 players for more info)

STAGE: Choose the Stage.

• The stages starting with 'T' is the training stage for the corresponding character.
• The stages starting with a number is the Adventure Mode with their custom settings, for instance: 6-2 means the amount of Arwing will be way higher, 7 will have only Pokéballs dropping (though it is customizeable, see items menu).
• Aerial Arena is a special stage with multiple modifications possible. See the SC WORD 2 and root -> MORESTUFF categories.

MELEEKIND: Choice between Battle Royal (Free for all) or Team Battle.

SAVE/LOAD: Allow to save and load all settings that are set, to be loaded later.
INDEX: the Unique ID of the save file. There is up to 101 choices (0 to 100), and moving through them by moving left and right when hovering on the index.

CIND: It's the case in which you're modifying the letter. This allow to put a name for each saves you're placing in an index. The names are up to 13 letters long.

CHAR: This number is changing the letter placed in that CIND. Some numbers here do nothing, but here is a guideline of the most important numbers.
00 Hide the rest of the letters, making the letters to the right of the "00" unseen.
24 is the start of special characters, starting with '$'.
30 is the start of the numbers.
41 is the start of the letters.

SAVE/LOAD: Pressing this will save or load the settings. There is no confirmation, so be careful when going through these 2 buttons. Tell your friends to not touch anything when going in this, as all players can control the debug menu in the Crazy Mod.

These two numbers, SC WORD 1 and SC WORD 2, are hexadecimal numbers that allow to change settings affecting the game in general. Hexadecimal numbers go from 0 to F, with a total of 16 numbers. so 1 + 2 + 4 + 8 = 10 (the '1' in 10 means 16, 20 = 32 etc.). The numbers are adding up, so mutiple settings can be input at the same time.

For instance, if I want in SC WORD 1 to have fixed camera enabled, items never dissapear and players are invisible, I would put 80 + 40 + 08 = C8.
SC WORD 1:
01: super mushrooms are deadly.
02: Small mushrooms are deadly.
04: Any damage is deadly. (The starting damage set is the max damage before losing a stock, so if you start at 50% and heal yourself, you won't get instantly KO'd until 51%)
08: Players are invisible. Models are not drawn but effects like smoke and shadow are still seen. Can also be toggled through a D-pad command (see D-pad menu)
10: Items are invisible. There is still a graphical effect where an item is spawning.
20: D-pad moves cost coins instead of health. The D-pad menu have a setting that makes the player take damage to activate the effet. However, that SC WORD setting replace % with coins from a coin match. If you don't have any money, you can't use the effect.
40: Items never disappear. They will stay until the match ends (or thrown out of the field).
80: Fixed camera enabled

SC WORD 2:
01: Stage locked. The stage will not change with the GRAPHICSELECT screen, useable if your custom settings are set for a specific map (I have few of them in my save file, if you want some example for this SC WORD setting).
02: Top and bottom of Aerial Arena wrap around.
04: Sides of Aerial Arena wrap around.
08: Infinite 3rd jumps/air dodges. Remove the SpecialFall state after the special (up-b, side-b) and air dodge moves.
10: Players stuck to the floor. The characters can't jump while they touch the floor. If they are knocked in the air, they can jump before touching the ground again.
20: Item steal enabled. Right after grabbing the opponent, by holding b, you will steal the opponent's item (if you don't have one). Can't steal Crate items.
40: Hot mr.saturn potato enabled.
• If the seconds timer is at :X0 or :X5 and you hold a Mr. Saturn, you die instantly.
• Throwing a Mr. Saturn on somebody will forces him to catch it, even in the air.
• Catching a Mr. Saturn will make the catcher asleep for a short duration.

80: Fancy throwing enabled. The yellow c-stick will allow to throw hold items at any angle instead of the 4 cardinal angles. You must hold the direction until the item is thrown.

RULE
RULE: choice between TIME, STOCK, COIN, BONUS.
TIME (MIN): Set the game timer, minute field.
TIME (SEC): Set the game timer, seconds field.
Stock(CNT): Set the starting amount of stocks.
DAMAGERATIO: Set the damage ratio, same as in the custom rules menu. However, the limit is bigger, instead of 0.5 to 2.0 the limits are now 0.00 to 20.00
PLAYER FLAGS: IN VERSION 1.1, THIS FIELD DOESN'T WORK. If you want to use these, you need the version 1.0 of Crazy Mod (included in this topic). Still, here are the changes possible:
0x01 Stamina mode
0x02 No Talking
0x04 Low Gravity
0x08 Invisible (permanent cloaking device)
0x10 Black Stock Icon
0x20 Metal (permanent metal box)
0x40 Start the match on floating platform (visual effect only)
0x80 Controller rumble enabled
ITEM SWITCH: How frequent the items will appear. There are 2 new frequencies:
Crazy. In average, more than 1 item per second
Likerain. In less than 2 seconds, drop the maximum amount of items possible
SCORE DISP: Useful in Time mode, show the score of the players. In stock mode, show remaining stock (in addition to the icons...)

MORE ->
This is the same as the MORE RULES in the root menu.

Item Switch
5P/6P TEAM: When the 5 and 6 CPUs are activated, these fields choose their team color in a team battle.
BIG MUSH: (Default 1.81) Change the size ratio of the super Mushroom.
SMALL MUSH: (Default 0.5) Change the size ratio of the Small Mushroom.
ITEMCRAPER: For this to work, you must have the DPAD DROP at on and items drop set to middle or higher.
This allow the D-PAD DROP item to fall at a given interval instead of when the button is pressed by the player.

PKMN TYPE: Change the type of Pokémon that will appear from a Pokéball. This is not a hexadecimal number, so only 1 Pokémon can be activated at a time.
0. Random (default)
1. Goldeen
2. Chikorita
3. Snorlax
4. Blastoise
5. Weezing
6. Charizard
7. Moltres
8. Zapdos
9. Articuno
10. Wobuffet
11. Scizor
12. Unown
13. Entei
14. Raikou
15. Suicune
16. Bellossom
17. Voltorb
18. Lugia
19. Ho-Oh
20. Ditto (with his super uppercut)
21. Clefairy
22. Togepi
23. Mew
24. Celebi
25. Staryu
26. Chansey
27. Porygon2
28. Cyndaquil
29. Marill
30. Venusaur

DPAD DROP: Item drop must be set to middle or higher for this to work. This boolean will activate the ITEMTYPEX (X = number of player), making that item drop above the player's head.

ITEM: The five following fields are the item apparition hexadecimal numbers. These allow to remove capsule and crates (something you couldn't do in Melee, only in Brawl and Sm4sh) and allow only specific items, including the secret POW block.

New item: POW block. This cube with a red skin will hit all opponents toward the ceiling for 50% if they touch the ground when a player takes the block.

ITEM 0X04:
01. Metal Box
02. Cloaking Device
04. Pokéball
08. POW block (description above)

ITEM 0X03:
01. Fan
02. Fire flower
04. Super mushroom
08. Poison mushroom
10. Hammer
20. Warp star
40. Screw attack
80. Bunny hood

ITEM 0X02:
01. Ray gun
02. Freezie
04. Food
08. Motion-sensor mine
10. Flipper
20. Super scope
40. Star rod
80. Lipstick

ITEM 0X01:
01. Heart
02. Maxim tomato
04. Starman
08. Homerun bat
10. Beam sword
20. Parasol
40. Green shell
80. Red shell

ITEM 0X00:
01. Capsule
02. Crate
04. Barrel
08. Egg (capsule, used in Yoshi levels)
10. Party ball
20. Barrel cannon
40. Bob-omb
80. Mr. Saturn

ITEMTYPE:

ITEMTYPE1 = player 1, ITEMTYPE 2 = player 2 etc. Don't forget the item drop set to middle or higher.

With DPAD DROP to on, the player will be able to drop the item set in this field above his head by pressing the D-PAD down (D-pad up is taunt, in case people might try joystick down and wonder why it doesn't work).

The number is hexadecimal, based on the list in the spoiler below. However, a special rule applies to these fields.

By choosing an item and adding 40 to the number, the d-pad will drop that item AND the next one on the list.
By adding 80, you will also drop the next 2 items.
by adding C0, you will also drop the next 3 items.
For instance, I want to drop the fire flower, super mushroom and poison mushroom, the fire flower is 13, so 80 + 13 = 93.

ITEMTYPE list:
00. Capsule
01. Crate
02. Barrel
03. Egg (capsule, used in Yoshi levels)
04. Party ball
05. Barrel cannon
06. Bob-omb
07. Mr. Saturn
08. Heart
09. Maxim tomato
0A. Starman
0B. Homerun bat
0C. Beam sword
0D. Parasol
0E. Green shell
0F. Red shell
10. Ray gun
11. Freezie
12. Food
13. Motion-sensor mine
14. Flipper
15. Super scope
16. Star rod
17. Lipstick
18. Fan
19. Fire flower
1A. Super mushroom
1B. Poison mushroom
1C. Hammer
1D. Warp star
1E. Screw attack
1F. Bunny hood
20. Metal Box
21. Cloaking Device
22. Pokéball

28. Flying Hammer Head (sometimes crash the game)
2A. Yoshi Egg (like the Event 13)
2B. Goomba
2C. Redead (zombie from Zelda series, appear in the Underground Maze)
2D. Octorok (octopus that shoots rocks from the Zelda series)
2E. Otosea (also called Topi, the furry ball from Ice Climbers game)
2F. Projectile of Octorok (which is falling toward the player, harming anyone)
D-Pad Moves >
The d-pad moves are an action when a player is pressing any of the 3 directions of the d-pad (taunt is excluded).

D-pad down will also proc if the d-pad down action is at "on" in the ITEM SWITCH menu. Both will drop items.

DAMAGE: The amount received when using an action. If the SC WORD 1, flag 20 is set, this is the coin price to use an item.
DURATION: Unused, does nothing.
DELAY: Cooldown of using an item again. The number is the number of frames, and the number is in hexadecimal. There is 60 frame in a second.

For instance, the default number is 300, so 300 hex is 768 in decimal, 768 / 60 = 12.8 seconds, that means you can't use any d-pad actions for 12.8 seconds after you've used one. Here is a link to a converter: http://www.mathsisfun.com/binary-decimal-hexadecimal-converter.html

LEFT, RIGHT, DOWN, L+LEFT etc. Are all items/actions that can be put and be used by any players. All 9 choices can be different, and they are set based on this list:
02: Used for debug, no applications
03: Toggle your slot to/from CPU control
04: Become visible
05: Become invisible
06: Bob-omb
07: Mr. saturn
08: super mushroom in hand (to throw with Z button)
09: Poison mushroom in hand (to throw with Z button)
10: Starman
11: Home-run Bat
12: Beam sword
13: Umbrella
14: Green shell
15: Red shell
16: Ray gun
17: Freezie
18: Use POW block effect
19: Motion-sensor mine
20: Flipper
21: Super scope
22: Star rod
23: Lipstick
24: Fan
25: Fire flower
26: super mushroom
27: Poison mushroom
28: Hammer
29: Warp star
30: Screw attack
31: Rabbit hood
32: Metal box
33: Cloaking device
34: Pokéball
35: Clear all status effects (like freeze)
36: Toggle slot 1 to/from CPU
37: Toggle slot 2 to/from CPU
38: Toggle slot 3 to/from CPU
39: Toggle slot 4 to/from CPU
40: Hammer head
Morestuff >
AERIAL ARENA
These changes only affect the Aerial Arena Stage (1st stage in the stage list)

FOV: (default 30) Field of View, no need to change it
DEPTH: (default 550) How far the camera is
WIDTH: (default 230) How large the fighting zone is
HEIGHT: (default 185) How high the fighting zone is.
ITEM DURATION
This submenu changes the duration of all items on the players. Duration is in frames, number is decimal (ie. 600 = 10 seconds)

STAR: doesn't seem to change anything (default 600).
SHROOM: (default 480)
BUNNY: (default 720)
METAL: (default 700)
CLOAK: (default 600)
HAMMER: (default 450)

DOPPELGANGERS:
This field is a little unique. At the start of the level, a clone of you, controlled by a computer, will fight to the death. They do not count at the final score, have 1 stock, and are gone when defeated. They will use the AI selected for that player, so they can act in many ways. See my save file list #29 (Nana for all) to see an example of what can be done with this.

Even though you can go up to 20 doppelgangers, the Gamecube has its limits, so if you push that RAM/processor limit, the Gamecube might crash of overload.
DBLEVEL: This field can enable the DEVELOP setting of the game. This goes beyond this topic.
Six Flag: see "6 Players settings" below for more info.
Six Scores: This activate the interface to show 6 players in the score and percentage of players, used for 6 players matches. If a game starts without Sic Scores, that match will show 4 players, then the next games will have this field enabled. (It is enabled at the first game, but the setting is activated too late and 4 players interface is loaded instead).

MORE RULES ->
SPEED: Control the speed of the game, like Lightning and Slo-mo Melee.
F.F.: Friendly Fire
MUSHST: If set to on, the Mushrooms buffs will stay infinitely until the player loses his stock.
INFJMP: Infinite 2nd jump. However, if the player uses his 3rd jump/air dodge, he will go in SpecialFall. This can be prevented with the SC WORD 2, number 08 to have a real infinite aerial mobility.
CONTROL: The number set makes that player number control that character.
ie. if "P2: 1", the Player 1 will control both his character and P2's character.
STOCK DELTA: This field add/substract the player's stock with that number, allowing different stocks to different characters.
ie. If amount of stocks is 4 and "P1: -1" and "P2: 2", Player 1 will have 3 stocks and Player 2 will have 6 stocks.
KILFLG: Same as SC WORD 1. See VERSUS MODE->FIGHT submenu.
POW FQ: (default 4) Set the POW block frequency. This item's drop rate in % is dependant of the rest of the items, so it must be set manually.
ie. If I have only Fire Flowers and Hammers activated, they will both have a drop rate of %50. If I only have Fire flowers and POW blocks, the flower will have 96% and the POW block will have a drop rate of 4%.

6 Players Settings
The Crazy Mod allows the user to easily and fully add 2 CPUs in addition to the 4 human players (no, not 6 human players).

The P5 takes settings from P3, and P6 is copying settings from P4. This means anywhere these CPUs settings aren't set directly, they will copy from P3 and P4. However, by changing the "SIX FLAG" setting in the root debug menu, this is where things get confusing: The P3 will copy P1, P4 will copy P2, P5 will take settings from P3 and P6 will take setings from P4. I made a graphic to show who gives info to who (Arrow means give info to):

SIX FLAG: 1 (default)

SIX FLAG: 0

To explain where the settings are, I will assume the SIX FLAG is set at 1, because you will only need the SIX FLAG at 0 in rare moments. I have an example using "SIX FLAG: 0", check my save file #10 "4vs2 giants".

So here is all the location of the settings of the CPU 5 and 6:

VERSUS MODE/FIGHT
• CHAR SELECT allows the user to set the character directly to the CPUs.
• KIND/SUB COLOR: Both CPUs are chosen together. KIND is the "ALL PKIND" and SUB COLOR is the < SUB COLOR > field. The subcolor is useful while doing teams including the CPUs.
• The rest in this submenu will copy as the SIX FLAG dictates.

The last setting, outside of that submenu:
• Teams: To set the team, go in root/ITEM SWITCH, the first 2 fields are the 5P team and 6P team. Having up to 5 team colors (Green, Red, Blue, Yellow, Grey) Can allow all players to be free for all, except the computers together for instance. I have an example in my save file: I have put both computers enabled and in team yellow in my save file, setting #0 "PKMN battle".

My own save file
link to my save file

I will list all changes I made for each custom games. The default is like the tournament settings (stock mode, 4 stocks, friendly fire on, 8 minutes).

I have saved the default settings as number 100, and default tournament settings as number 99 (for quick access)

If it is different from the tournament setting, it will be indicated. The changes I write in the spoilers below assume the players will go through the Character select screen, because there might be some CPUs and characters already selected that will be replaced with the select screen. The exception is the CPU level because any closed slot or human player will make the CPU level set to 1.

ITEM 0X00/01/02/03/04 will be at default all "00", and indicated if any items are dropped.

When listing all the custom changes, I will go in order to start in VERSUS MODE/FIGHT, then VERSUS MODE/RULE, then continue in the root folder.

All of this is directly accessible by using my save file, this is more of an information page about what is changed.

If you have any requests, just ask me in the topic and I'll add them to my list to make an official "custom game save file".

0-4
PKMN battle, PKMN Hyrule, 3 melee wep, Mr. Saturn, shrooms invi
0. PKMN battle
This custom game is a Pokéball fight on the Stadium! Fight against up to 3 friends, and against Pikachu and Pichu to see who's the strongest Trainer!
If Team Battle is activated, both Pikachu and Pichu (CPU 5 and 6) Will be together in the Yellow team.

If you want to not have Pikachu and Pichu in the fight, just remove them with these 2 changes:
• VERSUS MODE/FIGHT/KIND SELECT: "ALL PKIND" to GM_NONE
• SIX SCORES: 0

FIGHT:
• CHAR SELECT/CHARA_5: Pikachu
• CHAR SELECT/CHARA_6: Pichu
• KIND SELECT/ALL PKIND: GM_CPU
• CPUTYPE SET: CPTP_ONLYITEM (for all players, make the CPUs only go for items and not attacking other players).
• CPULEVEL SET: 4
• STAGE: PKMNSTADIUM
• SC WORD 2: 01 (to lock Pokémon Stadium)

RULE:
• TIME(MIN): 3
• STOCK(CNT): 2
• DAMAGERATIO: 1.5
• ITEM SWITCH: VERYHIGH

ITEM SWITCH:
• FLAGS: 20 (no interaction between players)
• ITEM 0X04: 04 (Pokéball drop)

SIX SCORES: 1

MORE RULES:
• F.F.: OFF

1. PKMN Hyrule
The Pokéball battle is set in Hyrule Temple this time. However, this is more dangerous as the Damage Ratio is way higher and the Pokéballs fall like crazy!.

The players can now throw in any directions with the fancy throwing.

If you want to not have Pikachu and Pichu in the fight, just remove them with these 2 changes:

FIGHT:
• CPUTYPE SET: CPTP_ONLYITEM (for all players, make the CPUs only go for items and not attacking other players).
• STAGE: HYRULECSTLE
• SC WORD 2: 81 (to lock Temple and Fancy Throwing)

RULE:
• DAMAGERATIO: 4.0
• ITEM SWITCH: CRAZY

ITEM SWITCH:

MORE RULES:

2. Mr. Saturn
Hot Potato Mr. Saturn game! Do not hold a Mr. Saturn in your hand at 0 or 5 seconds on the timer or you're toast! And try throwing them to your opponents.

FIGHT:
• CPUTYPE SET: CPTP_ITEM (CPUs will fight, but go catch the Mr. Saturn when they will spawn)
• SC WORD 2: C0 (Mr. Saturn activated, items never dissapear)

RULE:
• STOCK(CNT): 3

ITEM SWITCH:
• ITEM 0X00: 80

MORE RULES:

3. 3 melee wep
First custom game using the "d-pad moves" submenu, this allow all the players to pull a weapon out of nowhere to use in a swordfight!

You can also steal your opponent's weapon by pressing B right after grabbing him.

FIGHT:
• CPUTYPE SET: CPTP_ITEM (They will go after any items the human players have thrown and landed on the ground)

D-PAD MOVES:
• DAMAGE: 25
• DELAY: (2C0) 11.73 seconds
• LEFT: (13) Umbrella
• RIGHT: (24) Fan
• DOWN: (12) Beam Sword

4. Shrooms Invi
Invisible super Mushrooms drops, and the effect stacks indefinitively. Be careful where they drop, and Collect them to become stronger than your opponents.

In case you become too big for your liking, you can use d-pad down to reduce yourself.

Secret for you:
When a Mushroom spawns, they will always move toward the middle, that means they can never spawn to the right of the stage then go right.

FIGHT:
• SC WORD 1: 10 (items are invisible)

RULE:
• ITEM SWITCH: HIGH

ITEM SWITCH:
• BIG MUSH: 1.31
• SMALL MUSH: 0.44
• ITEM 0X03: 04 (super mushroom)

D-PAD MOVES:
• DAMAGE: 0
• DELAY: (300) 12.8 seconds
• DOWN: (27) Poison Mushroom

MORE RULES:
• MUSHST: ON

5-9
Shroomstack, buffs, throw, cash shop, 3v3
5. Shroomstack
In this Custom Game, the super Musrooms stays and grows the characters really fast! However, the players can spawn a Poison Mushroom in their hand to throw (Z button) to their opponent to make them smaller if they are too big to their liking.

Both mushrooms spawn, so be careful when taking one.

RULE:
• ITEM SWITCH: MIDDLE

ITEM SWITCH:
• BIG MUSH: 1.5
• SMALL MUSH: 0.75
• ITEM 0X03: 0C (super mushroom, Poison mushroom)

D-PAD MOVES:
• DOWN: (27) super Mushrooms

MORE RULES:
• MUSTST: ON

6. buffs
This custom gives 3 different buffs to each player to use at their maximum potential

ITEM SWITCH:
• BIG MUSH: 2.00

D-PAD MOVES:
• DAMAGE: 10
• DELAY: (200) 8.5 seconds
• LEFT: (31) Bunny Hood
• RIGHT: (32) Metal Box
• DOWN: (26) super Mushroom

MORESTUFF/ITEM DURATION:
• SHROOM: 150
• BUNNY: 240
• METAL: 210

7. Throw
All players have a various amount of items available as throwable items.

ITEM SWITCH:
• PKMN TYPE: (27) Porygon2

D-PAD MOVES:
• DAMAGE: 15
• DELAY: (38B) 15 seconds
• DOWN: (20) Flipper
• L + LEFT: (30) Screw Attack
• L + RIGHT: (15) Red Shell
• L + DOWN: (34) Pokéball
• R + LEFT: (17) Freezie
• R + RIGHT: (19) Motion-sensor mine
• R + DOWN: (34) Pokéball

8. Cash shop
Using the Coin mode and buying strong items

FIGHT:
• SC WORD 1: 20 (D-pad down costs coins instead of damage)

RULE:
• RULE: Coin mode
• STOCK: 3

D-PAD MOVES:
• DAMAGE (coin cost): 50
• DELAY: (280) 10.6 seconds
• LEFT: (6) Bob-omb
• RIGHT: (28) Hammer
• DOWN: (22) Star rod

MORESTUFF/ITEM DURATION:
• HAMMER: 300

9. 3v3
Having Player 5 and 6 Set up for a 3v3. You can simply change the teams to make a 2v2v2 or 4v2 or 3v2v1.

The things to change from the computer between each games:
CHAR SELECT
CPULEVEL SET
SUB COLOR (according to the stage to see the comps, Black subcolor in Battlefield is too difficult)

FIGHT:
• KIND SELECT: ALL PKIND: GM_CPU
• SUB COLOR: <SUB COLOR> 3

ITEM SWITCH:
• 5P_TEAM: BLUE-TEAM
• 6P_TEAM: RED-TEAM

MORE RULES:

10-14
4vs2 giants, mad food, only food, heal race, air arena 1
10. 4vs2 giants
With the Six Flag to 0. CPUs settings are set at player 3 and 4. Before starting the game, verify the player 3 and 4 are Team Grey (or a different team from the rest, grey is cooler though). P5 and P6 are set to RED-TEAM.

The best is to select characters without the graphicselect, just in the CHAR SELECT, choose the stage and start, as the graphicselect will make more changes than needed and will need some readjustments.

CPUs are giants hit harder, are bigger, and have 1 stock. Players have 2 stocks each.

FIGHT:
• SCALE SELECT
- SCALE__3: 2.0
- SCALE__4: 2.0
• KIND SELECT: ALL PKIND: HUMAN (this is needed for player 3 and 4 as humans)
• SUB COLOR: <SUB COLOR> 4 (Affects CPUs 5 and 6 even with the SiX Flag at 0...)
• OFFENCE RATIO
- OFFRATIO_3: 1.5
- OFFRATIO_4: 1.5

RULE:
• TIME(MIN): 4

ITEM SWITCH:
• 5P_TEAM: RED-TEAM

MORE RULES:
STOCK DELTA:
P5: -1
P6: -1

11. mad food
Food is everywhere in this custom game. Party balls full of food and Pokéballs that summon chanseys distributing full of delicious eggs!

RULE:
• ITEM SWITCH: LOW

ITEM SWITCH:
• PKMN TYPE: 26 (Chansey)
• ITEM 0X04: 04 (Pokéball)
• ITEM 0X02: 04 (Food)
• ITEM 0X00: 10 (Party Ball)

12. only food
This small custom setting is to activate the food drop from the shy guys in Yoshi Story.

RULE:

ITEM SWITCH:

13. heal race
Minigame time! We're doing a 4p Party: Which player can heal the fastest then suicide? Let's the fastest win.

Rule: Heal fast, then suicide. The first to suicide after healing to 0% wins, and the last survivor is the loser. The players can verify 300% was healed in the stats in the winner screen in case someone doubt the other got to 0% and tried to cheat.

Special Stage: "7pstadium" makes that only Pokéballs drop in the stage, players must heal from eggs.

Handicap possible: take a slower item picker, taken from Mew2King dump info:
Best/Average: the 21 characters not mentioned

Pickup Speed: 2 frames

Total Time: 7 frames

Below Average: Captain Falcon / Ganondorf / Marth / Roy

Pickup Speed: 3 frames

Worst: Mr. Game and Watch

Pickup Speed: 4 frames

Total Time: 11 frames

FIGHT:
• DAMAGE SET: 300 (to all players)
• CPUTYPE SET: CPTP_ONLYITEM (CPUs plays the minigame too, but doesn't suicide at the end)

RULE:
• TIME(MIN): 0
• STOCK(CNT): 1

ITEM SWITCH:
• FLAGS: 20 (Players can't interac)

14. air arena 1
This custom game uses the aerial arena for some Project M 3.2 Mewtwo-style of gameplay. Touching any border of the screen makes you a gone character.

Both 2nd jump and 3rd jump are infinite, so SpecialFall is impossible.

FIGHT:
• DAMAGE SET: 50 (for all players)
• STAGE: AerialArena
• SC WORD 1: 80 (fixed camera enabled)
• SC WORD 2: 09 (Stage locked, infinite 3rd jump/air dodges)

RULE:
• TIME(MIN): 04

MORESTUFF/AERIAL ARENA:
FOV: 30
DEPTH: 510
WIDTH: 160
HEIGHT: 125

MORE RULES:
• INFJMP: ON

15-19
Air Arena 2, Shroom bomb, NUKE+HEAL2v2, (blank), SURVIVALDPAD
15. Air Arena 2

This custom game uses the aerial arena for some Project M 3.2 Mewtwo-style of gameplay. Touching any border of the screen makes you a gone character.

FIGHT:
• SC WORD 1: 84 (fixed camera enabled, top and bottom warp)
• SC WORD 2: 8B (Stage locked, infinite 3rd jump/air dodges, fancy throwing enabled)

RULE:

D-PAD MOVES:
• DELAY: (100) 4.27 seconds
• LEFT: (16) Ray gun
• RIGHT: (20) Flipper

MORESTUFF/AERIAL ARENA:

MORE RULES:

16. Shroom bomb
Another minigame! With d-pad down (no cooldown), deadly mushrooms appear over your head. Move toward your opponent and drop your deadly swarm of shrooms to kick him out instantly without being touched by them.

To compensate for that super dangerous power, all players have infinite aerial mobility (2nd/3rd jump/air dodges)

FIGHT:
• SC WORD 1: 01 (Super mushrooms are deadly)
• SC WORD 2: 08 (infinite 2nd/3rd jump/air dodges)

RULE:

ITEM SWITCH:
• DPAD DROP: ON
• ITEMTYPE: 1A (for all players)

MORE RULES:

17. NUKE+HEAL2v2
Custom game where teamwork and timing is even more important! Made for 2 vs 2, where a player has a food dispenser and the other player has a strong nuke which can deal massive amount of damage.

How it works:
• Player 1 & 2 vs 3 & 4
• All players drop an item above their head with d-pad down.
• Player 1 and 3 have an Octorok projectile, Player 2 and 4 drop Food above their head.
• Both items affect all players, so be careful to not hit your ally and yourself with your rocks, and be careful to not drop free food to your enemies.

RULE:

ITEM SWITCH:
• ITEMTYPE1: 2F
• ITEMTYPE2: 12
• ITEMTYPE3: 2F
• ITEMTYPE4: 12

MORE RULES:
• F.F.: OFF (focusing on a 2v2 while managing items may be too difficult, I chose to remove F.F. for now.)

18. (blank)
Nothing here

19. SURVIVALDPAD
This custom game gives 3 tools to help recover to all players.

D-PAD MOVES:
• DELAY: (4B0) 20 seconds
• LEFT: (31) Bunny hood
• RIGHT: (33) Cloak device
• DOWN: (13) Parasol

MORESTUFF/ITEM DURATION:
• BUNNY: (300) 5 seconds
• CLOAK: (420) 7 seconds

20-24
barrels only, maze settings, guns, powerfuls, zoning items
20. barrels only
This only activate the two items: Barrel and Barrel cannon

RULE:

ITEM SWITCH:
• ITEM 0X00: 24

21. maze settings
This setting makes the adventure stage 3-1, Underground Maze, ready to play. Just choose the characters and start.

FIGHT:
• SC WORD 2: 01 (stage locked)

RULE:
• RULE: TIME MODE
• ITEM SWITCH:
• SCORE DISP: on

MORE RULES:

22. guns
All characters can now be equipped like spacies! Choose your favorite gun and force these animals to use their reflectors to what it's supposed to do.

D-PAD MOVES:
• DAMAGE: 20
• DELAY: (a8B) 45 seconds
• RIGHT: (21) Super scope
• DOWN: (25) Fire flower

23. powerfuls
This custom settings gives all players the strongest items available.

The warp star becomes a super strong recovery tool, useable from under the field to jump back onto it.

D-PAD MOVES:
• DAMAGE: 30
• DELAY: (70B) 30 seconds
• LEFT: (29) Warp star
• RIGHT: (40) Hammer head
• DOWN: (11) Homerun bat

24. zoning items
A favorite of mine. Choose between the Flipper and the Motion-sensor mine to control to limit the space of your opponent(s) around you.

You can also use red shells to wipe out the mines placed strategically by your opponent or to control the ground and combo with it.

D-PAD MOVES:
• DELAY: (2D0) 12 seconds
• LEFT: (15) Red shell
• RIGHT: (19) Motion-sensor mine

25-29
fire N ice, monster rain, 3v1 giant, flowers, Nana for all
25. Fire N ice
You can fight using the Freezie and Fire flower. This sounds like a blue team vs red team ideal teamfight with each their weapon...

You can also use the 3rd command to remove the freeze on you, though it will remove your chance to get another offensive weapon for some time...

D-PAD MOVES:
• DAMAGE: 5
• DELAY: (1C0) 7.4 seconds
• LEFT: (17) Freezie
• RIGHT: (25) Fire flower
• DOWN: (35) Remove status effects

26. Monster rain
This custom game is really starting to be crazy. Every 4 seconds, a random enemy (Goomba, Redead Octorok, Topi) spawns above every player's head, flooding the battle field with all kind of creatures to fight.

RULE:
• ITEM SWITCH: MIDDLE (for "d-pad down" drop to work)

ITEM SWITCH:
• ITEMCRAPER: 239 (It seems that being put to 240 makes the game drop the same creature, but 239 drops a different creature each drop)
• ITEMTYPE: EB = Goomba, Redead Octorok, Topi (for all players)

27. 3v1 giant
These settings are set for a real 1 stronger player vs multiple opponents, each with a role against the giant.

All players (except player 4) have a d-pad down drop. However, all players must be careful, as their items can be picked or used by the opponent.

Player 1 is the giant, being bigger, better stats.
d-pad drop is a metal box to absorb small damage more easily and to punish through them. The metal box's duration is 30 seconds, so you don't have to use one often (and is dangerous if an opponent takes it before you).

Player 2 is the support with his d-pad down dropping food to eat.

Player 3 can drop poison shrooms, being able to shrink the giant for a short duration.

Player 4 Being the warrior of the group, he doesn't have any items, but better stats instead.
IMPORTANT:: Player 4 must not press the d-pad down, or it might crash the game.

FIGHT:
• SCALE SELECT, SCALE__1: 1.62
OFFENCE RATIO
-OFFRATIO_1: 1.75
-OFFRATIO_4: 1.19
DEFENCeRATIO
-DEFRATIO_1: 0.69
-DEFRATIO_4: 0.81

RULE:
• ITEM SWITCH: MIDDLE (for d-pad down to drop items)

ITEM SWITCH:
• ITEMTYPE1: 20 (Metal box)
• ITEMTYPE2: 12 (Food)
• ITEMTYPE3: 18 (Poison mushroom)
• ITEMTYPE4: 26 (spawn a visual effect only, but might crash the game if used)

MORESTUFF/ITEM DURATION:
• SHROOM: (360) 6 seconds
• METAL: (1800) 30 seconds

28. flowers
All type of flowers are available here, with these, spread plantness around you... By using them as weapons, obviously.

ITEM SWITCH:
• PKMN TYPE: 16 (Bellossom)

D-PAD MOVES:
• LEFT: (23) Lip Stick
• RIGHT: (25) Fire Flower
• DOWN: (34) Pokéball (Bellossom)

29. Nana for all
This really cool mode gives a Nana to any character! Always wanted to try shine/dair with Falco with a 2nd Falco following you? Now you can.

This is done by setting the AI to Nana, and the amount of doppelganger to 1.

I have reduced the amount of stocks to 2 because of the mechanic of the game, described below.

Mechanics:
• If both the character and the doppel dies at the same time, the doppel will respawn with the main.
• If the doppel dies alone, the doppel is gone.
• If the main dies, the doppel stays on the field and will reunite with main when he respawns.

FIGHT:
• CPUTYPE SET: CPTP_NANA (for all players)

MORESTUFF/DOPPELGANGER:
• P1 DOPPLE: 1
• P2 DOPPLE: 1
• P3 DOPPLE: 1
• P4 DOPPLE: 1

30-35
Nothing for now.

Links and Files

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
This is awesome! Thanks, Flieskiller.

wparam....the silent Melee hacking god. I wish we knew who he was or how to contact him now. I WANT HIS NOTES!

Dan and I reverse engineered this mod to load our own custom code instead of his, and this was where 20XX Tournament Edition began.

I'm really interested to know how fancy throwing and item steal work because those are killer cool features. There's just tons of awesome stuff here.

Thanks for sharing your minigames too! That's one of my end goals for 20XX is to put enough stuff in there like this, where people can create new, fun, unique ways to play and experience the decade+ old game in a new light.

flieskiller

Smash Journeyman
It looks like I was wrong, my memory tricked me.

I had the memory that loading on a .iso on the Wii didn't work, but I tried just to be sure of it and it loaded perfectly with Dios Mios lite. However, the only thing that doesn't work is the save/load feature in the Mod.

I tried with Nintendon-t, the moment I selected the Name Entry menu, it crashed.

I edited the main post with this new information.

flieskiller

Smash Journeyman
Well, if Nintendont doesn't work, MAKE it work. PLEASE! :urg:
From what I've read, Dios Mios is an emulator, this is why the Crazy Mod can load it. However, Nintendont is more like a loader, which behaves differently, including to execute the Name Entry hack. As I've tested, it froze when I opened the Name Entry menu.

I can't edit the Crazy Mod save file, so I can't help you to make it compatible with Nintendont.

If you have any questions on if it's possible to make the Name Entry execute without problems on Nintendont, I'd ask @Dan Salvato instead, as he's working on the Tournament Edition of 20XX.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
From what I've read, Dios Mios is an emulator, this is why the Crazy Mod can load it. However, Nintendont is more like a loader, which behaves differently, including to execute the Name Entry hack. As I've tested, it froze when I opened the Name Entry menu.

I can't edit the Crazy Mod save file, so I can't help you to make it compatible with Nintendont.

If you have any questions on if it's possible to make the Name Entry execute without problems on Nintendont, I'd ask @Dan Salvato instead, as he's working on the Tournament Edition of 20XX.
I could never get the Crazy Mod to work with Dios Mios. It always froze once I clicked Name Entry. What loader are you using?

Iirc the Nametag exploit doesn't even work on an actual Cube, but don't quote me on that.
Wut? Of course it works with a cube. That's the whole reason behind why it's so awesome.

flieskiller

Smash Journeyman
I could never get the Crazy Mod to work with Dios Mios. It always froze once I clicked Name Entry. What loader are you using?
That's true, I have memories of it not working, the working again, maybe I should investigate more...

I'm using Dios Mios lite on Homebrew channel, with a 16gb SD card formatted with 64kb clusters (maybe the clusters change something).

I might try on the same Wii/apps settings with different cluster size to try to isolate the reason.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
That's true, I have memories of it not working, the working again, maybe I should investigate more...

I'm using Dios Mios lite on Homebrew channel, with a 16gb SD card formatted with 64kb clusters (maybe the clusters change something).

I might try on the same Wii/apps settings with different cluster size to try to isolate the reason.
Are you using CFG Loader, or Dios Mios Booter, or Wiiflow, etc...?

Like what do you actually click on in the Homebrew Channel to launch the game?

Last edited:

xirtamehtsitahw

Smash Cadet
I believe the problem may stem from using USB Loader GX. I may still have an older copy of CFG loader on my PC. I'll have to look into figuring out how to get DIOS MIOS to work (if it's even possible for my particular Wii + USB drive combo).

BTW, I use a Kingston 32 GB usb stick.

ssknight7

Smash Apprentice
I've been waiting for an update on 20XX TE for a month or so now with no real news on it. Since I know everyone is busy esp Achilles and Dan with their personal lives etc, I thought it would be nice if there were a small write up / tutorial on how to use the exploit used by Crazy Mod (nametag buffer overflow exploit I'm assuming?) to add one or two code modifications to Melee.

I'm not necessarily asking for an explanation of how/why the exploit works. I'm just asking that you supply a nearly empty Crazy Mod exploit memory card save and show how to implement your custom code, such as the code for Flash Red on unsuccessful LCancel.

Obviously you can't just take AR codes and plug it into the CM save file, but I assume it would be similar to how you permanently write AR codes to an ISO, by applying the AR codes, observe what code has changed in memory in Dolphin then writing that back to DOL before reburning the iso. You should be able to observe what code has changed in memory, store that in the save file and then somewhere in the save file is a pointer I'm sure saying "Begin writing code X at Address Y".

Since we're not worried about completely recreating the debug menu or any of that, I would think this would be relatively simple to explain and illustrate. Since I only know Achilles and InternetExplorer have personally worked to reverse the way CrazyMod works, I'm basically asking one of them for this information.

I do understand if you guys are too busy but I think something like this that could be written and so easily executed on unmodified machines would greatly boost interest and participation in Melee modding which would would help to take some of the burden on you guys. I for one am going to start with IE's video on modding and go from there working to reverse the mod. If no one else has the time, I'll post a tutorial documenting my journey through reversing the mod as time permits.

Thanks for all you guys do. Amazing this has been around since 09.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
All,

At the end of last week, @f00 , sent me an interesting PM about wParam’s memory card exploit. In his message he basically stated, “…and I read about the exploit on wParam’s old website….”. Of course, my immediate response was….WHAT website!?!?

So now I am here to present:

wParam’s SSBM Website
- Contains notes about how he created the memory card exploit, and some general game function notes and object structure facts.
- Specific notes for Crazy Mod features are located in “The source for the mod” and then “wParam's crazy mod 1.1” at the top.

I have an entire pile of shorts that have been ruined by this website.

Enjoy, guys.

@Dan Salvato , @Jorgasms , @ flieskiller flieskiller , @zankyou , @Starreaver1 , @Wooggle , @ Doq Doq , @Sham Rock , @DRGN , @Myougi , @standardtoaster , @CeLL

Last edited:

ssknight7

Smash Apprentice
Woot I was close to piecing this together, but this will definitely help. The part I'm now somewhat struggling with is properly hooking the Gecko code handler after injecting it.

dw42s

Smash Rookie
Excited for 20XX TE and after learning about wParam's website, I jumped on this opportunity to try and make my own save file to run some fun codes.
Originally I was going to try it the same way wParam did: GCNrd, broadband adapter, and SD Media Launcher to load the .dol files. Sadly this plan was shot down as soon as I found my SDML not working at all and I have limited idea as to how gecko codes work. Week later and I thought about the POKE codes wParam described, and thought "oh so those could work as gecko codes". So I collected some codes I wanted to run. C stick in 1P mode, default tournament settings, and that cool battlefield background from singleplayer. Converted them to POKE codes, ran them through mkssbm, got a bunch of POKE codes, ran them through a find and replace program that replaced "POKE 80" with "04". The gecko code kept crashing my Wii but I was able to run it on dolphin. I made the memory card, transferred it onto a memory card via GCMM and it worked.... sorta. The only codes that worked were the codes that were only one line (C Stick in 1P Mode and Singleplayer Battlefield background) and trying to enter names and change the rumble resulted in a crash. But I'm pretty satisfied for first time screwing around with code creation. Im wondering what are the best places to look to learn more about this, how would I go about running more advanced codes via the memory card hack?

Sooux

Smash Rookie
Finally i got everything in place (had trouble with dios mios) but the game frooze which i already knew but is it possible to fix it?

Note: playing on .iso cause of the orginal disc is pal

Doq

Smash Lord
Finally i got everything in place (had trouble with dios mios) but the game frooze which i already knew but is it possible to fix it?

Note: playing on .iso cause of the orginal disc is pal
Crazy Mod crashes 100% of the time on Nintendont. Using a real memory card should fix this.

Sooux

Smash Rookie
Crazy Mod crashes 100% of the time on Nintendont. Using a real memory card should fix this.
I dont use nintendont and im using a wii memory card... but somehow It can show the gamecube memory...

Last edited:

Sooux

Smash Rookie
I dont use nintendont and im using a wii memory card... but somehow It can show the gamecube memory...
Edit: i made it to work but as soon I put the controller in lets say port 4... the game either freeze or crashes

Squelchyman

Smash Cadet
All,

At the end of last week, @f00 , sent me an interesting PM about wParam’s memory card exploit. In his message he basically stated, “…and I read about the exploit on wParam’s old website….”. Of course, my immediate response was….WHAT website!?!?

So now I am here to present:

wParam’s SSBM Website
- Contains notes about how he created the memory card exploit, and some general game function notes and object structure facts.
- Specific notes for Crazy Mod features are located in “The source for the mod” and then “wParam's crazy mod 1.1” at the top.
I dunno if you're the right person to ask but is there any way that I could add gecko codes through dolphin or something else instead of having to buy a broadband adapter? I mean, like so that I could create the file through dolphin then transfer the save file to a real memory card maybe through the wii?

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
I dunno if you're the right person to ask but is there any way that I could add gecko codes through dolphin or something else instead of having to buy a broadband adapter? I mean, like so that I could create the file through dolphin then transfer the save file to a real memory card maybe through the wii?
What? Why would you need a broadband adapter lol? Just homebrew your wii and get the Gecko OS or something.

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
Its not really all that hard anymore, all you need is a 2gb SD card.

Squelchyman

Smash Cadet
Yeah, sorry, I have home-brewed my Wii but I just looked at that guy's old website and it said that you need a broadband adapter for gamecube to add gecko codes. What I'm asking is could I save the Gecko Codes onto a memory card save slot so that I could play melee with the codes on it on a normal gamecube with the codes still on it as this mod does.

Last edited:

Squelchyman

Smash Cadet
Does anyone know how I could create my own version of crazy mod by injecting some gecko codes into a .cgi file to put on my memory card?

Meleenooby

Smash Rookie
is there any way i can spawn red koopa or green koopas, ik on the action replay debug menu u can, but on this crazy mod menu u cant. is there a item id For red koopas or green koopas so that i can spawn them using dpad drop?

abysspartyy

Smash Cadet
Has anyone taken a look at the Ultra Edition by Ultralisk27? It's a bunch of code that builds on top of the crazy mod edition. Some examples include (taken from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Efk3lNm8RaQ):

"--Multi-Man Mode with the Wireframes.

--Made it possible for the match to end after Master Hand is KOed, not Crazy Hand, I still haven't figured how to get him to work yet.

--Players 5 and 6 don't share data with other players, they now have their own.

--You can adjust the player HUD to your liking (Like how you can have the two player HUD to resemble single player mode, like the Marth and Roy fight). Or have no HUD at all!

--Added a full stage selection, all properly named.

--Made it possible to recreate 1-P Mode battles and have the match end with the Classic Mode result screen.

--999 HP for Stamina is functional and doesn't freeze at a certain point now."

All of the code can be found here: https://www.brandonwashington.me/ssbm-crazymod-ue

Just sharing with everyone if anyone is interested.

BornagainBeliever777

Smash Rookie

The Crazy Mod is a modified save file that load custom settings on a vanilla Gamecube & Melee game. It is not Melee with anything new or custom but a new and unique way of playing this game.

You can set up to spawn items on demand directly in your hand to use, have custom stats (size, ratio) available to switch, a nice save feature for up to 100 settings to simply load, choose characters and play.

I am in no way affiliated with the original creator of that mod , all credit goes to him: wparam. I am just showing this for the public to see and appreciate. It is a very obscure mod that needs more love.

Requirement:
• A memory card with 22 available blocks (11 x 2: SSBM + Hack save)
• Super Smash Bros. Melee 1.02 (1.00 will surely not work)
• A Gamecube or Wii + Dios Mios (lite) (Save/load feature will not work through .iso loading)
• Wii + Homebrew Channel + SD card/USB + GameCube Memory Card manager http://wiibrew.org/wiki/GCMM
(any settings to put a Gamecube save to a memory card, I'll show here the simplest way with a Wii and an SD card)
• The Crazy Mod save file (or my own Save File , based on the file in this .rar but with already saved settings, see "my own save file" spoiler for all the custom settings I have already)

CrzMod.rar contains both version 1.0 and 1.1 of the Crazy Mod. There are 2 extensions of files: GCI and GCS. For some people, the GCS will be better for what they'll use, but we will use the GCI type for the GGCM apps.

With a few exceptions, the 1.1 version is superior with easier interface and more settings available. My save file is based on version 1.1 .

Installing the Crazy Mod (Instruction to place the save file on a Memory Card):

1. Place the GCMM application in your apps folder on your SD card.
2. Create a MCBACKUP folder on the root of your SD card.
3. Place the SSBMmod11.gci file inside the MCBACKUP folder.
- My .rar file contains 2 files, send both in the MCBACKUP folder.
4. Go on a wii, with Homebrew Channel, load the GCMM.
5. Press A or B to go on the SD Card or USB (SD card is A button).
6. Choose the restore button and the Memory Card slot you use.
7. Choose the file(s) to store on the memory card.
- If you choose my save file to restore, both files must be sent on the memory card.

After the file(s) copied, all is set, you can now play the Crazy Mod on your Gamecube!

notes:
• My save file's name is "01-GALE-DuperSmashBros0110290334_01.gci". The "Duper" is the save file created by the Crazy Mod to save all data in its save/load feature. The "SSBMmod11.gci" and "01-GALE-SuperSmashBros0110290334_00.gci" are in fact the same, but to be sure to work and for simplicity, I decided to mix them both and ask the user to choose either of .rar file.

Entering the Crazy Mod

• After entering into Melee's menu, go to VS mode and to Name Entry, you will execute the hack and you will enter into the Crazy mod. (In a similar way to this)
• The game will return to the last page (Start screen if you didn't open any "choose your character" sub-menu) and the replacements will be executed.
• The main changes are: The Melee button now goes to the debug menu, and Single Button does not start game anymore, it will just load settings to the debug menu (will talk more about that later, see GRAPHICSELECT in the Debug Menu spoiler).

IMPORTANT: Do not open the Name Entry menu while the Memory Card is saving, it may corrupt the memory card! It happened to me once, so be careful.

notes:
• The high scores, before loading the hack file, are considered in the basic save, and after loading the hack file, it loads all "default" high scores and settings.
• As a personal challenge, I decided to make the Classic Mode with all characters at Very Hard, 5 stocks no continue, in which you can see if you choose my save file. (As a proof, I have unlocked G&W without finishing the Break the Target with all characters).

Playing the Crazy Mod

Opening the Debug Menu, you will see these menu choices down below (spoiler will contain information on each parts of the Debug Menu).

If you need help to understand Hexadecimal Addition, check the "SC WORD" Category in Versus Mode -> Fight.

You can quickly move in the debug menu by using the c-stick or holding the R button. All controller ports can move in the menu.

When I write "root" or "root menu", I mean the basic debug menu. If I press B on the root debug menu, It will take me to the Start Screen, in case people wonder what "root" means.

When playing with CPUs 5 and 6 in team games, the CPUs will get color settings from player 3 and 4, so their color might be not of their team. I suggest playing with Sub Color of CPUs to Black or Grey, so you can differentiate them from players, I suggest picking different characters though. The stages I suggest are grey for FD/Battlefield/FoD, and black for Yoshi Story/Dreamland. More information on this in the "6 players settings" spoiler below.

IMPORTANT: To start the match, you need to press "Start" in the Versus Mode -> Fight menu, not anywhere else.

Debug Menu
Versus Mode >
Fight >
This menu is the basic character selection/modification menu. This is the menu that you press "Start" to start the match with the settings.

Description of each categories:

GRAPHICSELECT: This will open the Single-Button page. From this page, it is easy to choose the character color and stage from there. After selecting the stage, you will be prompt back to the debug menu with the characters/stage you selected.

Settings kept from Single-Button: Free-for-all or Team Battle, characters, color, CPU level, stage.

CHAR SELECT: Choose the character for each players. All 26 characters, random, Solo Popo, Sandbag, both wire fighters, Giga Bowser, both Hands (Master Hand needs p3 to attack, Crazy Hand needs p4 to attack)

SCALE SELECT: Changes the size of the character, in a similar way to Tiny/Giant Melee and the mushrooms

KIND SELECT: Choose between Human, CPU, DEMO (playable computer) and none.

COLOR SELECT: Choose manually the color. Can be used to make multiple players have the same character and color.

- SUB COLOR: 1 light shade, 2 dark shade, 3 completely black, 4 completely grey, 5 and above crashes the game

DAMAGE SET: Starting damage at the start of each stocks, like the handicap system in Brawl.

OFFENCE/DEFENCE RATIO: Multiplies the number to the knockback, higher offence = stronger hits, lower defence = more resistance to hits.

Compared to the handicap sysem, you can change the offence and defence individually and set custom numbers to each players.

CPUTYPE SET: Change the AI of the computer: More info here

CPULEVEL SET: Change the level of the CPU. You might want to change it if you play Ice Climber, I heard Nana is better if the AI level is higher (Change to 1 per default when selecting Ice Climbers in the select character screen)

TEAM SELECT: Choose the team for all players. Choices are: Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Grey (see 6 players for more info)

STAGE: Choose the Stage.

• The stages starting with 'T' is the training stage for the corresponding character.
• The stages starting with a number is the Adventure Mode with their custom settings, for instance: 6-2 means the amount of Arwing will be way higher, 7 will have only Pokéballs dropping (though it is customizeable, see items menu).
• Aerial Arena is a special stage with multiple modifications possible. See the SC WORD 2 and root -> MORESTUFF categories.

MELEEKIND: Choice between Battle Royal (Free for all) or Team Battle.

SAVE/LOAD: Allow to save and load all settings that are set, to be loaded later.
INDEX: the Unique ID of the save file. There is up to 101 choices (0 to 100), and moving through them by moving left and right when hovering on the index.

CIND: It's the case in which you're modifying the letter. This allow to put a name for each saves you're placing in an index. The names are up to 13 letters long.

CHAR: This number is changing the letter placed in that CIND. Some numbers here do nothing, but here is a guideline of the most important numbers.
00 Hide the rest of the letters, making the letters to the right of the "00" unseen.
24 is the start of special characters, starting with '$'.
30 is the start of the numbers.
41 is the start of the letters.

SAVE/LOAD: Pressing this will save or load the settings. There is no confirmation, so be careful when going through these 2 buttons. Tell your friends to not touch anything when going in this, as all players can control the debug menu in the Crazy Mod.

These two numbers, SC WORD 1 and SC WORD 2, are hexadecimal numbers that allow to change settings affecting the game in general. Hexadecimal numbers go from 0 to F, with a total of 16 numbers. so 1 + 2 + 4 + 8 = 10 (the '1' in 10 means 16, 20 = 32 etc.). The numbers are adding up, so mutiple settings can be input at the same time.

For instance, if I want in SC WORD 1 to have fixed camera enabled, items never dissapear and players are invisible, I would put 80 + 40 + 08 = C8.
SC WORD 1:
01: super mushrooms are deadly.
02: Small mushrooms are deadly.
04: Any damage is deadly. (The starting damage set is the max damage before losing a stock, so if you start at 50% and heal yourself, you won't get instantly KO'd until 51%)
08: Players are invisible. Models are not drawn but effects like smoke and shadow are still seen. Can also be toggled through a D-pad command (see D-pad menu)
10: Items are invisible. There is still a graphical effect where an item is spawning.
20: D-pad moves cost coins instead of health. The D-pad menu have a setting that makes the player take damage to activate the effet. However, that SC WORD setting replace % with coins from a coin match. If you don't have any money, you can't use the effect.
40: Items never disappear. They will stay until the match ends (or thrown out of the field).
80: Fixed camera enabled

SC WORD 2:
01: Stage locked. The stage will not change with the GRAPHICSELECT screen, useable if your custom settings are set for a specific map (I have few of them in my save file, if you want some example for this SC WORD setting).
02: Top and bottom of Aerial Arena wrap around.
04: Sides of Aerial Arena wrap around.
08: Infinite 3rd jumps/air dodges. Remove the SpecialFall state after the special (up-b, side-b) and air dodge moves.
10: Players stuck to the floor. The characters can't jump while they touch the floor. If they are knocked in the air, they can jump before touching the ground again.
20: Item steal enabled. Right after grabbing the opponent, by holding b, you will steal the opponent's item (if you don't have one). Can't steal Crate items.
40: Hot mr.saturn potato enabled.
• If the seconds timer is at :X0 or :X5 and you hold a Mr. Saturn, you die instantly.
• Throwing a Mr. Saturn on somebody will forces him to catch it, even in the air.
• Catching a Mr. Saturn will make the catcher asleep for a short duration.

80: Fancy throwing enabled. The yellow c-stick will allow to throw hold items at any angle instead of the 4 cardinal angles. You must hold the direction until the item is thrown.

RULE
RULE: choice between TIME, STOCK, COIN, BONUS.
TIME (MIN): Set the game timer, minute field.
TIME (SEC): Set the game timer, seconds field.
Stock(CNT): Set the starting amount of stocks.
DAMAGERATIO: Set the damage ratio, same as in the custom rules menu. However, the limit is bigger, instead of 0.5 to 2.0 the limits are now 0.00 to 20.00
PLAYER FLAGS: IN VERSION 1.1, THIS FIELD DOESN'T WORK. If you want to use these, you need the version 1.0 of Crazy Mod (included in this topic). Still, here are the changes possible:
0x01 Stamina mode
0x02 No Talking
0x04 Low Gravity
0x08 Invisible (permanent cloaking device)
0x10 Black Stock Icon
0x20 Metal (permanent metal box)
0x40 Start the match on floating platform (visual effect only)
0x80 Controller rumble enabled
ITEM SWITCH: How frequent the items will appear. There are 2 new frequencies:
Crazy. In average, more than 1 item per second
Likerain. In less than 2 seconds, drop the maximum amount of items possible
SCORE DISP: Useful in Time mode, show the score of the players. In stock mode, show remaining stock (in addition to the icons...)

MORE ->
This is the same as the MORE RULES in the root menu.

Item Switch
5P/6P TEAM: When the 5 and 6 CPUs are activated, these fields choose their team color in a team battle.
BIG MUSH: (Default 1.81) Change the size ratio of the super Mushroom.
SMALL MUSH: (Default 0.5) Change the size ratio of the Small Mushroom.
ITEMCRAPER: For this to work, you must have the DPAD DROP at on and items drop set to middle or higher.
This allow the D-PAD DROP item to fall at a given interval instead of when the button is pressed by the player.

PKMN TYPE: Change the type of Pokémon that will appear from a Pokéball. This is not a hexadecimal number, so only 1 Pokémon can be activated at a time.
0. Random (default)
1. Goldeen
2. Chikorita
3. Snorlax
4. Blastoise
5. Weezing
6. Charizard
7. Moltres
8. Zapdos
9. Articuno
10. Wobuffet
11. Scizor
12. Unown
13. Entei
14. Raikou
15. Suicune
16. Bellossom
17. Voltorb
18. Lugia
19. Ho-Oh
20. Ditto (with his super uppercut)
21. Clefairy
22. Togepi
23. Mew
24. Celebi
25. Staryu
26. Chansey
27. Porygon2
28. Cyndaquil
29. Marill
30. Venusaur

DPAD DROP: Item drop must be set to middle or higher for this to work. This boolean will activate the ITEMTYPEX (X = number of player), making that item drop above the player's head.

ITEM: The five following fields are the item apparition hexadecimal numbers. These allow to remove capsule and crates (something you couldn't do in Melee, only in Brawl and Sm4sh) and allow only specific items, including the secret POW block.

New item: POW block. This cube with a red skin will hit all opponents toward the ceiling for 50% if they touch the ground when a player takes the block.

ITEM 0X04:
01. Metal Box
02. Cloaking Device
04. Pokéball
08. POW block (description above)

ITEM 0X03:
01. Fan
02. Fire flower
04. Super mushroom
08. Poison mushroom
10. Hammer
20. Warp star
40. Screw attack
80. Bunny hood

ITEM 0X02:
01. Ray gun
02. Freezie
04. Food
08. Motion-sensor mine
10. Flipper
20. Super scope
40. Star rod
80. Lipstick

ITEM 0X01:
01. Heart
02. Maxim tomato
04. Starman
08. Homerun bat
10. Beam sword
20. Parasol
40. Green shell
80. Red shell

ITEM 0X00:
01. Capsule
02. Crate
04. Barrel
08. Egg (capsule, used in Yoshi levels)
10. Party ball
20. Barrel cannon
40. Bob-omb
80. Mr. Saturn

ITEMTYPE:

ITEMTYPE1 = player 1, ITEMTYPE 2 = player 2 etc. Don't forget the item drop set to middle or higher.

With DPAD DROP to on, the player will be able to drop the item set in this field above his head by pressing the D-PAD down (D-pad up is taunt, in case people might try joystick down and wonder why it doesn't work).

The number is hexadecimal, based on the list in the spoiler below. However, a special rule applies to these fields.

By choosing an item and adding 40 to the number, the d-pad will drop that item AND the next one on the list.
By adding 80, you will also drop the next 2 items.
by adding C0, you will also drop the next 3 items.
For instance, I want to drop the fire flower, super mushroom and poison mushroom, the fire flower is 13, so 80 + 13 = 93.

ITEMTYPE list:
00. Capsule
01. Crate
02. Barrel
03. Egg (capsule, used in Yoshi levels)
04. Party ball
05. Barrel cannon
06. Bob-omb
07. Mr. Saturn
08. Heart
09. Maxim tomato
0A. Starman
0B. Homerun bat
0C. Beam sword
0D. Parasol
0E. Green shell
0F. Red shell
10. Ray gun
11. Freezie
12. Food
13. Motion-sensor mine
14. Flipper
15. Super scope
16. Star rod
17. Lipstick
18. Fan
19. Fire flower
1A. Super mushroom
1B. Poison mushroom
1C. Hammer
1D. Warp star
1E. Screw attack
1F. Bunny hood
20. Metal Box
21. Cloaking Device
22. Pokéball

28. Flying Hammer Head (sometimes crash the game)
2A. Yoshi Egg (like the Event 13)
2B. Goomba
2C. Redead (zombie from Zelda series, appear in the Underground Maze)
2D. Octorok (octopus that shoots rocks from the Zelda series)
2E. Otosea (also called Topi, the furry ball from Ice Climbers game)
2F. Projectile of Octorok (which is falling toward the player, harming anyone)
D-Pad Moves >
The d-pad moves are an action when a player is pressing any of the 3 directions of the d-pad (taunt is excluded).

D-pad down will also proc if the d-pad down action is at "on" in the ITEM SWITCH menu. Both will drop items.

DAMAGE: The amount received when using an action. If the SC WORD 1, flag 20 is set, this is the coin price to use an item.
DURATION: Unused, does nothing.
DELAY: Cooldown of using an item again. The number is the number of frames, and the number is in hexadecimal. There is 60 frame in a second.

For instance, the default number is 300, so 300 hex is 768 in decimal, 768 / 60 = 12.8 seconds, that means you can't use any d-pad actions for 12.8 seconds after you've used one. Here is a link to a converter: http://www.mathsisfun.com/binary-decimal-hexadecimal-converter.html

LEFT, RIGHT, DOWN, L+LEFT etc. Are all items/actions that can be put and be used by any players. All 9 choices can be different, and they are set based on this list:
02: Used for debug, no applications
03: Toggle your slot to/from CPU control
04: Become visible
05: Become invisible
06: Bob-omb
07: Mr. saturn
08: super mushroom in hand (to throw with Z button)
09: Poison mushroom in hand (to throw with Z button)
10: Starman
11: Home-run Bat
12: Beam sword
13: Umbrella
14: Green shell
15: Red shell
16: Ray gun
17: Freezie
18: Use POW block effect
19: Motion-sensor mine
20: Flipper
21: Super scope
22: Star rod
23: Lipstick
24: Fan
25: Fire flower
26: super mushroom
27: Poison mushroom
28: Hammer
29: Warp star
30: Screw attack
31: Rabbit hood
32: Metal box
33: Cloaking device
34: Pokéball
35: Clear all status effects (like freeze)
36: Toggle slot 1 to/from CPU
37: Toggle slot 2 to/from CPU
38: Toggle slot 3 to/from CPU
39: Toggle slot 4 to/from CPU
40: Hammer head
Morestuff >
AERIAL ARENA
These changes only affect the Aerial Arena Stage (1st stage in the stage list)

FOV: (default 30) Field of View, no need to change it
DEPTH: (default 550) How far the camera is
WIDTH: (default 230) How large the fighting zone is
HEIGHT: (default 185) How high the fighting zone is.
ITEM DURATION
This submenu changes the duration of all items on the players. Duration is in frames, number is decimal (ie. 600 = 10 seconds)

STAR: doesn't seem to change anything (default 600).
SHROOM: (default 480)
BUNNY: (default 720)
METAL: (default 700)
CLOAK: (default 600)
HAMMER: (default 450)

DOPPELGANGERS:
This field is a little unique. At the start of the level, a clone of you, controlled by a computer, will fight to the death. They do not count at the final score, have 1 stock, and are gone when defeated. They will use the AI selected for that player, so they can act in many ways. See my save file list #29 (Nana for all) to see an example of what can be done with this.

Even though you can go up to 20 doppelgangers, the Gamecube has its limits, so if you push that RAM/processor limit, the Gamecube might crash of overload.
DBLEVEL: This field can enable the DEVELOP setting of the game. This goes beyond this topic.
Six Flag: see "6 Players settings" below for more info.
Six Scores: This activate the interface to show 6 players in the score and percentage of players, used for 6 players matches. If a game starts without Sic Scores, that match will show 4 players, then the next games will have this field enabled. (It is enabled at the first game, but the setting is activated too late and 4 players interface is loaded instead).

MORE RULES ->
SPEED: Control the speed of the game, like Lightning and Slo-mo Melee.
F.F.: Friendly Fire
MUSHST: If set to on, the Mushrooms buffs will stay infinitely until the player loses his stock.
INFJMP: Infinite 2nd jump. However, if the player uses his 3rd jump/air dodge, he will go in SpecialFall. This can be prevented with the SC WORD 2, number 08 to have a real infinite aerial mobility.
CONTROL: The number set makes that player number control that character.
ie. if "P2: 1", the Player 1 will control both his character and P2's character.
STOCK DELTA: This field add/substract the player's stock with that number, allowing different stocks to different characters.
ie. If amount of stocks is 4 and "P1: -1" and "P2: 2", Player 1 will have 3 stocks and Player 2 will have 6 stocks.
KILFLG: Same as SC WORD 1. See VERSUS MODE->FIGHT submenu.
POW FQ: (default 4) Set the POW block frequency. This item's drop rate in % is dependant of the rest of the items, so it must be set manually.
ie. If I have only Fire Flowers and Hammers activated, they will both have a drop rate of %50. If I only have Fire flowers and POW blocks, the flower will have 96% and the POW block will have a drop rate of 4%.

6 Players Settings
The Crazy Mod allows the user to easily and fully add 2 CPUs in addition to the 4 human players (no, not 6 human players).

The P5 takes settings from P3, and P6 is copying settings from P4. This means anywhere these CPUs settings aren't set directly, they will copy from P3 and P4. However, by changing the "SIX FLAG" setting in the root debug menu, this is where things get confusing: The P3 will copy P1, P4 will copy P2, P5 will take settings from P3 and P6 will take setings from P4. I made a graphic to show who gives info to who (Arrow means give info to):

SIX FLAG: 1 (default)

To explain where the settings are, I will assume the SIX FLAG is set at 1, because you will only need the SIX FLAG at 0 in rare moments. I have an example using "SIX FLAG: 0", check my save file #10 "4vs2 giants".

So here is all the location of the settings of the CPU 5 and 6:

VERSUS MODE/FIGHT
• CHAR SELECT allows the user to set the character directly to the CPUs.
• KIND/SUB COLOR: Both CPUs are chosen together. KIND is the "ALL PKIND" and SUB COLOR is the < SUB COLOR > field. The subcolor is useful while doing teams including the CPUs.
• The rest in this submenu will copy as the SIX FLAG dictates.

The last setting, outside of that submenu:
• Teams: To set the team, go in root/ITEM SWITCH, the first 2 fields are the 5P team and 6P team. Having up to 5 team colors (Green, Red, Blue, Yellow, Grey) Can allow all players to be free for all, except the computers together for instance. I have an example in my save file: I have put both computers enabled and in team yellow in my save file, setting #0 "PKMN battle".

My own save file
link to my save file

I will list all changes I made for each custom games. The default is like the tournament settings (stock mode, 4 stocks, friendly fire on, 8 minutes).

I have saved the default settings as number 100, and default tournament settings as number 99 (for quick access)

If it is different from the tournament setting, it will be indicated. The changes I write in the spoilers below assume the players will go through the Character select screen, because there might be some CPUs and characters already selected that will be replaced with the select screen. The exception is the CPU level because any closed slot or human player will make the CPU level set to 1.

ITEM 0X00/01/02/03/04 will be at default all "00", and indicated if any items are dropped.

When listing all the custom changes, I will go in order to start in VERSUS MODE/FIGHT, then VERSUS MODE/RULE, then continue in the root folder.

All of this is directly accessible by using my save file, this is more of an information page about what is changed.

If you have any requests, just ask me in the topic and I'll add them to my list to make an official "custom game save file".

0-4
PKMN battle, PKMN Hyrule, 3 melee wep, Mr. Saturn, shrooms invi
0. PKMN battle
This custom game is a Pokéball fight on the Stadium! Fight against up to 3 friends, and against Pikachu and Pichu to see who's the strongest Trainer!
If Team Battle is activated, both Pikachu and Pichu (CPU 5 and 6) Will be together in the Yellow team.

FIGHT:
• STAGE: PKMNSTADIUM
• SC WORD 2: 01 (to lock Pokémon Stadium)

RULE:
• DAMAGERATIO: 1.5

ITEM SWITCH:

MORE RULES:

1. PKMN Hyrule
The Pokéball battle is set in Hyrule Temple this time. However, this is more dangerous as the Damage Ratio is way higher and the Pokéballs fall like crazy!.

The players can now throw in any directions with the fancy throwing.

FIGHT:
• STAGE: HYRULECSTLE
• SC WORD 2: 81 (to lock Temple and Fancy Throwing)

RULE:
• DAMAGERATIO: 4.0

ITEM SWITCH:

MORE RULES:

2. Mr. Saturn
Hot Potato Mr. Saturn game! Do not hold a Mr. Saturn in your hand at 0 or 5 seconds on the timer or you're toast! And try throwing them to your opponents.

FIGHT:
• CPUTYPE SET: CPTP_ITEM (CPUs will fight, but go catch the Mr. Saturn when they will spawn)
• SC WORD 2: C0 (Mr. Saturn activated, items never dissapear)

RULE:

ITEM SWITCH:
• ITEM 0X00: 80

MORE RULES:

3. 3 melee wep
First custom game using the "d-pad moves" submenu, this allow all the players to pull a weapon out of nowhere to use in a swordfight!

You can also steal your opponent's weapon by pressing B right after grabbing him.

FIGHT:
• CPUTYPE SET: CPTP_ITEM (They will go after any items the human players have thrown and landed on the ground)

D-PAD MOVES:
• DAMAGE: 25
• DELAY: (2C0) 11.73 seconds
• LEFT: (13) Umbrella
• RIGHT: (24) Fan
• DOWN: (12) Beam Sword

4. Shrooms Invi
Invisible super Mushrooms drops, and the effect stacks indefinitively. Be careful where they drop, and Collect them to become stronger than your opponents.

In case you become too big for your liking, you can use d-pad down to reduce yourself.

Secret for you:
When a Mushroom spawns, they will always move toward the middle, that means they can never spawn to the right of the stage then go right.

FIGHT:
• SC WORD 1: 10 (items are invisible)

RULE:
• ITEM SWITCH: HIGH

ITEM SWITCH:
• BIG MUSH: 1.31
• SMALL MUSH: 0.44
• ITEM 0X03: 04 (super mushroom)

D-PAD MOVES:
• DOWN: (27) Poison Mushroom

MORE RULES:
• MUSHST: ON

5-9
Shroomstack, buffs, throw, cash shop, 3v3
5. Shroomstack
In this Custom Game, the super Musrooms stays and grows the characters really fast! However, the players can spawn a Poison Mushroom in their hand to throw (Z button) to their opponent to make them smaller if they are too big to their liking.

Both mushrooms spawn, so be careful when taking one.

RULE:

ITEM SWITCH:
• BIG MUSH: 1.5
• ITEM 0X03: 0C (super mushroom, Poison mushroom)

D-PAD MOVES:
• DOWN: (27) super Mushrooms

MORE RULES:
• MUSTST: ON

6. buffs
This custom gives 3 different buffs to each player to use at their maximum potential

ITEM SWITCH:
• BIG MUSH: 2.00

D-PAD MOVES:
• DELAY: (200) 8.5 seconds
• LEFT: (31) Bunny Hood
• RIGHT: (32) Metal Box
• DOWN: (26) super Mushroom

MORESTUFF/ITEM DURATION:
• SHROOM: 150
• BUNNY: 240
• METAL: 210

7. Throw
All players have a various amount of items available as throwable items.

ITEM SWITCH:
• PKMN TYPE: (27) Porygon2

D-PAD MOVES:
• DELAY: (38B) 15 seconds
• L + LEFT: (30) Screw Attack
• L + RIGHT: (15) Red Shell
• L + DOWN: (34) Pokéball
• R + LEFT: (17) Freezie
• R + RIGHT: (19) Motion-sensor mine
• R + DOWN: (34) Pokéball

8. Cash shop
Using the Coin mode and buying strong items

FIGHT:
• SC WORD 1: 20 (D-pad down costs coins instead of damage)

RULE:
• RULE: Coin mode
• STOCK: 3

D-PAD MOVES:
• DAMAGE (coin cost): 50
• DELAY: (280) 10.6 seconds
• LEFT: (6) Bob-omb
• RIGHT: (28) Hammer
• DOWN: (22) Star rod

MORESTUFF/ITEM DURATION:
• HAMMER: 300

9. 3v3
Having Player 5 and 6 Set up for a 3v3. You can simply change the teams to make a 2v2v2 or 4v2 or 3v2v1.

The things to change from the computer between each games:
CHAR SELECT
CPULEVEL SET
SUB COLOR (according to the stage to see the comps, Black subcolor in Battlefield is too difficult)

FIGHT:
• KIND SELECT: ALL PKIND: GM_CPU
• SUB COLOR: <SUB COLOR> 3

ITEM SWITCH:
• 5P_TEAM: BLUE-TEAM

MORE RULES:

10-14
4vs2 giants, mad food, only food, heal race, air arena 1
10. 4vs2 giants
With the Six Flag to 0. CPUs settings are set at player 3 and 4. Before starting the game, verify the player 3 and 4 are Team Grey (or a different team from the rest, grey is cooler though). P5 and P6 are set to RED-TEAM.

The best is to select characters without the graphicselect, just in the CHAR SELECT, choose the stage and start, as the graphicselect will make more changes than needed and will need some readjustments.

CPUs are giants hit harder, are bigger, and have 1 stock. Players have 2 stocks each.

FIGHT:
• SCALE SELECT
- SCALE__3: 2.0
- SCALE__4: 2.0
• KIND SELECT: ALL PKIND: HUMAN (this is needed for player 3 and 4 as humans)
• SUB COLOR: <SUB COLOR> 4 (Affects CPUs 5 and 6 even with the SiX Flag at 0...)
• OFFENCE RATIO
- OFFRATIO_3: 1.5
- OFFRATIO_4: 1.5

RULE:

ITEM SWITCH:
• 5P_TEAM: RED-TEAM

MORE RULES:
STOCK DELTA:
P5: -1
P6: -1

11. mad food
Food is everywhere in this custom game. Party balls full of food and Pokéballs that summon chanseys distributing full of delicious eggs!

RULE:

ITEM SWITCH:

12. only food
This small custom setting is to activate the food drop from the shy guys in Yoshi Story.

RULE:

ITEM SWITCH:

13. heal race
Minigame time! We're doing a 4p Party: Which player can heal the fastest then suicide? Let's the fastest win.

Rule: Heal fast, then suicide. The first to suicide after healing to 0% wins, and the last survivor is the loser. The players can verify 300% was healed in the stats in the winner screen in case someone doubt the other got to 0% and tried to cheat.

Special Stage: "7pstadium" makes that only Pokéballs drop in the stage, players must heal from eggs.

Handicap possible: take a slower item picker, taken from Mew2King dump info:
Best/Average: the 21 characters not mentioned

Pickup Speed: 2 frames

Below Average: Captain Falcon / Ganondorf / Marth / Roy

Pickup Speed: 3 frames

Worst: Mr. Game and Watch

Pickup Speed: 4 frames

Total Time: 11 frames

FIGHT:
• DAMAGE SET: 300 (to all players)
• CPUTYPE SET: CPTP_ONLYITEM (CPUs plays the minigame too, but doesn't suicide at the end)

RULE:
• TIME(MIN): 0
• STOCK(CNT): 1

ITEM SWITCH:
• FLAGS: 20 (Players can't interac)

14. air arena 1

FIGHT:
• SC WORD 1: 80 (fixed camera enabled)
• SC WORD 2: 09 (Stage locked, infinite 3rd jump/air dodges)

RULE:

MORESTUFF/AERIAL ARENA:

MORE RULES:

15-19
Air Arena 2, Shroom bomb, NUKE+HEAL2v2, (blank), SURVIVALDPAD
15. Air Arena 2

FIGHT:
• SC WORD 1: 84 (fixed camera enabled, top and bottom warp)
• SC WORD 2: 8B (Stage locked, infinite 3rd jump/air dodges, fancy throwing enabled)

RULE:

D-PAD MOVES:
• DELAY: (100) 4.27 seconds
• RIGHT: (20) Flipper

MORESTUFF/AERIAL ARENA:

MORE RULES:

16. Shroom bomb
Another minigame! With d-pad down (no cooldown), deadly mushrooms appear over your head. Move toward your opponent and drop your deadly swarm of shrooms to kick him out instantly without being touched by them.

To compensate for that super dangerous power, all players have infinite aerial mobility (2nd/3rd jump/air dodges)

FIGHT:
• SC WORD 1: 01 (Super mushrooms are deadly)
• SC WORD 2: 08 (infinite 2nd/3rd jump/air dodges)

RULE:

ITEM SWITCH:
• ITEMTYPE: 1A (for all players)

MORE RULES:

17. NUKE+HEAL2v2
Custom game where teamwork and timing is even more important! Made for 2 vs 2, where a player has a food dispenser and the other player has a strong nuke which can deal massive amount of damage.

How it works:
• Player 1 & 2 vs 3 & 4
• All players drop an item above their head with d-pad down.
• Player 1 and 3 have an Octorok projectile, Player 2 and 4 drop Food above their head.
• Both items affect all players, so be careful to not hit your ally and yourself with your rocks, and be careful to not drop free food to your enemies.

RULE:

ITEM SWITCH:
• ITEMTYPE1: 2F
• ITEMTYPE2: 12
• ITEMTYPE3: 2F
• ITEMTYPE4: 12

MORE RULES:
• F.F.: OFF (focusing on a 2v2 while managing items may be too difficult, I chose to remove F.F. for now.)

18. (blank)
Nothing here

19. SURVIVALDPAD
This custom game gives 3 tools to help recover to all players.

D-PAD MOVES:
• LEFT: (31) Bunny hood
• RIGHT: (33) Cloak device
• DOWN: (13) Parasol

MORESTUFF/ITEM DURATION:
• BUNNY: (300) 5 seconds
• CLOAK: (420) 7 seconds

20-24
barrels only, maze settings, guns, powerfuls, zoning items
20. barrels only
This only activate the two items: Barrel and Barrel cannon

RULE:

ITEM SWITCH:
• ITEM 0X00: 24

21. maze settings
This setting makes the adventure stage 3-1, Underground Maze, ready to play. Just choose the characters and start.

FIGHT:
• SC WORD 2: 01 (stage locked)

RULE:
• RULE: TIME MODE
• ITEM SWITCH:
• SCORE DISP: on

MORE RULES:

22. guns
All characters can now be equipped like spacies! Choose your favorite gun and force these animals to use their reflectors to what it's supposed to do.

D-PAD MOVES:
• DAMAGE: 20
• DELAY: (a8B) 45 seconds
• RIGHT: (21) Super scope
• DOWN: (25) Fire flower

23. powerfuls
This custom settings gives all players the strongest items available.

The warp star becomes a super strong recovery tool, useable from under the field to jump back onto it.

D-PAD MOVES:
• DAMAGE: 30
• DELAY: (70B) 30 seconds
• LEFT: (29) Warp star
• RIGHT: (40) Hammer head
• DOWN: (11) Homerun bat

24. zoning items
A favorite of mine. Choose between the Flipper and the Motion-sensor mine to control to limit the space of your opponent(s) around you.

You can also use red shells to wipe out the mines placed strategically by your opponent or to control the ground and combo with it.

D-PAD MOVES:
• DELAY: (2D0) 12 seconds
• LEFT: (15) Red shell
• RIGHT: (19) Motion-sensor mine

25-29
fire N ice, monster rain, 3v1 giant, flowers, Nana for all
25. Fire N ice
You can fight using the Freezie and Fire flower. This sounds like a blue team vs red team ideal teamfight with each their weapon...

You can also use the 3rd command to remove the freeze on you, though it will remove your chance to get another offensive weapon for some time...

D-PAD MOVES:
• DAMAGE: 5
• DELAY: (1C0) 7.4 seconds
• LEFT: (17) Freezie
• RIGHT: (25) Fire flower
• DOWN: (35) Remove status effects

26. Monster rain
This custom game is really starting to be crazy. Every 4 seconds, a random enemy (Goomba, Redead Octorok, Topi) spawns above every player's head, flooding the battle field with all kind of creatures to fight.

RULE:
• ITEM SWITCH: MIDDLE (for "d-pad down" drop to work)

ITEM SWITCH:
• ITEMCRAPER: 239 (It seems that being put to 240 makes the game drop the same creature, but 239 drops a different creature each drop)
• ITEMTYPE: EB = Goomba, Redead Octorok, Topi (for all players)

27. 3v1 giant
These settings are set for a real 1 stronger player vs multiple opponents, each with a role against the giant.

All players (except player 4) have a d-pad down drop. However, all players must be careful, as their items can be picked or used by the opponent.

Player 1 is the giant, being bigger, better stats.
d-pad drop is a metal box to absorb small damage more easily and to punish through them. The metal box's duration is 30 seconds, so you don't have to use one often (and is dangerous if an opponent takes it before you).

Player 2 is the support with his d-pad down dropping food to eat.

Player 3 can drop poison shrooms, being able to shrink the giant for a short duration.

Player 4 Being the warrior of the group, he doesn't have any items, but better stats instead.
IMPORTANT:: Player 4 must not press the d-pad down, or it might crash the game.

FIGHT:
• SCALE SELECT, SCALE__1: 1.62
OFFENCE RATIO
-OFFRATIO_1: 1.75
-OFFRATIO_4: 1.19
DEFENCeRATIO
-DEFRATIO_1: 0.69
-DEFRATIO_4: 0.81

RULE:
• ITEM SWITCH: MIDDLE (for d-pad down to drop items)

ITEM SWITCH:
• ITEMTYPE1: 20 (Metal box)
• ITEMTYPE2: 12 (Food)
• ITEMTYPE3: 18 (Poison mushroom)
• ITEMTYPE4: 26 (spawn a visual effect only, but might crash the game if used)

MORESTUFF/ITEM DURATION:
• SHROOM: (360) 6 seconds
• METAL: (1800) 30 seconds

28. flowers
All type of flowers are available here, with these, spread plantness around you... By using them as weapons, obviously.

ITEM SWITCH:
• PKMN TYPE: 16 (Bellossom)

D-PAD MOVES:
• LEFT: (23) Lip Stick
• RIGHT: (25) Fire Flower
• DOWN: (34) Pokéball (Bellossom)

29. Nana for all
This really cool mode gives a Nana to any character! Always wanted to try shine/dair with Falco with a 2nd Falco following you? Now you can.

This is done by setting the AI to Nana, and the amount of doppelganger to 1.

I have reduced the amount of stocks to 2 because of the mechanic of the game, described below.

Mechanics:
• If both the character and the doppel dies at the same time, the doppel will respawn with the main.
• If the doppel dies alone, the doppel is gone.
• If the main dies, the doppel stays on the field and will reunite with main when he respawns.

FIGHT:
• CPUTYPE SET: CPTP_NANA (for all players)

MORESTUFF/DOPPELGANGER:
• P1 DOPPLE: 1
• P2 DOPPLE: 1
• P3 DOPPLE: 1
• P4 DOPPLE: 1

30-35
Nothing for now.

Links and Files

the part that said "save files" with the link, did that include
a code for the 1.0 and 1.1 crazy mod? because if it did the
page says it's frozen, so i can't get it, may i get the code for
1.0 and 1.1 of the crazy mod? (i'm trying to get it to work on
my dolphin emulater you see

Last edited:

TDRR

Smash Journeyman
Any way to fix this for Nintendont? Even if you can't save it still would be good to run this cool mod, and why using a real memory card fixes the issue?

SinsOfApathy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Psion312
Any way to fix this for Nintendont? Even if you can't save it still would be good to run this cool mod, and why using a real memory card fixes the issue?
It doesn't work because Nintendont virtual memory cards patches the EXI (memory card slot) functions. So, it probably changes the stack frame up.

Last edited:

TDRR

Smash Journeyman
Isn't that stack frame the moment where the exploit takes over? Why do other memory card mods work? I wonder exactly why does DIOS MIOS work and what Nintendont does differently from it.

Might take a look at DM's code later and see if i can do anything. (At best i might be able to break Nintendont's code so much that it just works :chuckle: )

Last edited:

SinsOfApathy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Psion312
Isn't that stack frame the moment where the exploit takes over? Why do other memory card mods work? I wonder exactly why does DIOS MIOS work and what Nintendont does differently from it.

Might take a look at DM's code later and see if i can do anything. (At best i might be able to break Nintendont's code so much that it just works :chuckle: )
It's probably more likely that Crazy Mod is doing something particular that causes it.

The source code is on wParam's site, so it'd probably be best to create a trimmed down implementation that triggers it and then debug from there.

TDRR

Smash Journeyman
I can't do any of that, because i don't have a real gamecube nor a broadband adapter, and wParam states that this has to be done with gcnrd to make SSBM produce the save file, but if i could convert the POKE scripts to a DOL mod then that would be a good enough solution.

Top Bottom