• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Crazy Mod, the Melee modification in a memory card save file

SinsOfApathy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Psion312
I can't do any of that, because i don't have a real gamecube nor a broadband adapter, and wParam states that this has to be done with gcnrd to make SSBM produce the save file, but if i could convert the POKE scripts to a DOL mod then that would be a good enough solution.
You don't need a Broadband Adapter. The only reason he did was for using the PSO Loader. You also can't use a DOL mod, because the POKEs are to the Memory Card region.

You can simply setup the card with a Wii memory card manager, or write to the region with Dolphin (and even use the Decompressed Save State version found around here and hex edit it), then copy out the save file for a Wii to import in.

TDRR

Smash Journeyman
Wouldn't it be simpler if i just transfered the code and stuff to a file that actually works and stub the save/load function? The thing is that i don't even know where the code starts in the .gci, so i don't know where to start.

But meh it really isn't worth this much effort, if anything i just want the moves feature (the one where you can bind any item to a d-pad direction, costing a specified amount of health/coins, and not being able to use it until a specified amount of frames have passed) That would be rad.

Just for the record, the memory card mod i always wanted is something like: 20XXTE+SD Remix Lite's Omega stages and character balances+Crazy Mod's moves feature

TDRR

Smash Journeyman
-snip-
accidentally double posted because of really really really slow internet, oops.

Last edited:

your average dumbass

Smash Rookie
This has probably been talked about to death (and it's been 5 years sense someone has replied) but I was wondering if this works on dolphin?

NinTOONdo

Smash Rookie
Premium
This has probably been talked about to death (and it's been 5 years sense someone has replied) but I was wondering if this works on dolphin?
I was wondering the same thing too. Btw, every time I tried using 20XX to automatically unlock the Crazy Mod for me, using Vanilla Melee's Name Entry just crashes/freezes the game with the Wii's infamous horrible beeping! :(

Top Bottom