• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Create Your Own Stages

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
hmmm.... dosent this pic resemble Sonic stages?

want a hint? spikes!

andrewg

Smash Apprentice
I know I'm just going to end up creating a map with one block for everyone to fight with 99 stock.

I'm also going to create stages that are multiple old stages in one!!!

an interesting stage would be one that you could only die from the top. Do you think we can put water in the stages? Because that would just bbe insane.

Thrull

Smash Cadet
hmmm.... dosent this pic resemble Sonic stages?

want a hint? spikes!
Ooh, are those conveyor belts? I think they are. I thought they were just platforms at first. And I wonder if the down arrow blocks fall when you stand on them?

Magnacor

Smash Ace
What about a level where there is a big square filled with spikes and a small opening at the top? You hit someone into the opening and if they make it out they would have a ton of damage.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I really hope this feature is implemented well in tournament play. I could see it leading to arguments and such.

Voyager

Smash Journeyman
I really hope this feature is implemented well in tournament play. I could see it leading to arguments and such.
It wont be allowed in tournaments.

However, it is mind blowingly awesome.

But, its too bad the stages cant be very visually appealing. I can say "Im gonna make Magicant from Earthbound." It could play like Magicant, but it wont really look like Magicant.

Magnacor

Smash Ace
Ooh, are those conveyor belts? I think they are. I thought they were just platforms at first. And I wonder if the down arrow blocks fall when you stand on them?
I was just wondering that same thing. That would be something along the lines of the idea of Thwomps someone posted earlier, but how would it work? Would you be smashed backwards or would you get flat or what?

susu_atari

Smash Ace
I like the idea of having stationary, tournement-friendly stage hazards. Will make tourneys much more interesting...

Unknownlight

Smash Journeyman
This just in: Different parts take up different amounts of space, so yes, "space remaining" is to avoid lag.

How do I know? Look at the one screenshot where the "space remaining" is partially full. He has a ladder selected. If you look closely at the space bar, you see a bit or red, this, of course, indicates how much space it will take up. And if they were all worth that much, the bar wouldn't be that high.
I'm here to (try) to prove you wrong.
Look at this pic:

You see how even though there is lots of platforms on the stage, the "remaining parts" meter is empty.

Percon

Smash Lord
^ Ah, yes, I never thought of that. However...

If you look here, the remaining parts meter is also empty.

However, I think that one shot of the underground ruin is different. Notice how there are no "red boxes" like in the other one. A red box should represent something that has been placed in the stage, though for the purpose of the update I beleive they removed the red boxes/meter for that one screen for it so be less on an eyesore. That's just my guess, though.

Hellbeing

Smash Journeyman

However, I think that one shot of the underground ruin is different. Notice how there are no "red boxes" like in the other one. A red box should represent something that has been placed in the stage, though for the purpose of the update I beleive they removed the red boxes/meter for that one screen for it so be less on an eyesore. That's just my guess, though.
i believe that is just for the picture so they can show you, they will probably change it and fix it b4 they release the game

VanillaMummy

Smash Journeyman
What about a level where there is a big square filled with spikes and a small opening at the top? You hit someone into the opening and if they make it out they would have a ton of damage.
That's what I just said a couple pages back.

Then you could throw down a couple Pokeballs at them. :laugh:

andrewg

Smash Apprentice
I thought the pictochat update was that you could create your own stages at first and got really dissapointed you couldn't. How big of an area can you make? It doesn't seem like huge areas.

Magnacor

Smash Ace

Ahh. I see what you mean. You're right they probably just forgot to add some stuff when they got the picture of it. Can't say that I'm sorry to hear that you can't add as much stuff as you like.

I thought the pictochat update was that you could create your own stages at first and got really dissapointed you couldn't. How big of an area can you make? It doesn't seem like huge areas.
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/various/images/various10/various10_071029b.jpg
See where it says sizes? It looks like there is 3 different sizes to chose from. Probably something like Yoshi's Island size, Bridge of Eldin size, and New Pork City size.

Micahc

Smash Ace
If there's a lack of good competitive stages, then we should easily be able to make some good ones. If so, sign me up... err... once I get a Wii of course...

Xerck Xon Skyes

Smash Cadet
Truthfully, I think Brawl has just become the best game ever made before it even got finished. It seems that the possibilities are endless, which is beyond awesome. Though it does seem quite vague at the moment in terms of what optioned we have, I believe we are guaranteed more information later on. Personally, the only stage size we have left is endless, which I think should/will be a stage size. More hazards, more shapes and sizes to come. I can see classic remakes, new ideas, and great innovation when it comes to stage selection coming. It’s probably going to end up one of the greatest editions to the game. I can’t wait to create King Dedede’s Wrestling Ring if it does not get in.

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
ok this is awesome. I love the fact we will get a new stage ever day plus we can make our own and u can make as many as u want if u have a couple sd cards. this is the best update other than sonic

Tonyman

Smash Journeyman
Also something really cool is that you can send them to other people apparently, so there could be like official player stages widely known, and might be used in tourneys or something.

Tobi-

Smash Ace
Yea I imagine there's going to be some really innovative stages I'll save.

If you've ever played Megaman Powered-Up for PSP, Then you'll be familiar with this. I used to be some really crazy stages for it, and I'll be glad to do it for brawl aswell.

Or maybe even a stage that helps you practice advance techs to the extreme.

This is x10 better then the sonic being in brawl update I think. I love these types of additions. God I am over-excited now. I almost wouldn't care if they delayed it to March it's so amazing.

Taisuru

Smash Rookie
About the "Remaining Parts" thing, I think it might be how many of the selected part you have left, not the amount to be placed. That's why in the Screen with the ladder selected, it shows some red, but when nothing is selected, the bar is blank.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Custom Colors would be Awesome. sorta like Soulcalibur III. But for teams It would stay the same.. Im totaly remaking Hyrule Castle if they dont put it in. that and a stage with a single platform on it. ultimate test of skill right there.:chuckle:

Oni Andrew

Smash Apprentice
I'll make:
- Planet Raid. A stage which looks like a futuristic city, hopefully with a futuristic background. Then I'd have lasers blasting down
- Torture Chamber. A stage with a background that makes it look like it's in a massive cave. And then all the blocks will look medieval, not futuristic, and then I'll have spikes galore

pwnzorz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ABlackMage
3DS FC
0103-9129-9741
i wonder if you could make break the targets levels. place targets in places, set up the stage and attempt to hit them. that would be fun.

Top Bottom