• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CSRBT Season 1 - Arcade Legacy - CSRBT 1-5 on 10/7

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
That's actually a benefit for me because I have to work at OSU for a football game on the 6th.

Though I initially thought that Ranbat tourneys on Sunday were the norm.

Roller

Smash Legend
So is this just going to be a circuit points payout? or is there going to be a payout for this event, and a separate payout for circuit?

Basically. If Ann Arbor were to come to this. Would we have an opportunity to win money (enough to at least cover trip expenses)?

Not saying we would definitely come. But I might try to find a way to get here if that's the case.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
This is the tourney thread. The results are posted here as well. The final one will be on October 7th at Arcade Legacy in Cincinnati, OH. These kinds of circuits have a pot that the players earn points from their placings to get. After the last one (the upcoming one) is over the pot will be split up (60/30/10 I believe) to the players with the highest number of points. To encourage OoS attendees, the final installment will be held like any other tournament; however, the points are likely to still be awarded.

Tl;dr This is a circuit, highest placers split the pot (60/30/10). The thread has both the tourney results and listings in it.

Roller

Smash Legend
That's the spirit, Lemon.

Just make sure not to be shy about asking for friendlies. I know it can be intimidating at first, but most people are happy to help out new players. :reverse:

Also make sure to ask for advice from people you play on how to improve!

And don't get too discouraged if you don't do as well as you hope. Most people don't do well at their first irl tourney (I got dead last). keeping a positive, learning oriented frame of mind, along with enjoying the atmosphere and making friends is the best way to go about your first tourney exp. imo.

At least, that's what I did.. Years later, still here, have a ton of close friends in the community, and still look forward to every tourney weekend.

I'd be coming to this if I didn't have to help host a Michigan Melee tournament on this weekend.

Hope you have a good time!

Mr. Lemon

Smash Rookie
don't worry too much. everyone's friendly, you'll come out of your shell right away
Wouldn't say I have a shell, more like, I feel very uncomfortable just walking up to somebody I've never spoken too and being all "Hey, what's up?" I feel like I'm invading their space.

Anyway, nice to see a fellow Cincinnatian here.

clowsui

Smash Legend
RPB limit is 7 this tournament. All RPB must be completed by a certain point in time before bracket.

Please note that CURRENT point totals (i.e. totals at the time I'm making this post) are what's used to determine the top 8 seeds that enter the bracket.

Additionally, the "gimmick" this tournament is 2x points because I was stupid enough to make the last one 1.5x points.

1:00 - 2:00 Registration/Friendlies
2:00 - 3:30 Doubles Bracket
3:30 - 5:30 Singles Pools
5:30 - 6:30 RPB period
6:30 - 9:30 Singles Bracket

Since there's a lack of OOS interest...

$5 Venue fee
$5 Doubles fee
$5 Singles fee

Singles Payout 60/30/10
Doubles Payout 70/30

Reminder that CRSBT distribution goes 60/30/10, so whoever has the top 3 point totals at the end of the tournament gets 60/30/10

(1: Alphazealot - 38 pts)
2: Carls - 37 pts*
3: Mister Eric - 23 pts*
4: Sneakytako - 21 pts*
5: Fizzle - 20 pts*
6: Luminoth - 17 pts*
7: Sorasin - 16 pts*
8: SoulPech - 14 pts*
9: MX - 10 pts*
9: Smile - 10 pts
9: Ralph Cecil - 10pts
12: Kero - 9 pts
13: Kel - 8 pts
13: Toastbread - 8 pts
15: clowsui - 7 pts
15: QUIVO - 7 pts
17: Ttar - 6 pts
17: Shadowphoenix - 6 pts
19: DRLR - 5 pts
19: Commander Gregorious - 5 pts
21: Juushichi - 4 pts
21: Steel Samurai - 4 pts
21: Rizner - 4 pts
21: Silver - 4 pts
21: Weiz - 4 pts
26: S2 - 3 pts
26: Sean - 3 pt
26: Metaflair - 3 pt
29: Hael Phael - 2 pts
29: Wiggy - 2 pts
29: Wrath - 2 pts
29: Rem - 2 pts
29: Chris Asher - 2 pt
34: Kevin - 1 pt
34: Sina - 1 pt
34: Wolf - 1 pt
34: Saber - 1 pt
34: Spencer E - 1 pt
34: Logan L - 1 pt
34: Haley - 1 pt
34: Adam - 1 pt
34: DtJCrashandtheLadies - 1 pt
34: Betadyne - 1 pt
34: Tomosumi - 1 pt
34: Cole - 1 pt
34: Chris - 1 pt
34: Matthew - 1 pt
34: Devon - 1 pt

Starred players are the ones who are projected to be the top 8 seeds based on attendance records thus far. All other players must qualify through pools

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
So who did you beat? Who was third? I'd like to see the results because theres a decent chance I'm in the top 3 overall.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
So who did you beat? Who was third? I'd like to see the results because theres a decent chance I'm in the top 3 overall.
My opponents in 1-5 were Luminoth/:wolf::metaknight:, Fizzle/:dedede:, Sorasin/:falco:, Tomo "Takino"-sumi/:marth:, Soulpech/:jigglypuff::kirby2:, Silver/:zerosuitsamus:, & clowsui/:marth:

I think there were others, too, but I remember beating everyone in the pool except for Sora.

I remember Fiz winning 3rd for the Ranbat overall, because once all my matches were done and I was guaranteed for 1st overall, it was just between him & Sora for 1st of 1-5, but 2nd for the entire thing. Plus that 2x multiplier, too.

I think you'd still be in the Top 5, though, but I'm not sure yet until the results finally show up. I realize that attendance & skill together will help to win these things.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Sigh, kinda BS that I won two of these + 5th at another and didn't even break top 3.

More BS though because at first Clowsui said there would be no ranking battles at the Champs then he changed (that is the only way Fiz could have surpassed me I believe).

And finally...no final rankings also makes the entire season concept worthless. Step it up Clowsui its been over three weeks.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
Chi did say that he's making some changes in the 2nd season based on how some of these things went.

So he's most likely fixing the issues you're addressing.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
He can fix the main issue by simply releasing the final standings/the results from the last tournament. Clowsui where you at?

clowsui

Smash Legend
Sigh, kinda BS that I won two of these + 5th at another and didn't even break top 3.

More BS though because at first Clowsui said there would be no ranking battles at the Champs then he changed (that is the only way Fiz could have surpassed me I believe).

And finally...no final rankings also makes the entire season concept worthless. Step it up Clowsui its been over three weeks.
i made the mistake of making the 2nd to last one 1.5x =/ so i had to allow the last one to have RPB

lost the tio file.

also i'm trying to let this season die off LOL, the next one will be way better + improved

Top Bottom