• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cyberden - Columbia, MD - Aug 30, 08 - SSBB 1v1/2v2

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
hova, friendlies? I was consistently beating slikvik's Peach a couple days ago, so I wanna see how I do against yours.

Vist

Smash Champion
SMASH BROS 1v1/2v2 TOURNAMENT @ CYBERDEN in COLUMBIA, MD!
-Date: August 30, 2008. *Saturday* @ 12PM, sign ups by 11:00. We will be opening our doors at 10am.

-If you are going to be later then 12pm please call ahead, if you are later then 12pm and entering doubles unless I have heard from you registration will be closed by 12:10 at the latest.

-We will be running doubles first.

-Starting at 10am as long as your signed up for the Tournament the 4 wii's we have will be set to free play for practice rounds.

-Location: Cyberden, 6410 Dobbin Road in Columbia, MD. 21045. Easiest way to find it is to follow the signs to the MVA Express! Or, just Mapquest it.

-Price: Pre-reg-$15per-person, $10 to pot. Day of $20 per-person, $10 to pot.

- Prize is a 60, 30, 10 split.

If you bring your own system and game the price will be reduced by $5. Component cables Recommended as it is our set up. This is only good for the first 8 people.

RULES:
- 3 Stock
- 7 Minute time limit
- Team Attack on(doubles)
- Life Stealing allowed(doubles)
- Items off
- Double Elimination
- Best of 3. Finals are best of 5.

-In the event of time running out, the player with the most stock wins. If both players have the same stock, the player with the lowest percentage wins. If both players have the same percentage, the match will restart with 1 stock each.

-Character selection will be a double blind pick first match, second and third match winner chooses character first then loser chooses who they would like to counter with.

-Stage selection shall be random on one of the neutral stages for 1st match, and following matches will be chosen by the loser of the previous round between the neutral stages or one of the counterpick stages.

- Dave's Stupid Rule: No stage may be picked twice if the choosing player has already won on that stage.

Stages:
Neutral Stages:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island [Brawl]
Lylat Cruise

Counterpick Stages:
Luigi's Mansion
Halberd
Castle Siege
Distant Planet
Green Hill Zone
Onett
Corneria
Rainbow Cruise
Green Greens
Brinstar
Jungle Japes
Frigate Orpheon
Delfino Plaza

-You do not have to, but it is recommended to BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER and extenders if it is a wired controller. If you are planing on using one of our controllers you must have a valid photo ID. We have 4 Wii's with 4 copies of SSBB all fully unlocked.

-You may bring in your own tv if you would like, we will clear out our cafe section to
accommodate, but you must also bring in a Wii to connect to said tv as ours will be kept on our tv's.

-(Any questions or suggestions please send an email to spitfire668@gmail.com or visit the Cyberden forums)

1) how do you pre-register?

2) is it $15/$20 per person for both singles and doubles or just one of them?

Lobos

Smash Master
It is alittle confusing but I believe its $10 for venue ($5 if you bring you wii/brawl or pre-register) then $10 for singles and $20 if you do teams/singles.

Lukky

Smash Cadet
Unfortunately I might not be able to make this, and this saddens me

0kin

Smash Journeyman
ill prolly b at this, i think jus fer singles though, unless sum1 wants to team, im not sure if YO is going

g-regulate

Smash Hero
so according to the first post, you can pre reg and get $5 taken off of your singles entry fee. but it still says it takes $10 out of your entry fee for the venue, therefore only putting $5 into the pot. i hope this is wrong and that the $5 discount is taken out of the venue fee, not the pot.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
hey I think I'll be joining up for this one sounds like a good time and good competition

and I probably won't enter CH4 so this would be a good tourney for me

Top Bottom