• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dögüsch Smash | 11.-13.03.2011 | Ratingen, Germany

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Not likely, although I might have a driver's licence by then (I don't now). Will probably just go by train/however the other Dutchies go.

With the rules I know what I'm signing up for and it's just a few stages we usually ban, but unless the TO is willing to make changes there's no point in discussing it.

Is there any chance of a Melee side event?

Staco

Smash Champion
It will also maybe just be free crews, but I dont know.
I dont like the idea of sth. like: Orion, Mr-R, Leon happening, because it would be pretty unbalanced. :p
We will see how we manage this.

I think you could just host a small melee tourney by yourself (ask some people, take 1 or 2 tvs and play a small tourney, there will be at least 1 tv for melee freeplay, I think).
From Saturday night to Sunday morning you would also be able to host a melee sideevent, I guess, if you find some players to attend it.
I could also ask Ice and some other german melee players, if he wants to come to play you, if not all places are taken by brawl players during beginning of march.

BTW, looking forward to meet you in person Marc. :)

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Orion: If there's LT doubles I'm claiming you as my partner. I think we can work out a strategy where you spam your two viable hitboxes and I spam mine.

Staco: Crews can be fun, but only if there's some way to balance them (or simply when they're regional). I only asked about Melee because it said something about it in the OP, but I understand this is first and foremost a Brawl tournament and I'm not going to push for Melee too much. If there's a setup, I'll likely use it though. :) And yeah, looking forward to meeting you too.

Luigi player

Smash Master
It will also maybe just be free crews, but I dont know.
I dont like the idea of sth. like: Orion, Mr-R, Leon happening, because it would be pretty unbalanced. :p
We will see how we manage this.
We could counter with something like: Staco, BluB and me =D

LT doubles would actually be really nice tbh. Something new :X <3 doubles

Also random crews sucks.

Yikarur

Smash Master
Staco would form a Crew with Semifer, he has no reason to team up with you and blub for winning because Crews are more a team sport where it's funnier to play with someone you know and can support.
Random Crews really suck, LT da bess. LT Teams sounds good.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'd be totally down for LT dubs.

Or anything with Mid Tier would be awesome.

:059:

Yikarur

Smash Master
the problem with mid tier events would be the accuracy of the Mid tier itself, the mid tier is big and inaccurate overall. :p

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
Low Tier Anything, I can see marc's perspective about melee but that means set-ups and if you narrow it to a brawl related event atleast you know the set-ups are taken care off.

Besides, all entrants play brawl. Not everyone plays melee, as in comepitive.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Orion: If there's LT doubles I'm claiming you as my partner. I think we can work out a strategy where you spam your two viable hitboxes and I spam mine.
maybe:3

we would have to practice it because atm you have no low tiers, other than bowser who is kinda free

also i go mario in teams lol
Staco would form a Crew with Semifer, he has no reason to team up with you and blub for winning because Crews are more a team sport where it's funnier to play with someone you know and can support.
Random Crews really suck, LT da bess. LT Teams sounds good.
when there's money on the line the best players generally get together

I'd be totally down for LT dubs.

Or anything with Mid Tier would be awesome.

^selfish wolf main :glare:

the problem with mid tier events would be the accuracy of the Mid tier itself, the mid tier is big and inaccurate overall. :p
dont get your personal thoughts on the tier list into this because i could say any tier is wrong w/e, id rather not get into arguments

MT's would be fun so gheb can cry when he places like 9th and he mains one
Low Tier Anything, I can see marc's perspective about melee but that means set-ups and if you narrow it to a brawl related event atleast you know the set-ups are taken care off.

Besides, all entrants play brawl. Not everyone plays melee, as in comepitive.
its a side event, very few people take low tiers seriously anyway xD

just mr.r because he has something to prove

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
lol @ implying that want MTs for my own sake. Not that I'd stand a chance anyway. Leon, Semifer, LP and the Sheiks are at least one level too high for my Wolf. I thought it'd be a decent compromise for people who complain about LTs though. And I'd be glad to actually place 9th in MTs =/

Izaw

Smash Ace
I might actually come for this.

If I do. Is there anyone interested in teaming up for 2v2? I'll be playing Shiek

Staco

Smash Champion
list of registrated people (the list is from friday, there are probably more registered people right now):

45 people:
(S!C)
.selebu
Assassins Shiek
Bloody
Chair
crifer
Crysis
Desti
Garok
Gheb
GoldenIke
GRI3VER
HoRnZ
IQ/?%
iStudying
JUDGE
KazeKun
Kyo
Lance
Lesje
LinkinHand
Luigi_player
Marc
Mc-Cloud
MewMewZone
Miyavi
Mr-R
Nyan~
Orion
PB
PikaForLife
Reyney
RiVer
Rog
Semifer
ShadowTl
Snopy
Staco
TaY
Tsunayoshi
Y.B.O.
Yikarur
Zarox
ZeroL
ZorC

Voting for Low Tiers or Crews:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=12037344#post12037344

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
hey, whats the closest airport to the venue? any cheap hotels or hostles nearby aswell?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
You don't need a hotel or housing ... you can sleep at the venue. Tickets are cheap, me and LP only payed 90 from Vienna to Dusseldorf [nearest airport] and back. You should def. come and bring brits with you!

There are already 60 ppls confirmed btw. This **** is gonna cap for sure

Calzorz

Smash Lord
we dont need a hotel we kind of want 1 , i didnt enjoy singles in berlin cos i couldnt sleep the previous night in the venue , if worst comes to worst il sleep at venue though dont mind too much

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
it says dusseldof (weeze) (NRN) ? is that it? dont waanna go to the wrong country lol

B.Mack

Smash Ace
Dude, fix your own flights lol.

Not just because you shouldn't be so lazy to actually let other people do your work, but also because you should never trust strangers booking your FLIGHT.

It's your own responsibility and it really isn't that hard to do.
I didnt mean for myself... but if you ask anyone if they wanna attend, the next thing they say would be "how much dyu think it would cost?"

Money is a central issue, and it would be a good thing if the organiser could give people an idea of what their total costs would be apart from venue fee and all.

Stop being silly Chair. you know I was just making a suggestion to the host(s), ur just being a bumhole as usual.

Calzorz

Smash Lord
I didnt mean for myself... but if you ask anyone if they wanna attend, the next thing they say would be "how much dyu think it would cost?"

Money is a central issue, and it would be a good thing if the organiser could give people an idea of what their total costs would be apart from venue fee and all.

Stop being silly Chair. you know I was just making a suggestion to the host(s), ur just being a bumhole as usual.
to be fair why does the host need to know england to germany flight costs? when we can look at them in a second

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
it says dusseldof (weeze) (NRN) ? is that it? dont waanna go to the wrong country lol
What airline is it? Is there a map you can check? If it's somewhat close to the dutch border you're def right.

Edit:

[collapse="entrants so far"](S!C)
.selebu
Akuma
AscWolf
Assassins Shiek
Biggad
Bilo
Bloody
Cenel
Chair
crifer
Crysis
Desti
Garok
Gheb
Ghost
GoldenIke
GRI3VER
HoRnZ
IQ/?%
iStudying
JUDGE
KazeKun
Kyo
Lance
Lesje
Light
lil-secret
LinkinHand
Luigi_player
Marc
Masterdoni
Mc-Cloud
MewMewZone
Miyavi
Mr-R
Nequ
Nyan~
Orion
PB
Phantasma
PikaForLife
Purple~H
Reyney
RiVer
Rog
Semifer
Serudos
ShadowTl
Snopy
ssj5goten
Staco
TaY
Tsunayoshi
Vølva
Y.B.O.
Yikarur
Zarox
ZeroL
ZorC[/collapse]

Calzorz

Smash Lord
does anyone live in dussledorf that can house 4 u.k smashers for wednesday around 2pm till the venue opens? on the friday

Staco

Smash Champion
does anyone live in dussledorf that can house 4 u.k smashers for wednesday around 2pm till the venue opens? on the friday
we are actually asking around in the german boards, if there is someone to house you guys

Calzorz

Smash Lord
we are actually asking around in the german boards, if there is someone to house you guys
alright cool thanks , from the selected airport we can only fly wednesday and coming back from germany monday

Orion*

Smash Researcher
anyone know how the dutchies are planning to go there or should i just assume im going by myself and dragging mr.r and marc? :p

Dopl-G

Smash Apprentice
Anaky/Andy Says:

If the price was £40 like Cloud said, i could come. But unfortunatly i dont have my passport :/

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
anyone know how the dutchies are planning to go there or should i just assume im going by myself and dragging mr.r and marc? :p
There's things being considerd, People driving there is an option, atleast I'm thinking about it to drive there with either of my parents cars since it's only roughly 3 hours, but the train is a good option to.

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
Anaky/Andy Says:

If the price was £40 like Cloud said, i could come. But unfortunatly i dont have my passport :/
andy if your renewing your passport you can do it online before we buy the tickets. Im renewing mine tomorrow

btw its ryanair we are going by

Calzorz

Smash Lord
im pretty much confirmed for this now i think , like 85% sure il come , calzorz + leon DOUBLES HELL YEA

Top Bottom