• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dögüsch Smash | 11.-13.03.2011 | Ratingen, Germany

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I'm also under the assumption he's still going. More on this soon.

Everyone else is also good to go. :)

Staco

Smash Champion
^Miyavi just told me he actually can make it, so don't deconfirm him yet.
I know about this incident, just don´t try to lie on me and be truthful instead.
I have worked it out together with Chair allready.

Would be nice, if you guys (dutchies) could bring some wiis and multiple plug ins.

Oh, and pls tell Mr-R today to work stuff out with Budget Player Cadet.
Our last chance to get a live stream right now.

TaYim

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tayfun90
i have to setup a livestream !!!
You have to contact bpc today allready, if possible ramin!

Payouts:

Singles:
1st 35% 2nd 25% 3rd 15% 4th 10% 5th 5% 5th 5% 7th 2,5% 7th 2,5%

Doubles:
1st 45% 2nd 30% 3rd 15% 4th 5% 5th 2,5% 5th 2,5%

Sideevent is Mid Tiers:

C: Toon Link, Kirby, Fox, R.O.B., Pit, Peach, Donkey Kong
D: Luigi, Wolf, Zelda/Sheik, Sonic, Ike, Sheik, Ness, Pokémon Trainer
E: Yoshi, Lucas, Mario, Bowser
F: Captain Falcon, Samus, Jigglypuff, Link, Zelda
G: Ganondorf

by Staco

Mr-R

Smash Champion
You have to contact bpc today allready, if possible ramin!

Payouts:

Singles:
1st 35% 2nd 25% 3rd 15% 4th 10% 5th 5% 5th 5% 7th 2,5% 7th 2,5%

Doubles:
1st 45% 2nd 30% 3rd 15% 4th 5% 5th 2,5% 5th 2,5%

Sideevent is Mid Tiers:

C: Toon Link, Kirby, Fox, R.O.B., Pit, Peach, Donkey Kong
D: Luigi, Wolf, Zelda/Sheik, Sonic, Ike, Sheik, Ness, Pokémon Trainer
E: Yoshi, Lucas, Mario, Bowser
F: Captain Falcon, Samus, Jigglypuff, Link, Zelda
G: Ganondorf

by Staco
wait winner gets 35% of the pot?!
thats really stupid >.> the singles payout should be the same as the doubles one imo
I dont even know why top 7 is gettng payed out in a 80 man tourney....
it should be either top 5 or top 3
also why are you announcing this one day prior to the tourney >.<

edit: I haven't seen cadet online yet :/

TaYim

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tayfun90
The Singles payout actually is more than the Doubles payout.

If you put together first and second at singles you will get way more than doubles first (which is actually singles 1st + 2nd).
So in your logic I had to decrease the money for the first place singles and also the 2nd place singles and make a top 10 payout.

BTW is this the standard payout of tourneys from that size, stop money whoring. -.- (I acutally worked out that payout together with Gheb and its almost the same as MSN, BiB and all other german tourneys))

lol @ Yika beeing angry about no lowtiers

you can still play yoshi at mid tiers and it actually wasnt just my decision to do mid tiers

by Staco

Yikarur

Smash Master
uh I would have attended low tier neither because I have a date on sunday :awesome:

and you fail@Math you're explanation doesn't make sense.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
MSN and BIBs payouts weren't similar to these >.>
And Im sorry but I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about in the first part of your post.

If you can link me to any european tourney which has a 35 % payout to first place, I will shut up
oh and you do not post such unusual payouts 1 day prior to the tourney

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I made the payouts on the spot. I didn't realize that 35% for the winner was so little.

:059:

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Use US standard payouts.
This... thank you.
I made the payouts on the spot. I didn't realize that 35% for the winner was so little.

What the hell is wrong with you ***** LOL

First, why where you making the payouts
Second, if you are making them- you should probably realize that :urg:

Like really its not hard, use the standard payout system. If this wasnt last minute okay, but really this is utter bull****- I legit might just not enter singles or forfeit my matches or whatever out of protest.

Oh, and this is Orion

Chair wouldnt have said *****

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I had no idea about the "standard payout" or what it's like. Staco just asked me and said he wanted top 8 payed out so I came up with something. Not to carry him to blame or anything I just didn't know my suggestion would be the finalized version for it.

If people have problems with it I think changing it is the way to go? Don't see where the big deal is changing it as long as people agree with one particular payout - the "standard" payout in that case [whatever that exactly is].

Staco

Smash Champion
MSN and BIBs payouts weren't similar to these >.>
And Im sorry but I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about in the first part of your post.

If you can link me to any european tourney which has a 35 % payout to first place, I will shut up
oh and you do not post such unusual payouts 1 day prior to the tourney
I actually made the MSN payouts, so yeah, I probably remember, what the payouts have been!

I don´t even know about any US standard payout system.

BTW, **** you for acting like this, if you could just have asked for the payouts like 3 months ago. (nobody asked me about it, so I was okay with just making that clear few days before the tourney)
I don´t know about any standard payout system and so obviously I didnt plan to add sth. like this.
And espeacally you Ramin shouldnt criticize me, I told you to speak to BPC because of the livestream and he just told me, you didnt do that, srsly. <<

Staco

Smash Champion
Mid Tier Payout is:
1st 40% 2nd 30% 3rd 20% 4th 10%

I wont change anything of the payouts any more.
Its the same payouts Im used to, and I didnt know about any standard payout system or sth.

I also hardly disagree on for example giving the first place like 50% of the money.
Also top 8 payouts is normal in germany at bigger events, don´t know about bib though. (and this is a bigger german event actually)
If you care about money that much, get a job or sth.

But yeah, feel free to protest and forfeit, that´s not my buisness. Still would be sad, since I dont want to miss you in the competition Orion.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
I actually made the MSN payouts, so yeah, I probably remember, what the payouts have been!

BTW, **** you for acting like this, if you could just have asked for the payouts like 3 months ago. (nobody asked me about it, so I was okay with just making that clear few days before the tourney)
I don´t know about any standard payout system and so obviously I didnt plan to add sth. like this.
And espeacally you Ramin shouldnt criticize me, I told you to speak to BPC because of the livestream and he just told me, you didnt do that, srsly. <<
I shouldn't criticize you ? lmao we're not supposed to ask for the payout its already supposed to be there in the RULES especially if its a WEIRD *** PAYOUT like this one. fine it wasn't in this case and thats why people assumed there would be a ''normal payout'' but there isn't >.>
and if I knew about the MSN payouts I would complain just as much as I would now but w/e.

and about BPC, I only had him on my msn for 3 days ( which is also not my fault ) one of those 3 days I was at chairs place the WHOLE day, the other one I was working 8 hours and today I've been online till like 9 and he wasn't so do not blaim me for not contacting him if u give me his msn 3 days prior to the tourney >.>
also what is there to discuss with BPC that we cannot do at the tourney ?

seriously staco do not **** this tourney up at the last friggen moment with ur weird ***
payouts.
If gheb can admit that the payouts might not have been so well thought trough then why cant u ?

istudying

Smash Lord
No offence but you can at least make it 45 % or only pay out top 5...
There wont be 85 people attending anyways + 85 is too low to pay our top 7.

Just change the pot so everyone is happy.

Orion*

Smash Researcher

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=293910

MSN wasnt even payed out to top 8.... >_>

1st place was 40%

I wont change anything of the payouts any more.
Its the same payouts Im used to, and I didnt know about any standard payout system or sth.

I also hardly disagree on for example giving the first place like 50% of the money.
Also top 8 payouts is normal in germany at bigger events, don´t know about bib though. (and this is a bigger german event actually)
If you care about money that much, get a job or sth.
First of all most fighting game communities its 60/30/10 for payout...
>_>

and while that personally benefits me, i dont agree with it. However 1st place getting 35% is like not even worth it im sorry. at least 40 to 45%% while low, looks normal and can be agreed on.

45/30/15/10/(entry fee back so 7 euros?)

I made that literally in like 2 seconds and it feels better lol

No offence but you can at least make it 45 % or only pay out top 5...
There wont be 85 people attending anyways + 85 is too low to pay our top 7.

Just change the pot so everyone is happy.
this

Mr-R

Smash Champion
I've talked to BPC on aim, since I was told he's never on msn apparantly. And we worked things out i guess.
Oh and thanks to chair for giving me his aim :)

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I like that you try to pay out like the entire top 8, but 35% for first seems low to me as well. It's obviously the host's call to make, but first should probably get 45-50% of the pot.

Staco

Smash Champion
I've talked to BPC on aim, since I was told he's never on msn apparantly. And we worked things out i guess.
Oh and thanks to chair for giving me his aim :)
Sry for offending you and thanks for working stuff out with BPC. :)

Let´s have a talk about the payouts on friday at the location, Im willed to still change some things but something like 60/30/10 wont ever happen, if its not like 10-20 people tourney.
The money for the "lower placings" shall also be a motivation to give more players the chance to place "in the money".
I also can imagine some germans protesting, if the payout is top 6 only, if it was top 3 or top 4 they would protest for sure.

@ MSN it was 37,5 as far as I remember.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
how about 90-5-5 then :D ?
nah we can discuss this today i guess after i setup the livestream.
and u never offended me lmao, im also glad to be setting up a livestream cause thats hella hype :D

also I vote orion for commentating!

Staco

Smash Champion
how about 90-5-5 then :D ?
nah we can discuss this today i guess after i setup the livestream.
and u never offended me lmao, im also glad to be setting up a livestream cause thats hella hype :D

also I vote orion for commentating!
Im actually taking a micro and a webcam with me, just in case. :)

AtneyB

Smash Journeyman
Hyyyy...

Oh wait, I'm not goin' ;_;

Cracker : I think it would be already posted here if it did ^^

Cracker1204

Smash Apprentice
They don't even care enough to inform us on how ramin failed at something above his level of intelligence.

Top Bottom