• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

=d.... ESCAPE ROLES POSTED!

Smash Master
Niiro: I already looked at every word in the dictionary that starts with S and ends in EE. The most relevant entry in the list is scotfree, which makes next to no sense.

Smash Master
0 _o

1 can also be I, fo what it's worth. And you do see with I's, I guess

Niiro

Smash Ace
Niiro: I already looked at every word in the dictionary that starts with S and ends in EE. The most relevant entry in the list is scotfree, which makes next to no sense.
The word might be
S _ _ (space) _ E E

Smash Master
The word might be
S _ _ (space) _ E E

Set free is the best I could do for common phrases. (Similar lookup)
I also found "super smash brothers melee" for the lulz

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Look, I'll be honest with everyone.

I'm gonna be a bit inactive from today to friday cause I'm gonna be a bit busy

I'm gonna try and look at this thread from time to time, but bare with me if I'm inactive longer then normal. Just PLEASE don't force me to do something unless it's really neccessary (And I mean if we're like an hour left to do something). I wouldn't do it to you...=/

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Sorry, for some reason I can't stay awake.

Mentos goes up to the laptop and types in 5 and than hits enter. The screen flashes red and it actually is able to gain the attention to the people in the Happy room. The tubes in both rooms begin to fill up with piece of a grayish metalloid. Images begin to appear on the screen:

A tennis racket.

The image of a flame being crossed out next to what looks like a panel of glass. [The cross out of the flame looks the same as the no smoking signs cept with a flame and not a cigarette.

Eye drops.

The happy people go back to their laughter and joking around. The Noble people stand there bewildered. Suddenly a tube comes up from under mentos and encases him. After a few seconds he passes out in the tube. Both him and the tube than go back underground. [Mentos may not post until further notice]

Superstar

Smash Champion
Why do I think Fahrenheit 451 when I KNOW that's not it.

Oh and I want to see how my attempt at Emoness worked.

Oh and Brave New World...? The Happy Room makes me think that, with all them drugs.

Yaya

Smash Champion
Mario Tennis was on the virtual boy, one could argue you'd need a lot of eyedrops to survive playing the virtual boy.

Superstar

Smash Champion
I might as well sacrifice myself by pulling a number out of my ***.

Me enters 8

Make sure I slit my wrist before doing it. With my teeth.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Its already bolded but from now on lets not through random numbers out of our *** just to get flavor text or whatever.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
8 is one of my fav numbers =D

The happy go lucky Superstar bounds up to the keyboard. "Haha stupid keyboard" he says. He whimsically types in '8' and hits enter. His smile does not disappear as he sees the red flash.

The people in the noble room watch as the metalloid in the glass tube disappears. They see some kind of motion in the tube though they are unsure as to what it is. It's looks like some kind of invisible gas suddenly appeared in the tube.

Images appear on the screen again:

Lungs

a picture of a droplet of water followed by a division sign and number 2 after that.

A tube comes up from the ground taking superstar as well. He passes out and is sent underground like Mentosman. A smile remains on his face the entire time.[Superstar may not post until further notice]

Handorin

Smash Hero
I might as well sacrifice myself by pulling a number out of my ***.

Me enters 8

Make sure I slit my wrist before doing it. With my teeth.
Sooner or later, we will enter every number and get them all....

right?...

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
The people in the happy room start to slow down. Most of them are lying on the ground chilling. They continue talking to eachother. "I don't feel so good." One says. You notice for the first time that their voice sounded incredibly squeaky and high. You say something to yourself. "HAHAHA" you laugh; your voice is squeaky too! You then begin to cough. You don't feel so good either....

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I am really sorry but,

I am going to have to cancel this room.

It was brought to my attention that Helium/the lack of oxygen does not induce laughter.

What i was going for was:

The happy room had helium gas circulating. Which I thought caused people to laugh. [Because i saw a television show about the worst ways to die; a couple got trapped in a huge grounded balloon and began to laugh uncontrollably. I've also seen it elsewhere but I guess it was stupid to trust commercial television.]

I was going to give the people notice in 1 irl days that they were asphyxiating from the lack of oxygen and would have another day before they all passed out. A day after that they would die if the puzzle still wasn't solved.

The answer was:
2 - 3 - 92 - 12 - 33

If you looked up the elements the numbers referred to [Which is why I would show the element of what number you put into the keyboard and images of things that are related to that element] you get:

Helium - Lithium - Uranium - Magnesium - Arsenic

their abbreviations:

He - Li - U - Mg - As

which spells out 'helium gas'.

in retrospect, the answer was hella obscure and noone may have even gotten it.

Anyways, everything that happened so far this room are reset. [Mentos and superstar can talk]

Again I am really sorry, twas a foolish error on my part. I'll have a new puzzle up in a bit.

Don't hate me =[ Making good puzzles is hard.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Haha once you mentioned the part about the squeaky voices I knew it was something to do with helium, I could NOT think of how to work it though. If I had looked at 33 on the table I may have gotten it though. Really good/challenging puzzle honestly

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I actually liked the idea, but a little more flavor for a hint would've made it solvable (but still difficult)

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, as soon as you said the part about their voices getting higher I knew it had to do with helium, I was lookin numerically though

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
This was a really good puzzle that simply got bunked by a very small error. Macman, using the periodic table to spell out HELIUM GAS would have been really really cool. I'm sorry the puzzle wasnt able to continue, but it was a really good idea.

I like puzzles like this a lot. I look forward to the next one. :)

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I agree, that was a really good puzzle. I dunno if we'd of got it, but we got the others, so maybe? But it was clever

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Yeah just the small slip up. Really cool idea and like where your heads at :)

/end post of nothing

Niiro

Smash Ace
omgz, i thought for a second that you guys already completed this room >.>

Superstar

Smash Champion
Might as well mention, the post EE had to delete was just a fastpost. Was quickly deleted though.

It would have been solvable though. Every wrong answer gives another hint. Just sacrifice the more dummy of you and you'd get enough hints.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
The Real Room #3

You all walk into a room. The walls and ceilings are wooden. The ground is covered in checkered linoleum.

You see 3 plaques on the far end of the wall. There is text on the first plaque you see:
One afternoon, a queen locked two kings from different lands in her throne room and while blindfolding them, put a golden crown on each of their heads and took off the bindfolds.

"Every night at midnight, I will allow you both to secretly tell me what color crown you have. If you are correct, you may leave the throne room. If you are wrong, my guards will execute you. You will be executed if you look at your own crown or if you communicate in any way with eachother. I see a golden crown." And with that, the queen sat down.
The kings were clever people, if there was logic to be found they would see it. The question you have to answer is, on what midnight from the time the kings are locked up will they both know what color crown they have and be able to leave the throne room?

Underneath the plaque you see 10 buttons: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, ..., 10th

The second plaque reads:
"Without the end of me, seafood turns into something completely different." said Charlotte to the little pig.
A keyboard built into the wall is directly under the plaque.

The third and final plaque reads:
V'ir tbg gur purpxrerq synt. V fjrne vg'f abg n enpvfg guvat.
Engraved on the top frame of the plaque you see '1101'. Another built in keyboard is directly underneath.

**Many thanks to A6MZero for designing the majority of this puzzle.**

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer

You see 3 plaques on the far end of the wall. There is text on the first plaque you see:
One afternoon, a queen locked two kings from different lands in her throne room and while blindfolding them, put a crown on each of their heads and took off the bindfolds.

"Every night at midnight, I will allow you both to secretly tell me what color crown you have. If you are correct, you may leave the throne room. If you are wrong, my guards will execute you. You will be executed if you look at your own crown or if you communicate in any way with eachother. I see one golden crown." And with that, the queen sat down.
The kings were clever people, if there was logic to be found they would see it. The question you have to answer is, on what midnight from the time the kings are locked up will they both know what color crown they have and be able to leave the throne room?

Underneath the plaque you see 10 buttons: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, ..., 10th

I'm not sure on this yet, but since each king could see the other, and there were only two, they would at least instantly know whether they had the golden crown or not (if it was on the other guy, they'd know they didn't, if it wasn't on they other guy then they did.) These kinds of puzzles are not my forte though. I'm guessing there's some kind of word clue to determine what the other colour could be.

Top Bottom