• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas/Fort Worth! - www.twitch.tv/tourneylocator at 7pm on Thursdays

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
sd.f,jasdf.

I give up

I'll just keep driving to see you guys all in your places forevermore.
and
if I ever get bored
I'll try to plan something
so you guys can plan stuff over it
and I can drive to see you guys
where you planned over
my plans.

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
CJ wants to throw a pool party/cookout Friday night. We're sending out invites here in a bit. Not trying to party-block you Brettster, we've been talking about this for the last few days and just now came to a conclusion about how to do it. Hope I did't offend you because I totally want you guys to come :p
I'm. So. Down.
Brett my man, screw you're location.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I'm. So. Down.
Brett my man, screw you're location.
Let's take a random example.

You guys drive to Zac's place (or at least have at least a couple times).

We'll put an arbitrary location down (I don't know everyone's exact location) and say you drive from Dustin's place to ZacBillySedlawnShuz's place. That's slightly over an hour, according to Google maps.

Dustin's place to my place is ~41 min, according to Google maps.

To Sean's Friday night pool party from Dustin's place is ~50 min according to Google maps.

Maybe those fluctuate a little bit depending on exact locations. But to see me ONCE can't be that bad.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Let's take a random example.

You guys drive to Zac's place (or at least have at least a couple times).

We'll put an arbitrary location down (I don't know everyone's exact location) and say you drive from Dustin's place to ZacBillySedlawnShuz's place. That's slightly over an hour, according to Google maps.

Dustin's place to my place is ~41 min, according to Google maps.

To Sean's Friday night pool party from Dustin's place is ~50 min according to Google maps.

Maybe those fluctuate a little bit depending on exact locations. But to see me ONCE can't be that bad.
I'll call you next time I go to play Denthorn. You can join our Melee/Project M Fests.

D

Deleted member

lol, pool party/cook out at infinities? I'm just going to be hanging out with a melee friend practicing for this saturday. Also going to burn a melee iso onto a disc and play hacks finally.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
ALSM, We need to talk more zelda, my mind was blow after you showed me that timeline chart
You should have seen the document my friend and I made before Skyward Sword came out. It was very detailed, and other than that stupid 3rd split thing, was very close to the actual timeline.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Regarding FK's mention of wings and Tuesday...

Yes. Buffalo Wild Wings has 45-cent bone-in wings on Tuesdays. I have an ongoing thing with some friends here in Denton.

THIS Tuesday, however, I will probably be in McKinney (for those of you who know Cheedoh, it's his 21st birthday and I'm going to Wing Night where he lives).
(I WOULD still make him come to Denton, but the waitress that knows my order stopped working there.)

FK1

Smash Journeyman
If your parenthetical expression is longer than your original sentence, you should probably just make it its own sentence(just sayin'.)

:phone:

Denti

Smash Master
Regarding FK's mention of wings and Tuesday...

Yes. Buffalo Wild Wings has 45-cent bone-in wings on Tuesdays. I have an ongoing thing with some friends here in Denton.

THIS Tuesday, however, I will probably be in McKinney (for those of you who know Cheedoh, it's his 21st birthday and I'm going to Wing Night where he lives).
(I WOULD still make him come to Denton, but the waitress that knows my order stopped working there.)
I can't join you this time. I can't spend money without a job. I dropped in a ton of apps today and more to come tomorrow.

Edit:

So for the people wanting to go to Houston this weekend. I want to use Megabus. It will be 100% awesome. 1$ trips btw. The latest it leaves Friday is 7:15. There is no place to park your car so you'll have to get some1 to drop you off, maybe you could park your car at a smasher's house then carpool with them to Megabus. I need to talk with Sync to see if he can hook us up with a ride. I know there will be Me, ALSM, Infinity, Y.b.M., and I think there was another person.. not sure. The trip total will cot like 3$ when you're done. 1$ tiicket there + 1$ ticket back + $0.50 booking fee + tax.

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
That would have been nice if you booked yesterday, Denti. The offer isn't good anymore.

No matter, I am interested in going, but I have run into a bit of trouble of getting there. I will probably have to take the TRE to get to the South Irving station and from there I will need a pick up to and from the station. I would give you gas money, but I am broke until the 3rd.

Since I am just going to strictly observe the tournament, I must come back the "day of" hours earlier than the main group, provided that I get a ride back to the TRE station to catch the last train back to FW.

Can anyone help?

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
1 seat for that trip = 9 dollars per direction.

Total of about $20. I don't really care if we do that or drive, tbh. It'll be cheaper to drive, but probably way less comfortable. Unless Denti can get his dad's truck, then it'll be about the same except we'll have Smash to play on the way :D

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
I can't join you this time. I can't spend money without a job. I dropped in a ton of apps today and more to come tomorrow.

Edit:

So for the people wanting to go to Houston this weekend. I want to use Megabus. It will be 100% awesome. 1$ trips btw. The latest it leaves Friday is 7:15. There is no place to park your car so you'll have to get some1 to drop you off, maybe you could park your car at a smasher's house then carpool with them to Megabus. I need to talk with Sync to see if he can hook us up with a ride. I know there will be Me, ALSM, Infinity, Y.b.M., and I think there was another person.. not sure. The trip total will cot like 3$ when you're done. 1$ tiicket there + 1$ ticket back + $0.50 booking fee + tax.
I'm actually interested....

Dojo

Smash Champion
Yeah if you're gonna use Megabus effectively, you need to plan sooner than a week ahead. Still if you were just traveling with just 1 or 2, it would be out the price of gas at this point.

Top Bottom