• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dark Samus for Brawl+: Now with less brokeness [July 8th Update]

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Smoreking.

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I didn't realize that.

Also, I suggest you add the code where you don't transform into ZSS after the final smash in order to prevent freezing

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
I have no plans to release a vbrawl codeset.

Thanks for your input colored blind. The purpose of the uptilt was so that her defensive options were limited to just her ftilt.

I am halting progress on Dark Samus until a few more codes come out; most notably, the one that lets us play both Dark Samus and regular Samus. :)

Roy-G-Biv

Smash Journeyman
I have no plans to release a vbrawl codeset.

Thanks for your input colored blind. The purpose of the uptilt was so that her defensive options were limited to just her ftilt.

I am halting progress on Dark Samus until a few more codes come out; most notably, the one that lets us play both Dark Samus and regular Samus. :)
Like the clone engine?

And I don't see why you can't just assign DSamus to a costume like how Roy works.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Like the clone engine?

And I don't see why you can't just assign DSamus to a costume like how Roy works.
...because that's not how roy works? Right now these clone characters completely replace the old characters. We use the textures so it actually feels like you're playing that character when you look at the screen, rather than just the attacks being different.

Roy-G-Biv

Smash Journeyman
...because that's not how roy works? Right now these clone characters completely replace the old characters. We use the textures so it actually feels like you're playing that character when you look at the screen, rather than just the attacks being different.
Oh well.
Serves me right for being lazy enough not to get Roy. I only read that they assigned Roy to Marth's red costume or something.

colored blind

Smash Journeyman
Yeah...They just said his texture may be assigned to the red Marth.

Do you have any idea how close the coders are to the clone engine?

The Utilt slowness definitely led me to using Ftilt more, so that worked, lol. Mind if I pick your brain about your intentions for the Dair?

Dragoomba

Smash Lord
I must say, the freeze missiles are an amazing idea. Hopefully you find or make a texture that meets your expectations soon.

markopoleoh

Smash Cadet
i also have noticed her grab attack is slightly to fast, you can get alot of damage there if the opponite is over 50%

at 0 you can just get it up to 16% on a cpu

randomd1

Smash Rookie
The neutral A combo has obscene knock back. KO Ike from 12% with it. Otherwise excellent!

Roy-G-Biv

Smash Journeyman
I'd really like to see an actual match with it.

Also, can anyone edit B+ 4.2 to have file patch 3.5 with Dark Samus and roy in it?

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
Yeah...They just said his texture may be assigned to the red Marth.

Do you have any idea how close the coders are to the clone engine?

The Utilt slowness definitely led me to using Ftilt more, so that worked, lol. Mind if I pick your brain about your intentions for the Dair?
dair is very important to regular samus, i wanted to deemphasize the move. basically my goal is to make dark samus just feel completely different from samus. i like the idea of making dair pop up though for another dair. sounds neat.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Ah... what codes in there are actually required for dark samus? like can someone post just the dark samus related codes? I have other codes Id like to use with dark samus...

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I love this samus, but in my opinion, she should be as slow as ganon.

You need to base how slow her moves are like Ike's.

And how do you create these characters? I'd really like to help out!

And does this texture fit? It does for me! :)

Here's a download link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ewoyzzz0yfw

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
Dark Samus needs the same jab fix which Samus did get. Or something different, but as for now, she has the same problem Samus had in vBrawl, the first jab makes too low hitstun at low % so that the enemy can hit you back before your first jab animation is over.

Seikishidan Soru

Smash Journeyman
The neutral A combo has obscene knock back. KO Ike from 12% with it. Otherwise excellent!
I came to post this, basically. I don't think the angle needs to be touched though, it really leads to some interesting situations when it doesn't kill absurdly low.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I just think by doing so, you'll be able to actually maybe get her in the official Brawl+ roster! :)

I feel that her normal missiles should shock and have no knock back, but maybe 4-5 % damage?

Is there anyway at all I can help besides testing her? :)

And I noticed Ganondorf is bad *** now, when I used your codeset. Is he the "official" ganon for Brawl+?

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
I've gotta say, DS is a very interesting set. I fail with her (no surprise there), but she's very cool to play with.

One thing I can suggest is to (if possible) change the charged shot to a beam of several smaller shots, with the number of shots determined by the This is not only to change her playstyle a lot, but also to stay more accurate to the real DS. When DS fired a charge shot (when you first fight her), she fired a scattershot-beam of many, MANY small Phazon bits.
(If that's not possible, then I'd say remove the charging altogether and change it to a rapid fire option. Either way, keep the small shots at a short range [less spammable because it won't reach very far, and also more accurate to the original <I think...>]. Another thing to do is make them be outprioritized by nearly any other projectile.)
The homing missiles are bugging me. They do NOTHING. ._.
I feel that her normal missiles should shock and have no knock back, but maybe 4-5% damage?
I think Ethan has a good idea here. (As far as effects go, make it an Aura effect, like it's a phazon missile or something.)

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
I actually don't want Samus to use the regular missiles at all. Or maybe not. Still feeling things out.

Just providing feedback is great, I really like reading peoples comments and knowing people are still interested in this little project.

I haven't made any changes to ganondorf; I am using a nightly build the plussery has provided. So yea, that's ganondorf.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
hm... adding stun effects to her regular missiles seems like a pretty cool idea... leave them how they are now, just with the ability to stun. makes for a lot of set ups.

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
hm... adding stun effects to her regular missiles seems like a pretty cool idea... leave them how they are now, just with the ability to stun. makes for a lot of set ups.
problem with this is that it makes her play a lot like regular samus. I don't want dark samus to be spammy at all. I want her to be very stoic and careful about what moves she throws out.

Zephron

Smash Ace
Sorry for typical question that was probably asked a lot but I want an up-to-date answer.

Do you want to / do you think it's possible for Dark Samus to be B+ legal for tournaments and such?

If so what are you doing to make that happen?
(As some of you know I'm working on Young Link so these thoughts are in my mind as well)

colored blind

Smash Journeyman
Also, this isn't really important, but it'd be cool if the Utilt had some Warlock/Falcon Punch qualities about it. So it's still not a good close range move, but it still has some use.

And when tweaking the moveset, I just want to say that even though she's going to be slow, even Ganondorf has some straight up combos, especially when the opponent has bad DI.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
problem with this is that it makes her play a lot like regular samus. I don't want dark samus to be spammy at all. I want her to be very stoic and careful about what moves she throws out.
Hmm... How about having no knockback or actual flinch, but causing the opponent's movement to pause for a moment? Like with ZSS's B, but without flinch.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Any recent vids?
No, but I have a few I took recently that I can post. It shows me showing off her moves in training. (And as an added bonus, you get to see me fail at life. XD)

EDIT: :mad: Frigging DVD recorder... Well, the videos will have to wait until I fix the audio. Awesome. -_-

The Immortal Sir NZ

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for typical question that was probably asked a lot but I want an up-to-date answer.

Do you want to / do you think it's possible for Dark Samus to be B+ legal for tournaments and such?

If so what are you doing to make that happen?
(As some of you know I'm working on Young Link so these thoughts are in my mind as well)
GoodoldGanon has said that these characters don't have much of a chance getting into the offical codeset, but if there has to be some, but my feelings are that if they are well made and unique characters, they might add a few, Roy, DS and Doc are the first ones that come to mind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom