• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Date Change: OWTA! Mini-Tourny at Harriet's 7/24

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
Update: So Masky talked to me about holding the fundraising event in fall with the large influx of incoming freshmen and just a larger population overall, and Rohins and I agree it would be a better idea.
---

This event will now be held on Friday at 2 PM for those who are still interested

!OWTA! Mini-Tourny and Smash Co-mingling! Friday 7/24

2601 SW Archer Road Gainesville, FL

Melee Tournament Rules

$3 Singles
$5 per team
Your standard rules

HOUSING:
Housing for Friday and Saturday night provided ($1 per night)

FOOD:

I am providing cold soft drinks and water, but no food
"Josh has enough ingredients to make a wide variety of "Half-meals""-Dark Sonic
You guys are welcome to help out with refreshments ;)

CiCi's All you can eat pizza for 7 Dollars
TGI Fridays
Checkers
Bento's

SETUPS:
Looking around, I can have like....7-8 TVs (6 in the living room, 1 in each bedroom). There are only 14 chairs, but if you end up sitting on the floor I have plenty of books to stack the TVs to a comfortable height.

This even could run comfortably with 16 people...20 people at most.

Bring:

TVs, extension cords, fold up chairs, sleepy stuff, bathroom stuff. There are 4 sinks, 2 showers, and 2 toilets.

Plenty of parking since it's summer.

Attendance (estimated turnout: 8):
Me
Sub Scorpion
BlindGhost
Derf
Derf's beard
Exarch
UF Gaming Club?

TVs
2 from me
1 from Derf
1 from Exarch

Older OUTDATED post-->

Who would be interested in a Gainesville tourny in late June?

The gaming club president said we'd pay $5 to play for a charity event (i.e. March of Dimes) and he'd give out money in the form of a gift card. We're renting a room at the Reitz Union (for like $30) and they said they'd provide some TVs but I don't know exactly how much.

Then we could have a mini tourny at my place (I'm only saying mini because i think only like 14-16 people could fit comfortably) or just a fest. And of course I'm housing for anyone who doesn't wanna make the drive back so soon. (Very successful smashfest and housing last time Orlando was here)

You guys would still have to bring T.V.s to play at my place afterward.

crispyone

Smash Journeyman
Who would be interested in a Gainesville tourny in late June?

The gaming club president said we'd pay $5 to play for a charity event (i.e. March of Dimes) and he'd give out money in the form of a gift card. We're renting a room at the Reitz Union (for like $30) and they said they'd provide some TVs but I don't know exactly how much.

Then we could have a mini tourny at my place (I'm only saying mini because i think only like 14-16 people could fit comfortably) or just a fest. And of course I'm housing for anyone who doesn't wanna make the drive back so soon. (Very successful smashfest and housing last time Orlando was here)

You guys would still have to bring T.V.s to play at my place afterward.
Usually when you make a thread about a tournament, it doesn't work out. Just saying. Haha.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
If I can get a ride/driver's license I'll be there fo sho, 3-stocking people with my pro Ness. And it's for a good cause so double yesz.

What exactly is "late June", though? I'll be at a family reunion the last weekend in June, so I just hope it's before then...

Neon Ness

So..........

Is this still happening, or no? I was actually looking forward to this tournament as well as the one at Hookah Hut.

I miss the Gainesville smashers. Very few people play Smash here in Jacksonville that I know of. :/

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
Usually when you make a thread about a tournament, it doesn't work out. Just saying. Haha.
Werd, I'm just scouting.

I'd be down.

Is anyone besides Fred and I around in Gville this summer?
Oscar and Blindghost (steve) are the only other two.

But going with Raph, I'm just going to talk to the prez on reserving a room in July (since UF students are on break after this Friday between Summer A and Summer B).

Does Saturday July 18th sound good for you guys?

Renth

Smash Hero
you know, i'll more than likely be back in gainesville in time for this shizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
That sounds perfect for me. After my mom gets back from Peru, but before my little bro's birthday. If this gets confirmed, I am SO there.

Waza

Smash Apprentice
I'm in. I'm sure Saiya, Ricky, Adrian, Ray, and Onyx will be game for it too...

This is gonna be primarily melee right? :chuckle:

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
I mean, other than the people I usually smash with.

Which is the better part of Gainesville smash.

I guess I meant OTHER melee players

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Awwww, is this a bday present for me?

I bet it isn't. I bet you forgot, Josh!!!

Neon Ness

So... yeah...

I hope no one forgot about dis. It's set for this Saturday according to the opening post.

Is it strictly Melee, or are there gonna be other games on the side? I was going try to see if I could bring BlazBlue or Street Fighter IV if anyone's bringing PS3s.

Or am I like the only one still thinking about this tournament.

Renth

Smash Hero
ya i wish i was there... should've been i'll let you guys know whenever i can finally make it :(

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
i'd show up to one after august 22nd

until then

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa no

Top Bottom