• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Bunny, why you gotta cockblock all our fun?

Do you need a hug?

...or perhaps something more?

NNID
Budget_Player
I win against wolf. Hard matchup. So many wolfs in MI.
I thought wolf was another one of those 1 grab=death matchups...

Anyways, I need some advice on DDD. I'm currently working on brawl- (http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=255190) and don't know what to do with this guy. How can we break him without making him shut out chars? Infiniting everyone is definitely not an option (duh), and I can't think of anything decent other than the usual power buffs that most chars are getting.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Budget, now that it seems that your project is in full swing, I am in full support of it and will offer my thoughts for all characters.

also, A to the Z was making fun of Gates for loosing to a(n incredible) wolf.

EDIT-

For DDD- Don't change his chain grab. I think there are better more original ways to break him, and it won't take much. We just need to revise his lesser used moves.
Forward smash- Brawl+ took a very interesting route, one taken right out of Guilty Gear's Potekmon. Its something a broken D3 will need, but not on Forward smash. Give this move a lot of invincibility frames similar to A.B.A.'s Danzai, which can be read about here
http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5409
By doing this, you break his forward smash, without it just being LOL I use it, end game. I still think that we should keep some design logic in the way we are breaking the charecters. Making Ganon as fast as Falcon is NOT the kind of thing we want. So, give D3 invincibility so he can charge this through attacks, but its still super slow, so give it to hits, one hit will suck them in to the sweet spot, and the second hit will be the hammer falling, making it to where it is litterally designed to be used as I am describing, to forsee an on going attack, make D3s body a hitbox with a set knockback right in the sweet spot of the hammer, and then kill em.

Dash Attack- Here is where the unblockable auto trip move needs to be. This attack is just fast enough to be useful to auto trip grounded opponents. It should hit any grounded opponents, and gives D3 a good chance to set up against projectile charecters that he generally has trouble with. Now, Olimar can no longer sit peacfully, because D3 will have a chance to trip him and set up for a number of things on him. Snake can no longer blindy throw gernades at him. It fixes his approach problem, and adds to his tech chase ability. Just make sure he can't do it to infinite.

Upsmash- Let's make this a defensive move. Create a hitbox that trails the upsmash, I'm not sure what effect you would want to use, but make it rational, no dark or fire or anything like that. Make it end with him having this protective hit bubble around him. Upsmash can't kill, and is too slow to truly punish. So this provides a useful reimagining of an other wise bland move.

Side b- The Waddle throw. Good, agaisnt 1/3rd of the cast. However, I don't see much a reason to change it. The one change I would make was allow D3 to recover health by swallowing his minions.

Jet Hammer- Jet Hammer is an odd attack. There isn't much special about it, despite about how flashy it is. I have a suggestion-

You see his **** hitbubble? Make that hit bubble be a spike. Its crazy I know, but DDD needs a slightly more reliable spike hitbox. Do it.

Upair- Make the last hit spike. You can escape with DI of course, but D3 still needs a spike.

Well, that's my suggestions. I'll consider and submit more for other characters soon.

This was my suggestion for the Brawl-
Anyone have any thoughts?
Remember, this is a project where every character is suppose to be God Tier.

NNID
Budget_Player
**** yeah **** spike.

Holy **** that's like the 3rd phrase today that verified my existence.
The other two:
-Holy crap, what CAN MK do against bowser now?
-TO THE SOURCEFORGEADDRESSICAN'TREMEMBERLOGININFORMATIONFORMOBILE!

I'll look through the changes and add 'em to the DDD list. Thanks.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
ah okay lol

i kinda had a feeling, but nobody responded to it so I kinda wasn't sure XD

edit: also, lain rarely plays DDD in tournament anymore from what I've seen :(

Gates

Banned via Warnings
edit: also, lain rarely plays DDD in tournament anymore from what I've seen :(
He's always been an ICs main above all else but he does still use Dedede for several matches like Snake, Wario, Marth, Ike, and others.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Budget, now that it seems that your project is in full swing, I am in full support of it and will offer my thoughts for all characters.

also, A to the Z was making fun of Gates for loosing to a(n incredible) wolf.

EDIT-

This was my suggestion for the Brawl-
Anyone have any thoughts?
Remember, this is a project where every character is suppose to be God Tier.
He needs a spike? We already have one in regular Brawl. Our upB.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Oh ok.

Didn't they have a santa hat thread in Pool Room last year? You think they'll do that again?

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Oh ok.

Didn't they have a santa hat thread in Pool Room last year? You think they'll do that again?
I think they did. xD I didn't do it last year. They may have it again, not sure.

Top Bottom