• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Yeah, people are still assuming that Sheik has been replaced by Phantom/Impa and that Viridi still has a chance to be playable.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
I simply mentioned P:M because it was inferred that no incarnation of DDD could be successful without a chain-grab or some other guaranteed follow-up out of his throw, so I brought up a version of DDD that had neither and yet still managed to get a top 6 placing at an extremely large international tournament. Since Smash 4 is a different game that will have different physics and mechanics, using P:M DDD as a disproving example is actually just as valid as using Smash 4 DDD. My point is that Smash 4 DDD could be awesome without possessing what made him polarizing in Brawl. We really will have to just wait and see. ;)

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Technically, he gets followups out of almost anything (though he also gets combo'ed out of everything).

PM stun system is silly imo.

| Big D |

Smash Master
DDD is top tier in PM. Got 2nd at GC beating Bladewise, Eggz, and gimpy. Lost 3-1 to Silent Wolf though.

Anything can happen, for all we know DDD could be the best or worst in smash 4.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
I think DDD is excellent vs space animals in Project M.

DDD does not need a chaingrab to be a good character, as his space control is still ridiculous in brawl even when he fights characters he cannot chaingrab.

We'll see how he is in Smash 4, I'm definitely gonna put alot of time into him.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
I believe we only played 3 pure DDD vs ICs sets, the other set you beat my gnw with MK and the set before that I beat your MK / fox with gnw.

Our first DDD vs ICs set went to game 5, then the second set you 3-0'd me, then this last tournament I 2-0d your ICs. Could be wrong but this is what I remember.

NAKAT

Smash Champion
That is correct, but I am acknowledging that the first time went I went MK vs your GNW we did IC's vs D3 in that set too and I won.

D3 is at worst -2. I honestly still believe it is. One win can't change a matchup, and Vex is a really solid player leagues ahead of every other D3.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Since I've heavily researched the matchup and applied my new understanding to how to play it more properly, I haven't dropped a set to Ice Climbers. I've beaten Vinnie, Nakat, and DRN's IC's in tournament, and have beaten DRN and Delux in money matches. I'm not bragging as much as I'm using this as evidence as to how I can see it as being not bad for Dedede.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I think everyone moved to Smash 4.
As bad and messy and full of people as that place is.

Top Bottom