• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

SuSa

Banned via Administration
LOL @ MK reference ^

Dedede's Infinite is not a variable - something that IC's have (get rid of nana = no more infinites) therefore arguing banning one causes both to get bans is stupid.

Dedede's infinite is ALWAYS THERE and there is NO WAY to rid of it. Playing the "don't get grabbed card" doesn't matter because if you do get grabbed too bad.

IC's you play the "get rid of Nana card" before and during the "don't get grabbed card".

Tekk

Smash Lord
Okay thanks.
Yeah there's many ways to don't get grabbed, it makes me remember a ladder match on All is Brawl ladder against MTHunter, a really good DK, I won but in 3 matches I could grab him like 3, 4 times ?even DK can avoid Dedede's grabs :p

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Just a real quick question. Who, statistically, is America and/or Canada's best D3? I know these questions are not allowed on SWF but can some1 answer me? Thanks
I actually looked into this today based on tourney results under the following criteria:

1. As he asked, it has to be from America and Canada. This means no Puerto Rico (sorry Ling Ling and Rated), no Europe (sorry Smudge and Tero), no Japan (残念に思うSmasher), etc.
2. It will be based on top8s with Dedede only. If they did not use Dedede that tourney or did not top8, it will not count.
3. The players in question must have top8'd with Dedede recently (read: since 5/1/09) to qualify for the final rankings.This was to ensure that people who quit Dedede/quit Brawl/stopped being good/died weren't factored in (tbh I think if this weren't done M2K would have been #1). However, tourney data was pulled from as far back as May 2008 to ensure that there was as much data as possible.
4. The methodology for this was as follows: Each placing for each tourney was recorded for each player and those were averaged and rounded to the nearest integer. Then the tournament size for each tourney was recorded and averaged and rounded to the neare3st integer. The first number was then divided by the second and that number was then subtracted from 1 to find the % listed here. In other words, the higher the % the better they are.

So without further ado, here is the ranking:

#. Player - %, Average Tourney Placing, Average Tourney Attendance

1. CO18 - 96.0%, 2.5, 61.9
2. Teba - 95.6%, 3.2, 71.9
3. lain - 95.0%, 2.6, 51.5
4. Seibrik - 93.7%, 2.8, 44.2
5. Atomsk - 93.6%, 3.2, 49.5
6. Chillindude829 - 93.5%, 2.6, 39.4
7. Hungrybox - 92.6%, 3.8, 51.0
8. Buuman - 89.8%, 4.4, 42.8

Here are my thoughts on the placings:

Buuman - In by a hair! Good **** man, keep trapping people.

Hungrybox - I don't really know him that well but he's certainly one of the best in Florida. Speaking of, why does FL have 3 people on here? Goddam guys haha.

Chillin - Uhh, it's chillin, what is there to say? He's mad good and he always has been, even if he's not technically a dedicated Dedede main.

Atomsk - I honestly expected him to be higher, but then again he does live in the same state as M2K so that hurt his tourney placings a lot haha. And you also have to compete against CO18, lain, and Seibrik...poor guy. At least he has Saffy to keep him company haha.

Seibrik - Barely made it back to the list. Seibrik was the Dedede who really inspired me to keep going with him and until he quit Dedede (for the first time lol) I really thought he was the best there was. He's still very good and I'm looking forward to him coming back to the king.

lain - Tough break bro, you can't be the best ICs AND the best Dedede :p. btw, SHAME ON YOU FOR NOT GOING TO VAY'S GOING AWAY SMASHFEST ON WEDNESDAY! The man's going to the horrible backwards third world country that is Japan where he'll be subjected to the torture of public transportation, Pit being 4th on the tier list, and TEACHING! I'm sentencing you to come to GYGO next month as penance.

Teba - I was actually really surprised at this. Don't get me wrong, Teba is **** good, but I honestly thought there was no way he'd be second. I guess a large part of this has to do with the fact that WC tourneys are huge (bigger than other regions anyway), but it's still surprising. I guess I could redo it based solely off of average placement, but then lain and chillin would be tied for second and Atomsk and Teba would be tied for 5th. Oh well, good **** to him.

CO18 - I said that early on in my Dedede career Seibrik was my main inspiration. Now I have 2 more inspirations: lain and CO18. I respect lain a lot because we're both MW but at the same time he uses ICs more than Dedede now. CO18 goes All Dedede All The Time which I am astonished at sometimes (like against melee1's Ice Climbers at Whobo) and respect all the time. CO18, you are an incredible player and a pillar of the community and you deserve to be the best. You truly are the King of Kings.

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
I actually looked into this today based on tourney results under the following criteria:

1. As he asked, it has to be from America and Canada. This means no Puerto Rico (sorry Ling Ling and Rated), no Europe (sorry Smudge and Tero), no Japan (残念に思うSmasher), etc.
2. It will be based on top8s with Dedede only. If they did not use Dedede that tourney or did not top8, it will not count.
3. The players in question must have top8'd with Dedede recently (read: since 5/1/09) to qualify for the final rankings.This was to ensure that people who quit Dedede/quit Brawl/stopped being good/died weren't factored in (tbh I think if this weren't done M2K would have been #1). However, tourney data was pulled from as far back as May 2008 to ensure that there was as much data as possible.
4. The methodology for this was as follows: Each placing for each tourney was recorded for each player and those were averaged and rounded to the nearest integer. Then the tournament size for each tourney was recorded and averaged and rounded to the neare3st integer. The first number was then divided by the second and that number was then subtracted from 1 to find the % listed here. In other words, the higher the % the better they are.

Hungrybox - I don't really know him that well but he's certainly one of the best in Florida. Speaking of, why does FL have 3 people on here? Goddam guys haha.

Chillin - Uhh, it's chillin, what is there to say? He's mad good and he always has been, even if he's not technically a dedicated Dedede main.

Atomsk - I honestly expected him to be higher, but then again he does live in the same state as M2K so that hurt his tourney placings a lot haha. And you also have to compete against CO18, lain, and Seibrik...poor guy. At least he has Saffy to keep him company haha.

Seibrik - Barely made it back to the list. Seibrik was the Dedede who really inspired me to keep going with him and until he quit Dedede (for the first time lol) I really thought he was the best there was. He's still very good and I'm looking forward to him coming back to the king.

lain - Tough break bro, you can't be the best ICs AND the best Dedede :p. btw, SHAME ON YOU FOR NOT GOING TO VAY'S GOING AWAY SMASHFEST ON WEDNESDAY! The man's going to the horrible backwards third world country that is Japan where he'll be subjected to the torture of public transportation, Pit being 4th on the tier list, and TEACHING! I'm sentencing you to come to GYGO next month as penance.

Teba - I was actually really surprised at this. Don't get me wrong, Teba is **** good, but I honestly thought there was no way he'd be second. I guess a large part of this has to do with the fact that WC tourneys are huge (bigger than other regions anyway), but it's still surprising. I guess I could redo it based solely off of average placement, but then lain and chillin would be tied for second and Atomsk and Teba would be tied for 5th. Oh well, good **** to him.

CO18 - I said that early on in my Dedede career Seibrik was my main inspiration. Now I have 2 more inspirations: lain and CO18. I respect lain a lot because we're both MW but at the same time he uses ICs more than Dedede now. CO18 goes All Dedede All The Time which I am astonished at sometimes (like against melee1's Ice Climbers at Whobo) and respect all the time. CO18, you are an incredible player and a pillar of the community and you deserve to be the best. You truly are the King of Kings.
I can't thank you enough for spending so much time for compiling all this information and stating your opinions on each rank. Thanks! I hope we all could learn a lot from CO18, lain and Seibrik's Dedede.

Tekk

Smash Lord
Lain 3rd best ranked D3 ?wow I didn't expect this at all...I mean Lain's dedede is hella good but he's his second, I expected Atomsk at this rank, at least.

Tekk

Smash Lord
Sorry I don't feel like playing online atm xD
I'm trying to play more offline, and I'm pretty tired I didn't sleep last night, maybe next time sorry.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
FF ftw =3

Also, I think B-reversing a inhale may help us with our bad air speed (lol cuz we is fat =3). Discuss

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy

Double post but who gives a ****.

WHERE THE HELL AM I ON THIS LIST ._.

CO18

Smash Hero
why thank you gates. Also I think i finally learned the tl matchup some. I didnt know waddle dees are so effective vs him ive never even tried them thinking theyd be useless. Ftilts pretty gud too.

Tekk

Smash Lord
Lol I hate this stupid little toon link.
He's as annoying as a crying baby that throws toys all around him.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
why thank you gates.
np :)
Also I think i finally learned the tl matchup some. I didnt know waddle dees are so effective vs him ive never even tried them thinking theyd be useless. Ftilts pretty gud too.
Yeah, I guess I forgot to mention that because it seemed obvious to me haha. Whenever Toon Link is far away from me I try to keep a Waddle on the field at all times. It basically limits them to only throwing bombs and zairing and only being able to boomerang you when you're in the air.

Top Bottom