• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I got 5th in Singles and 2nd in Doubles. Basically, I was bracket-****ed in singles. I HAD REFLEX IN THE FIRST ****ING ROUND! I was ****ing flipping out. I tried changing all the **** I could and nobody went through with it. So instead of me being excited, I was nervous out of my ****ing mind.

After I was sent to the loser's brackets (2-0 =( I suck. But I didn't get 3-stocked. I got Reflex down to 1-stock first game and got 2-stocked second game), I made my way up to 5th where I lost to George (Kirby main). Lets just put it as this.

I ****ING HATE TRIPPING!!!!!!!!!!

OF ALL THE GOD**** TIME IN THE WORLD TO TRIP, IT WOULD BE IN THAT ENTIRE SET!

Tripping didn't let me techchase, I tripped when I tried to dashdance into a dash attack, I tripped when Kirby missed the Up-B, and you can imagine what else. After that set, I was ****ing disturbed. It only made me more determined to hack my Wii and put no tripping.

They are putting the YouTube videos up of the Doubles Grand Finals. It was me and Geou (pretty cool dude) vs Reflex and Elev8. It was ****ing awesome, but we still ended up losing because Pikachu doesnt wanna die from a ****ing fsmash. I lawl'ed at their strategy a bit. I say this because they kept going for Geou (I'm not sure why. I'm guessing because they thought he was better than me. I dunno.) More or less, we tried our hand and we failed.

Reflex has some pretty ****ing annoying characters. He picked up Pikachu (much to my surprise), ***** my *** with Squirtle, and pretty much is a good as a player as people say he is. I feel as though I would have been more hyped if I had got put on the other brackets in Singles, but that's just how getting bracket-****ed works. I'll post when they have the videos up.

Also, I still have much to improve on. But overall, everyone was surprised at my skill. I need to go to more tourneys. It was ****ing fun.

Wifi can go E.A.D.

NO LONGER CAN PEOPLE CALL ME A WIFI HERO! HIP HIP ****ING HOORAY!!!1

CO18

Smash Hero
Gj told you reflex would be hard. Vs squirtle you basically just sit there and poke then grab him with he appraoches preditable, pivot grabs are good too. His squirtle usually kills me first but barely so I can kill him real quick after that then his ivy and charziard get *****.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I might be going to Tuscaloosa for T1J's tourney. Maybe. If I go, I can redeem myself for having Reflex ***-****.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Last time I looked at DDD's matchups was like... a year ago.. back when I mained him.

:laugh: :laugh::laugh:
Silly SuSa, any matchup statements before my thread was created are null and void. The Kirby matchup is between 40:60 and 45:55. On Rainbow Cruise it's between 45:55 and 50:50 and some would even argue that Dedede has a solid advantage on that stage.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
good **** serin you got the same place as me xD
cept in doubles where i got rocked ;B.
Anyway uhh kirby sucks and ice climbers are cool

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
We seriously need a mod for the d3 boards... WHO ALL VOTES GATES?!

WHO ALL VOTES ME? (for the lulz :p)

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Rofl @ 65-35. Matchup is even or slightly in kirbys favor at worst.
I'm with CO18 here once again. We have pretty much the same opinion on our King Dedede matchups. I believe it's only 55:45 Kirby because he can combo us easily, which is the only small advantage. It's not that bad of a matchup and I do great against Kirbys otherwise.
Yeah good stuff on the placings though Serin, good job. I finally acquired internet back!

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
That's correct Juppities :). He can only really kill us with forward smash but it's highly predictable, especially after a down air. It's not that bad when you know what you're up against. Kirbys like to start the match off with their forward throw, to up air combo on heavy weights like us and Donkey Kong, so I'll just spotdodge because I know that's coming. I pretty much play the match just like that the entire time, so it's not as bad as against Meta Knight, Olimar, or Falco.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Beefy, I agree about 80% of what you say. Partly because their Fsmash is COMPLETELY overpowered and that a Dair > Fsmash can barely be avoided. More or less I agree with everything else.

CO18

Smash Hero
How is kirbys Fsmash overpowered. Its super predictable and the only kill move besides side b that kills at a decent range.

And Down Air to Fsmash is only guaratneed if you trip..

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
I'm back.
Welcome back sire. You don't seem that content with yourself :(.
How is kirbys Fsmash overpowered. Its super predictable and the only kill move besides side b that kills at a decent range.

And Down Air to Fsmash is only guaratneed if you trip..
I think he meant overpowered the same way our up tilt is, meaning it can kill very early and has little lag. Any other property of the attack is excluded. I meant it being like that also.

Top Bottom