• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

| Big D |

Smash Master
I've played this MU a lot and I've learned a couple things.

Ftilt is your best friend. At low percents it conditions them to shield. At high percents it puts them in the air. Mix up your ftilts with your grabs.

Bair > dair is pretty safe if done right.

Always bthrow/fthrow. The punishes you get on Olimars landings are easier than doing tech chases, and it's more damage.

As for pikmin, shield purples, and if anything other than a white attaches to you, ignore it. It iwll make getting in a lot easier.

In this mu I try to go in, and abuse ftilt. I would reccomend watching Vex play the mu, he inspired me.

I'd recommend watching Vex play the mu.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
^ Basically this. If you could land a down tilt while Olimar is at the ledge at over 50 percent it should be easy to Gimp him since he sends in that straight/downward angle olimar doesnt like.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
What are your experiences with going aggro vs Olimar vs playing patient? I'm really asking which one is better, but when do you use each style and how you do it. Is there a certain type of Oli you like to use each playstyle against, a certain range, a specific point in the fight, ect?
You pretty much have to play aggro the entire time or else pikmin rack up damage like a *****. Thats what makes the mu rather bleh. Just dodge the pikmin like its the matrix and go ham, thats pretty much it simply.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
One thing I was told was that Olimar only has 3 kill moves: usmash, fsmash, bthrow. And he doesn't get ny more for a long time afterwards. So once you are in the kill range for these, ignore the tossed pikmin altogether. I was told this for GnW, so I would imagine the same theory would be true for anyone else.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
That means that if DDD is at death percent and Olimar gets a Purple-Blue-Purple lineup we're pretty much screwed unless something really awsome happens.

| Big D |

Smash Master
Well in that case I guess you just have to abuse ftilt.

Seriously the move is so godly in that MU. I've had an Olimar call Dedede gay before.

C.J.

Smash Master
^^^ Pretty much

Purple's grab range is pitiful so if you're being safe and spacing everything amazingly then purple grab shouldn't be able to get you really.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I have returned.

I picked up two jobs while in school again and I realize that I will never have any free time to do anything. Ever. My classes are too much work this semester.

So I dropped one of jobs so I maintain my sanity. The guide is back in progress. The bulk of it is done. But I'm working on details and spellcheck etc.

Zekeishere

Smash Ace

| Big D |

Smash Master
I'd still say it's better to fthrow/bthrow as the reward is greater, and use dthrow to try and kill.

Also I would be forever grateful if this thread got renamed to something a long the lines of

"Dedede is invincible" I'm completely serious.

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
The instantaneous reward is higher, but many Olimar players Hold up and buffer AD or something meaning you can just grab them again.

idk man, You gotta know your options as DDD. I get a lot of kills out of D throw at High level play against a lot of different characters. And god knows its hard enough for the king to get his kills.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Its always amusing to me when I see other character mains talking about how hard it is for them to get kills.

makes me giggle inside.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Does Olimars really let themselves to be regrabbed?
As in, why would they DI up and Airdodge when they can DI down and get techchased (which is much better than just getting their AD read)?

There are some things in high/top-level I can not comprehend, like why does everybody DI away Falco's Dthrow at high percentages and get BDACUSed, if by DIing upwards Falco gets less killing options (at least, most of them would need a read).
I have seen some mid/midhigh level players do that and get away with it.

Exdeath

Smash Master
A massive filler portion of Brawl's metagame are little tid bits that many players won't be privy to, some of which include move-specific DI (e.g. :dedede:'s and :falco:'s Dthrows). It's not practical to expect people to know everything and still be able to practice the game to a reasonable degree.

-Crews-

a Strawhat Pirate
Lol I vote making double spammed spot dodge a D3 advanced technique. I swear to god this broken spot dodge, when spammed, tips all of his mu's by 5 % in his favor. I now coin this AT double broken invincibility. It's sad how well this "stragety" actually works, spot dodge -> spot dodge -> grab/sheild grab -> cg/back or forward throw.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
yo, im at work so i cant go on youtube

but theres vids of me (ddd) vs ryo at a recent tourny, finally beat himmm :D

so check it out

and also, alternatively theres vids of my falco playing hbox and showing how bad the MU is lol

not sure what can be done for ddd vs my falco, JUST SAYING

White91

Smash Apprentice
Dedede for everything. I've come to learn most of his **** matchups, snake for metaknights

:phone:

| Big D |

Smash Master
Serious though, in the new age of brawl, if you want Dedede to go back to where he was on the first tier list (3rd) what we have to do is simple.

Change the thread title to Dedede is invincible.

Exdeath

Smash Master
If you don't know how to use bananas properly, then throw them onto the stage on the side that you control (a.k.a. away from :diddy:). On that note, I don't think that any :dedede: knows how to use bananas properly.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
It's pretty hard to be willing to learn DDD's banana/item game, considering his Item Throw is very slow and his glidetoss gets him nowhere...

Exdeath

Smash Master
Didnt 9b master the ddd single nanner lock before he dropped the character

:phone:
It is possible to learn the SNL before learning how to glide toss.

I get the feeling that you're implying that 9B has mastered bananas to some degree because he managed to fumble around with the SNL in tournament, so I'll say this: SNL/glide toss are only part of using bananas. Saying that the ability to use SNL means that one has mastered bananas is like saying that the ability to perform an :popo: infinite means that one has mastered :popo:.

On a separate tangent, :dedede: going for the SNL and :dedede: not going for the SNL tend to be very different approaches to the match-up. :dedede: generally does not like being in the air above :diddy: normally, however it is by far the easiest way to force the SNL. The only way(s) that I can think of naturally setting up a SNL is Dair>foot stool or Bair trip>SNL. :dedede:'s extremely low horizontal aerial mobility makes it very difficult to set-up the SNL. Fortunately, his fall speed gives it one of the largest windows of executions once it begins.

Top Bottom