• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

Exdeath

Smash Master
naw he used a bunch of unconventional mechanics, safe at times, but extremely unconventional, he stopped doing so towards the end which is why he lost imo, well that and not banning fd.
...They're still basic and effective. The only real high-risk/high-reward/reading rainbow player there was Will.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
didnt read the last page cuz the matchup is upsetting to read/talk about

but im not going to whobo so thats that

in other news

i beat Raptor in a 25 dollar mm best of 5 DDD vs Yoshi all the way woop

Exdeath

Smash Master
Things to remember: ZSS' Down-B has invincibility but Bair is meaty enough to last through it and hit before her flip kick comes out. ZSS' tethers have no hit boxes if they tether the ledge and from that point she must: Press down or away to release the tether (bad DI), hang on the tether in a mandatory, predictable direction (if the player didn't hold up during the Up-B/Side-B. they will have no DI) or snap to the ledge in a mandatory, predictable direction without invincibility or -- I repeat -- a hit box (think a faster Lucario Up-B).

Probably-incomplete Bair flow chart for edge guarding ZSS: If she's in range for invincible Bair, Bair; if she jumps or Down-Bs, Bair; if you are below her (always prepare for fast fall) and she's facing you, Fair or Bair; if she shoots a paralyzer shot and it doesn't put you in range of her Down-B, Bair.

To be more specific: If at any point she is off-stage, can't foot stool you hanging on the ledge, and she doesn't have another jump or Down-B, grab the ledge. While she's recovering, jump off stage with your back facing her, Bair her on reaction to her not Side-Bing. If the Side B is retreating, you can jump>Side-B (although you're better off letting her continue since it puts her in a worse position) and if she's advancing then grab the ledge (you can stay drifting by the ledge and hold down or away so that you only need to let go of the control stick to immediately grab it).

Once you have Baired ZSS, either grab the ledge if she has to use Side-B/Up-B or Bair her again if you can (and then grab the ledge). As soon as you enter the zone for her Up-B to hit you after ledge invincibility, either ledge roll if she she's at the end of the tether snap distance or ledge release>Fair>delayed fast fall if she'll tether the ledge. If her Side-B will hit you if you continue to hold the ledge, either ledge release Bair if it will tether the ledge or ledge get-up>re-grab the ledge. If you ledge get-up>regrab the ledge and they tether before you re-grab the ledge, Bair -- either they Uair you and you die at ~180% fresh or she gets hit by Bair and you follow the Bair flow chart accordingly.

Differentiating when and where her tethers will grab the ledge requires experience.

EDIT: I mis-read the subject of the question as "edge guarding." My bad.

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Hoping its ok to double post seeing as its been some time now.

Anyway, can you guys give me some tips to landing up tilt? I've seen the inhale to happy ending but for the life of me I cant seem to buffer the it properly. Tips for that and some possible mix ups would be appreciated

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Use lots of grabs to sends opponents offstage often, always make offstage pressure with Bair near the ledge, and when you conditioned your opponents to recover quickly, intercept them with utilt.
Just one of the tricks I use.

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Use lots of grabs to sends opponents offstage often, always make offstage pressure with Bair near the ledge, and when you conditioned your opponents to recover quickly, intercept them with utilt.
Just one of the tricks I use.
if you don't mind me asking, why isn't balanced brawl a really big thing like project M. just assuming that you are an advocate of balanced brawl based on your signature. I'd would've assumed people who don't like the balance of vanilla brawl would gravitate towards that mod.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I honestly have no idea lol
A lot of people claim that it's a waste of time, but then again, a lot of that people play P:M, which is no better than BBrawl in the sense that both are meticulous mods designed to please a certain player base.
Like, seriously, BBrawl is almost EXACTLY how you play Brawl, with a couple added gimmicks here and there, but without virtually any of its silly abuses. If you like Brawl and its mechanics, why not give BBrawl a chance?

... At this point it feels like a lot of people play Brawl BECAUSE of its abuses.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Balanced Brawl feels crap to play and a lot of the stuff doesn't fit thematically.

Also you can't buffer up tilt from neutral B unless you make Dedede turn around repeatedly and mash the a button afaik.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Care to elaborate? The BB team (and by that I mean mostly me alone) would be glad to hear feedback, everything helps in the mean to improve.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Sorry I really look for opinions of BB, even if they are by the same person xD

Well, I missed SWF because it consumes like 80% of my internet time...
But I did not miss modding the messy Smash4 boards...

Also I lost my 3DS and as such I lost my drive to try competitive Pokémon (but I preordered Pokémon Y, so I either re-sell it or buy another 3DS).

How about you? long time no see around.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Theres somethign wrong with the thread title, they definitely dont even make tshirts big enough for fat ass dededes

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
Hoping its ok to double post seeing as its been some time now.

Anyway, can you guys give me some tips to landing up tilt? I've seen the inhale to happy ending but for the life of me I cant seem to buffer the it properly. Tips for that and some possible mix ups would be appreciated
Nair > Utilt
FF Airdodge > Utilt
Utilt OoS

Pretty much the main ways that I land the move.

:006:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Sounds plausible if it isn't well spaced, not sure if she retreats though.

Now, something I wanted a place to complain about:
WHOSE MIGHTY IDEA WAS TO CHANGE THE DISPLAY SPEED ON YOUTUBE VIDEOS?
It seriously nearly-kills my computer :c

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
So i want to go to apex but im broke. In the process of selling 4 gc controllers or so for about 20 a pop. Umm. what do u guys suggest? I'm unsure if im really known well enough to get donations from people but I would like to go to apex again. Thoughts? Ill even pick up mk quite a bit so my placing will be higher. Ill try rooting for top 16 or so.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
So i want to go to apex but im broke. In the process of selling 4 gc controllers or so for about 20 a pop. Umm. what do u guys suggest? I'm unsure if im really known well enough to get donations from people but I would like to go to apex again. Thoughts? Ill even pick up mk quite a bit so my placing will be higher. Ill try rooting for top 16 or so.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord

Bobwithlobsters

Smash Journeyman
Dew, what condition and color and brand are your controllers? I could use another and you would be a worthy cause in my opinion.

Kyo, I did not even know you were a part of balanced brawl. That is by far my favorite mod of brawl. For those that like the pace and feel of brawl it is the only real balance attempt for us. I studied game balance theory for a while and really find the field interesting and really liked what you guys did with the game. Didn't like everything but mostly great stuff. Just wanted to say thank you for that awesome mod. Don't play it much anymore do to the lack of player support but I do miss our.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I did never like Zelda's changes but it her design is Brawl is so terrible that there was nothing much to do with her.

But yes, BBrawl ended up being way too sophisticated for a lot of people to like it, losing them and their interest.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Dew, what condition and color and brand are your controllers? I could use another and you would be a worthy cause in my opinion.

Kyo, I did not even know you were a part of balanced brawl. That is by far my favorite mod of brawl. For those that like the pace and feel of brawl it is the only real balance attempt for us. I studied game balance theory for a while and really find the field interesting and really liked what you guys did with the game. Didn't like everything but mostly great stuff. Just wanted to say thank you for that awesome mod. Don't play it much anymore do to the lack of player support but I do miss our.
The quality is tourney quality as these are basically all my controllers that I've been using competitively since 04 melee. Usually after a year or two if they aren't as brand new stiff(the analog) then I would end up buying another. The controllers aren't extremely loose, they tend to be perfect for melee. You may need to xy start sometimes at the start of a controller input to jack but all controllers end up doing that after a year or two

Top Bottom