• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I'm okay with the pikachu matchup. Just stay away from it's grabs below 50% and ban Siege against ESAM.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Why seige as apposed to Delfino?

Just curious.

And falco is more beatable than pikachu i can assure anyone.

I'd need you to paste it if you want an accurate answer.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Siege has more walkoffs while at Delfino, we have a chance to Jab Lock on a wall if we Dthrow and he doesn't tech.

Not that we use Jab or anything =D

But regardless, its a much better stage. A little bit more room for error if you make one.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
The king is back. Lol welcome back seibrik

I've been using jab a lot more lately. Especially to edgeguard falco.

Also alby is gunning for first best d3 in the nation too ;B.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Alby, arent you going to the Halloween Bash on the 31st?

If so, play my Jiggz when we get there. It's about a 3 hour trip for me >.>

Seibrik, if you're going, I want you to play my Jiggz too. And use MK I don't want Utilts killing me at 90% >.>

EDIT: LOL 777 POSTS!

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
=x Touché >.>

Regardless, it's only my 2nd tourney, so I'm going to stay away from MM's until I get more experience =3 I wanna keep my dollar. Thats 4 chicken McNuggets on the way home. :laugh:

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Jiggs versus Dedede is such a fun matchup. There's so much back and forth.

Jupz

Smash Master
Welcome back seibrik! I love watching vids of your MK, hopefully we can see your DDD soon :)

I don't really like using Jiggs that much :p I second MK, Falco, Diddy, Snake and IC's but DDD is far in front of all them (except MK who I use second most :p )

Tekk

Smash Lord
Yea welcome back Seibrik and o hai (I arrived here when you were gone)
ICs are fun to use.
I main Dedede, I second the ICs, and I also love playing DK/falco/marth/ganon

Falcon88

Smash Ace
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7894811&postcount=3

This is my approach to fighting Falco's. I haven't lost to one since adopting this strategy, but on the same hand, haven't fought any one I would call a good falco yet.

From your experiance, would this work against a skilled player?
Hey, I'm new to the D3 boards, but I would question D3's ability to trap Falco anywhere easily, unless it were by pure psychology. Blaster can only be stopped by Waddle Dee Toss, but that's pretty lucky. Side B on the ground is also an alternative means of quick movement to get out of tight spots. It's a tough match for D3, even at lower levels of play (lots of friends main or secondary Falco, and they give me a hard time with my D3). However, your pattern would work as part of an evolving strategy in a match, but would be hard to set up (but so are most situations like this). Overall, I like it. I might try it on my brother.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
The side b has pretty low priority, so a great deal of your moves can stop if.
As for the lazer, shielding and spot doging are very useful, especially when at such close range, they make his lazer very risky, what you could also do is ftilt when he is going to land with the lazer to give him damage that I'm pretty sure (not completly sure) is greater than what you will receive.

Also, though it was not stated in that thread because it had been stated earlier, if you grab the falco and he is hanging off the edge, you can start pumbling him (that's attacking him during a grab) until he is released, which should be a pummel break if done correctly. This sends him downwards, he generally tries to jump immediately, so footstool him or FF Neutral air. This makes it to where he has to recover with his upb, something that can easily be gimped.

Also, it can be easier than you think Falcon, since he is always camping the side. You aproach with perfect shielding, then if he tries to phantom away, predict grab him as he falls back to the ground, and backthrow him towards the ledge. Once there, don't give him any room to work, and respond to each of his attacks appropriately, always keeping an eye out for that grab that will push him over the edge to be pummel released.

This has worked against higher low levels of play for me. Weather or not this works when both players are high skilled I don't know. It all comes down to being able to predict that Falco.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Seib posted some great thoughts on Marth.
And I'm still waiting for someone who has top level experience critique my Falco strategy.

RATED

Smash Lord
Again, Seibrik, I just based those results on tourney data, not how good I actually think each player is (it would be too hard for me to decide based on that...it really is a toss up between CO18, Atomsk, Seibrik, and lain). Anyone who's been playing Dedede for over a year knows how good you are. In fact, last year around this time you'd be the best Dedede hands down imo (assuming M2K was excluded). You've done a ton for the Dedede metagame and we all love you for it. I was ecstatic when I heard you were going back to Dedede and I know we'll only see great things from you from now on.

Also, you're 4th, not 5th lol.
IMO the best DDDs in USA are : CO18, Atomsk , Seibrik. if I were to say a top 3, pardon but I don't find lain's DDD top 5 material.(no punintended) I am not saying that he's not good bcuz he is impresive and those ICs are just insane , but that's my opinion.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
The side b has pretty low priority, so a great deal of your moves can stop if.
As for the lazer, shielding and spot doging are very useful, especially when at such close range, they make his lazer very risky, what you could also do is ftilt when he is going to land with the lazer to give him damage that I'm pretty sure (not completly sure) is greater than what you will receive.

This has worked against higher low levels of play for me. Weather or not this works when both players are high skilled I don't know. It all comes down to being able to predict that Falco.
Okay, this is all good stuff. Maybe I need more practice? And yes, you can ftilt him between lasers if you're close enough - which can be the hard part. Staying airborne is definitely the way to go if you want to approach.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Go to Media Metropolis, Crashic. They have a ton of sig shops there.

And Rated, if you don't think lain is one of the top 5 Dededes, could you tell me who you think is better than him?

Top Bottom