• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

Laem

Smash Champion
Does T still play? I was a big fan of his D3.
D: People know me?
I still play, not alotta tourney to go to tho. + Not too much with d3, he's pretty limited. He's still my main character in teams though, d3 + mk is good and d3 + g&w is pretty exciting.
But honestly, d3 aint worth it, unless you have a personal vendetta vs a wario player.
And yeah, the sheik MU is mad annoying.

+ can some1 link the mk ban poll results xD

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
hey does f-tilt actually do 12% like the guide says? i thought it was more like 6%

also how much damage does n-air do? i'm thinking it's easy to n-air certain things that are b-airable but i'm going to start incorporating n-air whenever i can substitute it for b-air to keep my b-air more fresh
Wait does my guide say that? If so its definitely a typo.

Doc King

Smash Lord
D: People know me?
I still play, not alotta tourney to go to tho. + Not too much with d3, he's pretty limited. He's still my main character in teams though, d3 + mk is good and d3 + g&w is pretty exciting.
But honestly, d3 aint worth it, unless you have a personal vendetta vs a wario player.
And yeah, the sheik MU is mad annoying.

+ can some1 link the mk ban poll results xD
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13390538&postcount=3371

Sush1

Smash Apprentice
MK banned. We're all freed of his dominance... Now that MK is banned, what are all the MK players are gonna use for tourneys?

I'm gonna place my money on marth or diddy.

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
N-air *****! It does like 12%! You can use it to punish MK's full hop Nair on your shield. Or full hop Dair on your shield from the front.

Lol, going off of TC's little trainer cards, assuming that Coney/Atomsk are level 50 DDDs, and CO18 is level 49. I think I'm level 34, Beef is 35, Junk is 30, and TC is 29.

What are your guy's 5 most knowledgable and least knowledgable MUs in a fancy line graph fashion? Then, if you can provide a useful tip that you know for your top 5!

As DDD mine are:
Top 5
[///////////////////////////////////////////~~~] Snake
[/////////////////////////////////~~~~~~~~-] MK
[/////////////////////////////~~~~~~~~~~~] Lucas
[/////////////////////////~~~~~~~~~~~~~] Falco
[/////////////////////~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~-] Olimar

Bottom 5:
[\\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~] Fox
[\\\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~-] Pikachu
[\\\\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~] Squirtle
[\\\\\\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~] Yoshi
[\\\\\\\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~-] Marth

Snake: Spot dodgeing 'nades is really useful. It allows you to get around his camping because the nade goes past you so you don't have to jump over it or wait for it to explode before moving forward.
MK: You can punish SH Fair or D smash on your shield with a dash grab(most characters can't)
Lucas: Hit PK thunder's head with your hammer to extinguish it. Air dodging usually puts you in a bad spot and gets you hit anyways.
Falco: to approach, walk towards him shielding the lasers, when you get to the crucial point where you'll either power shield the laser and grab him or get hit and followed up on, Press Shield, Attack (shield grab) and Back. In this option if you miss the power shield, you'll automatically roll back putting you in a safer position. If you power shield the laser, you'll buffer back throw. :D
Olimar: If you hit Olimar's Shield at max range with D tilt(Which ***** in the MU), you can buffer another D tilt, and unless he buffers grab it will it will hit Olimar out of his grab because of his lack of grab armor. You can also D tilt Olimars U air on the ledge if he goes to high. (You have to hit him AFTER he puts his attack out there. Its very hard to do, but DDD's foot hits a little bit disjoinedly or something because you can do this to Pit and ROB too [F U MetaKnight, I still try, though])

∫unk

Smash Master
N-air *****! It does like 12%! You can use it to punish MK's full hop Nair on your shield. Or full hop Dair on your shield from the front.

Lol, going off of TC's little trainer cards, assuming that Coney/Atomsk are level 50 DDDs, and CO18 is level 49. I think I'm level 34, Beef is 35, Junk is 30, and TC is 29.
Only 6 more levels until...

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
[///////////////////////////////////////////~~~] MK
[////////////////////////////////////////~~~~-] TL
[/////////////////////////////////////~~~~~~] Wario
[/////////////////////////////////~~~~~~~~] Diddy
[//////////////////////////////~~~~~~~~~-] Snake

Worst

[~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~] Ics
[/////~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~-] Olimar
[/////~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~] DK

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
lol thanks... but when I'm not even top 10 in a small country (a tenth the size of America) that's low on skill I don't think I'm "worth mentioning." I don't think I'm quite near Attila's level yet either ;)
this is because we never play!

i'm not that intimidating, surely.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
you will never be able to beat good players unless you get used to playing good players.

you gotta get used to that pressure.

tru fax.

7Claus

Smash Apprentice
Falco: to approach, walk towards him shielding the lasers, when you get to the crucial point where you'll either power shield the laser and grab him or get hit and followed up on, Press Shield, Attack (shield grab) and Back. In this option if you miss the power shield, you'll automatically roll back putting you in a safer position. If you power shield the laser, you'll buffer back throw. :D
That works if he tries to laser > dashgrab, but you'll get hit before your grab comes out if he jabs as soon as he lands.

I think my knowledge in MUs is

Top 5:
[//////////////////////////////////////~~] Snake
[//////////////////////////////////~~~~~~] Zero Suit Samus
[/////////////////////////////~~~~~~~~~~~] Falco
[///////////////////////////~~~~~~~~~~~~~] Wario
[///////////////////////~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~] Pikachu

Bottom 5:
[//////~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~] Fox
[///////~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~] Kirby
[////////~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~] Diddy Kong
[/////////~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~] Sheik/Zelda
[////////////~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~] Lucario

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
For me

[/////////////////////////////////~~] Pit
[/////////////////////////////////~~] Mario
[////////////////////////////////~~~] Wario
[////////////////////////////~~~~~~~] Metaknight
[//////////////////////~~~~~~~~~~~~~] Marth

Worst

[~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~] Olimar
[~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~] Ice Climbers
[///~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~] Falco
[////~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~] Peach (very player dependent)
[/////~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~] Zelda

ZTD | TECHnology

I got 33rd out of 71 this weekend...though I don't know how I got that placement when I got a bracket win .....eh. Coney got 5th. We both pretty much went all :dedede:

I lost to Infern Angelis (0-2) and Fizzle Boy (1-2) So only lost to good people yet again. Infern ended up getting 3rd. My DDD has improved a lot from this weekend and I learned some new stuff.....and I'll be testing a few things as well...so expect to see some thread up about new discoveries etc. I'm really geeked now to get back to testing stuff!

I also did a boatload of MMs and won all but one of them against HadesBlade (it was close though) I feel pretty good about this weekend overall though. Had a blast!

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
Good job TC, but snaaaakee. :( and who did fizzle play?

I got 7th at tourneyplay. Losing to mikeHAZE (last stock last hit) and SK92. I hope I got those seeding points for apex though!

:phone:

ZTD | TECHnology

Good job TC, but snaaaakee. :( and who did fizzle play?

I got 7th at tourneyplay. Losing to mikeHAZE (last stock last hit) and SK92. I hope I got those seeding points for apex though!

Ugh, I have this mental block against Infern. He knows exactly how to get in my head.

And Fizzle used Lucario Game 1 and 2....then used ICs/Smashville. :(

Nice stuff also!

And same to Junk!

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
So, what will be the new pocket character we have to contend with?

I'm expecting Olimar, since he's fairly easy to pick up, and quite a few Falcos as well.

Pikachu not so much as Pikachu actually takes some work to learn, same goes for Icies.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
but without mk, theres gonna be way more snakes and warios around which is great for yall... start looking at the bright side peoples.

4GOD (JJV)

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, this is my first post on this thread. Admittedly, I've been a lurker. I'd like to introduce myself for those who don't know me. My name is Jorge and my tag is 4GOD. I have been playing competitive smash since the summer of 2009. I occasionally travel to OoS tourneys (North Carolina, Alabama, Florida), but I mostly compete in Georgia. My goal is to glorify God and make new friends while playing competitive smash (1 Corinthians 10:31). If I've done it right, there should be a picture below with my little brother and I eating ice cream with brownie (in case you can't tell, im the dude with the Journey shirt lol). I would also like to add to the high-placing D3-fest that was last weekend.

I placed 3rd. Glory to God :D
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=311386

ZTD | TECHnology

The D3s are coming out in full force!

4GOD its nice to finally meet you! Heard you're legit :)

Also guys I forgot to mention....I had the funniest set with Coney in Pools.....*smirk*

Waits for Zak to post.

D3 dittos = hilarious, memorable sets. But still incredibly stupid.

ZTD | TECHnology

We agreed not to Infinite and he thanked me for it lol. I'm pretty good at it but it just makes a stupid MU, unbearable. lol

Also I'm thinking about busting out my :kirby2: for Sheik and a few other MUs/stages.

I think :dedede: / :popo: / :kirby2: could cover a lot of stuff and give me a solid alternative to a lot of annoying situations that seem to befall me in tournament. Plus I LOVE Dreamland characters. Thoughts?

I have also been considering :gw:. I just need one more good secondary along with my ICs. Zeke what situations do you use :gw: aside from other penguins?

Kaptain

Smash Ace
Hey guys, this is my first post on this thread. Admittedly, I've been a lurker. I'd like to introduce myself for those who don't know me. My name is Jorge and my tag is 4GOD. I have been playing competitive smash since the summer of 2009. I occasionally travel to OoS tourneys (North Carolina, Alabama, Florida), but I mostly compete in Georgia. My goal is to glorify God and make new friends while playing competitive smash (1 Corinthians 10:31). If I've done it right, there should be a picture below with my little brother and I eating ice cream with brownie (in case you can't tell, im the dude with the Journey shirt lol). I would also like to add to the high-placing D3-fest that was last weekend.

I placed 3rd. Glory to God :D
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=311386

I think i was there repping that penguin too. Also, you gotta have this if you're a true dedede player:

That dedede hat!

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Ugh Mega-christians.

I have very good reason to dislike them.

Also do want that Dedede hat.

Le vieux lapin

Smash Ace
^Don't start that dude.

@TC: yeah i love dreamland characters. I main D3 and second kirby.
He covers alot of my bad mu's, but not the worst unfortunately. I guess thats why u use IC.

Top Bottom