• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

Le vieux lapin

Smash Ace
Hey does anyone know where I can find the specific frame duration of Jet Hammer's
ending lag? I need to know exactly how long the moves lasts from its initiation to ending.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Why on earth would we CP anyone there.....? Brinstar is so bad for us.
Well for certain matchups, Brinstar would actually be a good cp. Like on Wario cause Brinstar is full of slopes, which gives us chain grab infinites on him and since Brinstar has low ceiling helps us kill him easier with the air release followups. Wario will also have a hard time running away from us.

We can also do this regicide thing where we hit the acid and then us and the opponent get hit and the opponent keeps going down and falls off the stage while we go upwards as usual.

I have a question, but do the obstacles that we can hit on that stage have any effect on stale move negation?

7Claus

Smash Apprentice
They have. Brinstar's pillars and ball things, Luigi's Mansion's pillars, Smashville's balloon, Castle Siege's statues, all count as hits in the stale moves list.

Doc King

Smash Lord
so that means we can use this as a strategy when fighting Mario, Luigi, and Samus because of our standing infinite.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Admittedly, I should test that stage more since Metaknight won't be dominating it anymore.

This could actually be pretty interesting.

I might as well do some research tonight since I have nothing better to do.

*pulls out a 40oz*

Time to get to work.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
placed 13th in tourney last night, out of about 40.
Feels good.

I beat phiddlesticks 2-0, :wario: and :pt: vs :dedede:
lost to darkshadow, 0-2, falco vs pikachu and kirby vs pt
beat mr l, 2-1, snake vs dedede, lost on the neutral but took it back.
and lost to gichan 0-2... barely. wario vs zelda and olimar vs zelda.

apparently i might make pr.

ZTD | TECHnology

Interesting...why the hell didn't do you D3 on Gichan though lol

I see you're moving up though. Keep on improving, PR or not.

Side note: I am having a blast on my 3DS. Bit Trip Saga is soooo much fun <3

It has successfully side tracked me from Brawl tonight. I am still working on a few things though. One of my projects, I will probably need some assistance.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Interesting...why the hell didn't do you D3 on Gichan though lol

I see you're moving up though. Keep on improving, PR or not.

Side note: I am having a blast on my 3DS. Bit Trip Saga is soooo much fun <3

It has successfully side tracked me from Brawl tonight. I am still working on a few things though. One of my projects, I will probably need some assistance.
I know he has a lot of trouble with Zelda, it's a personal counterpick against him, and he tried to pull double-blind on me game 1. I'm not confident at all with my Lucario against his Wario, so I went Zelda knowing it could give him a ton of trouble.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
For people who just come here via thread subscription, I made a tournament results thread. Post tournament results in it.

That is all.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
LOL I love it.

Yeah guys I've been doing some advertising...

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=311729&page=155
****ing hilarious.
I'm gonna quote this exact post and use it to advertise too.

Time to gather more potential Dedede mains!

Good **** Chris. Don't have time to read it yet, but Add it to the research thread.... if we have one O_O

Holy crap I have work to do too. My d*** thread has opinions that aren't really valid anymore. Once I start to prioritize smash as 2nd in my life, I'll update it big time.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Okay King's, I finished my Jet Hammer research. Make sure you check it out.

Here is the link:http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=311467
"3: (*)I discovered an odd irregularity in the maxcharge damage of the Jet Hammer. It might be just a glitch, but in my research, a fully charged Jet Hammer did 31% in Vs. mode, and only 30% in Training mode."

If you would consider training mode to be 100% power on moves, in versus mode all moves do 105% fresh (or something like that). Thats why.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Yo Rapture, if you're serious I can help you. We have a pretty tight community here and always willing to help newcomers.

And oh boy, vids of Zeke.
I mean, I am down to learn. Without a main, things are up in the air. And D3 was my very first main...

Sign me up.

:phone:

Roller

Smash Legend
So, with the MK ban, I was thinking about how that affects my matchups as an Ice Climbers main. And I realized there will probably be more character diversity, including Toon Links, Peachs, Marths, ROBs, and Yoshis. Having a D3 could help me in virtually every matchup left that ICs has any kind of problems with.

And since I have both Tech Chase and Lain nearby, both of which have legit D3s... I figured, why not pick him up? So. I am about to start trying him out. Any tips on what to work on first? I can obviously do his CGs, including the shield grabbing ones. But other than that. D3 seems pretty straight forward to me, anything tricky I need to know?

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
I never got good with Dedede until I started playing him against people a bunch. I don't want to say that's all there is to becoming a good Dedede, and I'm not saying that I'M a good one, but still.

Though, making sure you can do B-reversals in the air and on the ground, Turnaround Inhales, and practice different recovery options. Oh, and don't spam grab.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
And since I have both Tech Chase and Lain nearby, both of which have legit D3s... I figured, why not pick him up? So. I am about to start trying him out. Any tips on what to work on first? I can obviously do his CGs, including the shield grabbing ones. But other than that. D3 seems pretty straight forward to me, anything tricky I need to know?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOO!!!!!

ZTD | TECHnology

So, with the MK ban, I was thinking about how that affects my matchups as an Ice Climbers main. And I realized there will probably be more character diversity, including Toon Links, Peachs, Marths, ROBs, and Yoshis. Having a D3 could help me in virtually every matchup left that ICs has any kind of problems with.

For starting out, you need to practice how to get a real feel for his recovery because its incredibly tricky. You also need to figure out how to do the follow ups from his Down Throw and stuff. Read the following to get started and you can contact me/hit me up at smashfests/tournaments and we'll go from there:

How to Use D3's Moveset to the Fullest (great for all levels)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=303332

Our Main General Guide (dated but still good..I'll be remaking it soon)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=245025

How to Get Better with D3 (general tips)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=284745

Playing D3 will seem really straight forward...at first. Then you'll realize you'll have a whole bunch of other little nuances and things that make D3 a lot more tricky than he seems at higher levels. Still, you know how to reach me Brian

<3

ZTD | TECHnology

If I am not too exhausted when I get home, I shall add in more stuff to the Tech List thread. I added more in this morning so please look it over, my lovelies and add in other stuff you feel the need to add in.

And I have not forgot you Kaptain..lol

TC is a very busy man outside of Smash.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Alright, since I am trying out the way of the penguin, I shall poke a bit:

I know you penguin mains know how to make Gordos appear when you want, tell me your magic or this little guy gets it.

Roller

Smash Legend
So, I thought about it, and am now unsure as to whether Falco would be a better character to back up my ICs... 'cause it seems to me that he helps in all the same matchups D3 does, except adds Diddy to it.

Tell me what I'm overlooking here.

Top Bottom