• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

Exdeath

Smash Master
I'm working on finding more situations to use Fair in (most of them that I've found involve using it to start a frame trap, zoning, or replacing Bair as a punishment). Dair/Fair is actually a very solid mix-up if the opponent is content to sit in shield when you jump in front of them.

∫unk

Smash Master
yup! most of the time i wouldn't recommend it but considering i've tricked some of the best players in the game with it, i think it's safe to say it can be used in specific situations against anybody.

of course, most attacks out of shield can punish it. it's a very specific but very meaty punish.

Le vieux lapin

Smash Ace
Its normal for me, except I have tap jump off to better use utilt.

Also sry I have not been on lately guys, I have been really busy with non-smash stuff.
Still working on my Ultimate KO threshhold research.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Lets try to do this tonight then. What's a good time for everyone? (state your time zone)

Also my controls:

R to attack (for easier JC Upsmash from Down-throw...also for easy DACUS for other characters)
Y to Grab (feels better to me and I only jump with X)
Z to Shield (easier shield cancel CGs)
No Tap Jump.

Everything else standard.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I want to know with which Controls you Guys play.
Stickjump on, R or L Attack etc.
Two different controllers, since I'm always forgetting my GCC places.

GCC: R-grab, Z-attack

CCPro: L-Special, ZL-Shield, R-Attack, ZR-Grab, Y-Special, B-Grab

Also TC I work tonight.

Xubble

Smash Ace
I use standard controls for D3. Same for everybody except Lucas, who I use B-stick with.

And I also work tonight. Sorry, guys. :\

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
I use the standard controls. :p

Beef sets c stick to attack, and it allows him do do some pretty neat stutter step tilts. I looks really cool and I've been thinking about it a lot lately.

:phone:

∫unk

Smash Master
i hate how it makes you jump T-T

for friendlies i don't bother to put my name in but for tournament i play with tap off

only unique thing i do is sometimes use claw grip

so i was looking at some diddy ranges on moves... is his dash attack the same length as our f-tilt? o_o

i'll update the ddd vs mk thread tonight

ZTD | TECHnology

So THATS how Seibrik does those stutter step tilts.

I'll try it.

Wow the timing is very strict for this but I can get it...I've ALWAYS wanted to learn how to stutter step F-Tilt :D

Okay Beefy or Seibrik, someone explain to me how to do this like in full detail input wise. I'm ****ing it up so much. Like I can do it like 3 or 4 times in a row and then I just **** it up.

Xubble

Smash Ace
A stutter step is basically making slight horizontal movements before you execute an attack. It's a great way to space moves. Ganondorf and C. Falcon are notorious for their variation of the stutter step, the salmon smash, which is basically a giant movement forward before doing their fsmash. It covers a fair amount of distance.

I've never seen stutter step tilts, but mastering it with D3's ftilt will be my next priority. :D

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
Beef does it with down tilt too and hits tornado quite frequently. I'm reluctant to switch my controls because it's so much harder to d throw -> jc u smash with this.

And yeah I use claw for 2 things. To lagless side B with falco and to jc u smash.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
I use claw a fair bit. Mostly if I ever feel like fullhop dairing onto a Battlefield platform, but for nearly all fullhop aerials apart from that.

ZTD | TECHnology

This is a good example of how you stutter step F-Tilt. Someone brought this video to my attention months ago.

http://youtu.be/T8iI5FAk4Og?t=7m12s

Stutter stepping a tilt is so much harder though because you can screw up and either Dash attack or Jab. Its tricky but I feel like itd be amazing for zoning and mindgames when I do master this.

ZTD | TECHnology

Day 2 of Stutter Step Tilt Practice:

I seem to be doing better than last night. I wonder how long it takes to master this...But I think I have a better understanding input wise.

Exdeath

Smash Master
I think that Seibrik has normal controls. You don't need to set C-Stick to attack in order to "stutter step" tilts. It's easiest for Dtilt though because you can use a corner to make Dtilt with or without C-Stick. It's pretty much a staple of characters like ZSS. If you want to find a frame guide on how to do it then I think that there's a guide somewhere on true pivoting. It's worth learning and has a lot of uses.

ZTD | TECHnology

I forgot about True Pivots to be honest. I need to find some kind of way to do this more consistently. I want to keep my C-stick to smash if I can.

Hmm I need to learn more about the applications of True Pivot. I forgot I've seen ZSS do it with Down Smash and such.

Exdeath

Smash Master
The most common situation that I see where DDDs should use true pivot and don't is the Buuman trap. Also, dash away>true pivot>Ftilt is unpunishable by virtually every character.

allshort17

Smash Ace
So, something interesting I found out that may be known or doesn't have much of a use. If you put someone right at the edge of your Inhale range, then do a full hop inhale if you don't hold the button inhale should suck the opponent in, but not into your mouth because the attack cancels before they can. I did it with a stationary full hop and an approaching full hop and they both worked.

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
so were not changing our c-stick for these shutter tilts? its hard, but i can see the use once i figure it out. lately ive been skid canceling pivot f-tilts

ZTD | TECHnology

Yeah I have a way easier time using that method. Its just weird for me to not Smashes set to C-stick. Then again its not like D3s smashes are fast anyway. Or not slow, I should say.

Xubble

Smash Ace
I just don't feel comfortable with anything besides C-stick. I tried A-stick a while back with D3 when I couldn't do tilts very well. Now it's a thoughtless process for me to tilt normally. And the weird jumping thing with A-stick kills the fun. :\

Exdeath

Smash Master
I set C-Stick to attack for easier true pivots with Meta Knight (dash away>Dtilt is ridiculously good for MK/DDD/etc.), but as much as I buffer everything, it's really easy to get jump to come out. The more you buffer, the worse it is, so it's pretty much a double edged sword for improvement.

Top Bottom