• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
@ Junk's match vs eggz.

You can't be afraid to hit tornado. You had a lot of space when you were above him to jump inhale, nair, or bair on his head.

I liked your dash grab off of the PS d smash <3

Also, Eggz doesn't Tech d throw, so you're pretty safe just running up to him after. Cause its pretty easy to get another grab/dash attack/d smash depending on their roll.

Oh yeah, and F tilt to buffered F tilt works pretty well. Since people will try to dash in and shield right after.(similar to using Wolfs blaster twice in a row). Its a good mix up.

Something you could have noticed(I'm pretty sure you did) during the match was that Eggz isn't that good at punishing your FF air dodges and stuff. Better MKs wont let you get away with that so you have to not be afraid to use Dair or save a jump and jump away at the last second.

And you don't D tilt much. It beats his tilt poking! =P

Have you noticed how Eggz always jumps after your back throw? You can punish that with rising fair at the right spacing.

On the 1st kill Eggz got on you on the 2nd game. I saw that hesitation! If you keep playing that will get better.

Eww, Eggz air dodges on to the stage. Such an east F tilt/d tilt.

1:39:00 You could have punished that Nair with a Bair.

3rd game there was so much hesitation You had that kill! Charge D smash or grab the edge =(

Eggz plays a lot off momentum. He starts going crazy when he gets in a string. In that case, don't be afraid to FF buffer spot dodge. You had two attempts to in a row. and gotten the d smash right after.

1:35:40 was another time you could have punished with Bair guaranteed. But you got the u tilt so its all good.

1:36:22 You could have punished that d smash with dash grab. I promise!

And right after, that was another kill. You could have just grabbed the edge.

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
^ omg thank you i will look at this more later :D

did i do anything well lol
Yeah, duh. Most of your punishes and reads are on point. Your defensive game and ground game has as a few flaws, but as much or more depth than mine, and you mostly use your jumps effectively.

You just haven't played enough to keep that your poker face on in intense situations. and you don't recognize situational outcomes and have the muscle memory to follow up appropriately. To go to the next level, you gotta just figure out more and more complex and simple options. And that will come with just playing.

Like against Eggz there were many times where his Dair camping could have been faired, so why not try it?

Level 35.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Seibrik, if you want send me the details through PM.

Also, work is killing me. I've been sick for the past 5 days and cant even recover because no one from any of my jobs will cover my shifts <_< Zombie status. I was supposed to review vids ages ago.

Also, I can't update the OP because I no longer had mod powers. They got rid of the Discussion Leader title for whatever reason lol So unless I get modded or something I can't really update anything on my own. Hopefully I'll be able to do something about it soon.

Also:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=307267

I want to do something like this. I'll make the thread. Any objections?

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
yeah that sounds good. You should do one for every character MU vs ddd. There are many sets in tournies lately since ive been out of the scene and when I get to cp, im like wtf do I cp? oh well lets just go neutral. ex: I remember cping a diddy to ps2 and that backfired hard.

also, is anyone interested if i did a ddd combo vid? last time i posted this there was little to no interest so i figured no1 cared n just scraped the idea.

Xubble

Smash Ace
I like the stage thread idea. I just default to Smashville or Delfino Plaza if I'm picking a stage. Having a good idea of counterpicks would be awesome.

DewDaDash, are you implying a combo video starring yourself, or a community combo video?

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Well I was thinking originally just a ddd combo video of me and ppl that live close to me and or tourney matches and ish.

Although a community combo video would be pretty interesting. I'm not really sure how practical that would be, sounds like a challenge but def interesting.

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
@Junk

I watched your set with Jem, good stuff. The only thing I would suggest is that a little more inhale from above probably wouldn't hurt depending on the situation, and after an f-tilt d3 can buffer a dtilt by slightly holding down on the analog stick and then pressing A. This way he won't crouch so it comes out really fast. It's a pretty good mixup that I use and it will normally throw people off who try to charge after you use an ftilt. Good job again though, I really like your reads/punishes.

ZTD | TECHnology

@Seibrik: Details as in which gym leader/characters you want. Up to 3 please. If there's any additions/customizations that may be doable.

@The other D3s: Yes, we will have an open discussion topic on it for everyone to contribute. And it will be from a D3 MU perspective.

The main reason I want this is because of EXACTLY what just DewDaDash said lmao. I often times have to think...okay wtf should I ban lol. I swear I'm gonna bookmark that thread in my phone when its got enough content lmao.

So I'll make the thread when I get home..which is about in an hour.

Power to the penguin.

:dedede:

EDIT: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=13659594#post13659594

I am awesome. ;) I stole the overall format but made it look prettier and added pics and fun stuff. Still a work in progress but will be beautiful when its finished!

:phone:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Dirt dont listen to them. If your region all want to play MK and they dont want to learn how to actually be good at the game after the ban, call them out for being skilless scrubs, tell them exactly while youre leaving and dont look back.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
after the ban
Go to tournament listings

Revival of Salt

"first of a series of regionals"

February 4

MK legal

Therein lies the problem.

Oh also even more banned stages. We now have only 10 stages left here.

For anyone curious

Starters
Battlefield
Castle Siege
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)

Counterpicks
Battleship Halberd
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1

So of course EVERY stage on the starter list aids ground-based characters.

Exdeath

Smash Master
Go to tournament listings

Revival of Salt

"first of a series of regionals"

February 4

MK legal

Therein lies the problem.

Oh also even more banned stages. We now have only 10 stages left here.

For anyone curious

Starters
Battlefield
Castle Siege
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)

Counterpicks
Battleship Halberd
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1

So of course EVERY stage on the starter list aids ground-based characters.
/Doesn't see what's wrong with the rule set.

ZTD | TECHnology

What about Tin Man though. He's URC ...and his next tournament is MK banned. The one I'm trying to hit up. I mean Tin is a main TO over there, so I'm unable to see how its THAT much of an impact. I can see why youd get upset though.

:phone:

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
I'm kinda drunk and I don't care for this game anymore. Haven't for the past several months. I'm surprised I can still give legit matchup advice.

I'm going through a Street Fighter 4 phase, like, hardcore. Get at my Cody.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Im making this post before I click.

I bet everyone thats worth anything in this game, already knows everything everything you have to say.

EDIT
I should have known it was DDD specific stuff. But its pretty inconsequential anyway.
Also, nobody is ever going to NOT DI a throw, so theres no point to getting info from an un DIed move.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Im making this post before I click.

I bet everyone thats worth anything in this game, already knows everything everything you have to say.

EDIT
I should have known it was DDD specific stuff. But its pretty inconsequential anyway.
Also, nobody is ever going to NOT DI a throw, so theres no point to getting info from an un DIed move.
Some of u guys said you didn't know that Puff couldn't DI out of the down throw. Also I've never seen this stuff anywhere so I thought it would help the D3 mains.

Also, what do u expect. DDD specifics are always on the D3 boards. :p

Also, stop lurking through my post. Ur not a D3 main, so please do us D3 mains a favor and get out.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Some of u guys said you didn't know that Puff couldn't DI out of the down throw. Also I've never seen this stuff anywhere so I thought it would help the D3 mains.
TBQH I still dont believe this.

Also, what do u expect. DDD specifics are always on the D3 boards. :p
I saw you post so I just assumed i was in either the mk ban thread or the tier list thread. My bad.

Also, stop lurking through my post. Ur not a D3 main, so please do us D3 mains a favor and get out.
Stop posting in all the popular threads, and you wont have to worry about me shutting you down all the time.

Also, D3 is my tournament 3rd. I use him for nub stomping. So dont get uppity with me when most likely I play the character better than you do. Can you even call yourself a D3 main? The term main, is a reference to the specific character IN TOURNAMENT. And since youve never even been to a REAL tournament before, I guess that makes me more of a D3 main than you. So if anyone shouldnt be here, that person is you.

Doc King

Smash Lord
TBQH I still dont believe this.

I saw you post so I just assumed i was in either the mk ban thread or the tier list thread. My bad.

Stop posting in all the popular threads, and you wont have to worry about me shutting you down all the time.

Also, D3 is my tournament 3rd. I use him for nub stomping. So dont get uppity with me when most likely I play the character better than you do. Can you even call yourself a D3 main? The term main, is a reference to the specific character IN TOURNAMENT. And since youve never even been to a REAL tournament before, I guess that makes me more of a D3 main than you. So if anyone shouldnt be here, that person is you.
Dude, I have been in real tournaments before and have been playing D3 in tourneys before (Even though they are wifi, they are still real tournaments). I can't even believe that you think you are more of a D3 main than I am. Also, stop assuming you're D3 is better than mine.

So please get out of here if you're not gonna help with the D3's.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Just tested the Jigglypuff thing myself. Doc King's right: for whatever reason, Jigglypuff can't DI dthrow and doesn't have enough time to airdodge/attack before hitting the ground. Once dthrow stales a little, it becomes able to airdodge before it hits the ground though but still can't DI it.

I'm pretty sure anyone who wishes to discuss Dedede in any manner is welcome on these boards.

Top Bottom