• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

Doc King

Smash Lord
I really hope you guys do very well at Apex. I also really hope that you guys can adapt to our techniques as good as you can. Good luck to all penguins!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Well for what its worth to you guys, I plan on playing all my money matches (which Im apparently supposed to have with all the ddds) on my personal wii and recording them.

Xubble

Smash Ace
Pretty sure the low tier characters have more misunderstood MUs than higher tier characters since those characters don't get much rep at high level play.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Yup.

I mean Ganon vs. Wario is -3, which is a downright travesty.

It's no worse than a -1.

I assume a lot of the Warios basically went "lol Ganon" with the ratio.

So much resistance to Ganon having passable MUs, it's pretty annoying.

Xubble

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure Ganon vs Falcon is even, and definitely -1 against Wario. Dat GR > Fsmash, son.

Nevertheless, I like this chart better than the last one.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Wario vs Ganon should be -2 at the least.

Grabbing a good Wario is almost impossible, especially with that grab range. lol

Xubble

Smash Ace
Ganondorf PUNISHES. It's all he really can do EVER. A Ganon that's trying to grab a Wario for any other reason outside of punishing (and I mean the Wario got baited and worked over and predicted like a mofo) is a foolish Ganon indeed.

It's -1 Ganondorf. He's got enough defensive options to keep Wario at bay, and he just needs to keep to pure punishment to not get royally screwed over.

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
Luigi DDD is pretty ****. D throw to F smash to kill at 70% Fk yeah.
Luigi's jabs and Nair make up for a lot of what DDD lacks, and DDD lives long while Luigi kills super early.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Not to mention that you can combo with Luigi's hard moves on middle weights, heavyweights, and :jigglypuff: because of her lack of DI out of D3's d throw.

There's a lot you can do with Puff with D3's d throw in teams. Even though you can just air dodge it before you land on the ground, the first 14 frames are inescapable due to DI, which in that time you can pull off many combos/finishers.

I think that Luigi's up b kills extremely early like 50% on mk or something.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Doubles is my preferred aspect of the game. I get bored during singles and I'm more prone to making mistakes.

Luigi Dthrow sets up for alot of baits and reads. If you keep your opponent inbetween yourself and Dedede, you're guaranteed follow-ups.

I could go for awhile about D3/Luigi in doubles.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Doubles is my preferred aspect of the game. I get bored during singles and I'm more prone to making mistakes.

Luigi Dthrow sets up for alot of baits and reads. If you keep your opponent inbetween yourself and Dedede, you're guaranteed follow-ups.

I could go for awhile about D3/Luigi in doubles.
I would actually like to know what else you can do with D3 and Luigi. This could help some of the penguins with Apex and it can improve :dedede:'s doubles metagame. Here's some questions I wanna ask:

1. Does this team combination get wrecked hard by campy characters like :olimar:?

2. For :jigglypuff:, what would be the different things you can pull off with Luigi with D3's d throw? (BTW if u didn't know, Puff can't DI out of D3's d throw for some weird reason but is affected by the d throw like the other lightweights, just can't DI)

3. What kind of other followups can you do out of different things like d throw on middleweights and heavyweights?

4. Would Luigi be able to do some combos out of the swallow star or someone in the swallow star?

5. Can Luigi use stuff for refresh D3's moves from staleness? (For mainly the standing infinite characters where you have to pummel)

6. What would be the best stages to go on as these characters?

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
I would actually like to know what else you can do with D3 and Luigi. This could help some of the penguins with Apex and it can improve :dedede:'s doubles metagame. Here's some questions I wanna ask:

1. Does this team combination get wrecked hard by campy characters like :olimar:? No. I teamed with Fizzle and we had to play 2 teams with an Olimar and since Luigi is hardly inhibited by Olimar's keep away game in doubles, it makes that MU ungodly scary for Olimar. If D3 let's Luigi run amok and just provides solid backing support (aka roll coverage and aerial escape coverage) Olimar gets handled.

2. For :jigglypuff:, what would be the different things you can pull off with Luigi with D3's d throw? (BTW if u didn't know, Puff can't DI out of D3's d throw for some weird reason but is affected by the d throw like the other lightweights, just can't DI) That much I couldn't tell you because I've never run into a Jigglypuff in doubles.

3. What kind of other followups can you do out of different things like d throw on middleweights and heavyweights? Dedede dthrow on CGable characters gives Luigi automatic SRKs. Luigi can do whatever he pleases on CGable characters actually. Non CGables you can jab/fireball reset them back into the grab.

4. Would Luigi be able to do some combos out of the swallow star or someone in the swallow star? I'm not sure if Luigi himself can combo out of the star because I don't know how long the hitstun lasts but if someone if coming out of the star, I'm pretty sure you can get a hit in so long as the hitbox isn't active.

5. Can Luigi use stuff for refresh D3's moves from staleness? (For mainly the standing infinite characters where you have to pummel) This is worded weirdly but if I'm understanding it correctly, Luigi can refresh HIS moves on D3's Waddles but D3 can't use anything to refresh his own moves. Unless throwing Waddles into my fireballs count?

6. What would be the best stages to go on as these characters?
Static platformed stages like Lylat/Yoshi's/Battlefield are their best stages. PS1, FD, SV and Delfino are solid CPs. I wouldn't recommend Frigate or RC and the jury is out on Brinstar, Halberd and Castle Siege. I personally like Brinstar but I hate Castle Siege and I want to say Halber is a good one but I haven't tried it yet.
Answers in red.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Sorry, I have not been on recently. I have had some very difficult days lately. And now certain people/events are threatening my trip to Apex. This has been a very bad week for me. <_< Hope everyone enjoys their holiday today.

Doc King

Smash Lord
:dedede: Happy New Years! :dedede:

That D3 ditto was so lol. No wonder why a lot of ppl hate D3 dittos. I wish this could be done on a Yoshi with that dash dance pivot grab infinite. It would be funny if a Yoshi rage quit to a D3 doing it to a zero death combo out of a d tilt. Also, Mariomaster, have you ever done the :yoshi2: infinite before? Also good luck 4God at Apex.

| Big D |

Smash Master
I have the frame data, but it is beyond my ability at this point.

Frame data for the Yoshi infinite

0 input dthrow
1-36 dthrow animation
37-47 buffer dash

49 input dash
51 – 52 pivot grab

50 input dash
52 – 53 pivot grab

51 input dash
53 pivot grab

There it is again if you'd like.

Doc King

Smash Lord
infinite, can you pull this off (Are you able to do it)? If you can, I would recommend playing D3 against Yoshi.

The funny part is how ur name is infinite, so it looks like a name to troll yoshi's with the D3 infinite.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
lol @ infinite's post ^

I pulled off a couple of regrabs, you don't need good reflexes, you just need to buffer the dash properly, into a standing pivot grab.

It's not an infinite btw.

Also I'll get around to that stuff you asked me to do when I'm not so lazy.

Doc King

Smash Lord
I've actually found out some Squirtle stuff. http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=190961

I think this stuff is gonna makes us have such an easy time getting Squirtle off of the stage and punishing and pressuring Squirtle with his rco lag. We also have this turn around to bair on Charizard which can be used as a great kill move.

Yoshi infinite looks kind of weird to perform, but hopefully it will get mastered eventually. I was able to get it like 5 times in a row before and a few often. It just requires some timing.

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
I've actually found out some Squirtle stuff. http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=190961

I think this stuff is gonna makes us have such an easy time getting Squirtle off of the stage and punishing and pressuring Squirtle with his rco lag. We also have this turn around to bair on Charizard which can be used as a great kill move.

Yoshi infinite looks kind of weird to perform, but hopefully it will get mastered eventually. I was able to get it like 5 times in a row before and a few often. It just requires some timing.
God dammit

:phone:

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Doc, do you test stuff out on characters people actually play?

I'm just curious.

Although I already know you're gonna bring up planking against Falco, so something beside that.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Doc, do you test stuff out on characters people actually play?

I'm just curious.

Although I already know you're gonna bring up planking against Falco, so something beside that.
Well, :wario: I found out slope infinites with that can be used as great cps against :wario:. It also works against :lucario: and :ganondorf:. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Fx7bPmspB4

Also, some Halberd stuff that works on some well played characters like the 2nd stage edge d throw to buffered up smash on :pit:, :peach:, and :marth:.

Also, followups with rco lag on characters such as :marth:.

http://allisbrawl.com/forum/forum.aspx?fid=20 You can find all of my testings and stuff on here.

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
In actually relevant news:

Pool 37

Zekey
KiD - Falco
Player-3 - MK???
ForwardAirRage! - Fox????
xivk & Jokaru - Sounds like a lucario Lucario/Wolf/Luigi (??????)

Top Bottom