• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Thanks 4God for the helpful insight! :) I guess I won't be using uthrow ever then.

We do have a video critique/general video thread, it just sort of never really lifted off. A sticky would probably help in this regard though. You're welcome to bump it.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=313593
Ah, I see! Well, thanks for that piece of info. I'll see what I can do.

It's pretty much why we can do so well against Wario compared to others because we can send him off of the stage so he can't DI as well and we can give him massive damage doing it.
I didn't know sending people offstage changed how much they're allowed to DI. XD

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
There are no moderators because of the relatively low activity here I suppose. I used to have mod powers here but then they disbanded the Discussion Leader group and thus my ability to moderate went away. I feel like every character board should have an active mod to be honest. At some point I'm going to have to start doing stuff here and would prefer to not bug Hylian for everything. He is an admin and people bother him for enough stuff. I'm debating speaking with the staff about it.

Also Hai hai Aero <3

Coney

Smash Master
uthrow has literally no purpose, except maybe against fastfallers. You can uthrow>uair at low percents if they're braindead, and even then you have to hope they don't SDI out.

ZTD | TECHnology

I use it as a mixup every once in a blue room. Scares the **** out of people sometimes. But yeah it's not very practical at high level play.

Xubble

Smash Ace
I used uthrow on a Lucario, predicted the dair and landed a nice fair on him. It's good for mindgames in some matchups. ^_^

The local tourney I keep talking about is in about 2 weeks. The competition is starting to look relatively fierce now. On the bright side, I'm going to be #1 seed in the bracket out of ~16. ^_^

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I find up throw to be pretty bad. I mean, if it did 13%, it'd be great, but it only does 7% or so. So it kiiiinda sucks.

Also Dedede boards have some random nub modding you guys now. If you guys need anything feel free to PM me.

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
Uthrow is just good for general mixups, I don't fully recommend it, but sometimes when you're opponent is always expecting 1 or 2 throws you can get a free hit out of it

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Good mornin' Xubble. :3

What do you guys think about starting a community guide to replace the super old one that's there? I know Tech_Chase said something about him making one, and I think it's a really good idea.

ZTD | TECHnology

Sweet, I did not expect them to honor my request so soon. Gratz Aero!

And yeah I wanna work on that guide. I still have all those pics 7Claus gave me for the guide lol. A community would be awesome....I just don't have the time to do it myself.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Sweet, I did not expect them to honor my request so soon. Gratz Aero!

And yeah I wanna work on that guide. I still have all those pics 7Claus gave me for the guide lol. A community would be awesome....I just don't have the time to do it myself.
Thanks dude. <3

I think a community driven guide would be a great idea. If you have time today, you should make the thread, Tech_Chase. That way we can all put our input in on it.

Hows everyone been here? Been awhile since I've been here :)
hai dere.

It has been a while actually. You been busy?

Xubble

Smash Ace
Finished watching the Gurren Lagann series, movie compilations included. I have so many things to shout mid-match now. I'm already notorious for my antics during a match (shouting, posing, etc.), but my repertoire just got 9001x better. ^_^

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Finished watching the Gurren Lagann series, movie compilations included. I have so many things to shout mid-match now. I'm already notorious for my antics during a match (shouting, posing, etc.), but my repertoire just got 9001x better. ^_^
It sounds like you and Aero will get on great.

:phone:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Gurren Lagaan is sex.

How would you guys feel about redoing the Matchup Exports? It doesn't look like there's been much discussion for a long time on Dedede's matchups, so maybe this'll be a good thing for the boards!

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
How would you guys feel about redoing the Matchup Exports? It doesn't look like there's been much discussion for a long time on Dedede's matchups, so maybe this'll be a good thing for the boards!
Do you mean, like, the matchup explanations and how they should be played out, cuz that would be wonderful! I have no idea what to do against Olimar or even against Lucario. :c

Btw, is there a "Brawl Finder" of sorts that lets ambitious young players find others near them?

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
That's precisely what I mean. High likelihood that we'd start from the top of the tier list and work our way down.

As for a Brawl Finder, I don't believe the Dedede boards have something like that (as far as I'm aware), but that's a good idea for a thread.

For now, I'mma get some sleep though.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Gurren Lagaan is sex.

This is how I know ive been playing too much marvel.

I read that as 'eSports' at first lol

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
This is how I know ive been playing too much marvel.

I read that as 'eSports' at first lol
Maybe instead of "exports" we can call them "rediscussions" so you won't have that problem. ;)
I'll make the community guide thread after work.
Awesome. <3

So I guess that means we're starting with D3 vs Diddy?
Probably yeah. I was thinking we could have two threads a week, maybe.

We miiiiight start with MK, but MK's banned in some/most places and you guys should already know that matchup.

Yeah been busy being more involved with school and such. That and I don't hang out too often with my smash friends like i used to so im less involved with the community now. Just wanted to post and see how every1s been.
School can be such a downer. lol

I guess it's gotta be done if you want decent grades though, eh?

*runs off to start the MU discussion threads*

Tech Chase, when you get the Community Guide thread up, I'll stick it. Also I might unstick your MU reference thread seeing as it's locked and you may not have time to finish it anyway. *shrug*

I'll leave the old guide up until the Community one is complete.

Xubble

Smash Ace
I've come to realize that until I break out of my local scene and start competing at a state level, I'm not really going to get better skill-wise. It explains my constant transitions between secondaries; since I really can't pwn with Dedede anymore than I am right now, I rotate constantly through the roster to get a sense of improvement when I play against my fellow local Brawlers. It sometimes helps my overall style (learn spacing from Marth, mindgames from Ness's PKT, options from Diddy's nanas, etc.), but I can't do better with my Dedede until I find an obstacle to overcome.

tl;dr I'm unchallenged on my level, and it's hindering my progress at getting better with Dedede. I need to attend some bigger tourneys in the NYS region.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Can someone tell me how to DDD vs. Fox?
I'll have a tournament this weekend and is the only MU I have no idea how to deal with.

Xubble

Smash Ace
You're forced to approach due to lasers, and Fox's mobility is a huge pain in the *** since he can run circles around you if he gets the chance. You can't chain grab, so stick to either bthtow for damage or, if you know how to tech chase well, dthrow if your opponent doesn't know how to tech or jump out of it. Fox's dair > usmash is not something you wanna get caught in, so do your best to not be under him as he falls. Fox's upb leaves him vulnerable during recovery; bair becomes your best friend at this point to potentially gimp/KO him. Sideb is a little more tricky, but try to predict where he'll end up and punish accordingly. If he goes for the edge, I think a timed dtilt will connect before he grabs and can potentially gimp.

I'm not too familiar with the MU either, so I really don't know what else to tell you. Avoid dem laz0rz (powershield them if you're good at that) and don't become dair bait. (Apologies for any bad advice, I'm sure somebody will correct anything wrong.)

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
bascially just to be safe, treat fox's laseers like falco's.
try to stay in the air as little as possible and just play a ground game like you would against falco if you could play a good ground game vs falco if he couldnt cg and didnt have that jab etc etc lol. and watch out for a running upsmash or w/e. luckily ddd has alot of tools good for avoiding this like a great spotdodge and uptilt. but basically, you wanna stay on the ground because his bair, fair, and nair will eat you alive and put you in positions to be bettter dair'd. if you stay on the ground you'll be able to see his dairs coming from a mile away, even if he adapts and starts to short hop them.

also am i the only d3 that grab releases wario to Nair to rack up damage???? ITS TOO GOOD!!

Doc King

Smash Lord
I would probably just approach Fox in the air because Fox wouldn't get too high up in the air and you can avoid lazers. You could probably do this with Falco also, but unlike Fox, Falco can jump high. I would just send Fox off of the stage and try to gimp him. Try to ground or air release Fox off of the stage and then punish his fair double jump with bairs and his other options.

You might even wanna use Waddle Dee Throw for Defense and play a more defensive and air combat game against Fox.

A lot of air releases are good on Wario. I wonder if you guys should use dair or up air more on air release because they give out like 17-19%. Fair is a nice option because it gives out 15%. Bair is good for comboing on low percents. Cool thing is that all of D3's air attacks can followup on air release.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
if you are taking the time to air release them, they are going to usually be smart enough to SDI up or down air and punish you for it. possibly with a fart that could kill you at under 100

ZTD | TECHnology

*runs off to start the MU discussion threads*

Tech Chase, when you get the Community Guide thread up, I'll stick it. Also I might unstick your MU reference thread seeing as it's locked and you may not have time to finish it anyway. *shrug*

I'll leave the old guide up until the Community one is complete.
Okay.

I'm doing this tomorrow. Ive had a lot of **** happen to me today and so Im just not in the mood to play around on here much. However, tomorrow is my only day off work. So it'll be a good day to do stuff. <3 I got this.

Top Bottom