• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
What do you mean? I'm a bit confused... :confused: Do you mean to substitute a spot-dodge for the dthrow?

Also, I stumbled upon something very interesting while training. I know the JC usmash is meant to ensure the usmash on Lucario, but I was actually able to land a regular hyphen usmash (dash forwards > up on C-stick) on Lucario whenever I was frame perfect. It didn't happen often at all, maybe only two or three times over the whole course of the session, but it definitely still happened. If you're extremely perfect, DDD can hyphen usmash Lucario out of dthrow, but you have to be perfect.

Bobwithlobsters

Smash Journeyman
remember the random number of lag frames for all inputs in brawl that was discovered? Doing something frame perfect without buffering is a statistical feat and such will never be 100%

:phone:

D

Deleted member 189823

How did it go at APEX, fellows 3Ds?

Also, there's a DDD FB group?

D

Deleted member 189823

Hey, is that 'stache on Bison's face new? (that's Bison, right? .-.)

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I like free damage. We all should if we play this character, lolz! So I've been hunkering down in training mode to learn that dthrow > JC usmash that T_C and BigD have been talking about, because I don't want to lose to John12346's Lucario anymore, and lo and behold, I finally learned it! ^_^ But my method is very different from T_C's and BigD's it seems.

From what I understand, BigD and T_C use a jump button to perform the jump and then they cancel the jump with a C-stick usmash. I believe BigD uses his pointer finger to press X or Y and his thumb to flick the C-stick while T_C simply relegates one of his unused trigger buttons to jump and uses that for the technique. However, I simply could not get my fingers to move fast enough to do BigD's method and I don't want to change one of my trigger buttons, so I started trying other things things out at 1/4th speed. It turns out that if one flicks the control stick forward to perform the dash but then performs a sort of 'quarter-circle' from forward to up and presses A very shortly after the stick has begun to point up (sometime during the QCF but not at the end, I think), then a jump and then a JC usmash are just automatically put in.

So far I have 100% consistency at 1/4th speed and at least some consistency at full speed. Gonna keep at this until I get better at it, but I'm SO relieved that I don't have to actually press a jump button for this. (-_-)

I ONLY use the X button for SHs and the control stick for everything else, including FH's, so I really didn't want to have to learn how to use the X button for other things, hence my search for another method. Just thought I'd share it with all of you. :)

It's about ****ing time, Bubba!

:denzel:

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Umm.. the only lucario worth mentioning is junebug LOL.

darkfflame's speciality is ics, not quite lucario. If you see this dark, Sry Mangz it had to be said =]

| Big D |

Smash Master
The point is that it can be buffered meaning the upsmash will come out on the first available frame and you get enough movement to connect with it from dthrow on certain characters.

I use my pointer on the y button, you really don't need fast fingers. It's three different fingers/thumbs with their own button so you don't have to move between them. It might be awkward pressing the y with your pointer, but you will get used to it after enough attempts.

D

Deleted member 189823

That was pretty damn impressive.
I'd love to be able to handle that MU like that, with DDD.

Xubble

Smash Ace
Aaaaaand I'm back.

Two month hiatus. Whew. I will tell you all right now: military basic training is not fun. Trust me.

So I'm an Airman now, and it feels good to be able to say that. My life is heading in the right direction, and it's gonna be great.

Needless to say, Smash will still be on my list of hobbies. So yeah. Nice to see we haven't died. How's everything been for the past two months?

Xubble

Smash Ace
I figured Vex was top 5 already. He's already my favorite D3 to watch. ^_^

Yeah, I'm currently in Mississippi until around June. Hoping to get my Smash setup sent south sometime soon.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Against Coney, maybe not, but Atomsk uses many other characters, that reduces his DDD points.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
So after playing against my state's better Diddys this weekend and watching those videos Vex linked us

I am a believer. We don't get ***** by Diddy anymore. We were just scared before. Thank you Vex for opening my eyes.

Also after this weekend I an ready to get back into the ring with the penguin. I have bene maining Wario for a while and he has gotten better as a result but Dedede will always be my true love. Plus, I need to see how much further I can get with him. Its just nice to take a break.

D

Deleted member 189823

The funny thing is that even me myself has gotten better against Diddy Kong. I never tried the MU before thinking it was just suicidal, but I went up to that monkey and showed him the true power.

Heck, I my Item game still sucks. :awesome:

Xubble

Smash Ace
Kudos to Vex for being the new chosen one.

I want my Wii so badly. I've been spending my free time playing SSFIV:3D constantly. It doesn't quench my Smash thirst. ._.

Bobwithlobsters

Smash Journeyman
Do we have any other video of ddd's at apex?

Edit: just finished watching vex's matches. Those were really good and a very fun watch. That last kill on player-1 was sick but that timeout against suinoko made me cry a little. Its crazy that match went to time seeing as how agro you were the whole match.

Thanks for the vids though. They give some really good insight into the matchup.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Edit: just finished watching vex's matches. Those were really good and a very fun watch. That last kill on player-1 was sick but that timeout against suinoko made me cry a little. Its crazy that match went to time seeing as how agro you were the whole match.

Thanks for the vids though. They give some really good insight into the matchup.
Can be aggro the whole match, Dedede still approaches slowly, matchup is only 6:4 Diddy favor imo

Vex became a top DDD, I think...
Been a top DDD since the game was out

So after playing against my state's better Diddys this weekend and watching those videos Vex linked us

I am a believer. We don't get ***** by Diddy anymore. We were just scared before. Thank you Vex for opening my eyes.
Whoooohoooo, yea the matchup isn't ****, it can just be frustrating, but DDD definitely has the tools to win.

Also after this weekend I an ready to get back into the ring with the penguin. I have bene maining Wario for a while and he has gotten better as a result but Dedede will always be my true love. Plus, I need to see how much further I can get with him. Its just nice to take a break.
Cause DDD is the ****ing king.

Bobwithlobsters

Smash Journeyman
Hehe, I always like to fantasize about how good ddd would be if he had some mobility. How a character with multiple jumps can get knocked far enough away that he has to still use his up b makes me sad.

God could you imagine how good he would be with wario's air mobility?

Either way though he really is the king.

Edit: vex, who did you lose to at apex? I can't look at any of the bracket images on my phone and was wondering.

:phone:

Coney

Smash Master
definitely glad i forfeit to luigiplayer, even if i would have beat him i would've had to fight vex and EVEN THEN i would've had to fight ANOTHER DIDDY AFTER

that sounds like STRESS

glad vex beasts diddys tho

Top Bottom