• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Oh ok.

A drillshine is an L-canceled dair and a shine right after.

NNID
Budget_Player
So... I wanted to pick up DDD, mostly to teach my friend who really likes the fat ol' penguin how to play him right, and I'm pretty stumped thus far. I don't get his playstyle all that well. His air moves (except FHDA) seem slow and clumsy (yes I mean bair too), and all I'm really getting out of his ground game is utilt for kills, ftilt for spacing, waddle spam, and the CG. What am I missing?

Tero.

Smash Champion
So... I wanted to pick up DDD, mostly to teach my friend who really likes the fat ol' penguin how to play him right, and I'm pretty stumped thus far. I don't get his playstyle all that well. His air moves (except FHDA) seem slow and clumsy (yes I mean bair too), and all I'm really getting out of his ground game is utilt for kills, ftilt for spacing, waddle spam, and the CG. What am I missing?
Run and shield grab.

There you go:

Look at the stickies and at Gates mini guide.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Everyone ****ing says that...the fact is that Waddle Dee spamming is easily punishable by almost everyone. It's good to keep waddles on the field for projectiles and at low %s on most characters you can hit them with one after a bthrow, but that's it. If you watch some of the better Dededes out there you will see them use Waddle Dees very sparingly.

EDIT: This was in response to Cadet btw.

Vayseth

Smash Master
I mean... you basically have it. Your description was pretty much DDD's game. There's no tricks to DDD at all. He's literally what you make out of him, plus an amazing chaingrab. He's slow and placing the right moves at the right time takes a ton of practice.

l1striker1l

Smash Cadet
I haven't been on the boards for a few days and I finally saw this. Pretty awesome. I am honored to be included in this except I am no longer 7ACE7. Could you please change my tag to l1striker1l please.

I need to put Co18 on the purple penguin, I'm pretty sure Hungrybox has quit and now just goes all Melee, and the green "Hero of the DDD boards" should be atomsk. When I'm back on my computer I'll get that fixed.
I hope all the jokes come across,
These are the intentional jokes, see if you can fill them in

7ACE7- No one will get this, so I'll tell, its a race joke. Look at the eyes
Lol. The problem with this is that I am white so it doesn't make sense. Unless that was your intention. But I do like that I have the stylish scarf.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
i'd say the main thing you need for dedede Cadet is patience

patience patience

A patient dedede is a very lethal one that can punish even the simplistic mistakes

patience in brawl is something thats not easy to come by and i personally find a challenge to maintain, espically when you got a very aggressive opponent

RATED

Smash Lord
WOW ! I didnt' saw the pictures of the penguins I did to saw it right now! and wow I am on it! XD just awesoness that I just put it on my Background XD jajajjaa me with a mexican thingy on the head ( I am Puerto Rican and I live there thought ) but since I talk spanish I am happy with it! also I figured out that atomsk is isn't there, also there should be a magical penguin for Fogo.

PS:btw I am ALWAYS with a cap no matter what kind , I always have a cap in my head I even have one with DDD on it .

Raimundo

Smash Apprentice
Also, wtf CRASHiC you main PT now?! Wut are you doing here then? Go back to the Pt boards you Squirtle luver! >=(

Jupz

Smash Master
I live in Australia. I go on after school and get a whole bunch of replies to answer but no-one else is ever on :p

Smudge

Smash Lord
i'd say the main thing you need for dedede Cadet is patience

patience patience

A patient dedede is a very lethal one that can punish even the simplistic mistakes

patience in brawl is something thats not easy to come by and i personally find a challenge to maintain, espically when you got a very aggressive opponent
That sounded so sinister it was great!

"Patients child, you vengance shall rain down when the time is right..."

On track, couldn't agree with you more, you have to wait, almost stalking your prey.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I don't main PT xD
This is for my games, at the tournament I ran, because of my D3 icon, someone who normal mains Bowser picked falco on me and I barely lost and since on my first match I played Chops one of the best players in Florida, I was then out of the tournament. I don't want that to happen again.

Zip.

Smash Lord
I don't main PT xD
This is for my games, at the tournament I ran, because of my D3 icon, someone who normal mains Bowser picked falco on me and I barely lost and since on my first match I played Chops one of the best players in Florida, I was then out of the tournament. I don't want that to happen again.
not wanting to be cp'd, i understand..thats why i have the game and watch icon ;p
and it seems like you got bracket****ed :(

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
I don't get ***** just because of a fact crashic said.
I go on after school and get a whole bunch of replies to answer but no-one else is ever on :p
Take that quote into account here.

It's not just when you guys aren't on because of the hours, I see my last post in more spots than ever. I thought you could care less about "unimportant" facts like someone maining someone else Gates.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
ha theres no such thing as bracket *****
not if you're good enough. Be the person people fear to play in brackets
then it doesn't exist

Top Bottom