• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

Gates

Banned via Warnings
No, this is Crono from Chrono Trigger. Everyone else in MI is getting DBZ avvys so I put this up as a joke since the character designer was the same for both.

BeaVeR

Smash Cadet
Crashic i hope you'll be back soon and don't loose hope there is always something to do in any situation i'm sure everything will get better with time you just need to find a job even if it looks hard it's the same for everybody don't give up

you didn't work on music for nothing it's like thinking i'm learning english for nothing and i don't think i'll have to use a lot english in the future

i don't want to make you more sad you are someone that i like pretty much

BeaVeR

Smash Cadet

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I was assuming that you wanted the game because of that pathetic excuse for an animal in how you think it's cute. I'm opposed.
First of all, that pathetic excuse for an animal is the ****ing god of the sun. SHOW SOME GODDAM RESPECT.

But seriously, Okami on the DS seems like a great fit and I'd probably want the game even if Amaterasu didn't look adorable.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I HATE CRASHIC.

What kind of ******* goes in and edits **** without the permission of the person who wrote it and then books it off the forums entirely?

THAT ****ING *******.

I swear to god, if I ever see him at a tourney after this I'll beat the **** out of him.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Just to let you guys know, though I don't have a date, you can expect me back once I finish the rough draft of my design document. I really need to have the feeling that I am being in some way productive, and this internet message board suclusion will be done once I get the feeling that I have been productive. Hopefully I'll have my rough draft done by the weekend. I'll see you guys around.
Not being productive drives me insane, and makes my self esteem go impossibly low.
Be back soon you guys.

In case you didn't know, this is for my Smash-esq fighter game designed for competitive play I hope to make some time in the future. Here are two very, very rough character descriptions I have just to show you I'm not bull ****ing, though the format on these is just awful lol.

Molly- girl who fights with finger paint
The paint itself has transcendent and the hitbox lingers in the air for quite a while, depending on the attack.
However, the pain can not kill, it only damages, and if its yellow pain, it stuns similar to ZSS paint.
Meanwhile, the other part of her attack’s hitbox is her hands, which have low to medium priority. Some of these moves are kill moves, but because of their low priority, you can't expect to land these moves all to often by just using your moves.
The way to play the character is to use the lingering pain hit boxes to create zoning traps and combos in order to get the kill.
To fight against her, you must confront her directly, or out zone her all together, perhaps even using her own paint against her.

Dimi- 2 dimensional man who has trouble adjusting to our 3d world
Dimi is not a character whose attacks are not based off attacks. He is an extreme case of prediction and Yomi.
Dimi has trouble moving in the world, so his movement seems incredibly odd at times, he will start an attack, only to land flat on his face, or in some other awkward position. There are The trick is to predict the opponent’s move, use the right move to evade it, either high, low, or by backing up, and from there selecting another attack (1 of 4) to predict what your opponent will do from there. Dimi has other basic spacing moves for poking and approach qualities, but his main quality is in prediction.
Balance-
1. How do we prevent charecters from simply not doing anything, and responding to his attacks?
2. If we give him invincibility frames on the 1st move, or the evasion move, what keeps him from being broken?

These aren't part of the document, these are just my own notes on their character game play design.

Gates, I thought you told me to change the Wario matchup?
If you mean the wario, that was a joke, I'll fix it haha.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
NO.
I DIDN'T.
AND I SURE AS HELL DIDN'T TELL YOU TO CHANGE THE FALCO MATCHUP EITHER.

I told you that I would tell you if the matchup ratios needed changing. I didn't telly you to change any ratios yet at all ever.

You know what, since you're supposedly leaving the forums or whatever I'm just going to edit whatever matchup ratios myself from now on. I'm also changing the password since you clearly cannot be trusted.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Gates, maybe you should just tell Nya to change it...

Or...

Since she is almost never seen here when I'm here, you can do it.

Penguinpimp

Smash Rookie
Don't worry Bunny, I got this.

I've also changed the password now so Crashic should be locked out.

- Gates

Penguinpimp

Smash Rookie
Well, you said you didn't feel like changing the Wario matchup cause of the grand guide, and I volunteered to do it, and you agreed that that be fine, so I took that as "yeah, change the matchup thread." Because I thought it was agreed that it was 60:40- 65:35.
Oh well, make sure to tell the others.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Oh, okay. Just making sure. I was gonna ask you to PM me what you wanted changed back, but you've got it covered.

Also, hi everyone.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
@ Crashic - No, I told you I'd let you know if I needed any changes.

And how are you still logged into that account?

Penguinpimp

Smash Rookie
I don't know.
Cause I never signed out.
I edited the Falco back btw, and came here to check about the Wario.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, the Falco thing is what I really don't understand. Who the **** said it was 45:55? It's like our second hardest matchup.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Falco is 55:45 now? HOORAYY!!!!!!

Also I really don't understand where all the hostility is coming from?
It's really not a big deal.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I forgot why I did that.
Anyway, logged out of the account, so I'm locked out now.
Make sure to PM the others though Gates.
I think it was the mess with the matchup chart.
But btw, when did it go from 40:60?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Falco is 55:45 now? HOORAYY!!!!!!

Also I really don't understand where all the hostility is coming from?
It's really not a big deal.
He edited something of mine without my permission. That is kind of a big deal.

I forgot why I did that.
Anyway, logged out of the account, so I'm locked out now.
Make sure to PM the others though Gates.
I think it was the mess with the matchup chart.
But btw, when did it go from 40:60?
I did send out a PM to CO18 and Buuman with the new password after I changed it.

And idk what you're talking about. Falco has always been 35:65 or worse.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I thought when I came here we had it labeled as 40:60. The only 35:65 I remember was ICs. When I saw Pika and Falco as 35:65 for the first time when we were originally putting the whole big DDD thread together I was like, whoa? Really?
Maybe I'm just mixing him up with metaknight.

Top Bottom