• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Debater Nomination Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Ah, alright. Just keep us updated on him/her.

I'll be looking to review some of Meta-Kirby's posts since he's been there for a while as well.

Aesir

Smash Master
I dunno it might just be me because I hate when people do this but he's giving examples and using parallels that don't really work at least to me they don't work. I could be wrong though, if anyone thinks I'm being to anal in that thread tell me, I'd hate to end up being "THAT" guy.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Well if you'd like to keep things private(Don't want members with feelings of inadequacy), message me on AIM and explain how he's not making sense to you.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Since I'm so new, are my nominations valid?

In any case I'll give my opinion. I second Lythium and Teran, although I'd like to see Teran more active, he's really good. Neisan seems to know what he's doing and he's been very active so far, I like him. What about Miggz? He's been around for quite some time. His posts deserve some review at the very least; I think he's good.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
What about Miggz? He's been around for quite some time. His posts deserve some review at the very least; I think he's good.
I'd definitely say that we should consider the fact that Miggz if very active and actually puts effort and thought into his posts. I'm not saying he's a shoe in, but we should keep an eye on him.

EDIT: I also agree that Neisan and Lythium are good, and that I'd like to see more activity from Teran but he has good potential to get into the DH.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Yeah, leave the bull**** links for profile messaging. <_<

So let's start coming up with a list:

Miggz(Yes?)
Teran
Lythium
Neisan
Meta-Kirby? Meta-Kirby used to be a Debater before the purge. Went on vacation and forgot to say 'brb.'

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Miggz
Teran
Lythium
Neisan
Meta-Kirby? Meta-Kirby used to be a Debater before the purge. Went on vacation and forgot to say 'brb.'
In order:

Yes
Maybe (for the same reason as Nysyarc)
Yes
Yes
Don't know enough about Meta Kirby. How were debaters accepted before the purge?

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Before the purge you pretty much just had to apply for the DH, there was no PG.

Well that's what happened when I was a Debater the first time.

Anyway, my list is:

Miggz
Teran (if he's more active, he's definitely good enough)
Lythium
Neisan
EDIT: Meta-Kirby

Meta-Kirby looks good, read some posts of his.

Also, I'm going to have limited computer use the next two weeks, so please don't boot me or anything like last time :p.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Very well, I'll wait for the approval of some vets as well and we'll get them in right away.

Thanks people.

Edit: I'll be adding the following members to the DH since there seem to be no objections:

Miggz
Teran
Lythium
Neisan
Meta-Kirby

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
I am honored that you guys selected me. It feels good to be here, at last. I'll do my best to encourage healthy debate topics with you and future debaters. Thanks again, everyone. I really appreciate this.

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
Hey everyone! I know I am still new but I couldn't help but notice a few potential debaters. The one that stands out the most is Pervatasaurus. This individual has make a lot of strong points. I say we keep an eye out.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Has anyone been keeping a steady eye on the Proving Grounds? Some suggestions would be nice.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Funny zero beat, even though I don't post in the DH, I watch the PG pretty closely :D

Susa, Drk Pch, and Riddle are ones that stand out to me.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Thanks Jungle.

I'll keep an eye on them for a bit, because it's time to let people in.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Agreed. My list would probably be something along the lines of SuSa, Riddle, and MarikYoshi.

Marik, especially.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Marik especially?

Come on, that's a trap unless you specify the why which justifies 'especially.':)

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I agree with SuSa, Marik, and Riddle for sure, though I don't think they've been in the PG for very long. Also, pacmansays and Pervatasaurus have been making some good points, so I think they would be good candidates. I think CRASHiC would be a good debater if he was a little more active.

Anyway, my list is:
SuSa
MarikYoshi
Riddle
pacmansays
Pervatasaurus

And CRASHiC, if he posts more.

That's my two cents.

Mewter

Smash Master
SuSa, MarikYoshi, and pacmansays.

All three of them, especially. ;)

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
He sucked up big time. I've only seen about 5 posts of his.

Marik, iirc, was one of the first ones in the Proving Grounds. I saw his name in the PM that the very first PG debaters received.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Marik. He'll probably hate me for saying so.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
I'm also interested in Pierre a lot.

So:
SuSa
pacmansays
Pierre

Now, show me some examples of CRASHIC, MarikYoshi, Riddle, and Pervatasaurus.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
I think this is a pretty strong list of members, especially since we need activity after the purge:

SuSa
pacmansays
Pierre
CRASHIC
MarikYoshi
Riddle
FearTheMateria
Pervatasaurus.

Probably the best wave we've had since the PG's started. They better not make me look bad! :mad:

Anyway, what do you guys/girls think? Aye or nay? If you have any why's, even better.

RDK

Smash Hero
I think that's a good group; there isn't anyone in there I'm explicitly against allowing in.

Are we ready to approve them?

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I wish someone would make a thread about the health care bill so I can rage about it.
I can do this. My mother died because of our current health care system, so I'm very informed (and opinionated) on the topic. Just give me a bit to research this recent bill. I haven't looked to deep into it yet.

Also, glad to be aboard. When do I get a pink username?

Aesir

Smash Master
I can do this. My mother died because of our current health care system, so I'm very informed (and opinionated) on the topic. Just give me a bit to research this recent bill. I haven't looked to deep into it yet.

Also, glad to be aboard. When do I get a pink username?
Where do you live?

Also if you go into user cp it should be under the groups option.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I live in Florida. Which reminds me, this weekend, I'm moving to Virgina. There should be two or three short days of inactivity, nothing major, but since you are suppose to announce periods of uncontrollable inactivity, I should probably mention this.
Are you talking about another health care bill in a different country?

Aesir

Smash Master
I live in Florida. Which reminds me, this weekend, I'm moving to Virgina. There should be two or three short days of inactivity, nothing major, but since you are suppose to announce periods of uncontrollable inactivity, I should probably mention this.
Are you talking about another health care bill in a different country?
No I just misread your first post, sounded like you were from another country or something; like how universal care killed your mom or something. I'm talking about the healthcare bill the House passed the senate is currently voting on.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Yeah, my mother was killed by the middle man in insurance companies, and my grandmother killed by Doctors using the health care system for a profit, and in turn, after caring for her for years, my family riddled from debt by the infatuated cost of the American health care system.
But I'll explain my opinion in full later on in the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom