• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dedede Tactical Strategy 20 - IC's Desynchs

Jupz

Smash Master
Pivot grab him out of it? Sounds tricky lol, I'll go for the Uptilt.

Thanks for the contributions everyone.

I had a great idea for the next topic but now I can't remember what it was. So anyone got other ideas?

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Uhh punish the cool down lag?
this yes
Thats easy, grab him.
this no.

Rock smash is an surprisingly safe move, seeing as its incredibly slow. However, it suffers from 'Brawl design logic" in that it works when the opponent is approaching, but when you are just standing there, it can't really do much. If you have trouble with rock smash, either get above Charizard and use some down air if you aren't in the lead or if you are, just don't senselessly approach. You can also try to punish it like a dragon punch, put yourself in a situation where he is going to use it, bait it, then just don't do anything and hit him when he's helpless.

I have not played a top Pokemon Trainer though, not seen too many matches. So please correct me if I am off about something.

Toby.

Smash Master
^ lol what.

grabbing is definitely an option. Bair is good too. the only thing you should be concerned about is retreating full hop rock smash, and that wont be hurting you anyway. Grab really is viable here. Pretty much every character in the game can shield grab rock smash, just be smart and pay attention to how full your shield is.

you know you could have just told us that you were discussing it. Would have made it a little easier (and more accurate?) for you ;)

Jupz

Smash Master
Some little shards come out right next to charizard on the second frame. If you get caught by these you'll get hit by the majority of the attack.

Toby.

Smash Master
No it doesn't work from any distance. Just know that if they ever attempt to sweet spot it you get a guaranteed grab as long as your shield is healthy.

Jupz I don't know here you got that info from, but it is incorrect. From our frame data thread:

Rock Smash (side):
Notes:
1. The individual 'hits' on part 3 are hard to calculate, there are 9 rocks shooting out at various points, all of which I believe can hit.
2. The 'rock' can be hit from frame 3, causing early explosion. This 'jumps' the move to frame 30. If Charizard isn't also hit the move ends the same time.
3. Only the first hit [1] incurs hitlag on Charizard, all other hits have 'projectile' properties, only applying to the opponent.
4. Second hit [2] is a TRAP, with no shield stun or hit lag, if you aren't doing anything but holding shield, you'll get hit by the shrapnal. FUX. Or if your Marth, Up B :D

Hit: 24-26 [1], 28-30 [2]; 30-50 [3]
End: 61
Hit Lag: 14 [1]; 1 [2]; 5 [3]
Shield Stun: 16 [1]; 1 [2]; 7 [3]
Advantage (shield): Anywhere from -21 to -9...
Hit Stun: 13 [1], ? [2], 24 [3]

Jupz

Smash Master
Oh. Someone said it in the charizard tactical discussion so I assumed it was true lol. Thanks toby. Updating this thread now.

Jupz

Smash Master
Completely updated the thread, were going to discuss IC's Desynchs in all forms now. This should be a rather large discussion.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Dair beat walls of blizzards if they don't full hop.

Ftilt goes through grab attempts after a blizzard, but it extends our hurtbox out to where the hand it I think.

Dtilt is good if they make a mistake. Use it sparingly.

Jupz

Smash Master
Thanks Serin. I know our Dair outranges their Uair but they can just wait and punish it with their own. They do it against MK and its even easier against us.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Bumped for discussion.

Since Jupz is gone for some unknown reasons, we have no way to update, BUT I do want to go over a few things before we can let this die.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
MK's Planking

Exactly what the name of this post is.

Discuss any way you know that could help give D3 a chance vs a gay MK.

When NOT on the Ledge

•If air camping with dair, try to get through with double jump
(jump, wait then jump again)
Fairs, Bairs, or Uairs at the right time.
-Throw waddles if necessary. MK's air speed is bad enough that if it misses, he can't come at you, unless he nados. And if he nados, hit him with utilt, dsmash, dtilt, etc.

• If using nado after dairs, go back to the first page of this thread and mix it up from there.

When on the ledge

I got nothing. I know a SH dair can hit MK as he jumps up back to the ledge after uairing.

Discuss.

Top Bottom