• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dedede Tactical Strategy 20 - IC's Desynchs

dawall250

Smash Journeyman
in theory, you can sdi/di out of any multihit move, but in reality, for the faster ones that are like also two hits, it's almost impossible to do consistently. especially for fat characters like us

dawall250

Smash Journeyman
if you get hit on the edges of the nair i think you can get out if you react fast enough. however, the attack naturally pulls you inside i believe, so the closer in/slower we react the harder it is to get out.

Jupz

Smash Master
Yes, I need to update the last two summaries I think. I'll make sure to do that within the next week (exams finish soon! yay :) )

Lol, we should do a warlock punch discussion just for gates in case he decides to leave soon :(. It'll only be a few days.

WARLOCK PUNCH DISCUSSION GO!!!!

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Guys, I can't do anything against Warlock Punch. It's too good. :(

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
It's in fact one of the easiest moves to punish due to the excess startup lag. We can even do a dash attack during the startup lag.

*Beef has woken up*

Ah crap it's too much of a mindgame...we can't even back air it.

Jupz

Smash Master
I also think even if we shield it, we might get pushed too far back to grab... needs testing.

It may be unpunishable, meaning he can just throw it out in the matchup :o

new spam move from ganon kills at 30% ok

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Are you guys serious? Like seriously...This seems like trolling. That move is horrendously bad.
Ganon is srs bizness.

/logic

Now, I may be the most successful troll that has ever graced the Jigglypuff forum, but you're rushing things a bit. We're just getting a few kicks and giggles out of anyone asking for a serious opinion about WARLOCK PUNCH. Yes, the move is horrible; it's bad enough to warrant a joke on the topic without someone audaciously proclaiming that me or anyone else is "trolling". Maybe I'm just crazy enough to think that; who knows?

tekkie

Smash Master
warlock punch is a *****. i usually just crouch cancel a short hop fast fall air dodge into a taunt-cancelled fsmash (or inhale, depending on your spacing) but it gets really predictable and if they shield it they can punish you with a fully-charged utilt.

@HomE

Smash Ace
warlock punch is a *****. i usually just crouch cancel a short hop fast fall air dodge into a taunt-cancelled fsmash (or inhale, depending on your spacing) but it gets really predictable and if they shield it they can punish you with a fully-charged utilt.
epic

/100000000000epics

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
He has super armor, too. You can't beat it out. It's so gay.
No it doesn't.

Anyway, you should shield the Warlock Punch, but make sure you are sufficiently close.
If you are close, both Ganon and the target are pushed forward during shieldstun, and you end up in fact closer to Ganon afterward.

From there you can shield grab.

Now you tell me how to beat bthrow (i.e., CG -> ledge -> bthrow).

Superspright

Smash Lord
I wish utilt was controllable. Like, you could double tap it and it would swing it down for maybe 10 damage. Fully charged though it can do its full damage and knockback. At least he would have the option to use utilt instead of having to rely on a few moves. :[

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Can we go over Marth's recovery????
Last time we talked about Marth, everyone said its impossible to gimp him, but now CPU and Junk are claiming that we **** Marth off stage. I'd like to go over this.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Lol. We **** marth when he's NOT ON THE STAGE. Marth has very limited options while on the ledge/offstage. A recovering marth is difficult to gimp, but a marth on the ledge is easy to keep off the stage. This is where the matchup becomes in our favor. If you can keep the marth off the stage *see: not necessarily a gimp* then you will win.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Oh, is that what they meant? I completely misunderstood and thought they were talking about gimping Marth and became incredibly confused.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Warlock Punch doesn't have super armor, but it has incredible priority, it can beat out really high priority moves like Snake's Uptilt and MK's Tornado.

Superspright

Smash Lord
Well, I think if the Ganon times it right you will always die to it. So, 3-stocks every time you try to recover. Here comes a RARRWP!!

Jupz

Smash Master
So, any other ideas? I'm going to get this rolling again because I still have holidays for 7 more weeks. Next week I'll update the whole thread, reading through it I have found a few errors. Any ideas for the next topic?

IC's Desynchs (specific or general)
How to pressure people on the ledge and reduce their options (character specific or general)
Safe ways to get off the ledge (character specific or general)
Zairs

Anything else?

Top Bottom