• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I think it's pretty close to even, could oscillate slightly in either direction really. Diddy has bananas while yoshi has eggs that can break your peanuts. Both can gimp each other pretty well. I have a chaingrab on you, but bananas can easily discourage that. You can deal alot of damage fast, but I can kill you at lower percentages since the only kill moves you have are fsmash, fair, and bair, (dair is rather difficult and not very trustworthy) if i recall correctly.

Besides that quick analysis, I don't know much else. I know that once you get over the initial shock of banana juggling, you don't really have too hard of a time.
Lol @ Diddy having 3 kill moves.

More like...3 almost kill moves >_>.

O.T.L

Smash Apprentice
I had a gut feeling to go with my Link, he's the character I have the most experience with and he his my main, but I have gotten lucky with Diddy and his bananas before in the past so I decided to stick with him, and it was sort of working I won the first round but as I dont play with Diddy often( I always choose Link) and I have no strategies with him I just run up and attack. I was scared so I chose Diddy instead of my Link, it was my first tourny I'm surprised I didnt **** my pants.

edit- yeah I only KO'd you with F-smash and one lucky footstool. I honestly think that If the first match didnt run out of time you would have won.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Well Le_Thien the first one was won by melee1 then d4ba won the 2nd then melee1 came again and won the 3rd one but I don't believe they will be able to attend next week mgc.

Also fogo if you do friendlies call me pretty please I'm bored as hell lol.
2 of the game against me in the finals he won by time. Go 4 stock 6 minutes!

</johns>

J

Jesus_Dood

so who won that tournament that was held at the mc donalds at prestinct rd...or whatever the name of the place was...
who won it?

i went...but i lost in the first round....i had to use characters i dont normaly play with cuz i didnt have my sd card...
so that sucked....i know i would of won...(atleast the marth guy i was playing) if i would of been able to use toon link, wolf, or rob...

but oh well...i'll be there at the tourney thats at the 30th...and i'll have my sd card...

there was this one part that i thought was funny...
the guy i was playing says "man...it's laggy"
in my head i was like....WTF dood...we're playing live...it's not like it's an online game...lol

i thought that was funny

hahahahahaha XD

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
WTF why does everyone keep saying they would of beaten me for christ sake if yall want to do money matches bring it. PLEASE enough **** talking on the "marth player" LOL and yes the hdtv were very laggy I couldn't even do a dancing blade correctly and apparently the lag didn't effect you so I would say you had the advantage if you were used to it. If I was so bad maybe yall shouldn't have lost to me.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Thank you Dojo I had fun doing twos against you and santi you guys are TOO GOOD. Your metaknight wow.. too aggressive I wish I had time to do some friendlies with yall at waco but I guess I'll get my chance at houston right? I hope you're coming to that Hobo fest :)

ANYWAYS all I remember from waco is damien telling me to stop getting gimped then you immediately gimp his metaknight at 40%ish lol too funny

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
Yeah, i remember that tournament, i should've beaten that marth player too...

EDIT: Melee1 did.

@poot- dude, it's a smash bros class, i doubt they teach you anything about competitive play or even how to win, let alone the actual depth of the game, and they probably do use melee because it's cheaper and been out longer.

GhettoSheep

Smash Journeyman
Hey when's the next biweekly? This coming weekend (labor day weekend) or the weekend after that?

Sorry I'm not a local I'm just gonna be traveling through in a couple weeks and I'm curious

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
The next bi-weekly doesn't have a set date, we're letting everybody get settled into school, it'll probably get moved to the weekend though.

If you'll be here on the 30th you should come to D.M.R.D.

J

Jesus_Dood

i had a friendly with that melee guy...
i almost called CNN...
cuz i got *****!!!!

he's a pretty good ice climbers..
my kirby didn't stand a chance...
i base most of my attacks on grabbing....that didn't work on ice climbers...since once i grabbed one...i got hit by the other...lol

i might stand a chance next game....i wanna see how wolf does for me....

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
...we're playing live...
True, however we were playing live on HDTV's, a competitive smashers worst nightmare. I've played friendlies at Dphat's house before, and when you take away that lag he's a beast, theirs no denying that.

I think everyones performance was hindered a bit while using those horrid boxes that project images.. even if they look sharp. Someone bring a regular TV next time, playing at your full potential is pretty hard on setups like that.

GhettoSheep

Smash Journeyman
The next bi-weekly doesn't have a set date, we're letting everybody get settled into school, it'll probably get moved to the weekend though.

If you'll be here on the 30th you should come to D.M.R.D.
well, I have the choice of coming on the 12th or the 19th of september. It doesn't really matter either way, but I was trying to get some smash in because that would be tight

DallasPhat

Smash Master
D-Phat can actually do another round up this Thursday depending on how many people want to show up (cause I don't have classes on Tuesday and Thursday) I would of done one this tuesday but too short of a notice BUT if you guys are interested in playing I don't mind getting some practice in on thursday before that A-fest thing.

Santi

Smash Lord
I shouldn't of lost to that lame PT player. :p
You talking about that guy that starts and ends the match with Charizard?
I thought it was only a legend.
I heard you can spell the work Saint with his name....and his rock smashing skills have literally started earthquakes.

I thought for sure this was just an urban myth.

I heard his squirtle is like a ninja.

His Ivy sucks he doesn't need him to win a tourney set :)

DEV64

Smash Apprentice
ah i have to start school in the moring this sucks this means less tourny's:( but i can still come to stuff on weekends and stuff after school:chuckle:

Melee1

Smash Journeyman
OK.. The grand finals for MGC went like this:

On the first match I one stocked infinity in mk dittos by (time).
The second match he beat me with one stock on lylat. Mk dittos.
Game three: Was my iceclimbers vs his mk and he one stocked me on fd.
GAME 4: I (4 STOCK Infinity in MK dittos!! on battlefield).
Game 5: He counters norfair and I lead by one stock until the end he kills me and were tied with one stock apiece. The timer is at 5 secs and i have 23 and infinity had like 42 and the time ran up.

Not trying to be rude infinity but when you tell people I won the tourney because of the time running out twice isnt the whole story. Please when you tell people what happen tell them the whole story including the four stock on battlefield. We have a great rival going on and as always ggs and close games

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
OK.. The grand finals for MGC went like this:

On the first match I one stocked infinity in mk dittos by (time).
The second match he beat me with one stock on lylat. Mk dittos.
Game three: Was my iceclimbers vs his mk and he one stocked me on fd.
GAME 4: I (4 STOCK Infinity in MK dittos!! on battlefield).
Game 5: He counters norfair and I lead by one stock until the end he kills me and were tied with one stock apiece. The timer is at 5 secs and i have 23 and infinity had like 42 and the time ran up.

Not trying to be rude infinity but when you tell people I won the tourney because of the time running out twice isnt the whole story. Please when you tell people what happen tell them the whole story including the four stock on battlefield. We have a great rival going on and as always ggs and close games
The four stock where I killed myself three times?

Skill kill, baby!

Edit - If you're going to rub this in my face then I'm done being nice about things and giving you chances to stop being a jerk. I never told anyone you won the tournament because of time, I said you won two of our matches because of time and you can tell I'm upset about it. I know you know I'm upset about that because we both went and talked to the tournament organizer about it and he wrote down the suggestion we gave him for tournaments down the line. I'm not upset about losing, you did a perfectly fine job of beating me and deserved the win; I'm angry because I don't feel like I lost because I got out-skilled so much as I lost because the rules are ********. Yes, this is a good rivalry and I feel like we're on about the same skill level on this game and that our matches could go either way, but you took what I said way too personally when all I was doing was idly complaining about losing 2 matches to time, NOT about losing the set to you.

It's obvious from your reaction both Saturday night and with this post that you already have some kind of ill-will towards me that I don't feel I deserve and I want to know the reason for it. I'm not arguing this any further on these boards, say what you have to say in a private message so everyone else can get on with their lives and not have to watch another argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom