• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scar

#HarveyDent
aww bummer that you are going on a trip (but at the same time have fun! :p). i would be up for next weekend (isn't that labor day weekend?) except I was going to try and take a trip up to KC to go hang with my BF and my crew, they all play smash my bf's handle is darkrain, you might know dmac and dyc and maybe z if you went to any tournaments in the last couple years. :) See you guys soon then hopefully... i'll practice my game when I get a chance, this school keeps me hella busy.
I've seen you @ Pound and heard you saying "C'mon Dave" in a bunch of camcorder vids hahaha... is he still playing? He's ***** me every single time, I'm trying to find out what tourneys I have to go to to finally get like an hours worth of play time in. I suck @ Falcon Dittos.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'm glad us lubbock peeps aren't the only ones who understand this, because its always annoying arguing with stupid people like hylian about this.

nice topic infinity, but honestly its gonna go ignored. but thats ok, our understanding of how "priority" really works makes dallas/lubbock that much better than the rest of the world. GO US! XD
Ignorance is bliss.

So is DP.

I just finished my last can though :(.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
aurghhh?? raggy?? [/scooby doo]

Wow, we have scar posting in my thread AND darkrain's Gf wanting to play melee with me, this week is broken lol

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Hey Hylian, guess where Dr. Pepper was invented?

Waco (No lie)

:lick:

I'm gonna see if I can go to the tournament on the 30th and then HOBO which is like a week after.

Jesi

Smash Ace
haha you guys are funny. I will be making trips up to KC here and there, and darkrain will be coming down here here and there, as well. In October over my break I'm going to go to a huge KC tournament we're hosting. Scar if you want to play darkrain and get some practice in before the tourney you are welcome to hitch a ride or get free housing at our place (his place I suppose since I moved down here) :p Only problem is I'd be staying a week and if you're in school that wouldn't quite work now would it. :p But anyway....

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=186283 Tourney Thread <<

It has a $500 out of state bonus. melee exclusive though, sorry brawl peeps :\. We do have frequent brawl tournaments up there but they aren't always run by us and 8 hours IS kinda far to drive...less you're with a pro who drives it frequently...AHEM* :p

But yeah, I went to pound and do cheer him on a lot. :) I've been to a ton of tourneys I can't even count anymore and if anyone is still up for some games this weekend (even tonight?) I'd love to come play long as it's not too far away. :p

Peace! :D

P.S. I told him about the falcon hour mentioned a page back and he laughed and thought it sounded AWESOME. lol

P.P.S. I'm desperately trying to get him to come to the Dallas tourney and I think he might... the g-kon III thingy. so there's another one he'll probably be at.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami

chic

Smash Ace
Just got back from the MGC in Hurst. For my first serious tourny it was alot of fun! (except for the rain delay) I won't be able to sleep knowing that I should of beaten the Marth that beat me!

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Oh yeah--if Melee takes place give me a call. I'll go unless the call of Harry Potter is just too powerful. And tac0?

Jesi

Smash Ace
That was pretty fun! I hope I didn't come off like too much of a n00b, thanks for the hospitality Fogo. :) You and your brother are too cool. ^_^

<3!!

Hope to meet some of the other smasher's soon! ^_^

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
Haha no prob, it was my pleasure.

You're the most technical female falco i've ever met, and ditto's will be fun for you soon, i'll show you my ways of enjoyment :)

Ladybug

Smash Lord
One: Shuz, if you don't give me something else to make I'm making cookies for the 30th... Cause I gotta send Hanson some. Haha.

Two: Infinity, what do -you- want?

O.T.L

Smash Apprentice
I went to the MGC event yesterday, it was lots of fun. Got my arse handed to me first round but its all good I think I did allright for my first tourney I at least won a match(from the 2/3 set).

I will be attending the next one on the 30th anyone else going to that?

Oh and who won the tourney? My was on money melee1.

edit- cookies are good, just stick with that

Bwett

Smash Ace
I went to the MGC event yesterday, it was lots of fun. Got my arse handed to me first round but its all good I think I did allright for my first tourney I at least won a match(from the 2/3 set).

I will be attending the next one on the 30th anyone else going to that?

Oh and who won the tourney? My was on money melee1.

edit- cookies are good, just stick with that
I applaud your diddy skills dude. However, after that first match, I caught on to your style. You definitely need to learn how to change it up :)

O.T.L

Smash Apprentice
lol, I agree with the first comment. That class would be awsome, even better if it was brawl they were playing, but I'm sure they use the gamecube because it is cheap.

edit- O yeah, you definately caught on, I should have switched to my Link I'm very diverse with him, but Link is very laggy and stuff so i decided to stay with Diddy.

I think I'll stick to Link the 30th

Big Bob

Smash Apprentice
Now that I've missed three MGC tournaments, somebody remind me to go this Saturday; it's my duty to at least attend one of them.

Bwett

Smash Ace
lol, I agree with the first comment. That class would be awsome, even better if it was brawl they were playing, but I'm sure they use the gamecube because it is cheap.

edit- O yeah, you definately caught on, I should have switched to my Link I'm very diverse with him, but Link is very laggy and stuff so i decided to stay with Diddy.

I think I'll stick to Link the 30th
Yeah I heard you discussing it with your friend. Really glad you stuck with Diddy. Link has advantage against yoshi 7:3.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
@MGC in Hurst: I was disappointed in some of the smashers there. It seems we've lost respect for one another. How lame. I had some fun. Was annoyed by my lack of practice combined with laggy TVs. However I did get to some two replays of complete ownage.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Droppin' In

It's been awhile, but I heard someone mention my name and desert snacks in the same, graceful breath.

Anyway, we officially have Oklahoma's first official Brawl Power Rankings list up. The only problem is that our roster is over-stacked with talent, so I'mma be gunnin' for a spot on the TX Power Rankings. Simply put, there's no longer enough room up here for all of us, so we're coming for all you guys now. =) Look out, suckas! Thanks again for the outline of your power rankings procedures, Fogo; it was very helpful.

To Bwett: It would seem that there's a raging debate between both the Diddy and Yoshi boards regarding who has the advantage in our particular match-up. What do you think? I'd have to say that, based on the last handful of face-offs we had, it definitely seems pretty even. Some of the arguments in favor of Yoshi having the advantage aren't completely unreasonable however, and since I am playing with pretty much the best Yoshi in the Milky Way, it's not inconceivable for you to eventually outclass me either. =) **** that super-armor!

Lastly, who's been winning at the last three Dallas MGCs?

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
@MGC in Hurst: I was disappointed in some of the smashers there. It seems we've lost respect for one another. How lame. I had some fun. Was annoyed by my lack of practice combined with laggy TVs. However I did get to some two replays of complete ownage.
You should come over to billy's some time and have fun while playing smash, like the old days. I think we'll be playing tonight if you're interested.

Thanks again for the outline of your power rankings procedures, Fogo; it was very helpful.
No problem, i'm only here to better the community as a whole :)

DEV64

Smash Apprentice
You should come over to billy's some time and have fun while playing smash, like the old days. I think we'll be playing tonight if you're interested.

No problem, i'm only here to better the community as a whole :)
and u do it **** well fogo.:chuckle:

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
One: Shuz, if you don't give me something else to make I'm making cookies for the 30th... Cause I gotta send Hanson some. Haha.

Two: Infinity, what do -you- want?
After having both your brownies and your cookies I can definitively say:

I CAN'T MAKE UP MY MIND!!! :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:( :psycho:

We'll say brownies, but I reserve the right to change my mind at any time :p

pootTheBox

Smash Ace
lol at that college using melee as a course because cubes are cheaper. More like the game is 13x as deep/interesting

herbivores were breaking down melee hardcore and we mentioned making a book out of it. I wonder if they need a new textbook...

Bwett

Smash Ace
To Bwett: It would seem that there's a raging debate between both the Diddy and Yoshi boards regarding who has the advantage in our particular match-up. What do you think? I'd have to say that, based on the last handful of face-offs we had, it definitely seems pretty even. Some of the arguments in favor of Yoshi having the advantage aren't completely unreasonable however, and since I am playing with pretty much the best Yoshi in the Milky Way, it's not inconceivable for you to eventually outclass me either. =) **** that super-armor!
I think it's pretty close to even, could oscillate slightly in either direction really. Diddy has bananas while yoshi has eggs that can break your peanuts. Both can gimp each other pretty well. I have a chaingrab on you, but bananas can easily discourage that. You can deal alot of damage fast, but I can kill you at lower percentages since the only kill moves you have are fsmash, fair, and bair, (dair is rather difficult and not very trustworthy) if i recall correctly.

Besides that quick analysis, I don't know much else. I know that once you get over the initial shock of banana juggling, you don't really have too hard of a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom