• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Yo bored, I have ps3 sfIV, but I think Shuz has xbox cuz I know Jingo does. Maybe we could play some time. I main sagat :D. First day I played the game my friend wanted to know if I wanted to play. I was like, no thats ok, you can get warmed up on a cpu. Meanwhile I go to a nearby room and look up a tier list. It was then, that I knew who I was going to main. :p I learned my lesson from brawl, fox freakin sucks! Too bad I main him, now I have to live with him. Of course, is it all that bad? If I hadn't picked Sagat I probably would've gone Ken cuz hes got cool hair and I like his combo(haha). Theres already a billion Ken's in the world, who wants another.

Oh and its time to get excited about summer smashfests, just one week away!!!!

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yo bored, I have ps3 sfIV, but I think Shuz has xbox cuz I know Jingo does. Maybe we could play some time. I main sagat :D. First day I played the game my friend wanted to know if I wanted to play. I was like, no thats ok, you can get warmed up on a cpu. Meanwhile I go to a nearby room and look up a tier list. It was then, that I knew who I was going to main. :p I learned my lesson from brawl, fox freakin sucks! Too bad I main him, now I have to live with him. Of course, is it all that bad? If I hadn't picked Sagat I probably would've gone Ken cuz hes got cool hair and I like his combo(haha). Theres already a billion Ken's in the world, who wants another.

Oh and its time to get excited about summer smashfests, just one week away!!!!
Sounds great Ruddy. I didn't even know you had a PS3. I main Ryu, but did not know he was so high on the tier list. To be honest, tiers in that game are way closer than they are in Brawl.

Jingo_Joe

Smash Apprentice
Blazblue looks totally epic, but I'm sticking with SFIV for now. I like its style and I wanna see where I can go with it.

Suspect

Smash Hero
where is the tekken love? oh yea in houston >_>

Blazbue looks good, hopefully i can find a character similar to Jam

but what we really need is for the TvC american release to hurry and come out and CvS2 HD for the ps3 just like MvC2

Big Bob

Smash Apprentice
While we're at it, SOUL CALIBUR IV HELL YEAH

Just kidding, I don't even own it. SCII was good but that's the only one in the series I've played.

ICE27

Smash Apprentice
NNID
michael0275
Whats up frost ? Trying to get like ice posting in the dallas thread? Where you at man? Need to chill real soon. Better be at FS6

Dojo

Smash Champion
Lol, it's fine. That happened once. 99% of the time, hard reads don't apply to me. :)

The magic himself was stunned multiple times during the previous weekend.

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
Would anyone like to house me for a night in june? I think itll be like the 21st or something, a friday. I have orientation early that morning in Denton so i can't just drive up on the day of.

And of course there will be smash the night before

pleeeeeeeaaaasseeeeeeee? =)

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Hmmmm. Andy, would you be ok with me staying at you place tomorrow night? I'm not 100% sure if I am gonna do that, but I wanna make sure it is cool with you before I try to make plans.

d4bA

Smash Cadet
Speaking of hard reads, no options. Smash tournaments at Akon are looking that way. They expected lots of people to come, so they capped the tournaments at 32 people for singles & TEAMS (WTF?)?!?!?
No options

Very sad about this event :(, gaming wise. Hope the anime side makes up for it (lol wtf my 4 yr old niece doodles and colors in the lines too!)

W

Warlock_613

32 people? Wtf? Thats the second reason im going to akon is for that tourney ( first being friends )

samusedaway

Smash Journeyman
You've got word Damien? We usually are the ones who run/hold the smash tournament at Akon and I know we aren't doing one this year....maybe they got the guys from GameStop again. That should be fun considering their rules........ Anyway we'll see ya there with smash regardless of tournaments.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Speaking of hard reads, no options. Smash tournaments at Akon are looking that way. They expected lots of people to come, so they capped the tournaments at 32 people for singles & TEAMS (WTF?)?!?!?
No options

Very sad about this event :(, gaming wise. Hope the anime side makes up for it (lol wtf my 4 yr old niece doodles and colors in the lines too!)
Why would they do that? Isn't the objective to make more money?

d4bA

Smash Cadet
so is smash this weekend @ pbt or akon....
Kirbykid is going to akon if I'm not mistaken (forgot my source). He has an upcoming melee tournament if anybody is interested coming up. That was supposed to be this weekend, but it got pushed forward a week. If you want more info on that, check the Southwest thread (non-drew one).
So, from what I can gather. There won't be a PBT this weekend or brawl PBT next weekend. Don't take my word for it. That's simply what I can deduce. I've not spoke with Kirbykid himself.

Why would they do that? Isn't the objective to make more money?
I remember Afest not being able to have Cash pots due to a "gambling" issue. They considered the event a "gambling" event instead of anime event. However, they were more than ecstatic to produce card game events (magic and the such) with prizes. Imo, they are jealous that video games get more hype than card events. Pretty sure it has to do with the directors of each sector in the convention. They make the calls.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Actually guys its DuggFinn in charge of the gameroom at Akon.

So I really am scratching my head at 32 cap for Brawl. Last year's was 128 cap, but single elimination.

Melee1

Smash Journeyman
Ok ive confirmed with dugfin Mr.3000 and trex there will be a cap of 32 people with MK banned (FOR SURE) 1st signed up gets to play though No more than 32. Oh and there most likely going to change it to items as well(Maybe). Dugfin is running it this year. I called her and confirmed everything. 32 cap is because the lack of setups and the convention is not allowing her enough time and last year SCAV ran the 128 single elimination which I got second:(

MK will be banned 3 stock and possible items as well. But like most people im going for the con and if they have brawl, ill play no matter what the rules are. For sure those are the offical rules though.

*One more day and ill post about the SUMMER RUDDY SMASHFEST "sorry for taking so long"

CometStar

Smash Apprentice
Hey Dallas, me and Kyas are back from Baylor for the summer. Any regular smashfests that go on besides PBT?

Anywho, I'll also be at Akon this year. A 32 man tournament for an event that houses 10000+ people, Seriously? O_o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom