• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Melee Thread! 10/20 Little Rock, 10/27 San Antonio

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Usually when I go to Seth's, I bring people along to carpool with. I couldn't find anyone this time, and his place is over an hour away.

MT_

Smash Ace
I'm going to post that link into the UT Smash Club thread (aka the thread where Austin Melee resides).

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
It's in Houston's. Sethlon, team with me if I go? <3
Maybe. UTDZac has expressed interest in teams, so if he ends up coming I'll probly be teaming with him.

Productivity! Added Pinkie Pie Productions and TYS 5 to the thread title and info and links to the front page.

I'm going to change my smashfests to roughly bi-weeklies. Hopefully that'll make it so people will actually show up =P

Would you guys be interested in having some sort of player registry? Something like a list on the front page of all our players, general area where they live, phone numbers, etc. Ideally it would make it easier for people to get together and play/communicate with other members of the DFW scene. The Austin brawl thread has a good example; http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=191097, though I'm less interested in rankings.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Great, I don't even know who there is left to team with...do I want to lose with Emily or not...hmmm

And yay for productivity!

That is a great idea btw. I was thinking of doing that for Houston's and I had one originally, but there was no way for me to really weed out the active players and the inactive ones on the list. And then we just moved over to Facebook trollolol. Zigsta really put a lot of time into that OP thread lol wow

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
P3?????????? Uggghhhh, it's so much cuter if you say "Pinkie Pie". My goal is to have the words "Pinkie Pie" come out of everyone's mouth. Just saying it out loud makes me happy :):):):):):):):)

Sethlon: The registry might be a good idea, do we have enough players for one though :/

Syba: who said I'd even team with you! I don't want no scrubs holding me back!

WaterlessFishie

Smash Journeyman
A tourney in Grapevine would be awesome, definitely a lot closer then Fort Worth. And the 10th is a good date, as long as there aren't any surprise weddings conveniently planned at the same time and place as the tourney.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Me and Emily were considering it, but I really need to put some more work into final projects for class =/

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Aww, we'll drive down to Houston some other time. Holiday time is busy busy!!!! See you guys at the cutest tournament ever next week, Pinkie Pie Productions :):):)

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Well I really don't want to drive to Houston by myself and I really am busy this weekend. We'll go go the next Houston tourney, I promise :)

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
No smashfest today gentlemen, I've got final projects I need to cram for. Next sunday my schedule is free though, so smashfest then for sure!

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Smash at Emily's was super fun yesterday lol more people should play.

:phone:

Also, that's like after the first week of school for almost everyone.

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
MMMmmm, Smash was very fun! I don't remember a lot of it, but I'm pretty sure I was kicking ***. And holy crap, when did B91 get so damn technical. Syba, you need to stick around so he gets motivated to play hard!

I'll probably want to play Smash again tomorrow or Thursday if anyone else is interested.

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Smash at Emily's was super fun yesterday lol more people should play.

Also, that's like after the first week of school for almost everyone.
So...is that a good date or no? lol, also, is anyone else interested????? Or are we going to let some out of city nub dictate our schedule....

Sybawave

Smash Ace
I was just saying that it was that week lol I have no idea if that's good or bad.

But yeah seriously, he already took your money with Kirby and now you're letting him rule your tournament plans?

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
post this in the texas melee scene, I'm thinking of a tourney here in austin within the next two months, I'm sure houston is as well, and you here. we should plan with everybody else's input to maximize cooperation/attendance to all of our tourneys.

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Ooh, that's good idea, I'll post that. I still prefer Smashboards though, since I'm only fb friends with like two smashers in DFW. Plus, you don't get newcomers and stuff through facebook.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
You start from the boards and ou eventually get to know them and start socializing with them and then sooner or later you'll get to where Houston is xD

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Smash is too good. Smash is even better when you're a little toasty. Man, I was seriously channeling M2K when we were playing last night! :D

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Don't forget guys, smashfest this Sunday!

...hmm. I'm pretty sure I wanted to say something else too, but now I can't remember. Oh well!

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
How about Smash on Thursday? I'm going out of town on Friday...

I can host at my new place! I just moved from Grapevine into Dallas in the Medical District. I even have a designated Smash corner in my living room :) And there's train station right across the street from my place ;)

Top Bottom