• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DG Interview Thread: Walrus? Toasted

RPS

• Total voters

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
* Will FMA mafia ever start?
* No seriously, will it ever start?
I am truly sorry, but I have become sort of jaded about the setup. It isn't perfect, and 20 players is a lot of time to spend on a subpar game. It has some very interesting roles, but it is a flawed game, and I don't expect I will run it any time soon. I apologize to all of the players who signed up for the game only to be mod-blocked, and I am sorry I did not publicly state this earlier.

I also don't mean to derail this thread, so, if anyone wants to see the setup or discuss it, just PM me.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I am truly sorry, but I have become sort of jaded about the setup. It isn't perfect, and 20 players is a lot of time to spend on a subpar game. It has some very interesting roles, but it is a flawed game, and I don't expect I will run it any time soon. I apologize to all of the players who signed up for the game only to be mod-blocked, and I am sorry I did not publicly state this earlier.

I also don't mean to derail this thread, so, if anyone wants to see the setup or discuss it, just PM me.
Answer this in social if you don't mind, but do you plan on fixing the setup or just starting from scratch?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Answer this in social if you don't mind, but do you plan on fixing the setup or just starting from scratch?
I don't know. The problem is that there are errors in the setup, or rather... mechanics in the setup that make it "bad," but are also key to the feel of the setup or flavor of the setup. They make the game swingy, or they make it anti-fun, or they make it too long, or they limit the flow of information, or they discourage activity... and yet they match the flavor, fit the roles, etc. I hope you understand what I mean. If I could fix these, I would not have to start from scratch; I also do not personally see any point of starting from scratch.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I don't know. The problem is that there are errors in the setup, or rather... mechanics in the setup that make it "bad," but are also key to the feel of the setup or flavor of the setup. They make the game swingy, or they make it anti-fun, or they make it too long, or they limit the flow of information, or they discourage activity... and yet they match the flavor, fit the roles, etc. I hope you understand what I mean. If I could fix these, I would not have to start from scratch; I also do not personally see any point of starting from scratch.
Completely, thanks for the information, at least we now have some idea of what's going on. Get it to us when it's ready.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Is your infection game ever going to finish?
Seriously, I've been waiting patiently for like over a year.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Rockin, I'm going to do the interview over Aim. Unless you guys want to do it another way. I don't really care so long as it's enjoyable for everyone. But yeah basically I was just going to pile up the questions and ask him in interview form over IM along with other interview-like questions.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Rockin, I'm going to do the interview over Aim. Unless you guys want to do it another way. I don't really care so long as it's enjoyable for everyone. But yeah basically I was just going to pile up the questions and ask him in interview form over IM along with other interview-like questions.
Hey, if you want to do it, then fine. I don't mind.

I was just going to do it cause I wasn't sure you had his AIM name or w/e

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I just sent him a message for it so we should be good.

btw guys more questions would be appreciated ^_^.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I just sent him a message for it so we should be good.

btw guys more questions would be appreciated ^_^.
Hold it, we don't want to make it too long, ya know.

Besides, it's been 3 days. I think we got enough questions for now.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Interview with Eor, Founder of Decisive Games.

[The interview was done all on AIM]

Eor is known as not only the Founder of Decisive games, but a talented Adventure and Mafia player. He's also a lover of bears.

-------------------------------

Rockin: Eor, thanks for going with us tonight for the Dgames mafia interview. How does it feel?

Eor: :-\

R: .....K I'll just assume that you're estatic to being here. now let's get the interview started! :-D

R: So Eor, what made you think of bringing DGames to SWF?

E: Well the forum games were pretty awful, it was really known as being a place most people avoided. But then drab made a mafia game and the original group of people sprung up, and i generally didn't want the awesome games to be brought down to the very bottom of the page from the "post to do x" games. Originally I would just sticky them, but every game was still basically the exact same people, and it was hard to bring people in since it was still the forum games and no one checked it...and considering that the mafia/adventure type games are barely similar at all to the other threads that made up Forum Games I figured it would be best if we could get a new forum that would comprise of just them. Both to keep the mafia games organized and to also bring people in who would probably be more interested in checking out something different then forum games

R: Do you feel that the way the game plays has shifted from when you started DGames, to now?

E: Well yeah, but when I started it we couldn't do more then 2 mafia games at a time, we actually had that as a rule since the community couldn't support more...so yeah it changed but that came from more people. Plus we were generally all figuring out how to play. In the first game we had the independant came out and revealed he was an independant but that he was going to play town aligned to help the town win

R: Why can't you receive PMs?

E: when i started the Thing, i asked for and recieved a special user group that only I belonged in that gave me around 50k pm storage. They don't do that anymore. But when i got banned i got kicked out of that, and so i don't have it anymore. i could ask but i really doubt they'd say yeah...well actually i can recieve/send PMs, i think...but i have around 3k pms in my inbox that i don't want to delete, since it basically chronicles both the thing and other games, and so i'm way over the limit to send or receive PMs cause i'm not going to delete any of them

R: Are you still relatively active on SWF, and if so, where do you spend most of your time on the site?

E: Fairley active, I suppose, and the Broom, because that's the only place i can post or see

R: Do you still enjoy the game of mafia, whether it be playing or just watching or modding on-going games? Which of these activities have you been doing the most lately, if any, and why?

E: Yeah, I do. I barely did any mafia in the last year or two but I'm getting back into it. And I've been playing the most, because I don't want to have to make a game

R: If you do still actively play/watch/mod games, where do you do so, and if it isn't Dgames, why the other place over Dgames?

E: the back room, and that's because to see the Dgames I'd have to log out, and then see the site in revolutions style and 20 posts per page, and i'd rather have my eyes not kill themselves

R: Do you have any interest in coming back to play mafia/adventure games here in Dgames?

E:Yeah, Interest. But i can't,so no, not exactly possible

R: What do you think of the new MVP system? [I had to explain what it was and what its rewards were]

E: Seems like it'd work, can't see how games are played so I dunno if it's changed anything. But I like the idea.

R: If you support the MVP system, as a mod, how would you judge the players in your game to determine who was the MVP? Basically, what kind of play is required for an MVP performance?

E: Well I'd probably look for the person that had the most impact on the winning side, or who basically made the most impression, as long as the impression wasn't "wow that guy his team the entire game". Course it's easier if someone just dominates

R: What's your favorite open setup in mafia (if you have one) and why?

E: honestly i don't have one...well, we use to play with like 20 something people (i think?). something like that. maybe just 18 or so, but based on those numbers. I guess about 4 mafia 1 independant 13 townies (or so?). So yeah

R: Do you think solo independent roles should always have some level of Bulletproofness?

depends on what role they got. i mean if someone made an independant that would turn up as town in an investigation would be way overpowered if they had some bulletproofness

R: If you could jump to the front of either hosting que and run a game, what flavour would it be?

E: Monty Python's Flying Mafia

R: Which Dgames mafia game that you played in did you enjoy the most?

E: Probably a tie between South Park Mafia 2 and Trigun Mafia. South Park mafia 2 was fun as mafia, since I basically led the town again and again into false lynches, but at the same point while playing i was completley amazed I was somehow not dead, but it was fun at the end to realize that i had almost died several night turns but through some luck the person was roleblocked or the doctor protected me. Trigun mafia was fun since I was town, and rooted out a lot of mafia early on but then messed up, the independant in that game had a role that made him turn up town if investigated so we naturally assumed he was town, ended up with only 3 of us and he was almost the first independant to win on the site, but my role made me fully bulletproof, and since I was the main character of Trigun we ended up with a name claim that basically confirmed me as town. mafia leader was bulletproof too, since there were independants that could kill, and he was actually told that my role was bulletproof but none of them picked up on it

R: Which Dgames mafia game that you did not play in do you wish you could have played in the most?

E: Spiderman mafia

R: Other than roles typically held in low regard (i.e. Lyncher, Jester, Survivor, PGO, etc.) what is your least favorite non-VT role?

E: tracker. not because it's a bad role, but because i swear i've recieved that role in like 90% of the games i've played.

R: Which mafia game did you find to be the least enjoyable? Why?

E: Batman Mafia in the Backroom, because it was the first time they decided to try night 0 actions and I was given the role of cop,which i had always wanted but never gotten before. Plus i hadn't played in a long time and was looking forward to it. But then i was night killed and so never even got to post

R: What was your first mafia game? How did it go?

E: Melee mafia. It was the first game and i missed the signups, seeing as it was forum games and i didn't visit. i was a replacement and took the place of a mafia game midway through it, it was a lot of fun. once i joined i led the town into lynching two people, but then i was nightkilled by a vigilante and couldn't do any more, though mafia did end up winning

R: How do you feel about scum winning so much?

E: if people are upset about scum winning so much i suggest they find a better way to play town.

R: Do you like larger games or smaller games more?

E: Larger games if they're active. Smaller games are generally a lot quicker and I prefer late game mafia

R: How did the awesome bear thing get started?

E: Matt, who was some italian guy who no longer goes here but use to be the mod of the proom, was judging a WWYP contest and was pressuring me to join. I didn't like the prompt and so didn't want to, but eventually about an hour before the deadline i threw together a story where Matt goes into the woods and gets ***** by a grizzly bear. Matt moved the story to the broom, then EE made an official petition to allow the story into the competition since he's a big fan of ****, and he used the angrybear.jpg picture. I actually don't really remember how that turned into me being a bear, but I think it was because I posted that picture as my "WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT" picture when closing certain threads...and because instead of taking a nap I slumber

R: Since this is SWF, I'm assuming you have played smash at least somewhat before. Do you still play smash bros? If so, which game(s)? If not, what did you play?

E: I played Melee as a party game. We'd just turn off hammers, stars and healing items, and those annoying cloak things. But other then playing it with some friends I never got that into it. still don't know how to wavedash

side note (from Eor):

when the smashwiki first came up I wrote something into it saying that Toadbanjoconker discovered wavedashing. when TBC is just some old mod I remembered because of his awful username. I figured it'd be replaced once people actually started writting into it and realized that was untrue, but last I checked it was still there. even saw someone in the forums critizing someone else for not knowing it

R: Do you prefer to play as town, scum, or indie? Why?

E: Only indie if I can nightkill people. other then that then I don't really have a preferance. Town is fun once there are enough posts to actually make intelligent lynches, while mafia is always fun to just fuck with people until you win

R: If you were to give a DGamer (not yourself) the MVP for the board, who would it be and why?

E: well, from what I remember Mashad seems to always win or do incredibly well. I only remember one mafia game with him though, but in adventure games I guess I'd give it to him. for mafia I don't know. How about Spam_Master?

R: How did you get the idea for DGames?

E: Well honestly me and my buddies were taking ectasy once, and we were driving along the suburb at like one in the morning when we saw what seemed to be a 15 year old black kid walking down the street with a duffel bag. We stopped and he said he had just been kicked out of his house, so he jumped in and we left for a party we were heading to, but on the way there the kid handed us all acid so we were pretty gone by the time we got there, and somewhere from that point to when I woke up somehow at home i thought it'd be a good idea.

R: Which site did you start playing forum Mafia on?

E: Smashboards

R: What's your favorite role to play as?

E: bulletproof townie

R: What's your best tip for newbies?

E: Look for the guy that always seems to act intelligent but keeps on messing up and getting townies killed. or if you're mafia then try to make sure you can't be directly tied to any townie lynch unless the townie fucks up huge and basically lynches himself. And for independants, nothing cause you're probably screwed

R: How long were you playing Mafia before you considered yourself a good player?

E: honestly first game day i played i thought i was pretty good. but we were all learning so it's not like i had to deal with people who actually were good. i wasn't exactly a monster at it, i was just ahead of the curve

R: Do you think there's ever a limit to how good someone can be at Mafia? or is there always room for improvement?

E: There's always room. Especially as long as other people improve and you have to learn how to try and beat them

R: Why is Tom so much better than you at Mafia?

E: There's a little known secret that Tom takes nude pictures of himself and photoshops cat ears on his head and uses it to bribe his opposition

R: What is your opinion of the SWF Staff as a whole?

E: well i mean, I think that can be answered by pointing out that they made Crimson King an administrator. And that guy is already like 90% serial killer. that's not even met as a joke. i refuse to meet up with that guy because i don't trust him to not stab me and use my intestines to make a blanket and suffocate a baby with it

R Who is your favorite Administrator?

E: hmm. from memory, Marc, because he was always a riot.

R: Whose your favorite Vet to play with and why?

E: tom is pretty fun because he's real good

R: Whose your favorite newbie to play with and why?

E: Rockin, because he's real awful and probably gay so it's always funny

R You have played in several adventure games, correct? What was your most favored Adevtenture game and why?

E: The Fog was real fun, but I probably had more fun with Gotham. While in the fog it was a lot of trickery and investigating, gotham had be battling batman across rooftops and nailing people to firey crosses and hanging people out of a window by their intestines, so I'd have to go with Gotham

R: Was there a memorable moment within an adventure game?

E: Yeah, many. I assume you want me to elaborate?

R: If you can, Eor

E: In the Fog: Running over smashman with his own car, fighting off bears in a cave and almost dying around three times, forming a strong game-lasting partnership with Tom, and fighting TMW and dying. For Batman: Killing Robin, the huge fight at the fundraiser where me/catwoman (again tom) fought Batman and Plaguedoctor, finally getting to Mayor Thorne and the fight against batman where he discoverd my penthouse hideout but didn't realize i had earlier fled and rigged it with explosives, which he barely escaped and started a really long fight between me and him. Batman had a lot more but those were the main ones

R: Well that's about it for the Decisive Games interview. Thanks for your participation. Is there anything else you liked to say before it's over?

E: Brawl back room doesn't care about black people

----------------------

AAAAAAAND there you have it! Eor in a nutshell.

If you didn't see your questions on here, sorry. Some of them felt like repeats of the previous questions, so I didn't include it in the interview.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
"R: Whose your favorite newbie to play with and why?

E: Rockin, because he's real awful and probably gay so it's always funny"

Oh god, I laughed so hard. Also I noticed a lot of censor dodging in there, bro. Who do I infract... Eor or you? Don't dodge it next time.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Infracting Censor Dodges in dGames is gay, sold. Tom and Marshy would never do that =/

:059:

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
No love for the EE.

Real talk though that Eor interview was amazing. Some of those answers were hysterical.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Haha agreed that interview was awesome, especially the mention of my favorite(well, it sucked I died but it was awesome) moment of WOTK... And what you talkin bout EE, look at all the WOTK love, that=EE love

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
"R: Whose your favorite newbie to play with and why?

E: Rockin, because he's real awful and probably gay so it's always funny"

Oh god, I laughed so hard. Also I noticed a lot of censor dodging in there, bro. Who do I infract... Eor or you? Don't dodge it next time.
Meh, sorry. I thought censor dodging was fine here, siince I never heard any complaints about it (Hell,we had to use that in one of EE's past games. lol)

Tomorrow, on Jan 21st, votes for the next person to be interviewed shall start.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hahaha, quite an entertaining interview. Eor is like a Dgames time capsule, he's so disconnected from what Dgames is like nowadays and his answers really show how long he's been gone and how much things have changed here. Really cool to hear from him and know he's doing well, but not cool to hear that he won't play here anymore just because he's too lazy to log out and log in to a separate account (speaking of which it blows my mind that he somehow got his main account unbanned just to see the Broom, but apparently it's ok for him to have multiple accounts in order to see the rest of the site? Why don't they just give his main account access again? Makes no sense.... =/) Whatevs though, not important. XP

Can't wait for the next one!

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Hahaha, quite an entertaining interview. Eor is like a Dgames time capsule, he's so disconnected from what Dgames is like nowadays and his answers really show how long he's been gone and how much things have changed here. Really cool to hear from him and know he's doing well, but not cool to hear that he won't play here anymore just because he's too lazy to log out and log in to a separate account (speaking of which it blows my mind that he somehow got his main account unbanned just to see the Broom, but apparently it's ok for him to have multiple accounts in order to see the rest of the site? Why don't they just give his main account access again? Makes no sense.... =/) Whatevs though, not important. XP

Can't wait for the next one!
Even if he could see the rest of the site with his main account, he can't recieve any PMs because his PM box is so full.

Okay guys! Time to start voting! Who's the next person you want to see interviewed? Whoever has the most votes shall be interviewed

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
(1:00:26 PM) Am*r:
1. The previous interviewee will choose 3 people they would like to see interviewd. The interviewee will then be voted upon out of those 3 by the rest of the dgamers!

(1:00:51 PM) R*ckin: oh right
(1:00:54 PM) R*ckin: shut up
(1:01:00 PM) Am*r: nope

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
@frozen: Eor's not allowed to log into new accounts and post elsewhere on the boards. That's why he can't play; his point was that he'd just have to log out entirely and surf the boards as a guest to see things other than the BRoom.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Alright then

Eor has picked these three people

Evil Eye
Tom
KevinM

Ironically, he voted for none of them.

Hah. I'm just kidding. He picked EE

Vote: Evil Eye

Start voting! :D